Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Introduction Why am I here? Am I seeking an endgame all-in-one audio device? Am I seeking an amplifier for every conceivable, non-electrostatic headphone? Am I seeking a sound that will draw me...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1512
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #22667 of 226777/22/16 at 9:16am
Just curious, is it because of asthetical reasons that you simply haven't just added something underneath the pads to make them deeper as they become compressed? I do that with the headphones I wear (not M100).post #22668 of 226777/22/16 at 2:02pmQuote:
The XL is made in a way where there is nowhere to put anything. The area under the pads is a little narrow.
I initially tried with the stock pads, but there was lint everywhere no matter what I used and I didn't feel like it was a solution.
I don't really feel like I should have to worry about any of that anyway.
I sent an email to V-MODA yesterday and explained in great detail about this issue. They said they will forward it to their design team. I hope they really do take it into consideration.post #22669 of 226777/26/16 at 1:48pmpost #22670 of 226777/26/16 at 2:50pmpost #22671 of 226777/26/16 at 6:01pmI regret to admit that I was fairly disappointed with these unfortunately.. . Very uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time, you have to buy a new pair of cups. Bass is not as impressive as the mdr xb1000s and mids and highs are very dry and empty. What makes these so special? The factory warranty was neat thoughpost #22672 of 226777/27/16 at 8:19amI got my cable and it works. (The y cable that goes to both cups. Message the seller 'cairimao' on amazon and tell them you need a cable like the denon ah-d7100 but with 2 poles on the headphone terminations, they will make it custom. ~$20.. it warmed up my sound morepost #22673 of 226777/27/16 at 8:45amQuote:were you listening to music with instruments or electronic? These are really exclusively tuned for electronic genres.Originally Posted by BNMotive
I regret to admit that I was fairly disappointed with these unfortunately.. . Very uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time, you have to buy a new pair of cups. Bass is not as impressive as the mdr xb1000s and mids and highs are very dry and empty. What makes these so special? The factory warranty was neat thoughpost #22674 of 226777/27/16 at 9:08pmQuote:
And Hip-hop as well. Really like Eminem with these. If I had to own just 1 single pair of closed-backs I wouldn't go for the M100, but I've already got a lot of other solid cans for other genres.post #22675 of 226777/28/16 at 3:06amQuote:
I exclusively used these for electronic music.I think the Bose Quiet Comfort 25s might be a better fit.post #22676 of 226777/29/16 at 1:04amQuote:
Look I'm not a real audiophile, and I'm relatively new to high-end headphones (check the sig). But I have enjoyed the way music built around live horns sounds on these. I've mostly listened to hip hop and R&B, but I also have some brass band jazz that sounds good (to me) on these. I haven't really listened to anything guitar heavy yet. I may do that tomorrow.post #22677 of 226777/29/16 at 2:31amQuote:I find the fact that you say you found some jazz that you feel sounds good on these. In my experience instrumental based music is the main type that I absolutely do not like listening to in the M100. Hip hop and contemporary R&B sound good. But the coloration of the headphones themselves seem to lend an unnatural sound to horns that just does not Ppeal to me. At the same time, headphones the I use for acoustic based music, bore me when it comes to bass driven, contemporary based music. My only issue with these is the slight recessed miss, but a little eq in the 1k,2k range combined with a what some consider a brightish dac (dfr) and I'm extremely happyOriginally Posted by jean15paul
Look I'm not a real audiophile, and I'm relatively new to high-end headphones (check the sig). But I have enjoyed the way music built around live horns sounds on these. I've mostly listened to hip hop and R&B, but I also have some brass band jazz that sounds good (to me) on these. I haven't really listened to anything guitar heavy yet. I may do that tomorrow.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 23 seconds ago
- › ifi iCAN Micro with FREE ifi attenuators 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › New iRiver AK70 1 minute ago
- › Vape-Fi 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Android phone amp without dac 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 8 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...