Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 177

post #2641 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by largemouth bass View Post

 

Your personal shield design has no relevance to the M-100.  Personally, I dont mind you posting it.  But to admonish those for straying off the beaten path while at the same time using the board towards your own personal whimsy might make you appear self-righteous, hypocritical and shallow.  We certainly wouldn't want people thinking that about you, right?

Stop. 

 

Once again - if you have nothing good to say, don't say it. Everyone was just joking about the Paris Hilton thing. My shields will be going on my M-100's, so they have revelance. I never told anyone to stop talking about anything else. If you don't like me asking for opinions on them, you can always just not give yours, and ignore it.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Google Dictionary

Self-righteousness (also called sententiousness, holier-than-thou) is a feeling of (usually) smug moral superiority derived from a sense that one's beliefs, actions, or affiliations are of greater virtue than those of the average person.

 

Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self_righteous

 

I see nothing "self-righteous" about asking others if they can give opinions to help me. I never forced them to do anything, or said my design was better than anyone else's. I also see nothing shallow about seeking help to better a design - or anything to make me hypocritical. The Paris Hilton photo wasn't even her using M-100's. These shields I am talking about are M-100 shields.

 

So once again - stop. I don't know what you have against me, but you've been making multiple jabs against me in this thread when I've done nothing wrong.

 

Let's carry on talking about things that concern, involve, or are related to the M-100's - not personal trifles like this. Thank you. 

post #2642 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

Stop. 

 

Once again - if you have nothing good to say, don't say it. Everyone was just joking about the Paris Hilton thing. My shields will be going on my M-100's, so they have revelance. I never told anyone to stop talking about anything else. If you don't like me asking for opinions on them, you can always just not give yours, and ignore it.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Google Dictionary

Self-righteousness (also called sententiousness, holier-than-thou) is a feeling of (usually) smug moral superiority derived from a sense that one's beliefs, actions, or affiliations are of greater virtue than those of the average person.

 

Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self_righteous

 

I see nothing "self-righteous" about asking others if they can give opinions to help me. I never forced them to do anything, or said my design was better than anyone else's. I also see nothing shallow about seeking help to better a design - or anything to make me hypocritical. The Paris Hilton photo wasn't even her using M-100's. These shields I am talking about are M-100 shields.

 

So once again - stop. I don't know what you have against me, but you've been making multiple jabs against me in this thread when I've done nothing wrong.

 

Let's carry on talking about things that concern, involve, or are related to the M-100's - not personal trifles like this. Thank you. 

I think you should put diamonds on them like these!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

paris.png

post #2643 of 21063

Assuming you would bust a nut, I had retracted my post.  Guess I was too late.  I'll keep it simple...quit trying to moderate the board. 

post #2644 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by our martin View Post

I think you should put diamonds on them like these!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

paris.png

classic...haha!

post #2645 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

Stop. 

 

Once again - if you have nothing good to say, don't say it. Everyone was just joking about the Paris Hilton thing. My shields will be going on my M-100's, so they have revelance. I never told anyone to stop talking about anything else. If you don't like me asking for opinions on them, you can always just not give yours, and ignore it.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Google Dictionary

Self-righteousness (also called sententiousness, holier-than-thou) is a feeling of (usually) smug moral superiority derived from a sense that one's beliefs, actions, or affiliations are of greater virtue than those of the average person.

 

Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self_righteous

 

I see nothing "self-righteous" about asking others if they can give opinions to help me. I never forced them to do anything, or said my design was better than anyone else's. I also see nothing shallow about seeking help to better a design - or anything to make me hypocritical. The Paris Hilton photo wasn't even her using M-100's. These shields I am talking about are M-100 shields.

 

So once again - stop. I don't know what you have against me, but you've been making multiple jabs against me in this thread when I've done nothing wrong.

 

Let's carry on talking about things that concern, involve, or are related to the M-100's - not personal trifles like this. Thank you. 

 

OK, you missed the point of his post.  In all honesty, both of you are being immature now...  Just sayin'.  That said, he said you were self-righteous because you favored your own needs over what others wanted to talk about.  Additionally, you did try to moderate things...  Both of these can create the moral superiority that he see's you think you have.  EG, you acted like you had power over us.  And in a sense you did.

 

I don't know what the jab about your plates was about, but the above is the reason he say you were self-righteous.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by our martin View Post

I think you should put diamonds on them like these!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

paris.png

 

LMAO...  That's cold dude :p

post #2646 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

 

OK, you missed the point of his post.  In all honesty, both of you are being immature now...  Just sayin'.  That said, he said you were self-righteous because you favored your own needs over what others wanted to talk about.  Additionally, you did try to moderate things...  Both of these can create the moral superiority that he see's you think you have.  EG, you acted like you had power over us.  And in a sense you did.

