or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1496

post #22426 of 22572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesonofkrypton View Post
 

Does anyone own the Sennheiser Urbanite XL and compared it to the M100? 


My brother owns Urbanite cans(over ear).Sennheiser Urbanite XL's timing is a bit off compared to the M100. I personally like Urbanite's bass as it is rich compared to V moda.I personally prefer V moda 100 to Urbanite as m100 is more exciting to listen to.

post #22427 of 22572
Has anyone tried comparing the M100 to the Wireless? Do they sound the same when the Wireless is in Bluetooth mode? If not, how about in wired mode?
post #22428 of 22572
After using the LP2s for three days, I have decided to return them and get the M100. I enjoyed the bass, but everything else was underwhelming, I am hoping the M100s are a bit more suited towards my tastes. I hope the highs are a bit better, if not then its time to learn how to EQ. After my initial impressions with the LP2s, I was wondering if anyone has made custom velour pads for the M100s? I have the XL pads but still finding myself enjoying the velour pads on my Senn HD 439s lol.

Edited by TypeChaos - 2/6/16 at 9:31pm
post #22429 of 22572
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeChaos View Post
 
After using the LP2s for three days, I have decided to return them and get the M100. I enjoyed the bass, but everything else was underwhelming, I am hoping the M100s are a bit more suited towards my tastes. I hope the highs are a bit better, if not then its time to learn how to EQ. After my initial impressions with the LP2s, I was wondering if anyone has made custom velour pads for the M100s? I have the XL pads but still finding myself enjoying the velour pads on my Senn HD 439s lol.

Nope.  There are no velour pads for the M100.  They honestly wouldn't be very well suited for a portable headphone anyway, imo, since I'm pretty sure they compromise on isolation, and I'm not sure the M100 wouldn't be quite the bassy headphone if it had velours.

post #22430 of 22572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danpyre View Post
 

Nope.  There are no velour pads for the M100.  They honestly wouldn't be very well suited for a portable headphone anyway, imo, since I'm pretty sure they compromise on isolation, and I'm not sure the M100 wouldn't be quite the bassy headphone if it had velours.

True, those pads would get dirty extremely quickly for outside use. I received my M100s today. And I noticed under the shields, the vents are covered by a tape. What are they there for and what happens if I remove them?

post #22431 of 22572
Don't mess with that tape is my suggestion. Its not really tape from what I can see. It more of a membrane. I believe it helps the headphone to get air but reduces wind noise and possibly would keep water from getting in.
post #22432 of 22572
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post

Don't mess with that tape is my suggestion. Its not really tape from what I can see. It more of a membrane. I believe it helps the headphone to get air but reduces wind noise and possibly would keep water from getting in.

Ah I see. Thank you. Glad I posted a question before ripping them off.

post #22433 of 22572
Both my buddy and I had a strange experience with v-moda retailers. I bought a matte black pair from guitar center. When I got them home I found that the box was already opened and the warranty packet was missing. I went back to Guitar Center to raise hell and found out they sold me a demo pair. They made it right by letting me exchange them for the shadows for no additional cost.

My buddy had the exact same experience from best buy. He bought a matte black set and same thing; box was open and warranty packet missing. These turned out to be a demo pair too. This isn't v-moda's fault, but it would be nice if they'd have a word with their retailers because it feels like something shady is going on with the warranty cards.
post #22434 of 22572
How does the v moda m100 compair to the fidelio x2
post #22435 of 22572
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Q Lin View Post

How does the v moda m100 compair to the fidelio x2

x2 is a /r/headphone meme, while the M100 isn't.

post #22436 of 22572
Very different since the X2 are open and the M100 are closed. Both have a warm sound though.
post #22437 of 22572

My cable is damaged and I'm looking to get a replacement. However, I do not know whether to get the original audio only cable or the Fiio RC-MH1. Also, are there any other choices out there? Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

post #22438 of 22572
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr34td3str0y3r View Post
 

I am trying to take off the wing plates on my m100. I understand this is the m-80 but I see that he got the wing plates off. 

I can't find a screw driver to fit those tiny screws? any help

Oh god tell me about it.

 

None of that information exists anywhere. I just need to know the size of the micro screw that is used in the hinge and they wouldn't tell me. I should post the exchange with their customer support dude - it's quite hilarious. I didn't want to send my headphones in for a lousy screw - i wouldn't have anything to listen to if I did that. 

 

But anyway, he wouldn't send me the screw nor would he tell me the size. Can you imagine all that money in shipping costs and just plain old wasted time?

 

Anyway - there's still one screw left in the hinge so I just used duct tape to hold everything in place - which really sucks because they're brand new. 

post #22439 of 22572
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeChaos View Post
 

Ah I see. Thank you. Glad I posted a question before ripping them off.

Usually it is a bass filter. If you remove it possibly ruin the sound signature, bass might get dubby

post #22440 of 22572
Quote:
Originally Posted by azimkajai View Post
 

My cable is damaged and I'm looking to get a replacement. However, I do not know whether to get the original audio only cable or the Fiio RC-MH1. Also, are there any other choices out there? Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You got 2 cable aren't you? That's not enough? I suggest you got vmoda but non-attached in line mic (the straight braided one with branch)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.