Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 182

post #2716 of 21068

The thing with the m80's, I pressume it will be the same for the m100's, is that u can make them clamp more or less by stretching the headband.

post #2717 of 21068
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Sorry, been a little out of action recently reviewing different products.

@BRSxIgnition, so actually I visited the stores last Tuesday after the M-100 demo the night before and did try the LP2 again. Although the M-100 had what I perceived to be better isolation, I have to take into account the demo LP2 had been on the shelf for some time and therefore may have flexed quite a bit over the months. So I can't really say I'm comparing apples to apples about the LP2 vs M-100 isolation. I guess you can say the same about the ATH-M50's but I don't know if the M50's would "lose their flex" over time.
As long as its comparable, I'm fine with it. One of my bigger fears of upgrading to the M-100 from my M50's was the thought that I might lose the isolation and leakage properties of my M50's.

To the best of my knowledge, the M50's maintain their clamping force as needed. I've had mine a year and a half, no loss of clamping force yet.
post #2718 of 21068
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post


As long as its comparable, I'm fine with it. One of my bigger fears of upgrading to the M-100 from my M50's was the thought that I might lose the isolation and leakage properties of my M50's.
To the best of my knowledge, the M50's maintain their clamping force as needed. I've had mine a year and a half, no loss of clamping force yet.


I figured if DJs have been using the M-100's, the isolation should be pretty decent.

post #2719 of 21068
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtasi View Post


I figured if DJs have been using the M-100's, the isolation should be pretty decent.
Thing is, if they've already used LP1/2's, that argument is thrown out the window. The LP 1 and 2, as well as the M80's, we're noted to have much less isolation than other DJ or comparable headphones.

It seems like they've fixed that with the M-100's though.
post #2720 of 21068
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

Hmm, can you comment more on the clamping, I remember when comparing LP2 to having used M-Audio Q40 for a while which has a tight clamp it felt almost as the LP2s would fall of my head haha. The M-Audio Q40 sits very securely on the head which I like, most people don't like a tight clamp but in case it doesn't cause discomfort which it doesn't in my case I actually like it. But I guess the headband is still very flexible as the earlier models so it could be made tighter if need be. 

 

Also do you ears fit inside? Mine didn't unfortunately fit fully inside on LP2 but I think I could probably stretch them a bit with a suitable oval shape sized thing over-night to make them less pointy and more round in the inner-circumference as my ears have very round shape at the upper-edge which doesn't work well with the V-Moda pad's shape.

 

For now it's been a week since I've tried, I'd think I'd refrain from saying anything more about the clamping except to refer to my initial impressions last week - best when it was fresh in my mind.

 

As for my ears fitting in, yes mine did as it did with LP2s too. Unfortunately I can't say how much more room there was for larger ears.

post #2721 of 21068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha101 View Post

 

I believe a lot of companies don't bother as heavily with research & development. Val has mentioned in previous post that he spent many years getting the design, sound and durability right. I recall the revolvers have been in development for 8 years or so, obviously due to Val being a perfectionist and his attention to detail. Italians pride them selves in quality & styling this is also shown with their cars, fashion, furniture etc. I believe the same philosophy are imprinted in what is Vmoda. 

 

Companies have different objectives some will purposely design a product to fail just after the warranty so the consumer is lead to repurchase  or upgrade. I dont know of any other headphone company that allow you to upgrade at 50% off a new pair. I guess thats the reason there's so much hype with the M100's and the added consumer input he factors in.

 

Compared to the many cans Ive used in the past when Im cueing up my next track on a DJM800 I can set the headphone level a lot lower because the quality is a lot better which will also save my hearing being at safer frequencies. Another thing Ive noticed, human ears are predominately oval hence why the long hexagonal shape of the earcups are contoured to suit our ears. These are just a few things that I have found that set the Vmodas apart from the rest.

I'm more inclined to believe it is a cost cutting measure.  Even my LP2's are plastic at the headband adjuster (there is a screw on plate that is metal, but the part itself is plastic).  Based on the pics, it looks like the M-100 is plastic here, too.


