- 261 Posts. Joined 5/2006
- Location: Dallas, Tx
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 11/7/13 at 3:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 9/6/13 at 5:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/6/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 320post #4786 of 177348/16/12 at 7:00pmWhen are these going to ship? Site shows 45 to 60 days
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4787 of 177348/16/12 at 7:00pmQuote:
I don't know if this is intentional or an oversight. I mean, he does have a smartphone after all. Highly suspicious if you ask me, but we'll see.
Edited by darkfireblade25 - 8/16/12 at 7:01pmpost #4788 of 177348/16/12 at 7:03pmQuote:
That, and the teal Y-bars would be going too far. Either way, having the ocean blue shields on a white M-100 would be Miku-ish enough, I think.post #4789 of 177348/16/12 at 7:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mike96
While the picture of the white LP with black shields, black wing shields and a black headband underneath is an awesome color scheme. You can't change the wing shields on the M100 so in my opinion from how i imagine the M100 without the black wing shields, it messes up the look. The headband on the M100 for White Silver won't be black either so even more so.
Has anyone ever attempted to order replacement parts from V-MODA? It may be possible to order the entire "wing" assembly.
Check the pictures of the PPUs. They follow the M-80 design choice of eliminating the wing plates.
Edited by Curly21029 - 8/16/12 at 7:05pmpost #4790 of 177348/16/12 at 7:04pmQuote:
I think you have to take it to their base at LA for them to make repairs.
BTW. I like how nobody ratted us out on the FB page. Keep it up guys
Edited by darkfireblade25 - 8/16/12 at 7:11pmpost #4791 of 177348/16/12 at 7:10pmQuote:
Ive taken several headphones apart, including my V-80's. Trust me, you dont need to be a scientist to figure out how to swap the "wing" sectionpost #4792 of 177348/16/12 at 7:10pmQuote:
You haven't? Well I have seen that around and I am not even keeping up with this thread XD that is weird because you are more active than I am on this. O.opost #4793 of 177348/16/12 at 7:10pmQuote:
I didn't even think of that. XD
I was thinking ocean blue was similar to sky blue based on the photos I've seen.
As for the white colour scheme, I think grey inner headband + grey earpads looks the most fitting since the parts of the headphone that touch your head are all the same colour.
Back to the wing-plates, I'm not sure if it's removable. It doesn't have front screws like the LP/LP2/M-80, but there are 3 back screws...so LP/LP2 wing-plates won't work:
Edited by miceblue - 8/16/12 at 7:15pmpost #4794 of 177348/16/12 at 7:14pmQuote:
I didn't even know that the M-80's couldn't change wings.
I never really paid attention to the wings on any of the V-MODA headphones, but I do accept the fact that they're needed to complete any given look - whether it be matte black or B&W.post #4795 of 177348/16/12 at 7:18pmpost #4796 of 177348/16/12 at 7:22pm
Yeah, someone mentioned that Val mentioned that the M100s wouldn't have changeable wing shields.
Its pretty much true since you don't see screws on any of the wing shields from the pre-released M100 pictures.
(miceblue just beat me to the picture while making this post lol)Quote:
Maybe Val can give an entire certain wing assembly color to M100 owners for replacement of the wing shields, he could make an extra box that asks you put in whether you have an LP series headphone or an M100 on the website when ordering regular or custom shields. Just a thought. :Ppost #4797 of 177348/16/12 at 8:09pm
It was announced waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in April, and it's been mentioned here and there, but yes, the wings will not work with the M-100'sQuote:Originally Posted by valkolton
we are working to finalize dates and content now to take preorders, it's getting closer!
M-100 Custom Shield Kits Promo "M-100MANIA"
I created a code "M-100MANIA" as a code for 20% off custom M-100/LP/LP2 shields. The LP/LP2 large shields WILL work on M-100. We'll send the "wings" too, but the M-100 does not use that part anymore. PS the first MASS PRODUCTION M-100's will be nearly an identical color as M-80 Shadow.
Win a M-80 Contest on Engadgetpost #4798 of 177348/16/12 at 8:29pmQuote:
could you give them a message and change the order? without cancelling and re doing? cause i might change my custom plates, don't know if light blue shields is good with matte blackpost #4799 of 177348/16/12 at 8:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Craigster75
I am as sure as I can be that the VTF-100 is the PPU based on the product# and pricing. I ordered white with the extra blue shields, keeping it simple with no design. I did receive an email order confirmation. Regarding the 45-60 days, I am confident these will ship MUCH sooner, like a few weeks or less since the same time estimate was initially given for VAMP orders and they shipped very shortly thereafter.
I did not see any posts from Val announcing the PPU preorder. Who do we have to thank for getting the word out initially about the preorder?
It's funny, I remember seeing the post by the user who let us know above and thinking, yeah, right, I guess it's time for people to start games, like I'm gonna believe a user with a 4 post count. Val's the one who can only let us know, there's no other way, unless he just put up the website and didn't come here. Whatever that can't be true. And then, another user with a 50 something post count, quotes the post above, and "goes with it", <- 'cause I'm still believing it's just a game, to make us flood V-MODA's website and have a laugh. I'm like yeah, ok, now someone else decided to go with, that's just great. And then another post...and sooner....let me just clarify that by the time I found out about the code, I had already visited the page like once or twice.
lol So yeah, thanks hahahah :D
Edited by olpne - 8/16/12 at 8:35pmpost #4800 of 177348/16/12 at 8:33pmQuote:
Only way to check is to ask - the worst they could do is tell you that they cant.
I also agree, blue with matte black wont work - at least I don't think it will.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 5 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › Ranking of 17 DACs and DAC Configurations 6 minutes ago
- › Custom IEM Review: Hidition NT-6 Pro – Clear & Precise Fun 9 minutes ago
- › I tried B&O and it seems like it lacks bass very much 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi