- 511 Posts. Joined 1/2014
- Location: Oz Land (Australia)
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
Preamble: I have already reviewed some of 1MORE’s and Xiaomi’s audio products in the past and all of them offered a great sound experience for their very reasonable price point. The...
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1386post #20776 of 228677/6/14 at 9:17pmI would be using my Samsung Galaxy S3 with the poweramp app and I crank it up to 60-70% volume but never would go over that
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #20777 of 228677/6/14 at 9:24pmQuote:Did you buy them like new on Amazon ?because thats what i'm thinking of doing and then get the Xl pads with themOriginally Posted by howdy
I think they are really robust, if you buy them from an authorized dealer they are suppose to be lifetime warranty on the construction. As for deals sometimes VMODA has some specials right on there website from time to time, I bought mine as a customer return on amazon for 239.00 and they looked brand new even the protective film was still on them.
Edited by HardstyleLoco96 - 7/6/14 at 9:26pmpost #20778 of 228677/6/14 at 10:53pmQuote:
6 months without an issue. Still sounding great.Quote:
I've mentioned this before in this thread that many summit fi gear $1000 and up also have issues with drivers failing. It happens. Just make sure you have a manufacturer warranty or similar and you'll be fine.Quote:
You will never, ever blow the M-100 driver with a Samsung Galaxy S3. The audio may clip at full volume from the internal amp in the smartphone, but the M-100 will be fine. I've used the M-100 with my Oppo HA-1 amp and have occasionally 'rocked out' with some crazy volume without any issue. The M-100 kept up just fine. Your ears will give out before the M-100.
Edited by x RELIC x - 7/6/14 at 11:29pmpost #20779 of 228677/6/14 at 11:46pmpost #20780 of 228677/7/14 at 1:05amQuote:
I noticed less forward mids, but the comfort for my dumbo ears wins.post #20781 of 228677/7/14 at 1:25ampost #20782 of 228677/7/14 at 1:26am
Had these for approximately 11 months now. Haven't encountered any problems, besides the case getting a little scuffed and dirty. This was to be expected however, as I have the white ones and traveled quite often over the last year.
The headphones themselves have no blemishes or signs of wear on them, despite me using them essentially every day and often for many hours at a time. I don't think I particularly baby them, but I'm pretty gentle with my electronics in general.
Lastly, as I'm studying for a midterm, I have gone back to my musical roots and am listening to a lot of alternative/rock and loving every second of it. These headphones make them sound pretty damn good, even to my relatively untrained ears. Of course, they still excel with EDM and other genres of that nature, but I love just how versatile they are.post #20783 of 228677/7/14 at 2:14amOk i'm getting the M100s, so are the Xl pads worth it? When I had my lps I had no comfort issues but if the Xl pads really make the comfort much more better i'll get them snd would you say the change in sound is a good thing or bad thing?post #20784 of 228677/7/14 at 2:40am
If comfort is an issue for you get the XL pads.
Difference in sound with the XL pads? I cant really notice any big difference to be honest, maybe a bit more bass than normal (i heard a bit of mud unlike with stock pads), mids the same, highs are same as well.
Still the M100's with xl pads are fun and not fatiguing to listen to.
Just saying the SQ change is not that dramatic for me.
I would suggest trying them out with the stock pads because you aren't missing a lot without the XL pads.
Comfort definitely is night and day.post #20785 of 228677/7/14 at 3:07am
I've had them for more than a year and, while I treat them with respect, I don't baby them (don't use the case a lot as its too complicated to remove the cable each time). No problems so far.
Regarding driver overload: do not underestimate a clipping amp, it produces weird harmonics and can well kill a speaker that would handle much more in clean power. But staying away from clipping (better for your ears and listening experience anyway) I don't think the drivers are fragile: they would impair your hearing without breaking a sweat.post #20786 of 228677/7/14 at 9:59ampost #20787 of 228677/7/14 at 10:36amQuote:
Deafness comes shortly afterwards?post #20788 of 228677/7/14 at 11:11ampost #20789 of 228677/7/14 at 11:40amQuote:
@Zorrofox is about right: an amp driven into clipping gets harsh very quickly, you'll notice that. It also sounds compressed as the amp cannot reproduce dynamics anymore (limited by its power output) and the cut off that happens results in said harsh sound effects. Think guitar amp: there that is done on purpose because those effects are desired. They are built for that tough...
An overloaded driver on the other side starts to pop quite loud, being driven to its physical limits of excursion. The driver will get damaged rather quickly that way.
Regarding the M-100 and a phone: I think both effects start at a level you should not use for listening anyway... which is what @Zorrofox meant.post #20790 of 228677/7/14 at 6:58pmQuote:
I honestly heard a large difference, but solely on the seal. My glasses protrude a bunch out the sides of my head, and thr xl pads certainly helped seal that gap. Deeper bass... better sound overall in my opinion, I even take my glasses off at work for periods of time and move my monitor super close for good songs haha.
Side note, cords.... I lost the orange one it came with. Bought a Auvio cord from radioshack (3ft no controls) and I can actually feel the m100s physically move and rumble by the bass with certain tracks... the denon d7000s did the same.
so that stock mic and control cord does impact the impedance a bit. Granted its at full volume on a note 2, and while awesome, you'd go deaf in a few days at full blast.
But the cord certainly makes a difference.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shanling SLM - A40MKIII Class A Integrated amp (AUS) 4 minutes ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 8 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear