- 137 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Location: STP
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 6/26/15
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as output amp. It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter has it's...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1359post #20371 of 219515/3/14 at 9:18amSelling my. M-100's PM me if you want them.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #20372 of 219515/3/14 at 5:19pmpost #20373 of 219515/3/14 at 5:55pmpost #20374 of 219515/4/14 at 1:06ampost #20375 of 219515/4/14 at 1:14am
Maybe you'd want to take a look at the Focal Spirit Pro, neutral but not in a boring way, relatively compact and compatible with mobile sources. AKG K545 might be an option too. Both are big when compared to the M-100 though...post #20376 of 219515/4/14 at 2:15ampost #20377 of 219515/4/14 at 2:34am
I can fully understand that: sometimes I'm working at home instead of at a cafe... because at home my Phonitor and my T1 are waiting ;-)
Nevertheless its fun to enjoy good sound in other places... and given the different circumstances a different sound signature might even be welcome. To me the M-100 is at the far end of coloration I'm willing to accept though.post #20379 of 219515/4/14 at 7:15ampost #20380 of 219515/4/14 at 7:29amI am about to order a pair of m100s and my previous models were the hd25 and the momentums... So oa am making tjhe opposite way of you guys.... Hope i dont regret it.... I loved the momentums but had to sell them because of the unconfortable and distracting on\over ear mix. Best sound i have tested so far... A little laidback for edm but they did edm, rock and even calmer stykes always perfectly..,, too bad about the fit.... I still have the hd25s.... They are good but i want something over ear to complement them (sometimes they sound a bit thin anf do not hit very hard on the bass and also the soundstage is very lacking, but i love the size, durability and clear sound of the so its a mixed bag...)....post #20381 of 219515/4/14 at 9:47am
I might if they were available in Scotland.
Yes and I didn't like them one bit. I feel I can hear the enclosure on them. To be fair I didn't have much time but they're not to my taste. Too flashy too.post #20382 of 219515/4/14 at 9:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Zorrofox
I might if they were available in Scotland.
Yes and I didn't like them one bit. I feel I can hear the enclosure on them. To be fair I didn't have much time but they're not to my taste. Too flashy too.
Ha, I agree. They do sound pretty closed in.post #20383 of 219515/4/14 at 11:00amQuote:
If you like the HD 650 and are certain about that sig, you might want to consider the Focal Spirit Classic. The Focal Spirit Pro is to the HD600 what the Focal Spirit Classic is to the HD650.post #20384 of 219515/4/14 at 11:13amQuote:Originally Posted by AustinValentine
If you like the HD 650 and are certain about that sig, you might want to consider the Focal Spirit Classic. The Focal Spirit Pro is to the HD600 what the Focal Spirit Classic is to the HD650.
Just messaged him about these actually.post #20385 of 219515/4/14 at 12:22pmYou're all making me think...
I'm not sure I'm going to buy more headphones. I'm already looking to sell my Q701's and my E18. I still have my PX100II's which are very, very good for what they are.
I'll probably keep the V-Moda's though. I really like their aesthetics.
Good suggestions though! I like the look of the Classics and, while the company is relatively new to the headphone world, I've heard their work in the car audio field many times. That is a good thing.
I've also found they're on Amazon here for £190. It would seem a reasonable price from the short couple of reviews I've read.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 47 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 1 minute ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 5 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 6 minutes ago
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2