V-MODA Scars (Model Number: S-100) ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 144post #2146 of 215366/22/12 at 10:28pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2147 of 215366/22/12 at 10:38pm
Glad to hear of it word first Val! I will still be getting a pair of Shadow's once you are ready to start firing these at us!
Also for names..
"Violet Hearted" (A reference to the Purple Heart)
I could keep coming up with more, but its 1:40 in the morning! Maybe I will have some better ones in the morning..
I JUST THOUGHT OF ANOTHER ONE!
"THE WORN VETERANS"
Edited by The Doctor - 6/22/12 at 10:51pmpost #2148 of 215366/22/12 at 10:43pmpost #2149 of 215366/22/12 at 10:44pm
That's two for Vetrans.
Also, Val - you missed a question before: Any new colors being released alongside these?
Edited by BRSxIgnition - 6/22/12 at 11:00pmpost #2150 of 215366/23/12 at 1:34amQuote:
Cool! The best news I heard so far haha! Seems like both my own testing and all the evaluations you did with M100 came to similar conclusions. ^^ Yea 8~9dB seems to be optimal, I'm very intrigued now. :P
About the colors, personally I'm happy with Shadow theme rather than Gunmetal theme, the LP2 I bought I thought looked quite nice but yea looking at the Shadow themed M80 I envy their looks. :P
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 6/23/12 at 1:36ampost #2151 of 215366/23/12 at 1:57ampost #2152 of 215366/23/12 at 3:05ampost #2153 of 215366/23/12 at 3:09am
So will the M-100 be as bassheavy as the M-80? I ordered some days ago a V-Moda M-80 and a Beyerdynamic DT 1350 and like the last one quite more beacuse its more neutral. The M-80 has too much bass for me...post #2154 of 215366/23/12 at 3:59amQuote:Originally Posted by valkolton
Scar is always a great word, reminds me of one of my fav book/songs "scar tissue"...
I vote some iteration of "Scar"... love Veteran too and it looks a bit like "Veneto" or "Venezia" when I speed-read the letters quickly.
Curious, anybody here own a HD650 that plans on getting a M-100? I have some qs for you. Don't worry, we aren't trying to copy the HD650 at all, thats not how we roll. However, it is one of the few headphones I have with me on this trip to calibrate the community expectations to.
I own a HD 650 and love it, please fire away any questions!post #2155 of 215366/23/12 at 3:59amQuote:
To be honest, I don't think you'll like them at all then.
You seem to like bass light headphones, as the M80 was considered neutral by many on Head-Fi. The M100 aims for a fuller neutral sound signature, with a bit more bass.post #2156 of 215366/23/12 at 4:40amQuote:
I don't think it's just a bit more bass. Val posted how much of a bass boost the m-100 will have.
I consider those as bass heavy.post #2157 of 215366/23/12 at 5:53ampost #2158 of 215366/23/12 at 6:14am
Letter phonetic letter A Alpha B Bravo C Charlie D Delta E Echo F Foxtrot G Golf H Hotel I India J Juliet K Kilo L Lima M Mike N November O Oscar P Papa Q Quebec R Romeo S Sierra T Tango U Uniform V Victor W Whiskey X X-ray Y Yankee Z Zulu
Letter phonetic letter A Adams B Boston C Chicago D Denver E Easy F Frank G George H Henry I Ida J John K King L Lincoln M Mary N New York O Ocean P Peter Q Queen R Roger S Sugar T Thomas U Union V Victor W William X X-ray Y Young Z Zero
Edited by our martin - 6/23/12 at 6:24ampost #2159 of 215366/23/12 at 6:25am
Well, we definitely all hear the differently. I don't consider the bass to be heavy at all on the M80. There is certainly a bit of a bass hump. But some people are rather sensitive to low end where as others are sensitive to high end. I would think that t the highs of the M100 will be very much like the M80. All the VModa's are purposely rolled off at the top end due to hearing loss issues. I would have preferred the M80 to be a little more crisp...but love them other than that.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 31 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 35 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 56 seconds ago
- › NOT in-ear earphones help 59 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015) 1 minute ago
- › how many of you guys cook??? 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › WAV Sounds The Best 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2