As I understand it, the V-Moda headphones like the M80, LP2 and the M100 are semi-open instead of closed, so there's some isolation lost there in exchange for a better sound and more soundstage. I think that's what the vents on the ear cups are for.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 141
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2102 of 213726/22/12 at 1:58pmpost #2103 of 213726/22/12 at 2:18pmpost #2104 of 213726/22/12 at 2:37pmpost #2105 of 213726/22/12 at 2:38pmQuote:
Fabric that covers the vents? Do you mean the fabric inside the earcups that sits over the grill that houses the drivers?post #2106 of 213726/22/12 at 2:40pmQuote:
Not sure but I remember seeing some kind of cloth over the vent holes on the inside just beneath the shield. Never removed the shield to check. It looked like as it would have been attached to the shield itself.post #2107 of 213726/22/12 at 2:42pm
Hmm... I have the V-80s and I swapped my shields for some custom ones. Didn't notice any fabric on mine. It was just the plastic earcup with the same 3 vents you see from outside the shield. I've never handled a LP/LP2 before, though.post #2108 of 213726/22/12 at 2:48pmQuote:
Wait wait wait - Plastic?post #2109 of 213726/22/12 at 2:49pm
What do people think will be more comfortable for wearing around the neck (as in when not in use) the M100/LP2 or the M80? The M80 as its smaller?
Edited by danny93 - 6/22/12 at 2:52pmpost #2110 of 213726/22/12 at 2:53pm
Yes. Have you ever used a V-MODA headphone? It's mostly metal - steelflex headband, metal arms, metal shields - but the earcups are plastic.post #2111 of 213726/22/12 at 2:54pmQuote:
The M-80 for sure. Val even said this a while back. Just makes logical sense. Bigger cups = less neck room.post #2112 of 213726/22/12 at 2:56pmQuote:The entire cup? I was under the impression that 99% of the headphone was metal - I've never owned a V-Moda before...
They better sound amazing.post #2113 of 213726/22/12 at 3:02pmQuote:
Well, imagine how heavy a full-sized, 50mm, circumaural headphone would be if it was entirely made out of metal. Bye-bye head/neck comfort. From my experiences with my V-80, it would take a lot to damage them beyond minor scuffs and scrapes. Heck, someone posted in the M-80 thread a while back that his mom ran over his M-80s with a CAR! Bent the metal arms all out of shape. Luckily, his dad works with metal and welded/soldered it back into wearable form and they still played just fine. Imagine that happening with any other headphone. (Beats Solo HDs, anyone?)post #2114 of 213726/22/12 at 3:15pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 21 seconds ago
- › How to play dsd files??? 33 seconds ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › FOSTEX TH 900 !!BRANDNEW! 3 minutes ago
- › In search for balanced sounding eaphones in 50-100€ range 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 7 minutes ago
- › First Time Dap Buyer needs your help. ^_^ 8 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 9 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3