I really just wish I could afford them when these come out. :P
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
These have been part of my set-up for about 2 months. The set-up has consisted mainly of: Phonitor 2 fed by a Mdac or Dacmagic (Main Rig) Portable use saw it used with a NuForce Udac Gaming...
Experience with Customer Service In case you want to see a video review, search youtube for "Jaybird Real time Review" and my video should be first on the list. I'm going to start by saying...
Just bought it over two months ago. It really added another dimension to the sound of music played in my macbook (since I used to listen to my itunes using the headphone jack) I notice details in...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Scott Byrer, Director of Marketing at Master & Dynamic for...
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 162post #2416 of 213746/27/12 at 6:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2417 of 213746/27/12 at 6:20pmpost #2418 of 213746/27/12 at 6:28pm
Hmm, I've been following this thread quietly until now but I guess I will post with something productive. I honestly don't think it's that hard to read/search through this thread for info, but it's not worth getting butt hurt when people do ask questions. So here's a short thread summary.
The V-Moda M-100s...
...are closed circumaural cans meant keep in step with the M-80s more audiophile-pleasing sound signature.
...will most certainly be an upgrade SQ wise from the M-80s.
...have hinges, so they will be foldable.
...will be using 50mm drivers.
...have a secret additional feature that has not yet been revealed.
...do not require an amp, but will scale well if you decide to use one.
...do not have a definite price yet, but are estimated to cost around $300.
...are current expected to be released somewhere around late July to early August.
...will be released in two colors--White/Silver and Shadow.
...will use the same custom shields as the LPs/LP2s. You can get the shields for 20% off using the promo code M-100MANIA.
...will come with a case, 3 cables, and a 3.5 mm to 1/4 in plug. The 3 cables are an audio only cable, and iphone compatible cable with controls and a mic, and an android compatible cable with a mic.
Pages with pictures:
- Early pictures of the M-100s on page 1
- Original color designs on page 67
- page 91
- page 92
- page 93
- Early picture of the case on page 102
- page 105
- page 150
- Pictures and early impressions by Anakchan on page 152
Edited by blackcoffeex1 - 6/27/12 at 7:19pmpost #2419 of 213746/27/12 at 6:51pm
^Circumaural, not supra aural. And I think it is reasonable to expect people to read ~10 pages back to find information, anything more is expecting too much from people who have other useful things to do with their lives. This forum does get some lengthy threads, although it isn't nearly as bad as XDA Developers (the most bothersome thing is being told to read the thread when many ROM threads get to, I kid you not, 7,000+ pages). Anyways, an early August launch would work fine for me if that's what it takes to fine tune the M-100s to the best they can be.post #2420 of 213746/27/12 at 7:21pm
Fixed, thanks. I wrote super-aural thinking it was the same, but looks like it's a synonym for supra-aural. My bad. And I don't think it's unreasonable for people to read back, I thought I would just compile some basic info to be nice.
Edited by blackcoffeex1 - 6/27/12 at 7:31pmpost #2421 of 213746/27/12 at 7:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by UCLA 15
^Circumaural, not supra aural. And I think it is reasonable to expect people to read ~10 pages back to find information, anything more is expecting too much from people who have other useful things to do with their lives. This forum does get some lengthy threads, although it isn't nearly as bad as XDA Developers (the most bothersome thing is being told to read the thread when many ROM threads get to, I kid you not, 7,000+ pages). Anyways, an early August launch would work fine for me if that's what it takes to fine tune the M-100s to the best they can be.
You expect a person who has never been on this forum/doesn't know it that well to know that information was 10 pages back? Even further, if a person knew it was 10 pages back, they would have looked for it... You expect them to do something they can't because they don't know.post #2422 of 213746/27/12 at 7:55pm
I'm up for a good argument most of the time... But, this one seems a bit silly to have here. I'm not saying it's not a worthy topic to debate, but really... How much does determining how many pages is reasonable to expect someone to review before asking have to do with the M-100 itself? It looks like an argument that could be had elsewhere. Just sayin'.post #2423 of 213746/27/12 at 7:56pmpost #2424 of 213746/27/12 at 9:00pmQuote:
Pretty cool of you to do and that should certainly help peoplepost #2425 of 213746/27/12 at 9:10pmQuote:
Yes it was quite helpful, with page references to gold nuggets and everything. While I would also mention the improved "Super mic" that was announced but not fully revealed, I would simply quote your post if/when someone new to the thread asks for info, with updates since your post added. That's probably going to be the easiest solution for the thread regulars going forward, since I haven't seen a post from the OP in a couple months.
The other option, of course, is that newbies could just search Valkolton posts within this thread... They would hit most of the relevant data, and I imagine more sound impressions will be added as time goes on. Still, thanks for your index!post #2426 of 213746/27/12 at 9:25pmpost #2427 of 213746/27/12 at 9:39pmQuote:
This photo is both appropriate and creeping me out.
+1?post #2428 of 213746/27/12 at 9:42pm
I think the best coarse of action is once the M-100 is launched a proper impressions thread should be created with the original poster updating the first post with any and all impressions. I'm thinking of doing it myself nut I don't want to be pushy about it or look like I'm stealing Val's forum thunderpost #2429 of 213746/27/12 at 9:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by DigitalFreak
I think the best coarse of action is once the M-100 is launched a proper impressions thread should be created with the original poster updating the first post with any and all impressions. I'm thinking of doing it myself nut I don't want to be pushy about it or look like I'm stealing Val's forum thunder
I like this idea. Unless the OP of this thread can start updating the original post with the important information in a nice readable format (EG, formatted and organized). Otherwise, I think this is the best way about it so we don't run into "What has been said about the M-100" questions people are getting worked up about.post #2430 of 213746/27/12 at 9:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by tinyman392
I like this idea. Unless the OP of this thread can start updating the original post with the important information in a nice readable format (EG, formatted and organized). Otherwise, I think this is the best way about it so we don't run into "What has been said about the M-100" questions people are getting worked up about.
Agreed - this repeats what I stated a few posts ago.
I can create the "Launch" impressions/review thread once we have a concrete ship/release date - that way people won't have to go through 175+ pages of info here to find simple info. I'll be sure to use BlackCoffeex1's info he gathered, with links to each nugget - as well as official links to the V-MODA page and such.
This will be the anticipation/feedback to V-MODA thread, while the other one will be the launch/impressions/reviews thread.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Fidue A71 Dual Dynamic - Impressions Thread 7 seconds ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 12 seconds ago
- › NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!! 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil *unofficial* pre-orders ? 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA22 (+upgrade tubes) 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Plus DAC by lalojimenez
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by thatBeatsguy
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3