Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 359

post #5371 of 21075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post


Lol awesome Roma! Thanks for the compliment btw smily_headphones1.gif
Patience is definitely the answer, because basically there will always be a little bit of flux until the M-100 is ready.
That said, I definitely wasn't/am not always patient for new things or with others, but the good news is that it's a learned skill! AmIRite? biggrin.gif
Erp, yup, VTF-100. Lol, that's the telephone game for ya! *shrugs*


Haha a learned skill indeed. I have been waiting for these since I got the M-80s back in October 2011. I don't know how I have been able to wait this long, but I figure maybe if I keep patient and not further pressure Val all the more, then I won't jinx any sound expectations. My mindset anyway :)

post #5372 of 21075
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

From V-MODA's website:

 

VTF-100 (Pre-Order)

 

Yup, I was agreeing with you there beerchug.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roma101 View Post


Haha a learned skill indeed. I have been waiting for these since I got the M-80s back in October 2011. I don't know how I have been able to wait this long, but I figure maybe if I keep patient and not further pressure Val all the more, then I won't jinx any sound expectations. My mindset anyway :)

 

Oh wow.  The positive thing is that you've had since October 2011 to start saving up for them XD  So it won't hurt your wallet as much (it's a planned expense vs a splurged one).  Hope the investment is worth it. 

post #5373 of 21075
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

I know this is extremely OT, but when I see V-Moda, I don't particularly think virtue.  I see something hard, thick, sharp, tough, etc as a word.  Can't think of anything that starts with a V to describe that off the top of my head though.  I guess Val in a way could be virtuous himself XD


That was the original plan.  I do like using the first editions better though. 


Yes, I did see the VTX-100 page priced at 310.  I also heard a few numbers by Val around 300 (but never exceeding) for the M-100.  I don't think at 3.33...% raise would do much for people ordering though. 

And yes, that is what my point was.  I understand new members (I don't like the term noob, has too much negativity behind it) can be annoying, but be nice to them and do give them the information they ask.  If you don't like them, ignore them (someone else can handle it).  If it's unknown at the time, say you don't know (ignorance is never a bad thing to admit). 

I was trying to be more friendly to you in my words because your signature speaks of being nice to noobs. Like an attempt to make an inside joke with you.

$299.99 or .95 makes the most sense, just because that's how things are done in retail. I bet the extra $10 for the VTF units is just to cover the extras and early access.

Also, I usually don't ignore people with questions if I think I can help, though I haven't posted much lately because of work and attempts to find more/better work :/ Every time I read noob or n00b, I think of Frank Sinatra and Strangers in the Night, so that's MY inside joke, haha. Ooh another song to listen on the headphones!
post #5374 of 21075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post


I was trying to be more friendly to you in my words because your signature speaks of being nice to noobs. Like an attempt to make an inside joke with you.
$299.99 or .95 makes the most sense, just because that's how things are done in retail. I bet the extra $10 for the VTF units is just to cover the extras and early access.
Also, I usually don't ignore people with questions if I think I can help, though I haven't posted much lately because of work and attempts to find more/better work :/ Every time I read noob or n00b, I think of Frank Sinatra and Strangers in the Night, so that's MY inside joke, haha. Ooh another song to listen on the headphones!

 

LOL, I forgot that was in my signature XD  Your post made me chuckle, thanks :) 

post #5375 of 21075
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

LOL, I forgot that was in my signature XD  Your post made me chuckle, thanks smily_headphones1.gif 

Huzzah! Goal achieved.
post #5376 of 21075
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

Yup, I was agreeing with you there beerchug.gif


Oh wow.  The positive thing is that you've had since October 2011 to start saving up for them XD  So it won't hurt your wallet as much (it's a planned expense vs a splurged one).  Hope the investment is worth it. 

This is true although I've made quite a few splurges along the way lol. Trying to bandage up the wallet as we speak!
post #5377 of 21075
Quote:
Originally Posted by roma101 View Post


This is true although I've made quite a few splurges along the way lol. Trying to bandage up the wallet as we speak!

LOL! "By the way, have you noticed the quality items for sale in my signature?" :D Good luck Roma! And... we know how the splurging goes ;)

post #5378 of 21075

I'm proud to say I no longer read the filler in this thread and just scroll through looking for pics or new info from Val. It's been long enough discussing every minute detail of these headphones that I'm just waiting for release.

post #5379 of 21075

Which m100 should I go for? I am a guy and can't really decide I am going with the NY logo.

 

Shadow vmoda's with ocean blue shields (what I purchased currently),

 

or White vmoda's with regular blue shields.

 

Any other idea's?

post #5380 of 21075
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLA 15 View Post

I'm proud to say I no longer read the filler in this thread and just scroll through looking for pics or new info from Val. It's been long enough discussing every minute detail of these headphones that I'm just waiting for release.


+1; rarely post on this thread anymore as there is not much left to say, right now content with my new Denon D600, so no rush or urgency (although I still preordered).

post #5381 of 21075
Quote:
Originally Posted by raytraceme View Post

Which m100 should I go for? I am a guy and can't really decide I am going with the NY logo.

 

Shadow vmoda's with ocean blue shields (what I purchased currently),

 

or White vmoda's with regular blue shields.

 

Any other idea's?

 

Since I'm a guy with black hair, I opted out of the black coloured headphones and went for white with ocean blue shields.

Who knows though, maybe shadow and ocean blue looks good too. If I did choose a black headphone, green or purple shields would have been my options.

post #5382 of 21075
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

 

Since I'm a guy with black hair, I opted out of the black coloured headphones and went for white with ocean blue shields.

Who knows though, maybe shadow and ocean blue looks good too. If I did choose a black headphone, green or purple shields would have been my options.

Here are a few examples:

 

http://distilleryimage0.s3.amazonaws.com/a3c1a5c0d5ee11e1a62d1231380fd04a_7.jpg

 

http://cdn.head-fi.org/6/64/648140c0_420197_10150709946113092_106696703091_11367507_1401203978_n.jpeg

 

I genuinely like the white/blue shields/and grey pads


Edited by raytraceme - 8/22/12 at 5:31pm
post #5383 of 21075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post

LOL! "By the way, have you noticed the quality items for sale in my signature?" biggrin.gif Good luck Roma! And... we know how the splurging goes wink.gif

Exactamente, you know it! wink.gif
post #5384 of 21075
Quote:
Originally Posted by raytraceme View Post

Here are a few examples:

 

http://distilleryimage0.s3.amazonaws.com/a3c1a5c0d5ee11e1a62d1231380fd04a_7.jpg

 

http://cdn.head-fi.org/6/64/648140c0_420197_10150709946113092_106696703091_11367507_1401203978_n.jpeg

 

I genuinely like the white/blue shields/and grey pads

 

 

In that second picture with the Linsanity logo, it looks like some of the etching is gray and not completely white, how is that possible? I thought the VMODA engraving machines could only do completely white. Is that etching a specialty and not the kind we are able to order? It looks great!

post #5385 of 21075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorphaus View Post

 

 

In that second picture with the Linsanity logo, it looks like some of the etching is gray and not completely white, how is that possible? I thought the VMODA engraving machines could only do completely white. Is that etching a specialty and not the kind we are able to order? It looks great!


Val mentioned in the comments of that picture on V-Modas facebook that it is possible for them to do grayscale.

 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150709946113092&set=a.10150249433353092.370339.106696703091&type=3&theater


Edited by Mike96 - 8/22/12 at 7:57pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.