As I understand it, the V-Moda headphones like the M80, LP2 and the M100 are semi-open instead of closed, so there's some isolation lost there in exchange for a better sound and more soundstage. I think that's what the vents on the ear cups are for.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
This is pretty much the same weightless, rickety, tiny player apparently offered by Kogan, oRiver, Ritmix, etc. It comes decently boxed with a soft pouch, USB cable, and nice looking (if...
Aune M2 Pro Review Intro : Since the past few years I had kept myself away from trying out any new DAPs or audio gear since I was pretty satisfied with my Fiio X5 (1st gen) and Sansa Clip...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 141post #2101 of 227646/22/12 at 12:41pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2102 of 227646/22/12 at 1:58pmpost #2103 of 227646/22/12 at 2:18pmpost #2104 of 227646/22/12 at 2:37pmpost #2105 of 227646/22/12 at 2:38pmQuote:
Fabric that covers the vents? Do you mean the fabric inside the earcups that sits over the grill that houses the drivers?post #2106 of 227646/22/12 at 2:40pmQuote:
Not sure but I remember seeing some kind of cloth over the vent holes on the inside just beneath the shield. Never removed the shield to check. It looked like as it would have been attached to the shield itself.post #2107 of 227646/22/12 at 2:42pm
Hmm... I have the V-80s and I swapped my shields for some custom ones. Didn't notice any fabric on mine. It was just the plastic earcup with the same 3 vents you see from outside the shield. I've never handled a LP/LP2 before, though.post #2108 of 227646/22/12 at 2:48pmQuote:
Wait wait wait - Plastic?post #2109 of 227646/22/12 at 2:49pm
What do people think will be more comfortable for wearing around the neck (as in when not in use) the M100/LP2 or the M80? The M80 as its smaller?
Edited by danny93 - 6/22/12 at 2:52pmpost #2110 of 227646/22/12 at 2:53pm
Yes. Have you ever used a V-MODA headphone? It's mostly metal - steelflex headband, metal arms, metal shields - but the earcups are plastic.post #2111 of 227646/22/12 at 2:54pmQuote:
The M-80 for sure. Val even said this a while back. Just makes logical sense. Bigger cups = less neck room.post #2112 of 227646/22/12 at 2:56pmQuote:The entire cup? I was under the impression that 99% of the headphone was metal - I've never owned a V-Moda before...
They better sound amazing.post #2113 of 227646/22/12 at 3:02pmQuote:
Well, imagine how heavy a full-sized, 50mm, circumaural headphone would be if it was entirely made out of metal. Bye-bye head/neck comfort. From my experiences with my V-80, it would take a lot to damage them beyond minor scuffs and scrapes. Heck, someone posted in the M-80 thread a while back that his mom ran over his M-80s with a CAR! Bent the metal arms all out of shape. Luckily, his dad works with metal and welded/soldered it back into wearable form and they still played just fine. Imagine that happening with any other headphone. (Beats Solo HDs, anyone?)post #2114 of 227646/22/12 at 3:15pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 18 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 29 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 31 seconds ago
- › FS:Ultrasone Edition 8 Ruthenium - Shipping World Wide 43 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 1 minute ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Basic M90 by Lad3
- › Aune M2 32BIT DSD portable music player by Faheem
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...