Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 273

post #4081 of 21232
Wait 3 more hours before you sell anything Val! Just woke up for a night snack - I'll be up for real in 3 hours or so!

*crisses fingers harder than ever before* So excited!
post #4082 of 21232

Question to Val,

 

 

My use of the M-100 will definitely be in quiet environments. I will listen at low volumes (lower than most people because of a condition I have.) Now more than ever, since I have been using the faders VIP daily. I used to watch movies on TV at a volume of 20-23, and now that I have the faders VIP, I watch movies on TV at volumes of 10-13 (without wearing the faders VIP!).

 

How is the performance of the M-100 at very low volumes without an amp? Will it suit me?

Does an amp increase volume without a person manually increasing volume on the source? I surely don't need more volume.

 

Thanks.


Edited by olpne - 8/8/12 at 5:00am
post #4083 of 21232

So I have been silently watching this thread for months now and I am getting excited for the release. I am currently deployed to Afghanistan and man I sure hope I am one of the first soldiers to rock the M-100's in the desert. Really hoping I get a chance to get my hands on a set of the PPU's. Can't wait to show off V-Moda to my fellow Brothers in Arms.

post #4084 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

Wait 3 more hours before you sell anything Val! Just woke up for a night snack - I'll be up for real in 3 hours or so!
*crisses fingers harder than ever before* So excited!

 

Thanks!!!  I'm so amped too, I am wearing the first unit right now, the cable is shocking and looks killer. They won't go on sale quite yet until we sort and see what we "yield".

 

In fact, we test the FR curves at 6 points to be lower than <2dB variance.  For the first 100 units, we yielded about 50%, yet the units that didn't pass were SOOOO close you'd almost say "ok you made it" considering that some brands are up to 20dB variances.  But, thats not how we roll and a rule is a rule on our variance tolerances.  

 

In the end, this is very good news on the sound based on my years of experience that the yield will be >90% in both the next PP round/rework and the MP. Have no fear, the rejects aren't trashed with our on/over-ear products, they just go back to school and get new drivers/parts until they pass!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by olpne View Post

Question to Val,

 

 

My use of the M-100 will definitely be in quiet environments. I will listen at low volumes (lower than most people because of a condition I have.) Now more than ever, since I have been using the faders VIP daily. I used to watch movies on TV at a volume of 20-23, and now that I have the faders VIP, I watch movies on TV at volumes of 10-13 (without wearing the faders VIP!).

 

How is the performance of the M-100 at very low volumes without an amp? Will it suit me?

Does an amp increase volume without a person manually increasing volume on the source? I surely don't need more volume.

 

Thanks.

 

Wow, another use for faders.  Tell me more or post review on Amazon about this.  Every day I learn of more uses for Faders VIP that I never originally intended.  It is fascinating to me as I didn't test that "use case" scenerio.

 

Low Volume Listening and Fletcher-Munson Contours

Great question.... If you have time research the Fletcher-Munson and the perception of loudness and sound quality. It is tough because I'd need to see your audiogram to know your hearing loss in the "notch" and high frequencies as well as know the songs/genres you listen to for the optimal answer.  Since your a Faders user and obviously smart as you are here, I will assume that you have pretty good to great hearing.  Therefore, I'd have to say a resounding "YES"!  

 

I don't have time to do a fancy drawing now but I'm working on one. Many "audiophile brand" curves actually are not flat and from low to high the SPL is constantly rising.  OR they artifically spike the highs.  This is terrible...  Ours usually have a bass boost (ranging from medium to "freq'), but we aim to keep the mids and highs flat.  I like to say "don't get too high"  

 

M-100 is going to be the best low-volume listening we've made IMO because the highs have a much further extension than our other models and the overall clarity is amazing.  We do have some bass boost however, so maybe if you listen at 50% volume for older songs we can find an EQ setting that is optimal. Or... another solution is VQ:  

 

VQ on VAMP

The "VQ" setting on VAMP was designed to also enhance low volume listening.  VQ + M-100 is perfect for this use case, I don't know about iPhone's stock EQ settings as I never use them but I do know VAMP + M-100 + VQ is very special.


Edited by valkolton - 8/8/12 at 5:32am
Reply
post #4085 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

Wait 3 more hours before you sell anything Val! Just woke up for a night snack - I'll be up for real in 3 hours or so!
*crisses fingers harder than ever before* So excited!

I'm hoping he waits till the weekend, I won't have the money for them until friday afternoon/evening!

post #4086 of 21232

Can't wait to take these on holiday with me, strut around Barbados! Any word on the Head-fi custom shields? Would they come with the headphones or separately you think?

post #4087 of 21232
Thanks, Val! I'll tell you more in the future. Sorry, I don't mean to take your focus off of your current assignments! :D
post #4088 of 21232

Don't forget to get some sleep Val! I know my ears aren't so discerning when I'm tired.

post #4089 of 21232

I thought we weren't doing matte black? But since you are, wallet is ready.

post #4090 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigaFi View Post

I thought we weren't doing matte black? But since you are, wallet is ready.

 

He changed his mind later on, was first Shadow & White and then later also Matte Black. :)

post #4091 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfireblade25 View Post

Don't forget to get some sleep Val! I know my ears aren't so discerning when I'm tired.

 

True I did in between listens... my golden ear Bill is about to bring over his final analysis models to the room.  I actually am going to study the "WORSE" of the PP as much as the best if not more.  Defense is the best offense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilinator View Post

Can't wait to take these on holiday with me, strut around Barbados! Any word on the Head-fi custom shields? Would they come with the headphones or separately you think?

 

They'll include custom shields of any color and design so get your designs ready!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicCrave93 View Post

I'm hoping he waits till the weekend, I won't have the money for them until friday afternoon/evening!

Yes it'll definitely be after this weekend or around this weekend. We're close...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastPatty View Post

So I have been silently watching this thread for months now and I am getting excited for the release. I am currently deployed to Afghanistan and man I sure hope I am one of the first soldiers to rock the M-100's in the desert. Really hoping I get a chance to get my hands on a set of the PPU's. Can't wait to show off V-Moda to my fellow Brothers in Arms.

 

We truly salute our troops! My brother and co-founder of V-MODA is a pilot in the USAF and deployed in the middle east now as well.  V-MODA's head of sales is a former Air Force sergeant.  This Military Minded mantra helps fuel our quality defensive engineering and dedication to a cause.


Edited by valkolton - 8/8/12 at 7:10am
Reply
post #4092 of 21232
Awesome updates Val, keep up the good work and get some rest when you can! Although I can just imagine your adrenaline is probably pumping with this anticipated M-100 release. I'm definitely amped.
post #4093 of 21232

What software is everyone using to edit/create their shield designs? I'm terrible at design, but would love to add something custom. I'd like to have a design ready before this weekend, thanks for the help!

post #4094 of 21232

 

We truly salute our troops! My brother and co-founder of V-MODA is a pilot in the USAF and deployed in the middle east now as well.  V-MODA's head of sales is a former Air Force sergeant.  This Military Minded mantra helps fuel our quality defensive engineering and dedication to a cause.

 

Thank you Val! It means alot! Will I be able to ship to a APO, AP Address?

post #4095 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by roma101 View Post

Awesome updates Val, keep up the good work and get some rest when you can! Although I can just imagine your adrenaline is probably pumping with this anticipated M-100 release. I'm definitely amped.

 

No caffeine needed, this is pure adrenaline and excitement.  I am, however, aware of the effects of listening while working out or too energetic/tired.  The blood goes to other parts of your body vs your ears and you cannot hear quite as well.

 

Tonight will be a good rest knowing we are close.  We must all rest our ears now after so many hours of listening.

 

PIC OF PACKAGE... it seems so small compared to our others with the new cases.

 

1000

 

 FYI - the hanger will match the product headband inside now


Edited by valkolton - 8/8/12 at 7:32am
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.