Edited by mutescream - 7/2/12 at 8:52am
post #2722 of 21068
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

Thing is, if they've already used LP1/2's, that argument is thrown out the window. The LP 1 and 2, as well as the M80's, we're noted to have much less isolation than other DJ or comparable headphones.
It seems like they've fixed that with the M-100's though.

From what I've heard, the LP's and the M80's isolate pretty well. The only times that the isolation has been an issue is something like walking through a wind tunnel (or wind in general), which is pretty noticeable due to the vents. Other than that, they work fine.

post #2723 of 21068
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

It's quiet in here... too quiet..

2 days, 220 posts since I was last online... 

 

Off topic:

Paris hilton, naked and endorsing products, freaky ass music (Merzbow), nasal mucus, having wood, mora Paris Hilton, and LargeMouth Bass's entire Paris Hilton + LP pr0n stash, 

 

On topic:

cables, naming stuff, more cables, more naming stuff, Colour choices, release colour debates, shield designs, AnakChan looking like a 15 old boy who just got some, STEVIE WONDER helped with and is a fan of the M80's, and many pretty pictures.

 

And many many many weird and wonderful posts by Largemouth Bass, as per usual, **** makes my day.

post #2724 of 21068
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiR3D View Post

2 days, 220 posts since I was last online... 

 

Off topic:

Paris hilton, naked and endorsing products, freaky ass music (Merzbow), nasal mucus, having wood, mora Paris Hilton, and LargeMouth Bass's entire Paris Hilton + LP pr0n stash, 

 

On topic:

cables, naming stuff, more cables, more naming stuff, Colour choices, release colour debates, shield designs, AnakChan looking like a 15 old boy who just got some, STEVIE WONDER helped with and is a fan of the M80's, and many pretty pictures.

 

And many many many weird and wonderful posts by Largemouth Bass, as per usual, **** makes my day.

Thank you for clarifying to those in the thread what is 'on' and 'off' topic - I think they needed the help.

 

Anyway, we're all still waiting for the big news bits (special features, etc), but we've had some good info in the last few days.

post #2725 of 21068

Yes indeed, thank you WiR3D.  Although, I would argue the 'having wood' discussion was ON topic.  As we await the next Captain's V-Log M-100 Chronicle Teaser, I shall offer up my own.  "Who's that celebrity?"

 

NAME2.JPG

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

NAME.BMP

 

 

post #2726 of 21068
Quote:
Originally Posted by largemouth bass View Post

Yes indeed, thank you WiR3D.  Although, I would argue the 'having wood' discussion was ON topic.  As we await the next Captain's V-Log M-100 Chronicle Teaser, I shall offer up my own.  "Who's that celebrity?"

 

NAME2.JPG

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

NAME.BMP

 

 

 

HAHAHAHA...

 

Im not reading 182 pages but I was going to say that a built in amp that you can Bypass with no audio quality loss, DO IT. It not only would appeal to the mainstream market, but to the audiophile market as well. This would be especially good with an amp that has an option for bass boost or flat...Like a Cmoy.

post #2727 of 21068

So, staying off topic...but sort of on topic for some of the conversation here recently....I was watching Fuel TV tonight looking to see some info on the big Anderson Silva fight this weekend.  I stopped watching a few minutes before it was over and went to take a shower.  When I came out the Hooters pagent or whatever it's called had just started.  Just as I was getting ready to change the channel, the announcers announced the female DJ and they show her on the tv....and yep...she's wearing some V Moda LP/LP2s.  Gotta love it! 

post #2728 of 21068
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingamo View Post

 

HAHAHAHA...

 

Im not reading 182 pages but I was going to say that a built in amp that you can Bypass with no audio quality loss, DO IT. It not only would appeal to the mainstream market, but to the audiophile market as well. This would be especially good with an amp that has an option for bass boost or flat...Like a Cmoy.

 

 

Meh, to appeal to the mainstream market it would need a few celebrity endorsements...

 

If these live up to their hype I'd love to see some demos at Best Buy so people could hear what a proper $300 headhphone sounds like.

post #2729 of 21068

Just out of curiosity, what makes these headphones portable? Do they fold up?

post #2730 of 21068
-

Edited by BRSxIgnition - 7/2/12 at 7:22pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.