I really just wish I could afford them when these come out. :P
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 6/26/15
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 162post #2416 of 218656/27/12 at 6:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2417 of 218656/27/12 at 6:20pmpost #2418 of 218656/27/12 at 6:28pm
Hmm, I've been following this thread quietly until now but I guess I will post with something productive. I honestly don't think it's that hard to read/search through this thread for info, but it's not worth getting butt hurt when people do ask questions. So here's a short thread summary.
The V-Moda M-100s...
...are closed circumaural cans meant keep in step with the M-80s more audiophile-pleasing sound signature.
...will most certainly be an upgrade SQ wise from the M-80s.
...have hinges, so they will be foldable.
...will be using 50mm drivers.
...have a secret additional feature that has not yet been revealed.
...do not require an amp, but will scale well if you decide to use one.
...do not have a definite price yet, but are estimated to cost around $300.
...are current expected to be released somewhere around late July to early August.
...will be released in two colors--White/Silver and Shadow.
...will use the same custom shields as the LPs/LP2s. You can get the shields for 20% off using the promo code M-100MANIA.
...will come with a case, 3 cables, and a 3.5 mm to 1/4 in plug. The 3 cables are an audio only cable, and iphone compatible cable with controls and a mic, and an android compatible cable with a mic.
Pages with pictures:
- Early pictures of the M-100s on page 1
- Original color designs on page 67
- page 91
- page 92
- page 93
- Early picture of the case on page 102
- page 105
- page 150
- Pictures and early impressions by Anakchan on page 152
Edited by blackcoffeex1 - 6/27/12 at 7:19pmpost #2419 of 218656/27/12 at 6:51pm
^Circumaural, not supra aural. And I think it is reasonable to expect people to read ~10 pages back to find information, anything more is expecting too much from people who have other useful things to do with their lives. This forum does get some lengthy threads, although it isn't nearly as bad as XDA Developers (the most bothersome thing is being told to read the thread when many ROM threads get to, I kid you not, 7,000+ pages). Anyways, an early August launch would work fine for me if that's what it takes to fine tune the M-100s to the best they can be.post #2420 of 218656/27/12 at 7:21pm
Fixed, thanks. I wrote super-aural thinking it was the same, but looks like it's a synonym for supra-aural. My bad. And I don't think it's unreasonable for people to read back, I thought I would just compile some basic info to be nice.
Edited by blackcoffeex1 - 6/27/12 at 7:31pmpost #2421 of 218656/27/12 at 7:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by UCLA 15
^Circumaural, not supra aural. And I think it is reasonable to expect people to read ~10 pages back to find information, anything more is expecting too much from people who have other useful things to do with their lives. This forum does get some lengthy threads, although it isn't nearly as bad as XDA Developers (the most bothersome thing is being told to read the thread when many ROM threads get to, I kid you not, 7,000+ pages). Anyways, an early August launch would work fine for me if that's what it takes to fine tune the M-100s to the best they can be.
You expect a person who has never been on this forum/doesn't know it that well to know that information was 10 pages back? Even further, if a person knew it was 10 pages back, they would have looked for it... You expect them to do something they can't because they don't know.post #2422 of 218656/27/12 at 7:55pm
I'm up for a good argument most of the time... But, this one seems a bit silly to have here. I'm not saying it's not a worthy topic to debate, but really... How much does determining how many pages is reasonable to expect someone to review before asking have to do with the M-100 itself? It looks like an argument that could be had elsewhere. Just sayin'.post #2423 of 218656/27/12 at 7:56pmpost #2424 of 218656/27/12 at 9:00pmQuote:
Pretty cool of you to do and that should certainly help peoplepost #2425 of 218656/27/12 at 9:10pmQuote:
Yes it was quite helpful, with page references to gold nuggets and everything. While I would also mention the improved "Super mic" that was announced but not fully revealed, I would simply quote your post if/when someone new to the thread asks for info, with updates since your post added. That's probably going to be the easiest solution for the thread regulars going forward, since I haven't seen a post from the OP in a couple months.
The other option, of course, is that newbies could just search Valkolton posts within this thread... They would hit most of the relevant data, and I imagine more sound impressions will be added as time goes on. Still, thanks for your index!post #2426 of 218656/27/12 at 9:25pmpost #2427 of 218656/27/12 at 9:39pmQuote:
This photo is both appropriate and creeping me out.
+1?post #2428 of 218656/27/12 at 9:42pm
I think the best coarse of action is once the M-100 is launched a proper impressions thread should be created with the original poster updating the first post with any and all impressions. I'm thinking of doing it myself nut I don't want to be pushy about it or look like I'm stealing Val's forum thunderpost #2429 of 218656/27/12 at 9:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by DigitalFreak
I think the best coarse of action is once the M-100 is launched a proper impressions thread should be created with the original poster updating the first post with any and all impressions. I'm thinking of doing it myself nut I don't want to be pushy about it or look like I'm stealing Val's forum thunder
I like this idea. Unless the OP of this thread can start updating the original post with the important information in a nice readable format (EG, formatted and organized). Otherwise, I think this is the best way about it so we don't run into "What has been said about the M-100" questions people are getting worked up about.post #2430 of 218656/27/12 at 9:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by tinyman392
I like this idea. Unless the OP of this thread can start updating the original post with the important information in a nice readable format (EG, formatted and organized). Otherwise, I think this is the best way about it so we don't run into "What has been said about the M-100" questions people are getting worked up about.
Agreed - this repeats what I stated a few posts ago.
I can create the "Launch" impressions/review thread once we have a concrete ship/release date - that way people won't have to go through 175+ pages of info here to find simple info. I'll be sure to use BlackCoffeex1's info he gathered, with links to each nugget - as well as official links to the V-MODA page and such.
This will be the anticipation/feedback to V-MODA thread, while the other one will be the launch/impressions/reviews thread.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 1 minute ago
- › New DAP - Choices between Sony NWZ A15, Fiio X3 ii, or Fio X5 ii -... 1 minute ago
- › Wanted: high end right angle mini to mini interconnect 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 3 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDREX110LPB - Good idea for budget earbuds or should I go with... 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 5 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3