- 487 Posts. Joined 1/2014
- Location: Oz Land (Australia)
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
I bought the SMSL sApII as a stop-gap after my Little Dot MKIII failed after 5 years of use, five hours a day. No complaints there! I just don't have the money to upgrade just now! I have invested...
Introduction: Lend Me UR ears, based in Singapore is an online and physical store that opened in December 2011 with a goal to “bring quality audio products to the masses and providing good...
I got the same kind but of course in purple Philips SHE3590PP/28 In-Ear Headphones (Purple) - there is basically no based and I had to turn the volume way up to hear sound that didn't sound cheap.
Soundaware M1 Pro / “Esther” – initial impressions I had the opportunity to listen to the Soundaware M1 Pro as part of the recent UK and North American tours that the company have...
Bought these after receiving the Massdrop HE-350s which were just too treble-forward for my taste. I listen to a lot of music when at work. Desk space is limited, so I can't justify running an...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1387post #20791 of 227987/7/14 at 8:10pmSweet i'm sold, i'll be getting them like new on Amazon from Amazon wareahouse i've been looking at all the matte black like news but they dont say if the box was opened, they say nothing so what should I do?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #20792 of 227987/7/14 at 8:18pmQuote:Just look for ones that say in the discription that there are minor flaws and that they are not missing anything. You should be good to go. More than likely the box was opened by the customer, if they were used are not no one knows this. Just dust them off and buy the XL pads Ike I thought you said you were going to do. When you change them mice blue has a video on this and it is very easy to do..
Good luck!post #20793 of 227987/7/14 at 8:21pmpost #20794 of 227987/7/14 at 8:56pmpost #20795 of 227987/7/14 at 9:07pmYeh they had those little clippy things that snapd onto the pad, so out of thr colours how are the shadow m100s, I like the matte black but I also like the shadow but i've heard stuff about the headband being easier to dirty on the shadows like what do they dust, scratches?post #20796 of 227987/7/14 at 9:10pmQuote:I have the matte black, I wanted the stealth look.Originally Posted by HardstyleLoco96
Yeh they had those little clippy things that snapd onto the pad, so out of thr colours how are the shadow m100s, I like the matte black but I also like the shadow but i've heard stuff about the headband being easier to dirty on the shadows like what do they dust, scratches?post #20797 of 227987/7/14 at 11:27pmpost #20798 of 227987/8/14 at 12:32ampost #20799 of 227987/8/14 at 1:03am
The only thing that bugs me with the matte black finish is the paint on the metal edges and screws tends to peel off (scuffs) even with normal use.
Would be awesome if it was anodized but for sure the price of the headphone would go up.post #20800 of 227987/8/14 at 6:45ampost #20801 of 227987/8/14 at 10:15am
and it would not save you from marks as the anodized surface is just micrometers thick and can easily be dented so that the bare metal shines through...
Overall its not a big problem, I can barely see where the paint is missing after 1 year of use.post #20802 of 227987/8/14 at 8:33pmpost #20803 of 227987/8/14 at 9:25pmpost #20804 of 227987/10/14 at 11:38ampost #20805 of 227987/10/14 at 5:42pmQuote:
Sorry typos I'm on a phone...
One thing is we now have counterfeits so be sure they are bought legit.
The other issue is in one small production run it seems we torqued the screws tighter than normal. For 99% of users it isn't a problem but for a few their may be a Crack in extreme conditions with drops that normally doesn't occur. If you have a serial number and that happens let us know and we will over I got you a new pair to analyze the problem. Luckily we have only seen it be a minimal .0004% issue but we are taking it very seriously.
#VTHEPEOPLE our six star service will go above and beyond to fix you up and add to our continuous improvement program systems and counterfeit analysis.
I can prudly say our defect and return total is less than 2% of sales overall, incredible for a ce company! And cables eventually break like running shoes or soles. But ours will 100x less because they pass million bends and have Kevlar reinforced,so you can replace them for free with a picture if it's broken without sending it in...
Innovate six star service is what we are all about and we can do this because of our quality and confidence.
Cheers and thanks for your support.
Edited by valkolton - 7/10/14 at 5:45pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Comparisons: 32 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 12 seconds ago
- › The decline of the forum signature 59 seconds ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › 2016 LCDX vs 2016 LCD3 1 minute ago
- › Thinking of going back to CD's ... Am I nuts? 3 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 3 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 4 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 4 minutes ago
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...