Today got a message from their customer support asking me to switch from red custom shields to another color because of shortages. Sounds like there's still some work left to be done before shipping...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
I was a strong believer that the more expensive the headphones are the better they sound. After hearing Earbell (or Mrice) E100, and Venture Electronics Monk a short while ago, I proved that I was...
Most people hate this headphone because of annoying treble spike and low mid treble but if just need to tweek EQ to see its potential.
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 475
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7112 of 2253210/5/12 at 8:52amToday got a message from their customer support asking me to switch from red custom shields to another color because of shortages. Sounds like there's still some work left to be done before shipping...
They really don't have their shield plans together. They should have done focus group testing on what shields would be the most popular.post #7113 of 2253210/5/12 at 8:52am
Le sigh.. My M50's chose a bad time to crap out on me. Hey, at least my iPod Touch 5th Gen is ready to ship out on time..
That's one thing going right I guess.
Edited by BRSxIgnition - 10/5/12 at 8:53ampost #7114 of 2253210/5/12 at 8:56amQuote:
Yeah... if one thing needs to be improved upon, it's def their shield management. Brushed shields suddenly appeared then disappeared from their site due to demand. Everyone loves them! So they really should've been prepared for that.post #7115 of 2253210/5/12 at 9:27amQuote:
Yeah, that's odd too since Val indicated that all the shields were already done except the brushed.post #7116 of 2253210/5/12 at 9:32amQuote:
Funny, same thing happened to my M50's last week. Walked past a dumpster and there she went - ouch. To paraphrase the surgeon general on the other side of the pond: Quitting Headphones Now Greatly Reduces Serious Risks to Your Health.
Edited by Vibemerchant - 10/5/12 at 9:38ampost #7117 of 2253210/5/12 at 10:40amQuote:
All of these must be a sign...!post #7118 of 2253210/5/12 at 11:05ampost #7119 of 2253210/5/12 at 11:21ampost #7120 of 2253210/5/12 at 11:35amQuote:
Indeed we should. Also, I've not heard of this Amy Herzog, but after looking around it appears she's worked in Steppenwolf, which I'm a huge fan of. I suppose we should continue this in PMs, as I don't quite think everyone else wants to talk theatre in an M-100 thread.
In an attempt to stay on-topic: Gee, I sure am anxious.post #7121 of 2253210/5/12 at 11:48am
This is pretty much all the thread is now. Really no point continuing this thread until the shields have been restocked, the boom mics have been received, the M-100 has been packaged, and everything has been sent out.
This all should've been handled much better - but all we can do now is wait.post #7122 of 2253210/5/12 at 11:57ampost #7123 of 2253210/5/12 at 12:09pmQuote:
I don't think anybody is forgetting that we will still be "first", but that doesn't mean we aren't allowed to be anxious. We also don't know how early it will be. Since Anakchan and others are getting the standard retail box and we know that the pipeline got turned on weeks ago it's conceivable that we may only get it a few days or weeks before the rest of the world, it's all a guessing game at this point.
I still stand behind Val as doing the right thing keeping us in the loop, but I also understand why people are frustrated since each update is the only thing we are waiting on now is XX, then the next update once XX hurdle has been cleared the only thing we are waiting on is YY. Having been in manufacturing for a long time I understand that stuff comes up beyond control all the time though, and we are just seeing a lot of that unfold and decisions changing along the way due to the new circumstances.post #7124 of 2253210/5/12 at 12:12pmI don't know why but I feel like we have been played with numerously with either the release date or the ship date. The starting was with the date of July 4th. Then we were told not so fast and that vtf would let us few preorder. Then we got to pre order them with no shipping date and a time frame of 45 days. Oh how well that went. Then we were told of magical day of the 21st which was a no go. Then a couple of week later Val said everything is good and that we can vote for him to check them for himself which obviously all of you guys said yes to but a couple. Oh great so he was right that time and they will be shipped on mon right??? Hahaha no so now the shipping date is in a limbo and who knows when we will get them.post #7125 of 2253210/5/12 at 12:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by raytraceme
I don't know why but I feel like we have been played with numerously with either the release date or the ship date. The starting was with the date of July 4th. Then we were told not so fast and that vtf would let us few preorder. Then we got to pre order them with no shipping date and a time frame of 45 days. Oh how well that went. Then we were told of magical day of the 21st which was a no go. Then a couple of week later Val said everything is good and that we can vote for him to check them for himself which obviously all of you guys said yes to but a couple. Oh great so he was right that time and they will be shipped on mon right??? Hahaha no so now the shipping date is in a limbo and who knows when we will get them.
I feel like it's limbo because of the darn shields.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › AKG's new K872? 22 seconds ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 58 seconds ago
- › What will the new DX200 look like? Dec 23, new images on page 1. 2 minutes ago
- › He-400 bass? 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › Need help with Xonar U7 Software settings for my headsets 7 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW ATH-CKS1100 first look by Jant71. PG 2066. 8 minutes ago
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › Dunu TITAN 3 by mark2410
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse