How long will the pre-production units be available for purchase? Are they on sale throughout August or to September?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 243
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3632 of 227427/25/12 at 12:02pmQuote:
I believe they will be first come, first served and I would expect they will be gone in a matter of days if not hours.
Edited by Craigster75 - 7/25/12 at 12:12pmpost #3633 of 227427/25/12 at 12:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by OK-Guy
[Image] (Click to show)
not wanting to put a damper on things but that photo is remarkably like the old Memorex advert... 'is it live or is it Memorex' campaign, you could have a problem.
Er, I'm positive the association is both intentional and meant to be obvious. I believe one would call it an "homage."post #3634 of 227427/25/12 at 12:15pm
Sweet-if the PPUs are available starting August 8, hopefully the production units will be available by the end of the month/first week of September. I'll be in summer school through first week of September, and then I have 2 weeks of summer left before regular school starts. It would be sweet if I could get the M-100s in that 2 week window.post #3635 of 227427/25/12 at 12:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by UCLA 15
Sweet-if the PPUs are available starting August 8, hopefully the production units will be available by the end of the month/first week of September. I'll be in summer school through first week of September, and then I have 2 weeks of summer left before regular school starts. It would be sweet if I could get the M-100s in that 2 week window.
I'm kind of confused as to which one he meant by August 8th. Because in a later post, he says he's working out the dates for PPU sales.post #3636 of 227427/25/12 at 12:48pmQuote:
Agreed that the post was vague, but, based on where we are in July and the fact that printed materials are still being finalized, I'm thinking Val means PPU sales will start August 8th.post #3637 of 227427/25/12 at 2:05pm
Apart from all of the questions regarding what comes with the M-100's, PPU or final, my questions would be:
1. What is your [Val's] motive/inspiration for making the M-series of headphones? I think this may have been mentioned before when the M-80's were released, but V-MODA hasn't exactly been known for producing high-fidelity audio gear prior to the M-series.
2. Relating to question 1, how did you you hear about Head-Fi and what made you decide to get directly involved with the community here? It is not very common to have the CEO of a company actively participate in these forums.
3. What made you decide to make the M-100's foldable (making the M-100 the first foldable headphone offered by V-MODA)?
4. Creating customized headphones for the user's liking seems to be a big part of V-MODA recently, what influenced your decision to start this? To my knowledge, no other headphone company offers this kind of product personalization.post #3638 of 227427/25/12 at 3:49pmpost #3639 of 227427/25/12 at 3:56pmpost #3640 of 227427/25/12 at 4:33pmQuote:
You have to remember PPUs are normally for press... Press like to take pictures... Pictures should represent the final product that they are talking about... Numbers won't be part of the final product...post #3641 of 227427/25/12 at 4:47pmQuote:
I'm thinking that the signature could include the numberpost #3642 of 227427/25/12 at 4:57pmpost #3643 of 227427/25/12 at 5:03pm
Yes, but then we wouldn't take out of the box to keep them mint......or purchase two- one for wearing and one to keep in a hermetically sealed vault.post #3644 of 227427/25/12 at 5:36pmQuote:
False, try again. PPU is exactly what it says it is...pre-production. There may be a disclaimer that 'actual image may vary from final product' but a miniscule number inside the headband is not going to misrepresent or have any effect on press pictures.post #3645 of 227427/25/12 at 5:40pmQuote:
I remember Val saying something along the lines of...
- We have many preproduction units. Half are used for testing. Some go to the press and media. I don't know what happens to the rest...
He said this a while back. Since he didn't know what happened to the rest, he wanted to sell them. And everyone here thought it'd be a good idea. That said, a signature and number on the unit can effect and misrepresent the product as that won't show up if someone who reads the post/article buys the product.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica AT-HA22TUBE In-Depth Review 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › What's the best amp for HD800 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › VE RUNABOUT Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 7 minutes ago
- › Article: "Why USB Cables Can Make a Difference" 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 11 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...