Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 259

post #3871 of 20874

I am so excited for these!!!! :D

post #3872 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post

Agreed, we can't use V all the time or it'll get way too old.  Not going to drive down that "i way". 

 

Remix, Faders, M-100, Crossfade, etc is a perfect example of our awareness.

 

Rocky Mountain Audio Festival Denver, we'll have M-100s!

We'll have M-100s at RMAF, so make your arrangements now if you can.  I can't wait, last year was a blast.


The RMAF is October 12th.  I hope I have them on my ears before then!

 

Also, in one of the pictures you posted last week of the shelves of M-100 boxes, there were some blue shields that looked to be an amazing new shade.  Is this a new color for the M-100 launch?


Edited by Craigster75 - 7/29/12 at 4:33pm
post #3873 of 20874

Can the design on the custom shields be in color (multiple, preferably)?  Or is the laser-etched designed a darker shade than the shield?

post #3874 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiidity View Post

Can the design on the custom shields be in color (multiple, preferably)?  Or is the laser-etched designed a darker shade than the shield?

black and white only

post #3875 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLA 15 View Post

Primus Inter Pares ("first among equals", phrase used to indicate something that is formally equal to its peers but looked upon as having special importance-obviously fitting considering the M-100 PPU are technically equal to the production models but have special importance since they are first and limited)

 

 

+ 1

 

I liked all your suggestions, but this one the most and the most out of all so far.  ("Primus" for short).

post #3876 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeEmm View Post

 

+ 1

 

I liked all your suggestions, but this one the most and the most out of all so far.  ("Primus" for short).

I like Primus, or even just Prime.  M-100 Primus / M-100 Prime

post #3877 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentsin View Post

I like Primus, or even just Prime.  M-100 Primus / M-100 Prime

m100 Pryme

post #3878 of 20874

Hey guys, Val just posted this on his Twitter feed:

 

 

Quote:

on my way to Macworld China, Hong Kong and hopefully Tokyo for shows and to launch M-100!

 

 

GET EXCITED

post #3879 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Dota View Post

Hey guys, Val just posted this on his Twitter feed:

 

 

 

GET EXCITED


Hey when is the show for Hong Kong? I'm going there for vacation and wondering when the show is!

post #3880 of 20874

Originally Posted by valkolton View Post
 

 

It's funny you mention this, I was thinking the same thing today.  The prices of M-100 is due to the new driver that has more tech than M-80s, and more features.  

 

The only problem now is that the bigger driver requires an amp to surpass M-80, unamped it's SQ is < M-80.  What to do?!  Lock or try again w a new driver that can beat M-80 with an iPhone 4S?  Or go for diff sound signature.  I'm stuck in my head analyzing what will make the greater sound for the greatest amount of people, it depends who is buying it!

 

If anybody wants to test I can organize something soon in LA to get feedback and then I can lock.

-v

 

 

Is this statement still valid? Im only using a Fiio e11 right now, planning to buy the E17. Would they do?

post #3881 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohannLiebert View Post

Originally Posted by valkolton View Post
 

 

It's funny you mention this, I was thinking the same thing today.  The prices of M-100 is due to the new driver that has more tech than M-80s, and more features.  

 

The only problem now is that the bigger driver requires an amp to surpass M-80, unamped it's SQ is < M-80.  What to do?!  Lock or try again w a new driver that can beat M-80 with an iPhone 4S?  Or go for diff sound signature.  I'm stuck in my head analyzing what will make the greater sound for the greatest amount of people, it depends who is buying it!

 

If anybody wants to test I can organize something soon in LA to get feedback and then I can lock.

-v

 

 

Is this statement still valid? Im only using a Fiio e11 right now, planning to buy the E17. Would they do?

no M100 >= M80 unamped, but M100 > M80 amped.

post #3882 of 20874

That statement was made in January, just saying, it's been significantly improved since. If my memory serves me right it wasn't until like aprox a month ago the "final" sound characteristics were locked down or so and Val himself and AnakChan seemed quite pleased with that latest version. :)


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 7/31/12 at 5:48am
post #3883 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohannLiebert View Post

Originally Posted by valkolton View Post
 

 

It's funny you mention this, I was thinking the same thing today.  The prices of M-100 is due to the new driver that has more tech than M-80s, and more features.  

 

The only problem now is that the bigger driver requires an amp to surpass M-80, unamped it's SQ is < M-80.  What to do?!  Lock or try again w a new driver that can beat M-80 with an iPhone 4S?  Or go for diff sound signature.  I'm stuck in my head analyzing what will make the greater sound for the greatest amount of people, it depends who is buying it!

 

If anybody wants to test I can organize something soon in LA to get feedback and then I can lock.

-v

 

 

Is this statement still valid? Im only using a Fiio e11 right now, planning to buy the E17. Would they do?

At the moment this all seems a bit presumptious, as the only one who's had any impressions is Anakchan, and I don't think he's specified how he was listening to his music. All we know is, from that experience, it's "Dynamite"

post #3884 of 20874

If these are a step down from the M-80's unamped, I don't want them. If they need me to haul around an amp just to be as good sounding as a more portable set of cans, something's wrong; they're not considered "portable headphones" at that point, IMO.

post #3885 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

If these are a step down from the M-80's unamped, I don't want them. If they need me to haul around an amp just to be as good sounding as a more portable set of cans, something's wrong; they're not considered "portable headphones" at that point, IMO.

Yeah. But the big thing is that I'm not sure that a larger driver necessitates an amp. They should sound fine without an amp, especially when fullsize cans such as the M50's and, well, the LP's pull it off.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.