As I understand it, the V-Moda headphones like the M80, LP2 and the M100 are semi-open instead of closed, so there's some isolation lost there in exchange for a better sound and more soundstage. I think that's what the vents on the ear cups are for.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 141
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2102 of 214816/22/12 at 1:58pmpost #2103 of 214816/22/12 at 2:18pmpost #2104 of 214816/22/12 at 2:37pmpost #2105 of 214816/22/12 at 2:38pmQuote:
Fabric that covers the vents? Do you mean the fabric inside the earcups that sits over the grill that houses the drivers?post #2106 of 214816/22/12 at 2:40pmQuote:
Not sure but I remember seeing some kind of cloth over the vent holes on the inside just beneath the shield. Never removed the shield to check. It looked like as it would have been attached to the shield itself.post #2107 of 214816/22/12 at 2:42pm
Hmm... I have the V-80s and I swapped my shields for some custom ones. Didn't notice any fabric on mine. It was just the plastic earcup with the same 3 vents you see from outside the shield. I've never handled a LP/LP2 before, though.post #2108 of 214816/22/12 at 2:48pmQuote:
Wait wait wait - Plastic?post #2109 of 214816/22/12 at 2:49pm
What do people think will be more comfortable for wearing around the neck (as in when not in use) the M100/LP2 or the M80? The M80 as its smaller?
Edited by danny93 - 6/22/12 at 2:52pmpost #2110 of 214816/22/12 at 2:53pm
Yes. Have you ever used a V-MODA headphone? It's mostly metal - steelflex headband, metal arms, metal shields - but the earcups are plastic.post #2111 of 214816/22/12 at 2:54pmQuote:
The M-80 for sure. Val even said this a while back. Just makes logical sense. Bigger cups = less neck room.post #2112 of 214816/22/12 at 2:56pmQuote:The entire cup? I was under the impression that 99% of the headphone was metal - I've never owned a V-Moda before...
They better sound amazing.post #2113 of 214816/22/12 at 3:02pmQuote:
Well, imagine how heavy a full-sized, 50mm, circumaural headphone would be if it was entirely made out of metal. Bye-bye head/neck comfort. From my experiences with my V-80, it would take a lot to damage them beyond minor scuffs and scrapes. Heck, someone posted in the M-80 thread a while back that his mom ran over his M-80s with a CAR! Bent the metal arms all out of shape. Luckily, his dad works with metal and welded/soldered it back into wearable form and they still played just fine. Imagine that happening with any other headphone. (Beats Solo HDs, anyone?)post #2114 of 214816/22/12 at 3:15pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Which is more airy? HD600-650 18 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 30 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 32 seconds ago
- › High End Bluetooth Headphones 43 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) 59 seconds ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › In-ears for female friend under $100? 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3