How long will the pre-production units be available for purchase? Are they on sale throughout August or to September?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 7/3/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 243
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3632 of 209727/25/12 at 12:02pmQuote:
I believe they will be first come, first served and I would expect they will be gone in a matter of days if not hours.
Edited by Craigster75 - 7/25/12 at 12:12pmpost #3633 of 209727/25/12 at 12:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by OK-Guy
[Image] (Click to show)
not wanting to put a damper on things but that photo is remarkably like the old Memorex advert... 'is it live or is it Memorex' campaign, you could have a problem.
Er, I'm positive the association is both intentional and meant to be obvious. I believe one would call it an "homage."post #3634 of 209727/25/12 at 12:15pm
Sweet-if the PPUs are available starting August 8, hopefully the production units will be available by the end of the month/first week of September. I'll be in summer school through first week of September, and then I have 2 weeks of summer left before regular school starts. It would be sweet if I could get the M-100s in that 2 week window.post #3635 of 209727/25/12 at 12:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by UCLA 15
Sweet-if the PPUs are available starting August 8, hopefully the production units will be available by the end of the month/first week of September. I'll be in summer school through first week of September, and then I have 2 weeks of summer left before regular school starts. It would be sweet if I could get the M-100s in that 2 week window.
I'm kind of confused as to which one he meant by August 8th. Because in a later post, he says he's working out the dates for PPU sales.post #3636 of 209727/25/12 at 12:48pmQuote:
Agreed that the post was vague, but, based on where we are in July and the fact that printed materials are still being finalized, I'm thinking Val means PPU sales will start August 8th.post #3637 of 209727/25/12 at 2:05pm
Apart from all of the questions regarding what comes with the M-100's, PPU or final, my questions would be:
1. What is your [Val's] motive/inspiration for making the M-series of headphones? I think this may have been mentioned before when the M-80's were released, but V-MODA hasn't exactly been known for producing high-fidelity audio gear prior to the M-series.
2. Relating to question 1, how did you you hear about Head-Fi and what made you decide to get directly involved with the community here? It is not very common to have the CEO of a company actively participate in these forums.
3. What made you decide to make the M-100's foldable (making the M-100 the first foldable headphone offered by V-MODA)?
4. Creating customized headphones for the user's liking seems to be a big part of V-MODA recently, what influenced your decision to start this? To my knowledge, no other headphone company offers this kind of product personalization.post #3638 of 209727/25/12 at 3:49pmpost #3639 of 209727/25/12 at 3:56pmpost #3640 of 209727/25/12 at 4:33pmQuote:
You have to remember PPUs are normally for press... Press like to take pictures... Pictures should represent the final product that they are talking about... Numbers won't be part of the final product...post #3641 of 209727/25/12 at 4:47pmQuote:
I'm thinking that the signature could include the numberpost #3642 of 209727/25/12 at 4:57pmpost #3643 of 209727/25/12 at 5:03pm
Yes, but then we wouldn't take out of the box to keep them mint......or purchase two- one for wearing and one to keep in a hermetically sealed vault.post #3644 of 209727/25/12 at 5:36pmQuote:
False, try again. PPU is exactly what it says it is...pre-production. There may be a disclaimer that 'actual image may vary from final product' but a miniscule number inside the headband is not going to misrepresent or have any effect on press pictures.post #3645 of 209727/25/12 at 5:40pmQuote:
I remember Val saying something along the lines of...
- We have many preproduction units. Half are used for testing. Some go to the press and media. I don't know what happens to the rest...
He said this a while back. Since he didn't know what happened to the rest, he wanted to sell them. And everyone here thought it'd be a good idea. That said, a signature and number on the unit can effect and misrepresent the product as that won't show up if someone who reads the post/article buys the product.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Best IEM for Trance -2014 edition -Now keeping track in the OP! 37 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Best headphones for laying in bed? 2 minutes ago
- › Can I use an aftermarket cable with the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro? 2 minutes ago
- › Nooby here needing help. ATH M50's, DAC and Mixer questions.. 2 minutes ago
- › What's the closest thing to a pair of MDR-CD1700's in today's market? 5 minutes ago
- › Yulong A28 5 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)