Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 265

post #3961 of 20972
Craigster, could you compare the Pro700Mk2s to the Q40s?
post #3962 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

This is pathetic. 

 

I will come back once I see that Val has actually given us valid information and measurements. I'm not going to sit around, waiting for more:

 

  • We MIGHT do this..
  • We're THINKING about doing this...
  • It'll be around [Insert Date Here] or [Insert Date Here]...
  • Keep your eyes posted on [Insert event or site here]...

 

We need actual dates, measurements, pricing, specs, charts, etc etc. Not teasing and possible color options. I don't mean for this to be taken the wrong way, but please Val. If we're that close to release, and they already have the manuals made, can't you tell the world how good these headphones will be, by actually, you know - showing the specifications and such - instead of teasing and making promises?

 

We only have 5 people or so here that have actually tried them, so when do the rest of us get to try out these headphones? You know we're dying to do just that. 


With all due respect young dude these are a set of headphones not your heart medication. If they come out a few weeks later then you expected you're not going to die from the wait. Listen, I know waiting sucks and personally I'm as curious as you to hear the M-100 BUT it's better to wait a little extra time and have a smooth launch then jump the gun and launch the headphones before their time. An example for you, do a search on head-fi involving the HifiMan HE-400. The CEO of HifiMan, Dr Fang, also had a thread much like this one announcing the new HE-400 and everyone was wound up about it. It's a good headphone but Fang launched it before it should have ever seen the light of day. The end result was a mess of people getting headphones with channel mismatch loose screws or dead drivers. The launch was a nightmare for Fang and because of all the bad product that was sent out he lost potential business. He should have waited sat on the news of the HE-400 and been better prepared and made absolutely sure the quality control was there before he made the announcement and started sending out units. Eventually HifiMan got the quality control issues fixed and the HE-400 has garnered a reputation for being a good sounding headphone but the company was still left with a black eye due to the bumpy launch. Heck Digizoid also went through the same problems when they launched their ZO2 amp. All Im saying is it's better to wait and get a headphone that you can plug in and rock out to then to rush things and wind up with defective gear that will only piss people off. Think about it, what would you prefer? A headphone released tomorrow that once it's delivered has a dead driver or channel imbalance forcing you to go through the hassle of shipping them back to get fixed and waiting even longer or a headphone that's released a little late but performs 100% as described. I'm not trying to belittle you with my post I'm just trying to make you see things in a better perspective. It's nice to see that you're enthusiastic about having good sounding gear but come on now chill a little and be patient.

post #3963 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post


With all due respect young dude these are a set of headphones not your heart medication. If they come out a few weeks later then you expected you're not going to die from the wait. Listen, I know waiting sucks and personally I'm as curious as you to hear the M-100 BUT it's better to wait a little extra time and have a smooth launch then jump the gun and launch the headphones before their time. An example for you, do a search on head-fi involving the HifiMan HE-400. The CEO of HifiMan, Dr Fang, also had a thread much like this one announcing the new HE-400 and everyone was wound up about it. It's a good headphone but Fang launched it before it should have ever seen the light of day. The end result was a mess of people getting headphones with channel mismatch loose screws or dead drivers. The launch was a nightmare for Fang and because of all the bad product that was sent out he lost potential business. He should have waited sat on the news of the HE-400 and been better prepared and made absolutely sure the quality control was there before he made the announcement and started sending out units. Eventually HifiMan got the quality control issues fixed and the HE-400 has garnered a reputation for being a good sounding headphone but the company was still left with a black eye due to the bumpy launch. Heck Digizoid also went through the same problems when they launched their ZO2 amp. All Im saying is it's better to wait and get a headphone that you can plug in and rock out to then to rush things and wind up with defective gear that will only piss people off. Think about it, what would you prefer? A headphone released tomorrow that once it's delivered has a dead driver or channel imbalance forcing you to go through the hassle of shipping them back to get fixed and waiting even longer or a headphone that's released a little late but performs 100% as described. I'm not trying to belittle you with my post I'm just trying to make you see things in a better perspective. It's nice to see that you're enthusiastic about having good sounding gear but come on now chill a little and be patient.

I typed what I said with a straight face, and no actual frustration in mind. I myself am fine with waiting for thoroughly detailed impressions on both the Denon's and the V-MODA's - even though that might mean waiting for weeks after their release.

 

I just typed what I thought the general concensus was - considering some of us have been waiting for this for a while, an no big info has been released other than the driver size and the hinge. I know most of us - me included - wouldn't mind waiting another month or so for the headphone to be perfected, but what I was asking for was just some more information on it. That's all.

 

Like I edited my next message to say; I should have just left it at "I'll wait for more info." - I made it sound too dramatic, and that wasn't my intention - I apologize if you took it the wrong way.

post #3964 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

I typed what I said with a straight face, and no actual frustration in mind. I myself am fine with waiting for thoroughly detailed impressions on both the Denon's and the V-MODA's - even though that might mean waiting for weeks after their release.

 

I just typed what I thought the general concensus was - considering some of us have been waiting for this for a while, an no big info has been released other than the driver size and the hinge. I know most of us - me included - wouldn't mind waiting another month or so for the headphone to be perfected, but what I was asking for was just some more information on it. That's all.

 

Like I edited my next message to say; I should have just left it at "I'll wait for more info." - I made it sound too dramatic, and that wasn't my intention - I apologize if you took it the wrong way.


No need to apologize young dude like I said before it's nice to see enthusiasm concerning gear. Hopefully the wait will be worth it.

post #3965 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


Great to hear.  I bought them at Buydig yesterday for $104 so maybe I can save $200 on my next pair of goto cans.

The anniversary edition or the regular one (is there even a difference)? I see the regular one for 109 but the anniversary one is 199.

post #3966 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfireblade25 View Post

The anniversary edition or the regular one (is there even a difference)? I see the regular one for 109 but the anniversary one is 199.


The Anniversary edition has darker, more defined bass, and crisper mids/highs. This comes from my own experience with them. The difference isn't huge, but it is there.

post #3967 of 20972

Was reading a review on Amazon about the Pro700 MKII and saw one of the funniest quotes I've seen to describe bass:  "The bass. Man. Bowel-hitting"

 

That MUST be some really good bass!!

post #3968 of 20972

nvm

post #3969 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakhar View Post

Craigster, could you compare the Pro700Mk2s to the Q40s?


I will be happy to do so as soon as I receive the Pro700Mk2 sometime next week.

post #3970 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Dota View Post


The Anniversary edition has darker, more defined bass, and crisper mids/highs. This comes from my own experience with them. The difference isn't huge, but it is there.


Is it a difference that is worth the additional cost?  I was under the impression the difference was only cosmetic (gold accents and bag, leather cups).

post #3971 of 20972

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonsupremous View Post

Was reading a review on Amazon about the Pro700 MKII and saw one of the funniest quotes I've seen to describe bass:  "The bass. Man. Bowel-hitting"

 

That MUST be some really good bass!!

 

 

That reviewer is spot on. I have a DigiZoid ZO2 amp, and when the two are combined, the bass is literally soul-shaking (without muddying up the mids and highs, impressively).

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


Is it a difference that is worth the additional cost?  I was under the impression the difference was only cosmetic (gold accents and bag, leather cups).

 

I suppose it depends on your personal taste. Personally, I saw the ANV's design and my jaw hit the floor; they are some damn sexy cans. Probably my favorite (aesthetically) that I own. The sounds isn't exactly an $100 improvement, but it is an improvement nonetheless. Also, the fact that somewhere around only 2800 were ever made (and most of those stayed in Japan) made them a hot topic for me. It's your own judgement in the end, but I love my ANV's to death.

post #3972 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


I will be happy to do so as soon as I receive the Pro700Mk2 sometime next week.

Thanks man, I am looking forward to it.
post #3973 of 20972
These cans have a lot of competition, let's hope Val's tweaking and research pay off, or this will be a big disapointment to a lot of people.

At this point, I'm just hoping that the there is a matte black PPU option, and that there's an equal chance for everyone to snag a PPU in the first place. Well, those, and hoping it fits my needs.
post #3974 of 20972
Personally I think we should give Val a break and stop complaining. He's done a lot to reach out to the community and I trust that he'll give info when he can. He also said that he was gonna be very busy during this time since he's working on the release. How about we just practice a little more patience and wait until the headphones are on our noggins? And I agree with DF, they're headphones not heart meds. smily_headphones1.gif
post #3975 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakhar View Post

Craigster, could you compare the Pro700Mk2s to the Q40s?


Just posted a review including a few comments comparing to the Q40.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.