V-MODA Scars (Model Number: S-100) ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
Every now and then I get a pleasant surprise in the form of an email inquiring about my interest in reviewing a product. And this was most certainly the case with Unique Innovation...
FiiO x5iii Many times, there is trepidation when you sign up for a possible tour review, at least for me. Your hope is to not only be chosen, but to give an open honest review, under the...
I would like to thank Gibson Innovations for the opportunity to review the H900M. Above: H900M top, A800 below Above: H900M Before I begin,...
Yet again (with several more to soon follow), I find myself owing a great deal of thanks (and at this point...
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 144post #2146 of 230026/22/12 at 10:28pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2147 of 230026/22/12 at 10:38pm
Glad to hear of it word first Val! I will still be getting a pair of Shadow's once you are ready to start firing these at us!
Also for names..
"Violet Hearted" (A reference to the Purple Heart)
I could keep coming up with more, but its 1:40 in the morning! Maybe I will have some better ones in the morning..
I JUST THOUGHT OF ANOTHER ONE!
"THE WORN VETERANS"
Edited by The Doctor - 6/22/12 at 10:51pmpost #2148 of 230026/22/12 at 10:43pmpost #2149 of 230026/22/12 at 10:44pm
That's two for Vetrans.
Also, Val - you missed a question before: Any new colors being released alongside these?
Edited by BRSxIgnition - 6/22/12 at 11:00pmpost #2150 of 230026/23/12 at 1:34amQuote:
Cool! The best news I heard so far haha! Seems like both my own testing and all the evaluations you did with M100 came to similar conclusions. ^^ Yea 8~9dB seems to be optimal, I'm very intrigued now. :P
About the colors, personally I'm happy with Shadow theme rather than Gunmetal theme, the LP2 I bought I thought looked quite nice but yea looking at the Shadow themed M80 I envy their looks. :P
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 6/23/12 at 1:36ampost #2151 of 230026/23/12 at 1:57ampost #2152 of 230026/23/12 at 3:05ampost #2153 of 230026/23/12 at 3:09am
So will the M-100 be as bassheavy as the M-80? I ordered some days ago a V-Moda M-80 and a Beyerdynamic DT 1350 and like the last one quite more beacuse its more neutral. The M-80 has too much bass for me...post #2154 of 230026/23/12 at 3:59amQuote:Originally Posted by valkolton
Scar is always a great word, reminds me of one of my fav book/songs "scar tissue"...
I vote some iteration of "Scar"... love Veteran too and it looks a bit like "Veneto" or "Venezia" when I speed-read the letters quickly.
Curious, anybody here own a HD650 that plans on getting a M-100? I have some qs for you. Don't worry, we aren't trying to copy the HD650 at all, thats not how we roll. However, it is one of the few headphones I have with me on this trip to calibrate the community expectations to.
I own a HD 650 and love it, please fire away any questions!post #2155 of 230026/23/12 at 3:59amQuote:
To be honest, I don't think you'll like them at all then.
You seem to like bass light headphones, as the M80 was considered neutral by many on Head-Fi. The M100 aims for a fuller neutral sound signature, with a bit more bass.post #2156 of 230026/23/12 at 4:40amQuote:
I don't think it's just a bit more bass. Val posted how much of a bass boost the m-100 will have.
I consider those as bass heavy.post #2157 of 230026/23/12 at 5:53ampost #2158 of 230026/23/12 at 6:14am
Letter phonetic letter A Alpha B Bravo C Charlie D Delta E Echo F Foxtrot G Golf H Hotel I India J Juliet K Kilo L Lima M Mike N November O Oscar P Papa Q Quebec R Romeo S Sierra T Tango U Uniform V Victor W Whiskey X X-ray Y Yankee Z Zulu
Letter phonetic letter A Adams B Boston C Chicago D Denver E Easy F Frank G George H Henry I Ida J John K King L Lincoln M Mary N New York O Ocean P Peter Q Queen R Roger S Sugar T Thomas U Union V Victor W William X X-ray Y Young Z Zero
Edited by our martin - 6/23/12 at 6:24ampost #2159 of 230026/23/12 at 6:25am
Well, we definitely all hear the differently. I don't consider the bass to be heavy at all on the M80. There is certainly a bit of a bass hump. But some people are rather sensitive to low end where as others are sensitive to high end. I would think that t the highs of the M100 will be very much like the M80. All the VModa's are purposely rolled off at the top end due to hearing loss issues. I would have preferred the M80 to be a little more crisp...but love them other than that.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Portable AMP or DAC? 39 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sonore microRendu Music Streamer impressions 1 minute ago
- › Keep 650's or upgrade to Elear or better amp? 2 minutes ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 2 minutes ago
- › Mitchell & Johnson - Electrostatz, 2 way hybrid, Headphones... 2 minutes ago
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › UITaudio PMP-354P by Army-Firedawg
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear