How long will the pre-production units be available for purchase? Are they on sale throughout August or to September?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
Build/Accessories: The Earsonics SM3 is a triple balanced armature IEM, with one driver for the lows, one for the mids, and one for the treble region. the shell is clear acryllic on the...
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 243
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3632 of 230017/25/12 at 12:02pmQuote:
I believe they will be first come, first served and I would expect they will be gone in a matter of days if not hours.
Edited by Craigster75 - 7/25/12 at 12:12pmpost #3633 of 230017/25/12 at 12:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by OK-Guy
[Image] (Click to show)
not wanting to put a damper on things but that photo is remarkably like the old Memorex advert... 'is it live or is it Memorex' campaign, you could have a problem.
Er, I'm positive the association is both intentional and meant to be obvious. I believe one would call it an "homage."post #3634 of 230017/25/12 at 12:15pm
Sweet-if the PPUs are available starting August 8, hopefully the production units will be available by the end of the month/first week of September. I'll be in summer school through first week of September, and then I have 2 weeks of summer left before regular school starts. It would be sweet if I could get the M-100s in that 2 week window.post #3635 of 230017/25/12 at 12:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by UCLA 15
Sweet-if the PPUs are available starting August 8, hopefully the production units will be available by the end of the month/first week of September. I'll be in summer school through first week of September, and then I have 2 weeks of summer left before regular school starts. It would be sweet if I could get the M-100s in that 2 week window.
I'm kind of confused as to which one he meant by August 8th. Because in a later post, he says he's working out the dates for PPU sales.post #3636 of 230017/25/12 at 12:48pmQuote:
Agreed that the post was vague, but, based on where we are in July and the fact that printed materials are still being finalized, I'm thinking Val means PPU sales will start August 8th.post #3637 of 230017/25/12 at 2:05pm
Apart from all of the questions regarding what comes with the M-100's, PPU or final, my questions would be:
1. What is your [Val's] motive/inspiration for making the M-series of headphones? I think this may have been mentioned before when the M-80's were released, but V-MODA hasn't exactly been known for producing high-fidelity audio gear prior to the M-series.
2. Relating to question 1, how did you you hear about Head-Fi and what made you decide to get directly involved with the community here? It is not very common to have the CEO of a company actively participate in these forums.
3. What made you decide to make the M-100's foldable (making the M-100 the first foldable headphone offered by V-MODA)?
4. Creating customized headphones for the user's liking seems to be a big part of V-MODA recently, what influenced your decision to start this? To my knowledge, no other headphone company offers this kind of product personalization.post #3638 of 230017/25/12 at 3:49pmpost #3639 of 230017/25/12 at 3:56pmpost #3640 of 230017/25/12 at 4:33pmQuote:
You have to remember PPUs are normally for press... Press like to take pictures... Pictures should represent the final product that they are talking about... Numbers won't be part of the final product...post #3641 of 230017/25/12 at 4:47pmQuote:
I'm thinking that the signature could include the numberpost #3642 of 230017/25/12 at 4:57pmpost #3643 of 230017/25/12 at 5:03pm
Yes, but then we wouldn't take out of the box to keep them mint......or purchase two- one for wearing and one to keep in a hermetically sealed vault.post #3644 of 230017/25/12 at 5:36pmQuote:
False, try again. PPU is exactly what it says it is...pre-production. There may be a disclaimer that 'actual image may vary from final product' but a miniscule number inside the headband is not going to misrepresent or have any effect on press pictures.post #3645 of 230017/25/12 at 5:40pmQuote:
I remember Val saying something along the lines of...
- We have many preproduction units. Half are used for testing. Some go to the press and media. I don't know what happens to the rest...
He said this a while back. Since he didn't know what happened to the rest, he wanted to sell them. And everyone here thought it'd be a good idea. That said, a signature and number on the unit can effect and misrepresent the product as that won't show up if someone who reads the post/article buys the product.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › Gustard X20pro DAC (ES9028Pro) 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 5 minutes ago
- › Beyer DT990 Pro 250 ohm vs Philips Fidelio X2 for gaming 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 5 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear