or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1351

post #20251 of 22872
Just found a pair of matte black M-100s in the Clearance section of the local Brookstone for a steal. Now I just need to pick up a pair of XL pads for them. The only issue they have is a small cosmetic tear on the headband. Anyone have any experience with resealing/patching the material? Thanks.
post #20252 of 22872
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaker View Post

Just found a pair of matte black M-100s in the Clearance section of the local Brookstone for a steal. Now I just need to pick up a pair of XL pads for them. The only issue they have is a small cosmetic tear on the headband. Anyone have any experience with resealing/patching the material? Thanks.

how much?

post #20253 of 22872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzziekiwi View Post

how much?

$120. No box or carrying case. Sound is perfect, though.
post #20254 of 22872
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaker View Post

$120. No box or carrying case. Sound is perfect, though.

Wow thats a killer deal holy, mind sharing some pics? Just wondering its overall condition. But no box = no lifetime warranty i think
post #20255 of 22872
Here are some pics. The 'phones really are like new except for the spot on the headband. I don't know what the deal with the warranty will be. I was hoping since they were purchased from an AD with a never- registered serial #, the warranty might be valid. Regardless, I couldn't pass up that good a deal b/c the warranty might not be honored.

post #20256 of 22872

Guys,,,, help me understand how strong is the bass on the m100s.... XD

 

The 2 bassiest headphones i ever tried were.... number one the akg k518 (k81) and next the ath m50..... How is the bass of the m100 when compared with these 2? For example the ath 50 for me had pretty cool bass (i ended up selling it because of other reasons like, plasticky treble, lack of mids and confort ad size...) and the k518 (k81) maybe was enganging but it started to be a little too much after some while because it intruded the rest of the sound spectrum sometimes and aslo the lack of treble did not help....

 

If anyone ever tried the m at's or the akg's i just mentioned please try to make me understand how the v-modas bass compared to these 2....

 

by the way guys i never told you but the type of edm i listen is usually stuff that is played on above & beyonds sets and stuff that comes out on anjubeats and enhanced recordings (i liesten of course to calmer stuff but this is usually the type of edm i like...  XD )...

 

Another question.... correct me if i am wrong but v-moda is about to celebrate 10 years of existence right? I know that the xs just came out but do you guys think there will be something new in a near future? A new over ear and replacemet to the m100 (just making sure that i dont spend my money on the m100 badly.... not saying they are bad at all but if something newer and better might be on the way i may wait a little longer....)?

 

If not i am ordering the matte black and the xl pads tomorrow.... lets give some rest to my hd25s.... i love theim but i want something that is equally a good all rounder but at the same time a bit more enganging (without exaxerating on the engaging part as well of course, thats why i asked about the bass.... i dont listen to edm only.... i have my kings of leon and coldplay moments as well... XD )..... hope the m100's might be it...

 

Cheers....

post #20257 of 22872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Oliveira View Post
 

Guys,,,, help me understand how strong is the bass on the m100s.... XD

 

The 2 bassiest headphones i ever tried were.... number one the akg k518 (k81) and next the ath m50..... How is the bass of the m100 when compared with these 2? For example the ath 50 for me had pretty cool bass (i ended up selling it because of other reasons like, plasticky treble, lack of mids and confort ad size...) and the k518 (k81) maybe was enganging but it started to be a little too much after some while because it intruded the rest of the sound spectrum sometimes and aslo the lack of treble did not help....

 

If anyone ever tried the m at's or the akg's i just mentioned please try to make me understand how the v-modas bass compared to these 2....

 

by the way guys i never told you but the type of edm i listen is usually stuff that is played on above & beyonds sets and stuff that comes out on anjubeats and enhanced recordings (i liesten of course to calmer stuff but this is usually the type of edm i like...  XD )...

 

Another question.... correct me if i am wrong but v-moda is about to celebrate 10 years of existence right? I know that the xs just came out but do you guys think there will be something new in a near future? A new over ear and replacemet to the m100 (just making sure that i dont spend my money on the m100 badly.... not saying they are bad at all but if something newer and better might be on the way i may wait a little longer....)?

 

If not i am ordering the matte black and the xl pads tomorrow.... lets give some rest to my hd25s.... i love theim but i want something that is equally a good all rounder but at the same time a bit more enganging (without exaxerating on the engaging part as well of course, thats why i asked about the bass.... i dont listen to edm only.... i have my kings of leon and coldplay moments as well... XD )..... hope the m100's might be it...

 

Cheers....

The M-100 has a similar v-shaped sound signature to the M-50. The bass of the M-100 extends deeper, is more layered and punches harder while the trebles have a nice sparkle, but are not sibilant or fatiguing. The mids are still recessed though, and if that's the reason the gave up your M-50 you might do the same with the M-100. One thing to note is that the M-100 responds amazingly well to EQ and you turn the bass down to make the mids more pronounced.

