As I understand it, the V-Moda headphones like the M80, LP2 and the M100 are semi-open instead of closed, so there's some isolation lost there in exchange for a better sound and more soundstage. I think that's what the vents on the ear cups are for.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
The E5 is so close to being a giant killer but it has a few major flaws in my opinion. This is a technically oriented review. I like neutral sound signatures and bit perfect playback. I don't...
"Massdrop Blue Box - NuForce HEM IEMs" special drop pricing = $169.99*; Actual MSRP = $399.00 (I joined the drop on Massdrop and received the HEM6; LINK. You can find these and the other...
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
-- I give you Lend Me UR Ears house brand Alpha & Delta D2 Sports Earphone: **A few Disclaimers to get out of the way here**: #1 – I was approached by Lend Me UR Ears to review the...
I really like the t-90; I have had them for about two months and really enjoy the brightness. I also have the T70p and the t-5p second gen. I like the t70p better than anything so far. The t 90...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 141post #2101 of 225396/22/12 at 12:41pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2102 of 225396/22/12 at 1:58pmpost #2103 of 225396/22/12 at 2:18pmpost #2104 of 225396/22/12 at 2:37pmpost #2105 of 225396/22/12 at 2:38pmQuote:
Fabric that covers the vents? Do you mean the fabric inside the earcups that sits over the grill that houses the drivers?post #2106 of 225396/22/12 at 2:40pmQuote:
Not sure but I remember seeing some kind of cloth over the vent holes on the inside just beneath the shield. Never removed the shield to check. It looked like as it would have been attached to the shield itself.post #2107 of 225396/22/12 at 2:42pm
Hmm... I have the V-80s and I swapped my shields for some custom ones. Didn't notice any fabric on mine. It was just the plastic earcup with the same 3 vents you see from outside the shield. I've never handled a LP/LP2 before, though.post #2108 of 225396/22/12 at 2:48pmQuote:
Wait wait wait - Plastic?post #2109 of 225396/22/12 at 2:49pm
What do people think will be more comfortable for wearing around the neck (as in when not in use) the M100/LP2 or the M80? The M80 as its smaller?
Edited by danny93 - 6/22/12 at 2:52pmpost #2110 of 225396/22/12 at 2:53pm
Yes. Have you ever used a V-MODA headphone? It's mostly metal - steelflex headband, metal arms, metal shields - but the earcups are plastic.post #2111 of 225396/22/12 at 2:54pmQuote:
The M-80 for sure. Val even said this a while back. Just makes logical sense. Bigger cups = less neck room.post #2112 of 225396/22/12 at 2:56pmQuote:The entire cup? I was under the impression that 99% of the headphone was metal - I've never owned a V-Moda before...
They better sound amazing.post #2113 of 225396/22/12 at 3:02pmQuote:
Well, imagine how heavy a full-sized, 50mm, circumaural headphone would be if it was entirely made out of metal. Bye-bye head/neck comfort. From my experiences with my V-80, it would take a lot to damage them beyond minor scuffs and scrapes. Heck, someone posted in the M-80 thread a while back that his mom ran over his M-80s with a CAR! Bent the metal arms all out of shape. Luckily, his dad works with metal and welded/soldered it back into wearable form and they still played just fine. Imagine that happening with any other headphone. (Beats Solo HDs, anyone?)post #2114 of 225396/22/12 at 3:15pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 11 seconds ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 1 minute ago
- › A $70 Bit-Perfect Audio Player? 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio iCan Micro (with DIP switches) 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Klipsch X10 Headphone Jack Plug Repair UK 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 or K240 MK II? 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by vapman
- › NuForce HEM6 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Triple... by Hi-Fi EDU
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse