- 312 Posts. Joined 5/2006
- Location: Dallas, Tx
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
There are a few brands that could be considered a powerhouse in the world of audio and headphones and beyerdynamic is without a doubt one of them. beyerdynamic has been family owned since...
REVIEWER INTRODUCTION First of all, I want to introduce my gear while writing this review. I'm using my AKG K612 PRO headphone with my Fiio X3 2nd Gen dedicated DAP. Currently I don't own any...
Preamble Whilst I have been an audio enthusiast for many years now, I must admit I have never really been all that interested in using any kind of esoteric cables with my systems. I have always...
Preamble: It is finally happening – Brainwavz Audio is making in-ears with Balanced Armature drivers again. After they were introduced to the public few months ago, the two single-BA...
The Lyra, released back in 2014-15 was refreshed along with Campfire Audio's dynamic and hybrid lineup as the Lyra II, and is a personal single dynamic driver favourite. We would like to thank...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 320post #4786 of 229318/16/12 at 7:00pmWhen are these going to ship? Site shows 45 to 60 days
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4787 of 229318/16/12 at 7:00pmQuote:
I don't know if this is intentional or an oversight. I mean, he does have a smartphone after all. Highly suspicious if you ask me, but we'll see.
Edited by darkfireblade25 - 8/16/12 at 7:01pmpost #4788 of 229318/16/12 at 7:03pmQuote:
That, and the teal Y-bars would be going too far. Either way, having the ocean blue shields on a white M-100 would be Miku-ish enough, I think.post #4789 of 229318/16/12 at 7:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mike96
While the picture of the white LP with black shields, black wing shields and a black headband underneath is an awesome color scheme. You can't change the wing shields on the M100 so in my opinion from how i imagine the M100 without the black wing shields, it messes up the look. The headband on the M100 for White Silver won't be black either so even more so.
Has anyone ever attempted to order replacement parts from V-MODA? It may be possible to order the entire "wing" assembly.
Check the pictures of the PPUs. They follow the M-80 design choice of eliminating the wing plates.
Edited by Curly21029 - 8/16/12 at 7:05pmpost #4790 of 229318/16/12 at 7:04pmQuote:
I think you have to take it to their base at LA for them to make repairs.
BTW. I like how nobody ratted us out on the FB page. Keep it up guys
Edited by darkfireblade25 - 8/16/12 at 7:11pmpost #4791 of 229318/16/12 at 7:10pmQuote:
Ive taken several headphones apart, including my V-80's. Trust me, you dont need to be a scientist to figure out how to swap the "wing" sectionpost #4792 of 229318/16/12 at 7:10pmQuote:
You haven't? Well I have seen that around and I am not even keeping up with this thread XD that is weird because you are more active than I am on this. O.opost #4793 of 229318/16/12 at 7:10pmQuote:
I didn't even think of that. XD
I was thinking ocean blue was similar to sky blue based on the photos I've seen.
As for the white colour scheme, I think grey inner headband + grey earpads looks the most fitting since the parts of the headphone that touch your head are all the same colour.
Back to the wing-plates, I'm not sure if it's removable. It doesn't have front screws like the LP/LP2/M-80, but there are 3 back screws...so LP/LP2 wing-plates won't work:
Edited by miceblue - 8/16/12 at 7:15pmpost #4794 of 229318/16/12 at 7:14pmQuote:
I didn't even know that the M-80's couldn't change wings.
I never really paid attention to the wings on any of the V-MODA headphones, but I do accept the fact that they're needed to complete any given look - whether it be matte black or B&W.post #4795 of 229318/16/12 at 7:18pmpost #4796 of 229318/16/12 at 7:22pm
Yeah, someone mentioned that Val mentioned that the M100s wouldn't have changeable wing shields.
Its pretty much true since you don't see screws on any of the wing shields from the pre-released M100 pictures.
(miceblue just beat me to the picture while making this post lol)Quote:
Maybe Val can give an entire certain wing assembly color to M100 owners for replacement of the wing shields, he could make an extra box that asks you put in whether you have an LP series headphone or an M100 on the website when ordering regular or custom shields. Just a thought. :Ppost #4797 of 229318/16/12 at 8:09pm
It was announced waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in April, and it's been mentioned here and there, but yes, the wings will not work with the M-100'sQuote:Originally Posted by valkolton
we are working to finalize dates and content now to take preorders, it's getting closer!
M-100 Custom Shield Kits Promo "M-100MANIA"
I created a code "M-100MANIA" as a code for 20% off custom M-100/LP/LP2 shields. The LP/LP2 large shields WILL work on M-100. We'll send the "wings" too, but the M-100 does not use that part anymore. PS the first MASS PRODUCTION M-100's will be nearly an identical color as M-80 Shadow.
Win a M-80 Contest on Engadgetpost #4798 of 229318/16/12 at 8:29pmQuote:
could you give them a message and change the order? without cancelling and re doing? cause i might change my custom plates, don't know if light blue shields is good with matte blackpost #4799 of 229318/16/12 at 8:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Craigster75
I am as sure as I can be that the VTF-100 is the PPU based on the product# and pricing. I ordered white with the extra blue shields, keeping it simple with no design. I did receive an email order confirmation. Regarding the 45-60 days, I am confident these will ship MUCH sooner, like a few weeks or less since the same time estimate was initially given for VAMP orders and they shipped very shortly thereafter.
I did not see any posts from Val announcing the PPU preorder. Who do we have to thank for getting the word out initially about the preorder?
It's funny, I remember seeing the post by the user who let us know above and thinking, yeah, right, I guess it's time for people to start games, like I'm gonna believe a user with a 4 post count. Val's the one who can only let us know, there's no other way, unless he just put up the website and didn't come here. Whatever that can't be true. And then, another user with a 50 something post count, quotes the post above, and "goes with it", <- 'cause I'm still believing it's just a game, to make us flood V-MODA's website and have a laugh. I'm like yeah, ok, now someone else decided to go with, that's just great. And then another post...and sooner....let me just clarify that by the time I found out about the code, I had already visited the page like once or twice.
lol So yeah, thanks hahahah :D
Edited by olpne - 8/16/12 at 8:35pmpost #4800 of 229318/16/12 at 8:33pmQuote:
Only way to check is to ask - the worst they could do is tell you that they cant.
I also agree, blue with matte black wont work - at least I don't think it will.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 51 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 minute ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › STX II op amp and cable 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Traditional Metal Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Using Realiser A8 Mics for binaural recording 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Mustainized
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by Peddler
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by HiFiChris
- › Campfire Audio Lyra II by alffla
- › Kingston Headset KHX-H3CL/WR HyperX Cloud Headset Black Retail by tproc
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by tproc
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5 by NCSUZoSo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by FortisFlyer75
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear