Today got a message from their customer support asking me to switch from red custom shields to another color because of shortages. Sounds like there's still some work left to be done before shipping...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
1. Introduction The Prophile-8, a 8 balanced armature in-ear monitor, is the new flagship from well-established German brand In-ear. So far the brand had an offering going from 2 to 4 driver...
Video Review It's not unusual to find a headphone or IEM manufacturer to branch out into making their own amps, and then their own cables, but Ken Ball is one of two people who have gone in...
Warm, good sounding player with no harshness. Spacious and natural sound. Easy to listen for long time without any fatigue. Fiio x5 II sounds more neutral and analytical with harshness on upper...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 475
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7112 of 2293910/5/12 at 8:52amToday got a message from their customer support asking me to switch from red custom shields to another color because of shortages. Sounds like there's still some work left to be done before shipping...
They really don't have their shield plans together. They should have done focus group testing on what shields would be the most popular.post #7113 of 2293910/5/12 at 8:52am
Le sigh.. My M50's chose a bad time to crap out on me. Hey, at least my iPod Touch 5th Gen is ready to ship out on time..
That's one thing going right I guess.
Edited by BRSxIgnition - 10/5/12 at 8:53ampost #7114 of 2293910/5/12 at 8:56amQuote:
Yeah... if one thing needs to be improved upon, it's def their shield management. Brushed shields suddenly appeared then disappeared from their site due to demand. Everyone loves them! So they really should've been prepared for that.post #7115 of 2293910/5/12 at 9:27amQuote:
Yeah, that's odd too since Val indicated that all the shields were already done except the brushed.post #7116 of 2293910/5/12 at 9:32amQuote:
Funny, same thing happened to my M50's last week. Walked past a dumpster and there she went - ouch. To paraphrase the surgeon general on the other side of the pond: Quitting Headphones Now Greatly Reduces Serious Risks to Your Health.
Edited by Vibemerchant - 10/5/12 at 9:38ampost #7117 of 2293910/5/12 at 10:40amQuote:
All of these must be a sign...!post #7118 of 2293910/5/12 at 11:05ampost #7119 of 2293910/5/12 at 11:21ampost #7120 of 2293910/5/12 at 11:35amQuote:
Indeed we should. Also, I've not heard of this Amy Herzog, but after looking around it appears she's worked in Steppenwolf, which I'm a huge fan of. I suppose we should continue this in PMs, as I don't quite think everyone else wants to talk theatre in an M-100 thread.
In an attempt to stay on-topic: Gee, I sure am anxious.post #7121 of 2293910/5/12 at 11:48am
This is pretty much all the thread is now. Really no point continuing this thread until the shields have been restocked, the boom mics have been received, the M-100 has been packaged, and everything has been sent out.
This all should've been handled much better - but all we can do now is wait.post #7122 of 2293910/5/12 at 11:57ampost #7123 of 2293910/5/12 at 12:09pmQuote:
I don't think anybody is forgetting that we will still be "first", but that doesn't mean we aren't allowed to be anxious. We also don't know how early it will be. Since Anakchan and others are getting the standard retail box and we know that the pipeline got turned on weeks ago it's conceivable that we may only get it a few days or weeks before the rest of the world, it's all a guessing game at this point.
I still stand behind Val as doing the right thing keeping us in the loop, but I also understand why people are frustrated since each update is the only thing we are waiting on now is XX, then the next update once XX hurdle has been cleared the only thing we are waiting on is YY. Having been in manufacturing for a long time I understand that stuff comes up beyond control all the time though, and we are just seeing a lot of that unfold and decisions changing along the way due to the new circumstances.post #7124 of 2293910/5/12 at 12:12pmI don't know why but I feel like we have been played with numerously with either the release date or the ship date. The starting was with the date of July 4th. Then we were told not so fast and that vtf would let us few preorder. Then we got to pre order them with no shipping date and a time frame of 45 days. Oh how well that went. Then we were told of magical day of the 21st which was a no go. Then a couple of week later Val said everything is good and that we can vote for him to check them for himself which obviously all of you guys said yes to but a couple. Oh great so he was right that time and they will be shipped on mon right??? Hahaha no so now the shipping date is in a limbo and who knows when we will get them.post #7125 of 2293910/5/12 at 12:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by raytraceme
I don't know why but I feel like we have been played with numerously with either the release date or the ship date. The starting was with the date of July 4th. Then we were told not so fast and that vtf would let us few preorder. Then we got to pre order them with no shipping date and a time frame of 45 days. Oh how well that went. Then we were told of magical day of the 21st which was a no go. Then a couple of week later Val said everything is good and that we can vote for him to check them for himself which obviously all of you guys said yes to but a couple. Oh great so he was right that time and they will be shipped on mon right??? Hahaha no so now the shipping date is in a limbo and who knows when we will get them.
I feel like it's limbo because of the darn shields.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Best earbuds to get 35 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 40 seconds ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Prog rock 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 4 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 7 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 8 minutes ago
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear