V-MODA Scars (Model Number: S-100) ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 7/3/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 144post #2146 of 210636/22/12 at 10:28pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2147 of 210636/22/12 at 10:38pm
Glad to hear of it word first Val! I will still be getting a pair of Shadow's once you are ready to start firing these at us!
Also for names..
"Violet Hearted" (A reference to the Purple Heart)
I could keep coming up with more, but its 1:40 in the morning! Maybe I will have some better ones in the morning..
I JUST THOUGHT OF ANOTHER ONE!
"THE WORN VETERANS"
Edited by The Doctor - 6/22/12 at 10:51pmpost #2148 of 210636/22/12 at 10:43pmpost #2149 of 210636/22/12 at 10:44pm
That's two for Vetrans.
Also, Val - you missed a question before: Any new colors being released alongside these?
Edited by BRSxIgnition - 6/22/12 at 11:00pmpost #2150 of 210636/23/12 at 1:34amQuote:
Cool! The best news I heard so far haha! Seems like both my own testing and all the evaluations you did with M100 came to similar conclusions. ^^ Yea 8~9dB seems to be optimal, I'm very intrigued now. :P
About the colors, personally I'm happy with Shadow theme rather than Gunmetal theme, the LP2 I bought I thought looked quite nice but yea looking at the Shadow themed M80 I envy their looks. :P
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 6/23/12 at 1:36ampost #2151 of 210636/23/12 at 1:57ampost #2152 of 210636/23/12 at 3:05ampost #2153 of 210636/23/12 at 3:09am
So will the M-100 be as bassheavy as the M-80? I ordered some days ago a V-Moda M-80 and a Beyerdynamic DT 1350 and like the last one quite more beacuse its more neutral. The M-80 has too much bass for me...post #2154 of 210636/23/12 at 3:59amQuote:Originally Posted by valkolton
Scar is always a great word, reminds me of one of my fav book/songs "scar tissue"...
I vote some iteration of "Scar"... love Veteran too and it looks a bit like "Veneto" or "Venezia" when I speed-read the letters quickly.
Curious, anybody here own a HD650 that plans on getting a M-100? I have some qs for you. Don't worry, we aren't trying to copy the HD650 at all, thats not how we roll. However, it is one of the few headphones I have with me on this trip to calibrate the community expectations to.
I own a HD 650 and love it, please fire away any questions!post #2155 of 210636/23/12 at 3:59amQuote:
To be honest, I don't think you'll like them at all then.
You seem to like bass light headphones, as the M80 was considered neutral by many on Head-Fi. The M100 aims for a fuller neutral sound signature, with a bit more bass.post #2156 of 210636/23/12 at 4:40amQuote:
I don't think it's just a bit more bass. Val posted how much of a bass boost the m-100 will have.
I consider those as bass heavy.post #2157 of 210636/23/12 at 5:53ampost #2158 of 210636/23/12 at 6:14am
Letter phonetic letter A Alpha B Bravo C Charlie D Delta E Echo F Foxtrot G Golf H Hotel I India J Juliet K Kilo L Lima M Mike N November O Oscar P Papa Q Quebec R Romeo S Sierra T Tango U Uniform V Victor W Whiskey X X-ray Y Yankee Z Zulu
Letter phonetic letter A Adams B Boston C Chicago D Denver E Easy F Frank G George H Henry I Ida J John K King L Lincoln M Mary N New York O Ocean P Peter Q Queen R Roger S Sugar T Thomas U Union V Victor W William X X-ray Y Young Z Zero
Edited by our martin - 6/23/12 at 6:24ampost #2159 of 210636/23/12 at 6:25am
Well, we definitely all hear the differently. I don't consider the bass to be heavy at all on the M80. There is certainly a bit of a bass hump. But some people are rather sensitive to low end where as others are sensitive to high end. I would think that t the highs of the M100 will be very much like the M80. All the VModa's are purposely rolled off at the top end due to hearing loss issues. I would have preferred the M80 to be a little more crisp...but love them other than that.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Brainwavz HM5 Pads, Audeze LCD 2 Pads, Hifiman Focal Pads, Shure... 28 seconds ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › IC: New England Headfi Meet - late June 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a 2.1 powered speaker setup for my computer, to be used... 2 minutes ago
- › New Ultrasone Edition 5 hinted in the Fujiya Avice Autumn Festival... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado GS1000 GS-1000 GS1 GS1K [ Official Customer Satisfaction/... 6 minutes ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 6 minutes ago
- › Pioneer SE-A1000 Appreciation Club ( Sennheiser HD 650 for $45?) 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)