- 312 Posts. Joined 5/2006
- Location: Dallas, Tx
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
https://store.thinksound.com/ I would like to give a hearty thanks to Thinksound's Aaron Fournier for reaching out to me for this review. I was provided with a review sample of the ON2...
This is a review of the Burson Audio Cable+ RCA to RCA active cable. The Burson Audio Cable+ was sent to me by Burson Audio for me as a loaner unit to test it out, thanks to Burson Audio for...
Most people balk at spending more than $20 on a pair of headphones, given the disposable history of a typical portable consumer headphones for the past 35 years. Music lovers who do invest in a...
It’s Black Friday, and what’s more black than to buy a good pair of headphones for your favorite rocker or metalhead. Today the headphone audiophile community is buzzing about what may become a...
The evolution of headphones has been fascinating to watch over the years. Pretty much everyone aged 50 and younger has grown up using headphones, and have owned many, many pairs. Some may remember...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 320post #4786 of 228058/16/12 at 7:00pmWhen are these going to ship? Site shows 45 to 60 days
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4787 of 228058/16/12 at 7:00pmQuote:
I don't know if this is intentional or an oversight. I mean, he does have a smartphone after all. Highly suspicious if you ask me, but we'll see.
Edited by darkfireblade25 - 8/16/12 at 7:01pmpost #4788 of 228058/16/12 at 7:03pmQuote:
That, and the teal Y-bars would be going too far. Either way, having the ocean blue shields on a white M-100 would be Miku-ish enough, I think.post #4789 of 228058/16/12 at 7:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mike96
While the picture of the white LP with black shields, black wing shields and a black headband underneath is an awesome color scheme. You can't change the wing shields on the M100 so in my opinion from how i imagine the M100 without the black wing shields, it messes up the look. The headband on the M100 for White Silver won't be black either so even more so.
Has anyone ever attempted to order replacement parts from V-MODA? It may be possible to order the entire "wing" assembly.
Check the pictures of the PPUs. They follow the M-80 design choice of eliminating the wing plates.
Edited by Curly21029 - 8/16/12 at 7:05pmpost #4790 of 228058/16/12 at 7:04pmQuote:
I think you have to take it to their base at LA for them to make repairs.
BTW. I like how nobody ratted us out on the FB page. Keep it up guys
Edited by darkfireblade25 - 8/16/12 at 7:11pmpost #4791 of 228058/16/12 at 7:10pmQuote:
Ive taken several headphones apart, including my V-80's. Trust me, you dont need to be a scientist to figure out how to swap the "wing" sectionpost #4792 of 228058/16/12 at 7:10pmQuote:
You haven't? Well I have seen that around and I am not even keeping up with this thread XD that is weird because you are more active than I am on this. O.opost #4793 of 228058/16/12 at 7:10pmQuote:
I didn't even think of that. XD
I was thinking ocean blue was similar to sky blue based on the photos I've seen.
As for the white colour scheme, I think grey inner headband + grey earpads looks the most fitting since the parts of the headphone that touch your head are all the same colour.
Back to the wing-plates, I'm not sure if it's removable. It doesn't have front screws like the LP/LP2/M-80, but there are 3 back screws...so LP/LP2 wing-plates won't work:
Edited by miceblue - 8/16/12 at 7:15pmpost #4794 of 228058/16/12 at 7:14pmQuote:
I didn't even know that the M-80's couldn't change wings.
I never really paid attention to the wings on any of the V-MODA headphones, but I do accept the fact that they're needed to complete any given look - whether it be matte black or B&W.post #4795 of 228058/16/12 at 7:18pmpost #4796 of 228058/16/12 at 7:22pm
Yeah, someone mentioned that Val mentioned that the M100s wouldn't have changeable wing shields.
Its pretty much true since you don't see screws on any of the wing shields from the pre-released M100 pictures.
(miceblue just beat me to the picture while making this post lol)Quote:
Maybe Val can give an entire certain wing assembly color to M100 owners for replacement of the wing shields, he could make an extra box that asks you put in whether you have an LP series headphone or an M100 on the website when ordering regular or custom shields. Just a thought. :Ppost #4797 of 228058/16/12 at 8:09pm
It was announced waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in April, and it's been mentioned here and there, but yes, the wings will not work with the M-100'sQuote:Originally Posted by valkolton
we are working to finalize dates and content now to take preorders, it's getting closer!
M-100 Custom Shield Kits Promo "M-100MANIA"
I created a code "M-100MANIA" as a code for 20% off custom M-100/LP/LP2 shields. The LP/LP2 large shields WILL work on M-100. We'll send the "wings" too, but the M-100 does not use that part anymore. PS the first MASS PRODUCTION M-100's will be nearly an identical color as M-80 Shadow.
Win a M-80 Contest on Engadgetpost #4798 of 228058/16/12 at 8:29pmQuote:
could you give them a message and change the order? without cancelling and re doing? cause i might change my custom plates, don't know if light blue shields is good with matte blackpost #4799 of 228058/16/12 at 8:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Craigster75
I am as sure as I can be that the VTF-100 is the PPU based on the product# and pricing. I ordered white with the extra blue shields, keeping it simple with no design. I did receive an email order confirmation. Regarding the 45-60 days, I am confident these will ship MUCH sooner, like a few weeks or less since the same time estimate was initially given for VAMP orders and they shipped very shortly thereafter.
I did not see any posts from Val announcing the PPU preorder. Who do we have to thank for getting the word out initially about the preorder?
It's funny, I remember seeing the post by the user who let us know above and thinking, yeah, right, I guess it's time for people to start games, like I'm gonna believe a user with a 4 post count. Val's the one who can only let us know, there's no other way, unless he just put up the website and didn't come here. Whatever that can't be true. And then, another user with a 50 something post count, quotes the post above, and "goes with it", <- 'cause I'm still believing it's just a game, to make us flood V-MODA's website and have a laugh. I'm like yeah, ok, now someone else decided to go with, that's just great. And then another post...and sooner....let me just clarify that by the time I found out about the code, I had already visited the page like once or twice.
lol So yeah, thanks hahahah :D
Edited by olpne - 8/16/12 at 8:35pmpost #4800 of 228058/16/12 at 8:33pmQuote:
Only way to check is to ask - the worst they could do is tell you that they cant.
I also agree, blue with matte black wont work - at least I don't think it will.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Lets Talk Metal 6 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 ohm for gaming? 3 minutes ago
- › Vali 2 tube rolling 3 minutes ago
- › (UK) Feliks Audio Espressivo 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › Fit Ear High End Hibrid IEM Titan 8 minutes ago
- › Tennmak 10 minutes ago
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Dsnuts
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by peter123
- › BeyerDynamic DT 1990 PRO 250 Ohm Open Studio Headphones (710490) by Fastnbulbous
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by Fastnbulbous
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Fastnbulbous
- › 1MORE MK801 Over-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...