Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 6/26/15
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1452
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #21767 of 217766/29/15 at 9:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by dbdynsty25
The M100 is a fantastic headphone that can handle just about any music genre, especially bass oriented ones. That said, I've got a pair of Oppo PM3s when I just don't want the bass rumble and those are ridiculously good as well. I simply cannot decide between the two so I said forget it, I'm keeping both. I'd check out both.
I'm honestly surprised some people find the bass "rumble" too much at times. I don't find the bass overbearing in the slightest, or even to be quite the rumble many people discuss.post #21768 of 217766/29/15 at 9:57pmQuote:
These don't go down to $200 often from retailers so I'd recommend just buying at the new $250 retail price.post #21769 of 217767/1/15 at 11:11am
This is an exceptional price. Delivery from Hong Kong, but 100% original. (Straight from the factory, that is the reason for this price.) I bought mine from here. First I quit the purchase process, and to keep me in the deal I was offered an extra £5 off, so I paid £140 ($218) including international shipping. They ship to U.K. only though, as far as I know.
http://www.eglobalcentral.co.uk/v-moda-crossfade-m-100-over-ear-headphones-matte-black.htmlpost #21770 of 217767/4/15 at 1:11amAs much as I like the sound, even with the XL pads these are not exactly comfortable to wear for more than a few songs. This is from someone coming from one of the most comfortable headphones ever designed, the ATH-700, but I do hope the next generation has improved comfort. Find myself constantly adjusting these, especially while wearing glasses. I wouldn't say I have particularly large ears since they fit in the standard pads but even with the XL they touch the driver, plus the clamping pressure on the ears is a bit more than I'd like. Unfortunately the short-lasting comfort at least for me personally could be enough to force me to return these and wait to see if V-Moda improves comfort next time around. I most likely won't return/sell though.
Edited by MICHAELSD - Yesterday at 2:09 ampost #21771 of 217767/4/15 at 4:15am
I rarely wear sunglasses (and had LASIK surgery 12 years ago), but the other day I tried wearing sunglasses while listening to my M-100s. I lost about 3 dB of sub-bass, (had to use one extra bass increment in my EQ presets), and the sub-bass on one side sounded a little louder than the other.
You need a really good air seal around the earpads to get proper sub-bass, and your earpieces on glasses will break the seal a little.
So as for me, I just took off the sunglasses after one song, and said oh well,...it's a sunny day, but my eyes can take it!
No big deal....post #21772 of 217767/4/15 at 5:15amI've attached some folded tissue paper to the bottom of the headband of mine to raise it up a bit, which combined with the XL pads have made mine very comfortable. I'm wearing sunglasses under them right now without any trouble. I have gently bent the headband in the past though - just by bending it into a straight line a couple of times.post #21773 of 217767/4/15 at 10:56amQuote:Originally Posted by MICHAELSD
As much as I like the sound, even with the XL pads these are not exactly comfortable to wear for more than a few songs. This is from someone coming from one of the most comfortable headphones ever designed, the ATH-700, but I do hope the next generation has improved comfort. Find myself constantly adjusting these, especially while wearing glasses. I wouldn't say I have particularly large ears since they fit in the standard pads but even with the XL they touch the driver, plus the clamping pressure on the ears is a bit more than I'd like. Unfortunately the short-lasting comfort at least for me personally could be enough to force me to return these and wait to see if V-Moda improves comfort next time around. I most likely won't return/sell though.
I was used to my Sennheiser HD600 before I bought my M-100. The HD600s is the most comfortable headphone I have ever tried. Even after 5-6 hrs of listening you feel you could wear it for another 5-6 hrs. It just hugs your head, you do not want to take it off. :)
The M-100 with the stock pads became very uncomfortable after 20-30 minutes of listening. (I have small ears.) With the XL pads I say it is ok. At least it does not hurt wearing them for 3-4 hours. Obviously it does not even come close to the comfort of the (opened) HD600, but it is quite comfy for a closed can, even after 3-4 hrs I do not have major issues with comfort. (It could breathe more, but it wont, as it is a closed hp.)
With XL pads it is fine. I have no issues. Of course I do not expect the comfort of the opened back flagships... That would be unfair.post #21774 of 217767/4/15 at 12:09pm
Took my M-100 for heir first journey. :)
Was quite amazing to have this sound on the streets. Feels even more spacious. :)
Can't wait my next flight in August to find out, how much it isolates on a plain.
Very satisfied with overall performance so far. Especially with 80% of my music genres. (Containing electronic bits and peaces.) :)post #21775 of 217767/4/15 at 9:23pm
I've never had any major comfort issues with the stock pads. After about 3 hours they become very, very slightly uncomfortable, so at that point I'll occasionally just take them off my ears for about 30 seconds, wiggle my earlobes a bit, and put the M-100s back on. No problem.post #21776 of 217767/5/15 at 8:46amQuote:Originally Posted by DiscoProJoe
I've never had any major comfort issues with the stock pads. After about 3 hours they become very, very slightly uncomfortable, so at that point I'll occasionally just take them off my ears for about 30 seconds, wiggle my earlobes a bit, and put the M-100s back on. No problem.
Everyone's head is different I guess. ;)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Repair and/or HD-to-flash upgrade of old iMods and Wolfson-DAC... 14 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 1 minute ago
- › Help planning my first sitting room hi-fi setup 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 1 minute ago
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread 5 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 with carrying bag USED 6 minutes ago
- › ATH-W5000 Raffinato 8 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)