I really just wish I could afford them when these come out. :P
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
Cayin N6 Pros-quality build & sound, UI, neutralish, amp not needed Cons-battery life could be longer, large, gets warm Settings- low gain, soft, no eq. Note: I had an...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 162post #2416 of 216256/27/12 at 6:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2417 of 216256/27/12 at 6:20pmpost #2418 of 216256/27/12 at 6:28pm
Hmm, I've been following this thread quietly until now but I guess I will post with something productive. I honestly don't think it's that hard to read/search through this thread for info, but it's not worth getting butt hurt when people do ask questions. So here's a short thread summary.
The V-Moda M-100s...
...are closed circumaural cans meant keep in step with the M-80s more audiophile-pleasing sound signature.
...will most certainly be an upgrade SQ wise from the M-80s.
...have hinges, so they will be foldable.
...will be using 50mm drivers.
...have a secret additional feature that has not yet been revealed.
...do not require an amp, but will scale well if you decide to use one.
...do not have a definite price yet, but are estimated to cost around $300.
...are current expected to be released somewhere around late July to early August.
...will be released in two colors--White/Silver and Shadow.
...will use the same custom shields as the LPs/LP2s. You can get the shields for 20% off using the promo code M-100MANIA.
...will come with a case, 3 cables, and a 3.5 mm to 1/4 in plug. The 3 cables are an audio only cable, and iphone compatible cable with controls and a mic, and an android compatible cable with a mic.
Pages with pictures:
- Early pictures of the M-100s on page 1
- Original color designs on page 67
- page 91
- page 92
- page 93
- Early picture of the case on page 102
- page 105
- page 150
- Pictures and early impressions by Anakchan on page 152
Edited by blackcoffeex1 - 6/27/12 at 7:19pmpost #2419 of 216256/27/12 at 6:51pm
^Circumaural, not supra aural. And I think it is reasonable to expect people to read ~10 pages back to find information, anything more is expecting too much from people who have other useful things to do with their lives. This forum does get some lengthy threads, although it isn't nearly as bad as XDA Developers (the most bothersome thing is being told to read the thread when many ROM threads get to, I kid you not, 7,000+ pages). Anyways, an early August launch would work fine for me if that's what it takes to fine tune the M-100s to the best they can be.post #2420 of 216256/27/12 at 7:21pm
Fixed, thanks. I wrote super-aural thinking it was the same, but looks like it's a synonym for supra-aural. My bad. And I don't think it's unreasonable for people to read back, I thought I would just compile some basic info to be nice.
Edited by blackcoffeex1 - 6/27/12 at 7:31pmpost #2421 of 216256/27/12 at 7:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by UCLA 15
^Circumaural, not supra aural. And I think it is reasonable to expect people to read ~10 pages back to find information, anything more is expecting too much from people who have other useful things to do with their lives. This forum does get some lengthy threads, although it isn't nearly as bad as XDA Developers (the most bothersome thing is being told to read the thread when many ROM threads get to, I kid you not, 7,000+ pages). Anyways, an early August launch would work fine for me if that's what it takes to fine tune the M-100s to the best they can be.
You expect a person who has never been on this forum/doesn't know it that well to know that information was 10 pages back? Even further, if a person knew it was 10 pages back, they would have looked for it... You expect them to do something they can't because they don't know.post #2422 of 216256/27/12 at 7:55pm
I'm up for a good argument most of the time... But, this one seems a bit silly to have here. I'm not saying it's not a worthy topic to debate, but really... How much does determining how many pages is reasonable to expect someone to review before asking have to do with the M-100 itself? It looks like an argument that could be had elsewhere. Just sayin'.post #2423 of 216256/27/12 at 7:56pmpost #2424 of 216256/27/12 at 9:00pmQuote:
Pretty cool of you to do and that should certainly help peoplepost #2425 of 216256/27/12 at 9:10pmQuote:
Yes it was quite helpful, with page references to gold nuggets and everything. While I would also mention the improved "Super mic" that was announced but not fully revealed, I would simply quote your post if/when someone new to the thread asks for info, with updates since your post added. That's probably going to be the easiest solution for the thread regulars going forward, since I haven't seen a post from the OP in a couple months.
The other option, of course, is that newbies could just search Valkolton posts within this thread... They would hit most of the relevant data, and I imagine more sound impressions will be added as time goes on. Still, thanks for your index!post #2426 of 216256/27/12 at 9:25pmpost #2427 of 216256/27/12 at 9:39pmQuote:
This photo is both appropriate and creeping me out.
+1?post #2428 of 216256/27/12 at 9:42pm
I think the best coarse of action is once the M-100 is launched a proper impressions thread should be created with the original poster updating the first post with any and all impressions. I'm thinking of doing it myself nut I don't want to be pushy about it or look like I'm stealing Val's forum thunderpost #2429 of 216256/27/12 at 9:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by DigitalFreak
I think the best coarse of action is once the M-100 is launched a proper impressions thread should be created with the original poster updating the first post with any and all impressions. I'm thinking of doing it myself nut I don't want to be pushy about it or look like I'm stealing Val's forum thunder
I like this idea. Unless the OP of this thread can start updating the original post with the important information in a nice readable format (EG, formatted and organized). Otherwise, I think this is the best way about it so we don't run into "What has been said about the M-100" questions people are getting worked up about.post #2430 of 216256/27/12 at 9:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by tinyman392
I like this idea. Unless the OP of this thread can start updating the original post with the important information in a nice readable format (EG, formatted and organized). Otherwise, I think this is the best way about it so we don't run into "What has been said about the M-100" questions people are getting worked up about.
Agreed - this repeats what I stated a few posts ago.
I can create the "Launch" impressions/review thread once we have a concrete ship/release date - that way people won't have to go through 175+ pages of info here to find simple info. I'll be sure to use BlackCoffeex1's info he gathered, with links to each nugget - as well as official links to the V-MODA page and such.
This will be the anticipation/feedback to V-MODA thread, while the other one will be the launch/impressions/reviews thread.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › BNIB Westone W30 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Yulong D100 MKII DAC - an update to an already excellent... 6 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2