Today got a message from their customer support asking me to switch from red custom shields to another color because of shortages. Sounds like there's still some work left to be done before shipping...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 6/26/15
Forgive me in advance for this review won't be focused too much on the sound. From the little while that I was able to listen to these headphones, they sounded amazing. They had a neutral tone...
First of all I would like to thank Hifinage (http://www.hifinage.com/) for arranging a review tour and sending this to me. They are really stepping up their game and slowly increasing the product...
First things first: I would like to thank Lin and RHA for the opportunity to test these IEMs and provide my honest opinion of them in return. It really is great that this community allows this...
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 475
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7112 of 2186510/5/12 at 8:52amToday got a message from their customer support asking me to switch from red custom shields to another color because of shortages. Sounds like there's still some work left to be done before shipping...
They really don't have their shield plans together. They should have done focus group testing on what shields would be the most popular.post #7113 of 2186510/5/12 at 8:52am
Le sigh.. My M50's chose a bad time to crap out on me. Hey, at least my iPod Touch 5th Gen is ready to ship out on time..
That's one thing going right I guess.
Edited by BRSxIgnition - 10/5/12 at 8:53ampost #7114 of 2186510/5/12 at 8:56amQuote:
Yeah... if one thing needs to be improved upon, it's def their shield management. Brushed shields suddenly appeared then disappeared from their site due to demand. Everyone loves them! So they really should've been prepared for that.post #7115 of 2186510/5/12 at 9:27amQuote:
Yeah, that's odd too since Val indicated that all the shields were already done except the brushed.post #7116 of 2186510/5/12 at 9:32amQuote:
Funny, same thing happened to my M50's last week. Walked past a dumpster and there she went - ouch. To paraphrase the surgeon general on the other side of the pond: Quitting Headphones Now Greatly Reduces Serious Risks to Your Health.
Edited by Vibemerchant - 10/5/12 at 9:38ampost #7117 of 2186510/5/12 at 10:40amQuote:
All of these must be a sign...!post #7118 of 2186510/5/12 at 11:05ampost #7119 of 2186510/5/12 at 11:21ampost #7120 of 2186510/5/12 at 11:35amQuote:
Indeed we should. Also, I've not heard of this Amy Herzog, but after looking around it appears she's worked in Steppenwolf, which I'm a huge fan of. I suppose we should continue this in PMs, as I don't quite think everyone else wants to talk theatre in an M-100 thread.
In an attempt to stay on-topic: Gee, I sure am anxious.post #7121 of 2186510/5/12 at 11:48am
This is pretty much all the thread is now. Really no point continuing this thread until the shields have been restocked, the boom mics have been received, the M-100 has been packaged, and everything has been sent out.
This all should've been handled much better - but all we can do now is wait.post #7122 of 2186510/5/12 at 11:57ampost #7123 of 2186510/5/12 at 12:09pmQuote:
I don't think anybody is forgetting that we will still be "first", but that doesn't mean we aren't allowed to be anxious. We also don't know how early it will be. Since Anakchan and others are getting the standard retail box and we know that the pipeline got turned on weeks ago it's conceivable that we may only get it a few days or weeks before the rest of the world, it's all a guessing game at this point.
I still stand behind Val as doing the right thing keeping us in the loop, but I also understand why people are frustrated since each update is the only thing we are waiting on now is XX, then the next update once XX hurdle has been cleared the only thing we are waiting on is YY. Having been in manufacturing for a long time I understand that stuff comes up beyond control all the time though, and we are just seeing a lot of that unfold and decisions changing along the way due to the new circumstances.post #7124 of 2186510/5/12 at 12:12pmI don't know why but I feel like we have been played with numerously with either the release date or the ship date. The starting was with the date of July 4th. Then we were told not so fast and that vtf would let us few preorder. Then we got to pre order them with no shipping date and a time frame of 45 days. Oh how well that went. Then we were told of magical day of the 21st which was a no go. Then a couple of week later Val said everything is good and that we can vote for him to check them for himself which obviously all of you guys said yes to but a couple. Oh great so he was right that time and they will be shipped on mon right??? Hahaha no so now the shipping date is in a limbo and who knows when we will get them.post #7125 of 2186510/5/12 at 12:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by raytraceme
I don't know why but I feel like we have been played with numerously with either the release date or the ship date. The starting was with the date of July 4th. Then we were told not so fast and that vtf would let us few preorder. Then we got to pre order them with no shipping date and a time frame of 45 days. Oh how well that went. Then we were told of magical day of the 21st which was a no go. Then a couple of week later Val said everything is good and that we can vote for him to check them for himself which obviously all of you guys said yes to but a couple. Oh great so he was right that time and they will be shipped on mon right??? Hahaha no so now the shipping date is in a limbo and who knows when we will get them.
I feel like it's limbo because of the darn shields.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Choosing the right equipment 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.3 - July 2, 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Icon Audio HP8/MP 3 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Spring 2015 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 6 minutes ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 6 minutes ago
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 6 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3