Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 492

post #7366 of 21273

I never said you were a troll, but I still don't really think it's necessary or a good idea. Given we've got

 

-V-Moda Shield Discussion!

-V-Moda M-100 Discussion!

-V-Moda M-100/VTF-100 Discussion!

 

That's way more threads than necessary.

 

But hey, I don't really care.

post #7367 of 21273
Quote:
Originally Posted by robble View Post

I never said you were a troll, but I still don't really think it's necessary or a good idea. Given we've got

 

-V-Moda Shield Discussion!

-V-Moda M-100 Discussion!

-V-Moda M-100/VTF-100 Discussion!

 

That's way more threads than necessary.

 

But hey, I don't really care.


I think the "shipping posts" will subside once more people get their units, we're trying our hardest!  I'll do an unboxing and intro video this week.

 

And it is true, our team is using the models that went through the destructive test labs, drop tests, scratch tests, environment and various phases.  We are sending the people the models that passed!  I'll have to wait until the next production run, but we always beat ours up thoroughly for accelerated real-life testing.

 

M-100/VAMP/VAMP VERSA

I'm testing M-100 now with the Vamps as I have been using the iPhone 5 for the last few days, holy smokes.  The soundstage and clarity is unreal compared to stock output, I am shocked.  Now I remember why I was tuning M-100/VAMP together months ago (I then had to tune to stock output as that will be most consumers).  

 

I hope to see some of you @ Canjam!


Edited by valkolton - 10/8/12 at 4:19pm
Reply
post #7368 of 21273
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHouse View Post

Although I too would be pissing myself with excitement, PLEASE go thru the steps with prepping these for review e.g. burn in & proper allowed usage time. You may be putting one of the first impressions on head-fi and it is paramount that your impressions be well founded as A LOT of people will be reading it. no pressure.

Hopefully I'll be home in a hour so as soon I get there will be like Christmas morning biggrin.gif I'll be doing my best and then sharing with everyone here wink_face.gif

post #7369 of 21273
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

I'm hoping this was just a typo in my email, but it says:

Express should be 3 - 5, and priority should be 6 - 10, from what I've heard. Should I assume a typo? When I follow the tracking number, it just says: 

I chose express as well and I must say it it quite a bit faster. my M-100's will be delivered on late Tuesday or Wednesday which is 3 or 4 buisness days not including today as its not getting moved today due to Canada Post not collecting or delivering packages today (Thanksgiving). But with that message you were getting I had that until Saturday night when it finally updated the status saying that it left LA that morning. And with priority it can take anywhere from 1-4 weeks so I think express was the right choice.


Hope this helps,
Edited by Arion - 10/8/12 at 5:06pm
post #7370 of 21273
I just got mine! Review to follow in a minute....




Wait! but the box says M-101. biggrin.gif Just kidding..

I am so ready to order the next batch!
post #7371 of 21273
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post


I think the "shipping posts" will subside once more people get their units, we're trying our hardest!  I'll do an unboxing and intro video this week.

 

And it is true, our team is using the models that went through the destructive test labs, drop tests, scratch tests, environment and various phases.  We are sending the people the models that passed!  I'll have to wait until the next production run, but we always beat ours up thoroughly for accelerated real-life testing.

 

M-100/VAMP/VAMP VERSA

I'm testing M-100 now with the Vamps as I have been using the iPhone 5 for the last few days, holy smokes.  The soundstage and clarity is unreal compared to stock output, I am shocked.  Now I remember why I was tuning M-100/VAMP together months ago (I then had to tune to stock output as that will be most consumers).  

 

I hope to see some of you @ Canjam!

 

Val, I wouldn't worry too much, there will be lots of unboxing videos etc... in the days to come.  I am planning on videoing mine, but not posting my horribly unqualified review until after the weekend...probably after my long airline flight a week from today.

 

Those of us that can't dump the coin (yet) on a VAMP would love to know though, would you say the M100 benefits from something as simple as a FiiO and LOD?  I know you don't want to talk up/down the competition, but it'd be good to know if there is something small we can do to get the most out of (what I will take the liberty of calling) your masterpiece.

post #7372 of 21273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awgd8 View Post

I just got mine! Review to follow in a minute....
Wait! but the box says M-101. biggrin.gif Just kidding..
I am so ready to order the next batch!

Congrats! Hoping the next production run will be shipped within this week~ 

post #7373 of 21273
Quote:
Originally Posted by robble View Post

On the bright side, moon cake

Yay mooncakes. Those are so yummy. I should have put one of those on my shields for the design...



And I guess to *not* jump on the bandwagon, my M-100's haven't shipped yet. Woo [audio]!
post #7374 of 21273

as Val said, once people start getting their units the conversations will thankfully shift from "my are shipping" "mine aren't shipping" into impressions and eventually reviews beyersmile.png
 

post #7375 of 21273
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeN8 View Post

as Val said, once people start getting their units the conversations will thankfully shift from "my are shipping" "mine aren't shipping" into impressions and eventually reviews beyersmile.png
 

Of course it will. Except this thread is peppered by so many irrelevant posts, including mine. This makes it difficult for new people to follow key discussions and reviews.

For example, someone will post his/her review, and then someone will follow up with, "Mine has not arrived", or "Mine is coming tomorrow". 

 

Perhaps all reviews should go here then: http://www.head-fi.org/products/v-moda-crossfade-m-100


Edited by eron - 10/8/12 at 6:26pm
post #7376 of 21273
Quote:
Originally Posted by eron View Post

Of course it will. Except this thread is peppered by so many irrelevant posts, including mine. This makes it difficult for new people to follow key discussions and reviews.
For example, someone will post his/her review, and then someone will follow up with, "Mine has not arrived", or "Mine is coming tomorrow". 

Perhaps all reviews should go here then: http://www.head-fi.org/products/v-moda-crossfade-m-100

What about the 5 other threads related to the M-100? Including this "Discussions/Feedback, Reviews" thread and the "appreciation thread".
post #7377 of 21273
Quote:
Originally Posted by blotto5 View Post

Why do you think that? According to the tracking info it did start shipping out on thursday, and and got as far as Ontario, California by Saturday. Theres been no new update except to give me an estimated reciept date.

Well I'm just saying, if it were three day shipping it'd be three days after the beginning of shipment (barring weekend & holidays of course, but if it shipped thursday that's thursday and friday added to the tally)

post #7378 of 21273
Quote:
Originally Posted by robble View Post

Well I'm just saying, if it were three day shipping it'd be three days after the beginning of shipment (barring weekend & holidays of course, but if it shipped thursday that's thursday and friday added to the tally)

You'd think that right? Shipping is always interesting when ordering close to the weekend, even moreso a long weekend. Apparantly they're only counting Friday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and the estimation may or may not be long just to give them a buffer zone in case of delays.

post #7379 of 21273
Quote:
Originally Posted by blotto5 View Post

You'd think that right? Shipping is always interesting when ordering close to the weekend, even moreso a long weekend. Apparantly they're only counting Friday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and the estimation may or may not be long just to give them a buffer zone in case of delays.

Americano, si? Then hopefully it shouldn't take that long. I live in MA, and whenever I've ordered from V-Moda I always get them only about four days max after they ship. But there is a reason why columbus day is one of my least favorite holidays (besides the fact that my college doesn't give me a day off =.=) I don't think the processing and delivery stuff halts on the weekends though, so we'll see.

post #7380 of 21273
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


What about the 5 other threads related to the M-100? Including this "Discussions/Feedback, Reviews" thread and the "appreciation thread".

None of these threads are shipping specific. We could have easily organised better by having threads for different purposes.

M-100 Development, M-100 Shipping, VTF-100/M-100 Pre-release Reviews.


Edited by eron - 10/8/12 at 7:23pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.