V-MODA Scars (Model Number: S-100) ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Brainwavz being based in Hongkong is quite known for its well set-up line of Accessories and IEMs. Back in the day, I was fairly active in modding my still beloved...
On my quest for the perfect sounding IEM for mobile use I came across these headphones that are rather underrepresented in the forum. The Panasonic RP-HDE10 are technically quite interesting...
I bought the SMSL sApII as a stop-gap after my Little Dot MKIII failed after 5 years of use, five hours a day. No complaints there! I just don't have the money to upgrade just now! I have invested...
Introduction: Lend Me UR ears, based in Singapore is an online and physical store that opened in December 2011 with a goal to “bring quality audio products to the masses and providing good...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 144post #2146 of 227986/22/12 at 10:28pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2147 of 227986/22/12 at 10:38pm
Glad to hear of it word first Val! I will still be getting a pair of Shadow's once you are ready to start firing these at us!
Also for names..
"Violet Hearted" (A reference to the Purple Heart)
I could keep coming up with more, but its 1:40 in the morning! Maybe I will have some better ones in the morning..
I JUST THOUGHT OF ANOTHER ONE!
"THE WORN VETERANS"
Edited by The Doctor - 6/22/12 at 10:51pmpost #2148 of 227986/22/12 at 10:43pmpost #2149 of 227986/22/12 at 10:44pm
That's two for Vetrans.
Also, Val - you missed a question before: Any new colors being released alongside these?
Edited by BRSxIgnition - 6/22/12 at 11:00pmpost #2150 of 227986/23/12 at 1:34amQuote:
Cool! The best news I heard so far haha! Seems like both my own testing and all the evaluations you did with M100 came to similar conclusions. ^^ Yea 8~9dB seems to be optimal, I'm very intrigued now. :P
About the colors, personally I'm happy with Shadow theme rather than Gunmetal theme, the LP2 I bought I thought looked quite nice but yea looking at the Shadow themed M80 I envy their looks. :P
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 6/23/12 at 1:36ampost #2151 of 227986/23/12 at 1:57ampost #2152 of 227986/23/12 at 3:05ampost #2153 of 227986/23/12 at 3:09am
So will the M-100 be as bassheavy as the M-80? I ordered some days ago a V-Moda M-80 and a Beyerdynamic DT 1350 and like the last one quite more beacuse its more neutral. The M-80 has too much bass for me...post #2154 of 227986/23/12 at 3:59amQuote:Originally Posted by valkolton
Scar is always a great word, reminds me of one of my fav book/songs "scar tissue"...
I vote some iteration of "Scar"... love Veteran too and it looks a bit like "Veneto" or "Venezia" when I speed-read the letters quickly.
Curious, anybody here own a HD650 that plans on getting a M-100? I have some qs for you. Don't worry, we aren't trying to copy the HD650 at all, thats not how we roll. However, it is one of the few headphones I have with me on this trip to calibrate the community expectations to.
I own a HD 650 and love it, please fire away any questions!post #2155 of 227986/23/12 at 3:59amQuote:
To be honest, I don't think you'll like them at all then.
You seem to like bass light headphones, as the M80 was considered neutral by many on Head-Fi. The M100 aims for a fuller neutral sound signature, with a bit more bass.post #2156 of 227986/23/12 at 4:40amQuote:
I don't think it's just a bit more bass. Val posted how much of a bass boost the m-100 will have.
I consider those as bass heavy.post #2157 of 227986/23/12 at 5:53ampost #2158 of 227986/23/12 at 6:14am
Letter phonetic letter A Alpha B Bravo C Charlie D Delta E Echo F Foxtrot G Golf H Hotel I India J Juliet K Kilo L Lima M Mike N November O Oscar P Papa Q Quebec R Romeo S Sierra T Tango U Uniform V Victor W Whiskey X X-ray Y Yankee Z Zulu
Letter phonetic letter A Adams B Boston C Chicago D Denver E Easy F Frank G George H Henry I Ida J John K King L Lincoln M Mary N New York O Ocean P Peter Q Queen R Roger S Sugar T Thomas U Union V Victor W William X X-ray Y Young Z Zero
Edited by our martin - 6/23/12 at 6:24ampost #2159 of 227986/23/12 at 6:25am
Well, we definitely all hear the differently. I don't consider the bass to be heavy at all on the M80. There is certainly a bit of a bass hump. But some people are rather sensitive to low end where as others are sensitive to high end. I would think that t the highs of the M100 will be very much like the M80. All the VModa's are purposely rolled off at the top end due to hearing loss issues. I would have preferred the M80 to be a little more crisp...but love them other than that.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs ) 1 minute ago
- › Recommendations needed: ANC headphones that offer options to turn... 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 5 minutes ago
- › New Sennheiser Momentum In ear 6 minutes ago
- › Review tour for SOUNDAWARE 2016M1 / M1Pro(femto)... 7 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 8 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 9 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...