Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1329

post #19921 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzziekiwi View Post

Seeing as the XS was just released, would you think another successor to the m-100 will come out?

You mean something that doesn't self-destruct?
post #19922 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzziekiwi View Post
 

Seeing as the XS was just released, would you think another successor to the m-100 will come out?

 

If the XS's had surpassed the M-100's then perhaps. They more just met the M100's standards. 

post #19923 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfinfinity View Post
 

 

If the XS's had surpassed the M-100's then perhaps. They more just met the M100's standards. 



Considering the XS costed $9999.99, surely they surpassed the M100's...

post #19924 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nec3 View Post
 



Considering the XS costed $9999.99, surely they surpassed the M100's...

 

Well fortunately after a poor initial reaction they brought the price down to a more manageable area. 

post #19925 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrofox View Post

You mean something that doesn't self-destruct?

This made my day! Lol!
post #19926 of 21063

The cracking issue on the M-100 is insane.  Haven't been rough with mine at all and have never played with the screws and yet I have cracks where the screws are on both sides. 

 

For the money though, I haven't found another set of portable headphones that I enjoy more than the M-100.  It's a double edged sword that I live with everyday.

post #19927 of 21063
Yeah, I still have 2 major cracks on the right earcup, a less serious crack on the left earcup, and my left wingplate has a crack near the screw. It still works though, so I can't really complain. XD
post #19928 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Yeah, I still have 2 major cracks on the right earcup, a less serious crack on the left earcup, and my left wingplate has a crack near the screw. It still works though, so I can't really complain. XD

You've also completely dissected your M-100. Thanks for the pictures! (and bravery)

post #19929 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

No, there was a new one that got started a week ago: http://www.head-fi.org/t/711461/are-the-v-modas-overrated-by-people-who-dont-have-enough-experience-with-headphones
So it is another thread started by one has hasn't even heard them.What a joke.I liked your logical input SGD.Anyways no cracks on mine so far,after surveying them.But I'm not changing pads anymore.
post #19930 of 21063

The issue of cracks is unfortunate, especially since its not tied to and specific use/abuse... I do not baby mine as I use them on the go almost every day but had good luck so far, owning them for almost 1 year.

 

I can imagine that the rather complex form does have areas of high tension and minor variances in the production process might show up as cracks. But besides being a cosmetic thing: did anyone have an issue with a cup actually breaking? I fully understand someone taking care of their headphones and being unhappy with cosmetic problems without cause. To me its more important that it works as expected and does not break.

post #19931 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryberry View Post





My Vmoda's with cycle lights. Great for cycling around town smily_headphones1.gif
Quote:
Which fiio amp is that? And which dap d'you use?
post #19932 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by AN94Master View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryberry View Post




My Vmoda's with cycle lights. Great for cycling around town smily_headphones1.gif
Quote:
Which fiio amp is that? And which dap d'you use?

Looks like the e11
post #19933 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by plakat View Post
 

I can imagine that the rather complex form does have areas of high tension and minor variances in the production process might show up as cracks.

 

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. The tolerances on this headphone are probably pretty tight, which could turn areas of even slight variance into stress zones.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by plakat View Post
 

But besides being a cosmetic thing: did anyone have an issue with a cup actually breaking? I fully understand someone taking care of their headphones and being unhappy with cosmetic problems without cause. To me its more important that it works as expected and does not break.

 

I remember one user had an actual chunk of his earcup's plastic perimeter (the part that holds the pad in) break off. He posted a pic of the damage, but it's likely buried somewhere deep within this thread. That's the only person I can recall stating his/her earcup actually started coming apart. Others have mentioned sections of their wingplates chipping apart, though.


Edited by epithetless - 4/2/14 at 7:23am
post #19934 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrofox View Post


Don't ask me my friend. I have never knowingly been stylish. I'm actually good at being not stylish.

No :DD

You didn't understand what I wanted actually to know.

 

I mean: Which color(white or black) do you have to take in the psd-file

that the text will be engraved in white on the shields by V-MODA?

post #19935 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratinox View Post

This afternoon I had need of a short 1/8" stereo male-to-male cable and since I recently said to go ahead and buy the AUVIO cable from Radio Shack I figured I'd do the same and picked up a black with silver accents 3-foot cable.

How does it sound? Well, laid flat on the table in a quiet room it doesn't make any sound at all. Nor does it make any sound when coiled although there is a slight rustle when the cover rubs against itself. It does make a quiet thrumming sound when pulled taught and plucked. Other than that it doesn't sound like anything.

I then plugged one end into my M-100. The barrel fits neatly in the socket. I plugged the other end into my Clip Zip and pressed "play". Sure enough, Judas Priest's "(Take These) Chains" comes out of the headphones. The cable works, as expected.

The V-MODA cables are better cables at least in terms of build. Softer and more flexible cover material, less microphonic noise and they cost less. But if you need a short cable for your M-100 right now then the AUVIO cable works just fine.

I have it but I did not notice the volume difference between the Auvio and the stock cable like the tests I have seen between the Audio Only cable vs Stock ones so I am returning it. Not only due to that but that I really need it to be at least 4' long to work in my setup better. I wanted to make that Pipeline one from RS work but I didnt dare cutting the plug a little to make it fit lol

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.