 

Val Kolton, CVO of V-MODA, has been working on the Revolver for years now. There's no timeline for its release since he follows the design philosophy of " it'll be done, when it's done," but they are supposed to be his endgame headphone. There are no known prototypes or pictures and all we've really been able to infer is that the name Revolver may allude to the headphone's revolving ear cups.


Edited by SpiderNhan - 4/20/14 at 7:02pm
post #20258 of 22872
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaker View Post

Here are some pics. The 'phones really are like new except for the spot on the headband. I don't know what the deal with the warranty will be. I was hoping since they were purchased from an AD with a never- registered serial #, the warranty might be valid. Regardless, I couldn't pass up that good a deal b/c the warranty might not be honored.

looks immaculate to me  except the obvious, nice job scooping them up. at 120 it really is beyond no brainer. wonder why it was so low lol oh well

post #20259 of 22872
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post
 

The M-100 has a similar v-shaped sound signature to the M-50. The bass of the M-100 extends deeper, is more layered and punches harder while the trebles have a nice sparkle, but are not sibilant or fatiguing. The mids are still recessed though, and if that's the reason the gave up your M-50 you might do the same with the M-100. One thing to note is that the M-100 responds amazingly well to EQ and you turn the bass down to make the mids more pronounced.

 

Val Kolton, CVO of V-MODA, has been working on the Revolver for years now. There's no timeline for its release since he follows the design philosophy of " it'll be done, when it's done," but they are supposed to be his endgame headphone. There are no known prototypes or pictures and all we've really been able to infer is that the name Revolver may allude to the headphone's revolving ear cups.

I mostly sold the m50 because they were too bulky and i dont like to have giant headphones on my head.... no that i did not liked the sound.... the hd25 and the m50's are not that different.... its just that the gap between the bass and the highs in the m50 was too noticeable and the treble was a bit weird soundind.... i prefer much more the hd25 trble to the m50s.... the perfect  mix would be the hd25 with a bit more rumble on the bass like there is on the m50's.... for me at least.... i remenber that i had the cals and the m50's at the same time and at the time i prefered the cal!s.... the m50's were better technically but the overall sound on the cals to me was more engaging, more seductive (i liked the momentums as well wich are very similar to the cals....)..... and usually i am not a very warm signature type kind of guy.... right now i have a pair of mdr v s and hd25s.... 

post #20260 of 22872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post

looks immaculate to me  except the obvious, nice job scooping them up. at 120 it really is beyond no brainer. wonder why it was so low lol oh well
Thanks! I talked to the guy who marked them down and he said they were the previous demos and were marked down so low due to the lack of box and case. I wonder if the $119.99 wasn't intended to be $199.99. That would have been more in keeping with their condition and still a good deal.

Regardless, I just need to order some XL pads and keep my eyes open for a case and I'll be good to go. Definitely richer and more bass-heavy than the M-80s I had. Just couldn't take the on-ear with my glasses. Got sore spots after listening for a while.
post #20261 of 22872

I went for a total of an 8 hour road trip. I wasn't the one driving, but I had the m100's on for that amount of time. The XL pads recess the pads a bit more and bring up subbass. But in a car, both mids and subbass is drowned out. Leaving the treble, midbass and upper mids, didn't sound too great.

post #20262 of 22872

@SpiderNhan   Which are your favourite V Moda Headphones?

post #20263 of 22872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana1000 View Post
 

@SpiderNhan   Which are your favourite V Moda Headphones?

I think the XS are favorites. They've pretty much replaced my V-80 since they fit better, are more comfortable, and sound better. The V-80 is just a collector's item now.

 

As for the XS vs. M-100, they both sound different and for certain genres I'll prefer one over the other. Music that is vocal driven sounds better on the XS because of its forward midrange, whereas stuff that is mainly instrumentation I prefer on the M-100 for its larger sound stage. EDM and Pop sound great on both, so that just depends on which one is within grabbing distance. I can't really choose one over the other in terms on sound quality.

 

What it really boils down to is portability and for that the XS wins. I do a lot of walking and commuting via public transportation and I usually have my headphones on all day, whether they are on my head or around my neck. The large ear cups of the M-100 are awkward because they touch my throat and chin when I have them around my neck. They also take up more room inside my backpack which seems to get progressively more crowded.

 

The XS, on the other hand, doesn't bother me when it is around my neck and when my backpack is full I don't need to take the XS off because they are barely noticeable. They don't isolate as much the M-100, but rarely do I need that much isolation anyway. Trains will always be too loud to fully isolate with on-ears and over-ears and I like that I can hear traffic noises when I'm walking around.

 

Seasonally, the M-100 will be my outdoor winter can since they work great as earmuffs while the XS will serve me during the summer.

post #20264 of 22872
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post

 

Seasonally, the M-100 will be my outdoor winter can since they work great as earmuffs while the XS will serve me during the summer.

 

LOL both myself and a friend of mine with M100s used them JUST like this. 

post #20265 of 22872

Interesting.Thanks for elaborating.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.