Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 144

post #2146 of 20988

V-MODA Scars (Model Number: S-100) ?

post #2147 of 20988

Glad to hear of it word first Val! I will still be getting a pair of Shadow's once you are ready to start firing these at us!
 

 

Also for names..

 

"Shell Shocked"

"Renegades"

"Violet Hearted" (A reference to the Purple Heart)

"War Torn"

 

 

I could keep coming up with more, but its 1:40 in the morning! Maybe I will have some better ones in the morning..

 

 

I JUST THOUGHT OF ANOTHER ONE!

 

"THE WORN VETERANS"


Edited by The Doctor - 6/22/12 at 10:51pm
post #2148 of 20988

Scared, Retired (Veterans)?

post #2149 of 20988
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

Scared, Retired (Veterans)?

That's two for Vetrans.

 

Also, Val - you missed a question before: Any new colors being released alongside these?


Edited by BRSxIgnition - 6/22/12 at 11:00pm
post #2150 of 20988
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post

 

Wow, we are right there as it is 8dB from its bass peak at 100hZ to 1kHz and it is 9dB from 100hZ to 2kHz!  PERFETTO.  8 is my lucky number.   

 

Cool! The best news I heard so far haha! Seems like both my own testing and all the evaluations you did with M100 came to similar conclusions. ^^ Yea 8~9dB seems to be optimal, I'm very intrigued now. :P

 

About the colors, personally I'm happy with Shadow theme rather than Gunmetal theme, the LP2 I bought I thought looked quite nice but yea looking at the Shadow themed M80 I envy their looks. :P


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 6/23/12 at 1:36am
post #2151 of 20988

If you had an arctic combat camo design for your shields, I'd pick that up without hesitation.  I couldn't find a good example at the moment but here's the idea. 

 

 

arctic_camouflage.jpg

post #2152 of 20988
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post


We need a name for the units that go through destructive testing, any ideas?  

 

the eXpendables.... lol

post #2153 of 20988

So will the M-100 be as bassheavy as the M-80? I ordered some days ago a V-Moda M-80 and a Beyerdynamic DT 1350 and like the last one quite more beacuse its more neutral. The M-80 has too much bass for me...

post #2154 of 20988
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post

 

Scar is always a great word, reminds me of one of my fav book/songs "scar tissue"...

 

I vote some iteration of "Scar"... love Veteran too and it looks a bit like "Veneto" or "Venezia" when I speed-read the letters quickly.

 

HD650 Owners?

Curious, anybody here own a HD650 that plans on getting a M-100?  I have some qs for you. Don't worry, we aren't trying to copy the HD650 at all, thats not how we roll.  However, it is one of the few headphones I have with me on this trip to calibrate the community expectations to.

I own a HD 650 and love it, please fire away any questions!

post #2155 of 20988
Quote:
Originally Posted by INS4Ne View Post

So will the M-100 be as bassheavy as the M-80? I ordered some days ago a V-Moda M-80 and a Beyerdynamic DT 1350 and like the last one quite more beacuse its more neutral. The M-80 has too much bass for me...

To be honest, I don't think you'll like them at all then.

You seem to like bass light headphones, as the M80 was considered neutral by many on Head-Fi. The M100 aims for a fuller neutral sound signature, with a bit more bass.
post #2156 of 20988
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post


To be honest, I don't think you'll like them at all then.
You seem to like bass light headphones, as the M80 was considered neutral by many on Head-Fi. The M100 aims for a fuller neutral sound signature, with a bit more bass.


I don't think it's just a bit more bass. Val posted how much of a bass boost the m-100 will have.

I consider those as bass heavy.

post #2157 of 20988

What a shame... I really liked the M-80, but the sound signature was just not my cup of tea - too bassy and the highs were not crisp enough. So how will the highs sound at the M-100?

post #2158 of 20988
Letter phonetic letter
A Alpha
B Bravo
C Charlie
D Delta
E Echo
F Foxtrot
G Golf
H Hotel
I India
J Juliet
K Kilo
L Lima
M Mike
N November
O Oscar
P Papa
Q Quebec
R Romeo
S Sierra
T Tango
U Uniform
V Victor
W Whiskey
X X-ray
Y Yankee
Z Zulu

something scar?

Letter phonetic letter
A Adams
B Boston
C Chicago
D Denver
E Easy
F Frank
G George
H Henry
I Ida
J John
K King
L Lincoln
M Mary
N New York
O Ocean
P Peter
Q Queen
R Roger
S Sugar
T Thomas
U Union
V Victor
W William
X X-ray
Y Young
Z Zero          

Edited by our martin - 6/23/12 at 6:24am
post #2159 of 20988

Well, we definitely all hear the differently.  I don't consider the bass to be heavy at all on the M80.  There is certainly a bit of a  bass hump.  But some people are rather sensitive to low end where as others are sensitive to high end.  I would think that t the highs of the M100 will be very much like the M80.  All the VModa's are purposely rolled off at the top end due to hearing loss issues.  I would have preferred the M80 to be a little more crisp...but love them other than that. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by INS4Ne View Post

What a shame... I really liked the M-80, but the sound signature was just not my cup of tea - too bassy and the highs were not crisp enough. So how will the highs sound at the M-100?

post #2160 of 20988
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsupremous View Post

Well, we definitely all hear the differently.  I don't consider the bass to be heavy at all on the M80.  There is certainly a bit of a  bass hump.  But some people are rather sensitive to low end where as others are sensitive to high end.  I would think that t the highs of the M100 will be very much like the M80.  All the VModa's are purposely rolled off at the top end due to hearing loss issues.  I would have preferred the M80 to be a little more crisp...but love them other than that. 

 

 


Interesting.  I think the bass is somewhat bloated on the M-80, it's certainly not tight and controlled.  And when you couple that with it being rolled off up top, I can see why it may appear bassy to some.  I'm sure the M-100's will improve on comfort moving to a circumaural design, but unless they tighten up the bass and add even just a little more detail, it's the same ol' same ol' (soft) mediocre headphones.


Edited by Gclef - 6/23/12 at 7:54am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.