As I understand it, the V-Moda headphones like the M80, LP2 and the M100 are semi-open instead of closed, so there's some isolation lost there in exchange for a better sound and more soundstage. I think that's what the vents on the ear cups are for.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
https://store.thinksound.com/ I would like to give a hearty thanks to Thinksound's Aaron Fournier for reaching out to me for this review. I was provided with a review sample of the ON2...
This is a review of the Burson Audio Cable+ RCA to RCA active cable. The Burson Audio Cable+ was sent to me by Burson Audio for me as a loaner unit to test it out, thanks to Burson Audio for...
Most people balk at spending more than $20 on a pair of headphones, given the disposable history of a typical portable consumer headphones for the past 35 years. Music lovers who do invest in a...
It’s Black Friday, and what’s more black than to buy a good pair of headphones for your favorite rocker or metalhead. Today the headphone audiophile community is buzzing about what may become a...
The evolution of headphones has been fascinating to watch over the years. Pretty much everyone aged 50 and younger has grown up using headphones, and have owned many, many pairs. Some may remember...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 141post #2101 of 228056/22/12 at 12:41pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2102 of 228056/22/12 at 1:58pmpost #2103 of 228056/22/12 at 2:18pmpost #2104 of 228056/22/12 at 2:37pmpost #2105 of 228056/22/12 at 2:38pmQuote:
Fabric that covers the vents? Do you mean the fabric inside the earcups that sits over the grill that houses the drivers?post #2106 of 228056/22/12 at 2:40pmQuote:
Not sure but I remember seeing some kind of cloth over the vent holes on the inside just beneath the shield. Never removed the shield to check. It looked like as it would have been attached to the shield itself.post #2107 of 228056/22/12 at 2:42pm
Hmm... I have the V-80s and I swapped my shields for some custom ones. Didn't notice any fabric on mine. It was just the plastic earcup with the same 3 vents you see from outside the shield. I've never handled a LP/LP2 before, though.post #2108 of 228056/22/12 at 2:48pmQuote:
Wait wait wait - Plastic?post #2109 of 228056/22/12 at 2:49pm
What do people think will be more comfortable for wearing around the neck (as in when not in use) the M100/LP2 or the M80? The M80 as its smaller?
Edited by danny93 - 6/22/12 at 2:52pmpost #2110 of 228056/22/12 at 2:53pm
Yes. Have you ever used a V-MODA headphone? It's mostly metal - steelflex headband, metal arms, metal shields - but the earcups are plastic.post #2111 of 228056/22/12 at 2:54pmQuote:
The M-80 for sure. Val even said this a while back. Just makes logical sense. Bigger cups = less neck room.post #2112 of 228056/22/12 at 2:56pmQuote:The entire cup? I was under the impression that 99% of the headphone was metal - I've never owned a V-Moda before...
They better sound amazing.post #2113 of 228056/22/12 at 3:02pmQuote:
Well, imagine how heavy a full-sized, 50mm, circumaural headphone would be if it was entirely made out of metal. Bye-bye head/neck comfort. From my experiences with my V-80, it would take a lot to damage them beyond minor scuffs and scrapes. Heck, someone posted in the M-80 thread a while back that his mom ran over his M-80s with a CAR! Bent the metal arms all out of shape. Luckily, his dad works with metal and welded/soldered it back into wearable form and they still played just fine. Imagine that happening with any other headphone. (Beats Solo HDs, anyone?)post #2114 of 228056/22/12 at 3:15pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › pristine LCD2.2 pre fazor rosewood for trade HE6 TH900 8 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA-8 13 minutes ago
- › Fostex / Massdrop THC-X00 mahogany [AUS] 14 minutes ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA8 Review - Head-Fi TV 21 minutes ago
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Dsnuts
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by peter123
- › BeyerDynamic DT 1990 PRO 250 Ohm Open Studio Headphones (710490) by Fastnbulbous
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by Fastnbulbous
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Fastnbulbous
- › 1MORE MK801 Over-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...