How long will the pre-production units be available for purchase? Are they on sale throughout August or to September?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
iBasso IT03 [1xDD 2xBA] Introduction: the mission statement of the company iBasso is “To capture the essence of music for all to enjoy” On their Facebook banner it also reads “We...
In 1976 two engineering students at Cambridge University with a passion for electronics and music founded Amplification and Recording Cambridge (Arcam). In 1988 they produced the first...
Very detailed quality sound . I am able to find details which missed before. Details with layer and staging. Staging and positioning isn't huge or odd. But I can feel it in my head when listening...
Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank the 1More team for giving these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from as much as an objective standpoint as possible....
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 243
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3632 of 227987/25/12 at 12:02pmQuote:
I believe they will be first come, first served and I would expect they will be gone in a matter of days if not hours.
Edited by Craigster75 - 7/25/12 at 12:12pmpost #3633 of 227987/25/12 at 12:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by OK-Guy
[Image] (Click to show)
not wanting to put a damper on things but that photo is remarkably like the old Memorex advert... 'is it live or is it Memorex' campaign, you could have a problem.
Er, I'm positive the association is both intentional and meant to be obvious. I believe one would call it an "homage."post #3634 of 227987/25/12 at 12:15pm
Sweet-if the PPUs are available starting August 8, hopefully the production units will be available by the end of the month/first week of September. I'll be in summer school through first week of September, and then I have 2 weeks of summer left before regular school starts. It would be sweet if I could get the M-100s in that 2 week window.post #3635 of 227987/25/12 at 12:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by UCLA 15
Sweet-if the PPUs are available starting August 8, hopefully the production units will be available by the end of the month/first week of September. I'll be in summer school through first week of September, and then I have 2 weeks of summer left before regular school starts. It would be sweet if I could get the M-100s in that 2 week window.
I'm kind of confused as to which one he meant by August 8th. Because in a later post, he says he's working out the dates for PPU sales.post #3636 of 227987/25/12 at 12:48pmQuote:
Agreed that the post was vague, but, based on where we are in July and the fact that printed materials are still being finalized, I'm thinking Val means PPU sales will start August 8th.post #3637 of 227987/25/12 at 2:05pm
Apart from all of the questions regarding what comes with the M-100's, PPU or final, my questions would be:
1. What is your [Val's] motive/inspiration for making the M-series of headphones? I think this may have been mentioned before when the M-80's were released, but V-MODA hasn't exactly been known for producing high-fidelity audio gear prior to the M-series.
2. Relating to question 1, how did you you hear about Head-Fi and what made you decide to get directly involved with the community here? It is not very common to have the CEO of a company actively participate in these forums.
3. What made you decide to make the M-100's foldable (making the M-100 the first foldable headphone offered by V-MODA)?
4. Creating customized headphones for the user's liking seems to be a big part of V-MODA recently, what influenced your decision to start this? To my knowledge, no other headphone company offers this kind of product personalization.post #3638 of 227987/25/12 at 3:49pmpost #3639 of 227987/25/12 at 3:56pmpost #3640 of 227987/25/12 at 4:33pmQuote:
You have to remember PPUs are normally for press... Press like to take pictures... Pictures should represent the final product that they are talking about... Numbers won't be part of the final product...post #3641 of 227987/25/12 at 4:47pmQuote:
I'm thinking that the signature could include the numberpost #3642 of 227987/25/12 at 4:57pmpost #3643 of 227987/25/12 at 5:03pm
Yes, but then we wouldn't take out of the box to keep them mint......or purchase two- one for wearing and one to keep in a hermetically sealed vault.post #3644 of 227987/25/12 at 5:36pmQuote:
False, try again. PPU is exactly what it says it is...pre-production. There may be a disclaimer that 'actual image may vary from final product' but a miniscule number inside the headband is not going to misrepresent or have any effect on press pictures.post #3645 of 227987/25/12 at 5:40pmQuote:
I remember Val saying something along the lines of...
- We have many preproduction units. Half are used for testing. Some go to the press and media. I don't know what happens to the rest...
He said this a while back. Since he didn't know what happened to the rest, he wanted to sell them. And everyone here thought it'd be a good idea. That said, a signature and number on the unit can effect and misrepresent the product as that won't show up if someone who reads the post/article buys the product.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Liquid Gold - 2014 19 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › Something new from Earsonics is comming....september 27th... 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...