 

I don't know what the jab about your plates was about, but the above is the reason he say you were self-righteous.

 

 

LMAO...  That's cold dude :p

That was just ment as a joke nothing serious!

post #2647 of 21063

Soooo, how about those M100s!  Yaaaaaaaaay...tongue.gif

post #2648 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by our martin View Post

That was just ment as a joke nothing serious!

 

I know it was :p  It was a bogus joke though; gave me a good chuckle XD

post #2649 of 21063

I never favored my own needs... I posted about M-100 shields, while others Posted about cables.. or the songs they'd listen to on them, or the colors they wanted, or what they think the secret feature is..

 

Of course I got annoyed that I was the only one getting shot down - for what? My posts had pictures? They were no different than the posts where others said what they would listen to. I just posted what I'd put on my headphones.

 

I don't get this - anyway, back to M-100's. rolleyes.gif

 

PS: Part of my outburst can be blamed on the fact I have a huge headache, my throat is all mucus-y, and my ears won't stop popping. I hate having a cold..


Edited by BRSxIgnition - 7/1/12 at 8:51am
post #2650 of 21063

Granted, everybody else was posting about what song they want to hear with m-100s and all that paris hilton stuff so i don't see why you can't post your pictures to ask for advice since everybody else is posting indirect m-100 related things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

I never favored my own needs... I posted about M-100 shields, while others Posted about cables.. or the songs they'd listen to on them, or the colors they wanted, or what they think the secret feature is..

 

Of course I got annoyed that I was the only one getting shot down - for what? My posts had pictures? They were no different than the posts where others said what they would listen to. I just posted what I'd put on my headphones.

 

I don't get this - anyway, back to M-100's. rolleyes.gif

 

PS: Part of my outburst can be blamed on the fact I have a huge headache, my throat is all mucus-y, and my ears won't stop popping. I hate having a cold..

post #2651 of 21063

I think everyone is just getting testy because we have been discussing the M-100 for so long and, although they are so close we can almost hear them, yet not actually on our ears.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MhgnMX73Pw&feature=player_detailpage

post #2652 of 21063

Heres some music that should be good with the m100s http://soundcloud.com/giuseppeottaviani/121-trance-evolution

post #2653 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

I never favored my own needs... I posted about M-100 shields, while others Posted about cables.. or the songs they'd listen to on them, or the colors they wanted, or what they think the secret feature is..

 

Of course I got annoyed that I was the only one getting shot down - for what? My posts had pictures? They were no different than the posts where others said what they would listen to. I just posted what I'd put on my headphones.

 

I don't get this - anyway, back to M-100's. rolleyes.gif

 

PS: Part of my outburst can be blamed on the fact I have a huge headache, my throat is all mucus-y, and my ears won't stop popping. I hate having a cold..


No, you did clearly favor your own needs.  I can remember way back when you just wouldn't stop posting about white + teal, when you told others to stop repeating posts.  Like when you simply replied "Stop" in big bold letters, how can people not get an arrogant sense from you?  And please, I hope you feel better, but what did you hope to achieve by posting that you are sick?  To defer the responsibility and immaturity?

 

In my opinion, everyone just needs to take a break from this thread.  There isn't really anything new to talk about.  If there is, we usually just beat the dead horse.  Maybe check this thread like once a day for an update from val, but we really have not been talking about the M-100 lately.  We already know enough about it, and we should just wait until the release date to talk about it once we actually have it in our hands.  I think it's also unfair for Val to have a 200 page thread about his unreleased product, as it just puts unnecessary pressure on him.


Edited by xtasi - 7/1/12 at 9:13am
post #2654 of 21063

Man... I came here to check up on M-100 stuff, with hopes that Val would quit being such a tease and give us some good headphone pr0n (with or without Paris as a prop for the headphones).  What I found is people talking about their feelings and mucous.  Did I wander into a hippy retirement community?

post #2655 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtasi View Post


No, you did clearly favor your own needs.  I can remember way back when you just wouldn't stop posting about white + teal, when you told others to stop repeating posts.  Like when you simply replied "Stop" in big bold letters, how can people not get an arrogant sense from you?

I didn't tell them to stop repeating posts, I told him to combine them into one post - since he was double posting. Go check please..? Also, I love the colors White and Teal, and there were a few others who liked it too - I didn't keep it going once the topic changed though. 

 

I don't want to be seen as arrogant.. I like to let others have their own views and wants - I wasn't doing anything else different from what others were doing. They posted what they were interested in, I did the same.

 

I apologize to the thread and those reading it if I really seem like that much of an ass...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.