Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 235

post #3511 of 21067
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBomb77766 View Post

Yup, he says it's for DJs mostly.  I don't think it will come with the production model though?  Most people probably won't have a use for it though.  Coiled cables are damn annoying for portable use. :P

 

I actually like the versatility of a coiled cable for portable use. XD

post #3512 of 21067
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

I actually like the versatility of a coiled cable for portable use. XD

I think he's referring to the way it can add unnecessary weight to one side of the headphones, as well as bulk in general. 

post #3513 of 21067

V-Moda definitely needs to make separate earpads for people with larger ears available. Either the smaller innercircumference or cut aways at the sides should work, but I'm not sure what would be better/easier for V-Moda to do (I'd imagine the innercircumference route would be easier to produce, but I'm not sure if that would affect isolation/leakage). What is certain is that V-Moda needs to make this happen one way or another. I've read way too much about the LPs being supra-aural for people to not remedy this issue. I'm also surprised people keep them after this; if I bought a circumaural headphone that fit on top of my ears, I would send them back immediately.

 

I shouldn't have the problem, as I have a small head with small ears (unlike most people, headphones tend to clamp too lightly for me), but for the sake of my larger brethren I think this issue needs to be #1 in terms of accessories, before any cable shenanigans or additional shield colors.

post #3514 of 21067
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

I think he's referring to the way it can add unnecessary weight to one side of the headphones, as well as bulk in general. 

Well not just that, I also find that coiled cables tend to tangle really easily and sometimes it's nearly impossible to get them back to normal!  Especially if there's even just one other cable nearby.

post #3515 of 21067
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

I think he's referring to the way it can add unnecessary weight to one side of the headphones, as well as bulk in general. 

Yeah I can see why people don't like to carry the extra bulk.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBomb77766 View Post

Well not just that, I also find that coiled cables tend to tangle really easily and sometimes it's nearly impossible to get them back to normal!  Especially if there's even just one other cable nearby.

Really? My coiled cable rarely gets tangled compared to when I have straight cables. :/

post #3516 of 21067
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Really? My coiled cable rarely gets tangled compared to when I have straight cables. :/

Maybe I've only used crappy coiled cables then or something!  Not all cables are created equal.

post #3517 of 21067

I hope there would be a 10 foot cable, aftermarket or not, because I really like that about other headphones and it would be very convenient around the house.

post #3518 of 21067
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfireblade25 View Post

I hope there would be a 10 foot cable, aftermarket or not, because I really like that about other headphones and it would be very convenient around the house.

just buy an extension. I see no reason for them to add one in.

post #3519 of 21067
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLA 15 View Post

V-Moda definitely needs to make separate earpads for people with larger ears available. Either the smaller innercircumference or cut aways at the sides should work, but I'm not sure what would be better/easier for V-Moda to do (I'd imagine the innercircumference route would be easier to produce, but I'm not sure if that would affect isolation/leakage). What is certain is that V-Moda needs to make this happen one way or another. I've read way too much about the LPs being supra-aural for people to not remedy this issue. I'm also surprised people keep them after this; if I bought a circumaural headphone that fit on top of my ears, I would send them back immediately.

 

I shouldn't have the problem, as I have a small head with small ears (unlike most people, headphones tend to clamp too lightly for me), but for the sake of my larger brethren I think this issue needs to be #1 in terms of accessories, before any cable shenanigans or additional shield colors.


I have very large ears (remember that cartoon dumbo?  I got that sometimes as a kid).  While I would love to see separate earpads for people with larger ears, I just don't see it happening.  I'm not sure its profitable because of the lack of a consumer base (come on now, out of 100 people, who would need larger earpads?)

post #3520 of 21067
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtasi View Post


I have very large ears (remember that cartoon dumbo?  I got that sometimes as a kid).  While I would love to see separate earpads for people with larger ears, I just don't see it happening.  I'm not sure its profitable because of the lack of a consumer base (come on now, out of 100 people, who would need larger earpads?)

They are actually making them though, even if they won't come stock with the headphones.

post #3521 of 21067
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtasi View Post


I have very large ears (remember that cartoon dumbo?  I got that sometimes as a kid).  While I would love to see separate earpads for people with larger ears, I just don't see it happening.  I'm not sure its profitable because of the lack of a consumer base (come on now, out of 100 people, who would need larger earpads?)

Based on the amount of people who say (from various places; Amazon reviews, tech site reviews, reviews on here) that the LPs are supra-aural for them, I would say that there is indeed a base for making separate earpads, and that's corroborated by the fact that I'm pretty sure Val has mentioned separate earpads before. Now I'm not sure if he's mentioned smaller earpads specifically, because from what I remember he only mentioned offering a more comfortable earpad (which may just mean a more comfortable material, not necessarily  a different size to be more comfortable for people with larger ears). Either way, if Val has indicated that separate earpads may be an accessory, smaller innercircumference ones make the most sense. Again, I'm not saying that just because it's something I personally want (I have small ears and no need for different earpads), I'm saying that because it seems to be the most common complaint about the earpads.

 

Plus, I'm pretty sure Val has said that he wants to develop V-Moda's aim of making you the focus of your headphones by offering more accessories down the line. Right now when I think of V-Moda customization I really only think about the shields. If we had customized shields, various earpads to pick from, multiple cable accessories, amps made specifically for the headphones, and other similar customization opportunities, the headphones would be approaching a type of modularity that I think is the way to go for allowing the customer to craft their own headphones. Sometimes you make decisions that aren't entirely directly profitable because they enhance brand image and quality. 

 

Edit: to answer your question, I don't know, maybe 10-15? Before you comment on how low that is, how many people out of every 100 LP/LP2/M-80 buyers do you think buy shield kits? Forums are unrepresentative samples for statistical questions, so throwing out the unusually high percentage of V-Moda owners on here who buy shield kits, and considering that the LP/LP2/M-80s are some of the most popular headphones on Amazon, I wouldn't be surprised if only around 10-15 out of every 100 buyers of those headphones get shield kits. If V-Moda makes an accessory for only a small segment of the purchasing population (and an accessory that does not in a direct way improve the experience of the product), why wouldn't they make another accessory for another small segment of the population that will actually directly improve a tangible part of the experience (the comfort) of the product?


Edited by UCLA 15 - 7/19/12 at 1:13pm
post #3522 of 21067

What audiophile doesn't have a 1/8 extension laying around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiR3D View Post

just buy an extension. I see no reason for them to add one in.

post #3523 of 21067
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBomb77766 View Post

They are actually making them though, even if they won't come stock with the headphones.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLA 15 View Post

Based on the amount of people who say (from various places; Amazon reviews, tech site reviews, reviews on here) that the LPs are supra-aural for them, I would say that there is indeed a base for making separate earpads, and that's corroborated by the fact that I'm pretty sure Val has mentioned separate earpads before. Now I'm not sure if he's mentioned smaller earpads specifically, because from what I remember he only mentioned offering a more comfortable earpad (which may just mean a more comfortable material, not necessarily  a different size to be more comfortable for people with larger ears). Either way, if Val has indicated that separate earpads may be an accessory, smaller innercircumference ones make the most sense. Again, I'm not saying that just because it's something I personally want (I have small ears and no need for different earpads), I'm saying that because it seems to be the most common complaint about the earpads.

 

Plus, I'm pretty sure Val has said that he wants to develop V-Moda's aim of making you the focus of your headphones by offering more accessories down the line. Right now when I think of V-Moda customization I really only think about the shields. If we had customized shields, various earpads to pick from, multiple cable accessories, amps made specifically for the headphones, and other similar customization opportunities, the headphones would be approaching a type of modularity that I think is the way to go for allowing the customer to craft their own headphones. Sometimes you make decisions that aren't entirely directly profitable because they enhance brand image and quality. 

 

Edit: to answer your question, I don't know, maybe 10-15? Before you comment on how low that is, how many people out of every 100 LP/LP2/M-80 buyers do you think buy shield kits? Forums are unrepresentative samples for statistical questions, so throwing out the unusually high percentage of V-Moda owners on here who buy shield kits, and considering that the LP/LP2/M-80s are some of the most popular headphones on Amazon, I wouldn't be surprised if only around 10-15 out of every 100 buyers of those headphones get shield kits. If V-Moda makes an accessory for only a small segment of the purchasing population (and an accessory that does not in a direct way improve the experience of the product), why wouldn't they make another accessory for another small segment of the population that will actually directly improve a tangible part of the experience (the comfort) of the product?

 

Thanks for the info.  I didn't know what Val has posted given the rate that this thread grows (mostly useless stuff to be honest).

post #3524 of 21067
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtasi View Post

 

 

Thanks for the info.  I didn't know what Val has posted given the rate that this thread grows (mostly useless stuff to be honest).

Well at least now the thread posting rate has declined, Im used to seeing like 30 new overnight here but now its barely scratching 10

post #3525 of 21067
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHouse View Post

Well at least now the thread posting rate has declined, Im used to seeing like 30 new overnight here but now its barely scratching 10

30? in 24 hours there was 120+ at one stage.

 

Also on the pads thing, it has already been discussed, its not feasible, they did evaluate it, but it changes the sound too drastically and it will require a complete redesign.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.