Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 201

post #3001 of 21096
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicCrave93 View Post

 

And also to the person who asked how the hinges will work if you see this 

552600_378875052166813_481890651_n.jpg

From this pic it's pretty obvious that the way it will work is that the earcups will stay still while the wishbone shaped parts (sorry don't know the official name of those parts) will move upwards putting the earcups together. If the hinges snap upwards in a fast motion I can imagine why Val said it looks amazing.

 

 

It's a convenient folding design. The Audio Technica ATH-M50 and Shure SRH840, 440, 240 have similar folding mechanisms.

 

M50

 

3184797684_00972139b5.jpg

 

 

And from Shure's SRH1840 model, I think the "wishbone" part is called the yoke.

 

 

On a side note, from the above photo, it looks like the M-100 will have a tight clamping force judging from the "V" bend of the headband. But if it's like the M-80's then I'm sure it can be stretched to fit one's head better, as was exemplified in Tyll's M-80 review video.


Edited by miceblue - 7/9/12 at 6:11pm
post #3002 of 21096

Hey guys I just made a new thread dedicated to the M-100's

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/617863/music-that-your-listening-to-with-the-m-1oos

 

I know it may have been too early to make that thread and I know the first posters will most likely be the first people with the PPU's but I'm pretty sure the thread will get going once more of us start getting our pairs of M-100's. I just wanted to make sure that it was made and that you guys knew about it.

post #3003 of 21096

Val,

 

I think we've said all we can say without actually hearing the M-100.  What do you say to launching the preorders and shipping when you are confident they are ready for our ears (or our ears are ready for the M-100)?
 

post #3004 of 21096

Val - do you if the M100s will be sold at Micro Center?  I have one right down the street and they have the m80s on display, I'd like to see the m100s in person.

post #3005 of 21096

Val,

 

I've read that you work out a lot with the V-MODAs. Doesn't the porous padding of the headband get smelly/stinky from all the constant sweating?

 

I'm just bringing up IRL situations, because I also want a 6 stars product.

post #3006 of 21096
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

Well, it's just as unfair to us if we're at work, and all the PPU's are taken by the time we get home - right? Think about it this way.. Would you have more sympathy for...

 

  1. A person who has followed the thread for months, and contributed heavily to the discussion - missing out on the PPU's due to work and a bad announcement time?

or...

  1. A person who just discovered the thread, missing out on a PPU because those who have been contributing to it have reserved a PPU in advance?

 

I'd feel worse for the former, no matter how you word it.. + it's not just me.

Months?  Sympathy?  You hadn't even heard of V-Moda until 3 weeks ago when Roma101 told you about the M-100's.  Where do you get off posing yourself as a long time contributer when you've only been here 3 weeks?  Begging for 'TEAL' every fricken day isn't exactly a contribution either.  Now you want special priviliges?  Back o' the line son.

post #3007 of 21096
Quote:
Originally Posted by largemouth bass View Post

Months?  Sympathy?  You hadn't even heard of V-Moda until 3 weeks ago when Roma101 told you about the M-100's.  Where do you get off posing yourself as a long time contributer when you've only been here 3 weeks?  Begging for 'TEAL' every fricken day isn't exactly a contribution either.  Now you want special priviliges?  Back o' the line son.

calm-down.jpg

post #3008 of 21096

If I was val I would make the PPU more expensive tongue.gif

post #3009 of 21096
Quote:
Originally Posted by frix View Post

If I was val I would make the PPU more expensive tongue.gif


I'm sure everyone here who wants a PPU appreciates your suggestion.  Is there anything else you would like to contribute to the discussion?

post #3010 of 21096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


I'm sure everyone here who wants a PPU appreciates your suggestion.  Is there anything else you would like to contribute to the discussion?

 

Yeah, he should make them more expensive!!!!

 

:-p

post #3011 of 21096
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicCrave93 View Post

calm-down.jpg

Amazing. Can we put this on every post in this thread? I'm super excited for these headphones but some of these posts make me weep for the human race.

post #3012 of 21096
Quote:
Originally Posted by largemouth bass View Post

Months?  Sympathy?  You hadn't even heard of V-Moda until 3 weeks ago when Roma101 told you about the M-100's.  Where do you get off posing yourself as a long time contributer when you've only been here 3 weeks?  Begging for 'TEAL' every fricken day isn't exactly a contribution either.  Now you want special priviliges?  Back o' the line son.

Agreed with the 'calm down bro' images. Also, I've known about V-Moda since I got into headphones - just never seriously looked at them until I heard of the M-100.

 

By the way, so you know. - I wasn't talking about myself. I was talking about anyone who's been here for a little while. Like you, or Sonic Boom, or Music Crave. 

 

Calm down - I don't get why you hate me so much, but if you want to lose your cool, yell at me in pm's, not on the thread.


Edited by BRSxIgnition - 7/10/12 at 6:14am
post #3013 of 21096
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifenya View Post

hey will the ppu's differ in price from the actual cans?


NO, in fact, Val said he would offer some value addeds such as custom shields and signing something to go with them.  While it would be great to have the M-100 before others, there is also a greater chance of defects with PPUs since the reason behind PPUs is to work the bugs out before mass production.

post #3014 of 21096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


NO, in fact, Val said he would offer some value addeds such as custom shields and signing something to go with them.  While it would be great to have the M-100 before others, there is also a greater chance of defects with PPUs since the reason behind PPUs is to work the bugs out before mass production.

I've asked him, apparently they'll be the same in quality and such... He answered my question a page or three/four back.

post #3015 of 21096
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

I've asked him, apparently they'll be the same in quality and such... He answered my question a page or three/four back.


The reality is there may be defects identified with PPUs after some use that don't show up in testing but could be fixed before mass production.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.