V-MODA Scars (Model Number: S-100) ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
Purchase link:http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TC200/32633785024.html I was a strong believer that the more expensive the headphones are the better they sound. After hearing Earbell (or Mrice) E100,...
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
Most people hate this headphone because of annoying treble spike and low mid treble but if just need to tweek EQ to see its potential.
overall great headphone at its price.
Disclaimer: The Meze 99 Classics were send to me as part of their European Tour. Impression are based on around a week of intensive usage. Preamble: First of all, welcome to another review here...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 144post #2146 of 225326/22/12 at 10:28pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2147 of 225326/22/12 at 10:38pm
Glad to hear of it word first Val! I will still be getting a pair of Shadow's once you are ready to start firing these at us!
Also for names..
"Violet Hearted" (A reference to the Purple Heart)
I could keep coming up with more, but its 1:40 in the morning! Maybe I will have some better ones in the morning..
I JUST THOUGHT OF ANOTHER ONE!
"THE WORN VETERANS"
Edited by The Doctor - 6/22/12 at 10:51pmpost #2148 of 225326/22/12 at 10:43pmpost #2149 of 225326/22/12 at 10:44pm
That's two for Vetrans.
Also, Val - you missed a question before: Any new colors being released alongside these?
Edited by BRSxIgnition - 6/22/12 at 11:00pmpost #2150 of 225326/23/12 at 1:34amQuote:
Cool! The best news I heard so far haha! Seems like both my own testing and all the evaluations you did with M100 came to similar conclusions. ^^ Yea 8~9dB seems to be optimal, I'm very intrigued now. :P
About the colors, personally I'm happy with Shadow theme rather than Gunmetal theme, the LP2 I bought I thought looked quite nice but yea looking at the Shadow themed M80 I envy their looks. :P
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 6/23/12 at 1:36ampost #2151 of 225326/23/12 at 1:57ampost #2152 of 225326/23/12 at 3:05ampost #2153 of 225326/23/12 at 3:09am
So will the M-100 be as bassheavy as the M-80? I ordered some days ago a V-Moda M-80 and a Beyerdynamic DT 1350 and like the last one quite more beacuse its more neutral. The M-80 has too much bass for me...post #2154 of 225326/23/12 at 3:59amQuote:Originally Posted by valkolton
Scar is always a great word, reminds me of one of my fav book/songs "scar tissue"...
I vote some iteration of "Scar"... love Veteran too and it looks a bit like "Veneto" or "Venezia" when I speed-read the letters quickly.
Curious, anybody here own a HD650 that plans on getting a M-100? I have some qs for you. Don't worry, we aren't trying to copy the HD650 at all, thats not how we roll. However, it is one of the few headphones I have with me on this trip to calibrate the community expectations to.
I own a HD 650 and love it, please fire away any questions!post #2155 of 225326/23/12 at 3:59amQuote:
To be honest, I don't think you'll like them at all then.
You seem to like bass light headphones, as the M80 was considered neutral by many on Head-Fi. The M100 aims for a fuller neutral sound signature, with a bit more bass.post #2156 of 225326/23/12 at 4:40amQuote:
I don't think it's just a bit more bass. Val posted how much of a bass boost the m-100 will have.
I consider those as bass heavy.post #2157 of 225326/23/12 at 5:53ampost #2158 of 225326/23/12 at 6:14am
Letter phonetic letter A Alpha B Bravo C Charlie D Delta E Echo F Foxtrot G Golf H Hotel I India J Juliet K Kilo L Lima M Mike N November O Oscar P Papa Q Quebec R Romeo S Sierra T Tango U Uniform V Victor W Whiskey X X-ray Y Yankee Z Zulu
Letter phonetic letter A Adams B Boston C Chicago D Denver E Easy F Frank G George H Henry I Ida J John K King L Lincoln M Mary N New York O Ocean P Peter Q Queen R Roger S Sugar T Thomas U Union V Victor W William X X-ray Y Young Z Zero
Edited by our martin - 6/23/12 at 6:24ampost #2159 of 225326/23/12 at 6:25am
Well, we definitely all hear the differently. I don't consider the bass to be heavy at all on the M80. There is certainly a bit of a bass hump. But some people are rather sensitive to low end where as others are sensitive to high end. I would think that t the highs of the M100 will be very much like the M80. All the VModa's are purposely rolled off at the top end due to hearing loss issues. I would have preferred the M80 to be a little more crisp...but love them other than that.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 29 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 7 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 8 minutes ago
- › The top bang-for-the-buck earbuds from FiiO,EM3 review recruitment... 8 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 10 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 11 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › FS: Sennheiser IE800 with RCS800 Cable 12 minutes ago
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by twister6
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › Dunu TITAN 3 by mark2410
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Decommo
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse