How long will the pre-production units be available for purchase? Are they on sale throughout August or to September?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 11/7/13 at 3:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 9/6/13 at 5:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 243
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3632 of 177917/25/12 at 12:02pmQuote:
I believe they will be first come, first served and I would expect they will be gone in a matter of days if not hours.
Edited by Craigster75 - 7/25/12 at 12:12pmpost #3633 of 177917/25/12 at 12:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by OK-Guy
[Image] (Click to show)
not wanting to put a damper on things but that photo is remarkably like the old Memorex advert... 'is it live or is it Memorex' campaign, you could have a problem.
Er, I'm positive the association is both intentional and meant to be obvious. I believe one would call it an "homage."post #3634 of 177917/25/12 at 12:15pm
Sweet-if the PPUs are available starting August 8, hopefully the production units will be available by the end of the month/first week of September. I'll be in summer school through first week of September, and then I have 2 weeks of summer left before regular school starts. It would be sweet if I could get the M-100s in that 2 week window.post #3635 of 177917/25/12 at 12:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by UCLA 15
Sweet-if the PPUs are available starting August 8, hopefully the production units will be available by the end of the month/first week of September. I'll be in summer school through first week of September, and then I have 2 weeks of summer left before regular school starts. It would be sweet if I could get the M-100s in that 2 week window.
I'm kind of confused as to which one he meant by August 8th. Because in a later post, he says he's working out the dates for PPU sales.post #3636 of 177917/25/12 at 12:48pmQuote:
Agreed that the post was vague, but, based on where we are in July and the fact that printed materials are still being finalized, I'm thinking Val means PPU sales will start August 8th.post #3637 of 177917/25/12 at 2:05pm
Apart from all of the questions regarding what comes with the M-100's, PPU or final, my questions would be:
1. What is your [Val's] motive/inspiration for making the M-series of headphones? I think this may have been mentioned before when the M-80's were released, but V-MODA hasn't exactly been known for producing high-fidelity audio gear prior to the M-series.
2. Relating to question 1, how did you you hear about Head-Fi and what made you decide to get directly involved with the community here? It is not very common to have the CEO of a company actively participate in these forums.
3. What made you decide to make the M-100's foldable (making the M-100 the first foldable headphone offered by V-MODA)?
4. Creating customized headphones for the user's liking seems to be a big part of V-MODA recently, what influenced your decision to start this? To my knowledge, no other headphone company offers this kind of product personalization.post #3638 of 177917/25/12 at 3:49pmpost #3639 of 177917/25/12 at 3:56pmpost #3640 of 177917/25/12 at 4:33pmQuote:
You have to remember PPUs are normally for press... Press like to take pictures... Pictures should represent the final product that they are talking about... Numbers won't be part of the final product...post #3641 of 177917/25/12 at 4:47pmQuote:
I'm thinking that the signature could include the numberpost #3642 of 177917/25/12 at 4:57pmpost #3643 of 177917/25/12 at 5:03pm
Yes, but then we wouldn't take out of the box to keep them mint......or purchase two- one for wearing and one to keep in a hermetically sealed vault.post #3644 of 177917/25/12 at 5:36pmQuote:
False, try again. PPU is exactly what it says it is...pre-production. There may be a disclaimer that 'actual image may vary from final product' but a miniscule number inside the headband is not going to misrepresent or have any effect on press pictures.post #3645 of 177917/25/12 at 5:40pmQuote:
I remember Val saying something along the lines of...
- We have many preproduction units. Half are used for testing. Some go to the press and media. I don't know what happens to the rest...
He said this a while back. Since he didn't know what happened to the rest, he wanted to sell them. And everyone here thought it'd be a good idea. That said, a signature and number on the unit can effect and misrepresent the product as that won't show up if someone who reads the post/article buys the product.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 2 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 10 seconds ago
- › Best music while stoned? 25 seconds ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread. 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Living Stereo 60-CD box set (classical) 3 minutes ago
- › sharing worst experience in audio-gd! Be careful everyone.. 3 minutes ago
- › OCCUPY HI-FI - about Head-Fi (in relation to High End Audio) -... 4 minutes ago
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe