or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1314

post #19696 of 22821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrofox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

That's what they all say. tongue.gif

I personally didn't like the HD650 too much because of its laid-back signature and being soft on the details. The HD650 is about $470 on Amazon right now; I'd personally rather have an entry STAX system for $200 more. XD

That price for the Sennheiser is pure fantasy eh? I mean I can sort of understand why Stay & Adeze & Hifiman have to charge high but there's no way Sennheiser need to charge as much as they do for the HD650's. I would only buy that particular can second-hand. They aren't even built that we'll from what I've read. They do, apparently, come with a free veil though.
Yeah I know right? The HD650 is a gazillion years old and yet its price is still above $300. Surely their manufacturing system is up to snuff. Even V-MODA's process sounds pretty complicated with the driver-matching and low-tolerance for errors, yet they have reasonable pricing.

STAX and Audeze have special drivers to manufacture, so it's not too surprising to see the price increase there. Building your own electrstatic headphone is no easy feat and any dust that gets on the micrometer-thin diaphragm can screw up the sound.
post #19697 of 22821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrofox View Post


Why are you kicking them to the kerb?

 

Because I get wanderlust with toys, haha. I get something amazing and I go "oh wow, if this is THIS good, I can only imagine how great something BETTER would be!!"

 

And hey, they're not getting kicked anywhere, LOL. These are still my pride and joy. I'll just be using them on the go instead of sitting around the homestead. Normally I sell stuff to finance better stuff, but the M100s are staying, period. I've got too much of an emotional attachment to these guys, lame as that sounds. I don't care how much better the Pandoras are, if I find myself in a budget fiasco they're going first and I'm keeping the M100s. 

 

And I honestly think it says a lot about them that, so far, I've tried all of the following:

 

LCD2

HE-400

HE-500

HE-6

SRH-1540

PS500

PS1000

RS1i

D600

D7100

HD650

HD800

Momentums

 

And none of them inspired me to switch. I definitely liked the hell out of the LCD2 and HD650 the most after several tries, but neither enough to feel that the extra cost was worth it (although I came SUPER close to buying a pair of LCD2s off someone here). The M100 is a headphone that, IMO, is easily worth $500. The value these things deliver is absurd. That it comes portable AND customizable is just more amazing.

 

Basically I'm curious what the ultimate "modern music" headphone is, and so far it's the M100. If you listen rock/pop/metal/rap/EDM, these are the best I've found so far, and definitely the best at this price point. But I want to see if there's anything above them that do it better. All that's left that I'm aware of are the discontinued Denon X000 line, the Fostex TH600/900, and the Perfect Sound Dido, which means spending anywhere between $800 and $1500.

post #19698 of 22821
They charge what the market will pay, simple as that.
post #19699 of 22821
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratinox View Post

They charge what the market will pay, simple as that.

I know mate, somethings only worth what ever anyone's prepared to pay. Let's all get together and refuse to pay Porsche anything over £100.
post #19700 of 22821
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

LOL that's why I had to go up over $500. Another round of auditioning and I'm taking a total blind gamble on the Pandora Hope VI. The only headphones that I haven't gotten my hands on that might be in the range are the Fostex TH600/900 and the old discontinued Denon DX000 range. The D600 and D7100 aren't in the same league, sadly. 

I don't think people understand just how potent VMODA's dual-diaphragm drivers are. Yes, the M100s have bass to them, but it doesn't actually interfere with any of the higher frequencies in the way single driver systems will. It's amazing how, despite the big bass hump, the rest of the range isn't diminished. 
That's it! The dual diaphragm is the technology that allows them to have such strong bass but still be cohesive in the overall dynamic sound.To me it's almost the perfect balance of detail,space and full sub bass.
post #19701 of 22821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana1000 View Post


That's it! The dual diaphragm is the technology that allows them to have such strong bass but still be cohesive in the overall dynamic sound.To me it's almost the perfect balance of detail,space and full sub bass.

 

That's the big thing. On most drivers, the bass bleeds into the mids because while the diaphragm is trying to make that big vibration it can't articulate the midrange. Separate it out and bam. There's some clarity even if the bass is emphasized. Heck, that's why big audio systems have varying speaker sizes: split the work into various ranges so there's no bleed. 

 

I'm not gonna say the M100's are anything like reference, but they really are remarkable because the dual diaphragm driver means that bass boost isn't PREVENTING the mids and highs from having more prominence, that's simply part of the tuning. 

post #19702 of 22821
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

Because I get wanderlust with toys, haha. I get something amazing and I go "oh wow, if this is THIS good, I can only imagine how great something BETTER would be!!"

And hey, they're not getting kicked anywhere, LOL. These are still my pride and joy. I'll just be using them on the go instead of sitting around the homestead. Normally I sell stuff to finance better stuff, but the M100s are staying, period. I've got too much of an emotional attachment to these guys, lame as that sounds. I don't care how much better the Pandoras are, if I find myself in a budget fiasco they're going first and I'm keeping the M100s. 

And I honestly think it says a lot about them that, so far, I've tried all of the following:

LCD2
HE-400
HE-500
HE-6
SRH-1540
PS500
PS1000
RS1i
D600
D7100
HD650
HD800
Momentums

And none of them inspired me to switch. I definitely liked the hell out of the LCD2 and HD650 the most after several tries, but neither enough to feel that the extra cost was worth it (although I came SUPER close to buying a pair of LCD2s off someone here). The M100 is a headphone that, IMO, is easily worth $500. The value these things deliver is absurd. That it comes portable AND customizable is just more amazing.

Basically I'm curious what the ultimate "modern music" headphone is, and so far it's the M100. If you listen rock/pop/metal/rap/EDM, these are the best I've found so far, and definitely the best at this price point. But I want to see if there's anything above them that do it better. All that's left that I'm aware of are the discontinued Denon X000 line, the Fostex TH600/900, and the Perfect Sound Dido, which means spending anywhere between $800 and $1500.

TBH, all the time im reading your thoughts, i always get a smile on my face. Its really a happy read.

Maybe you can ask Val to sign you as a marketing staff, endorsing and promoting VMODA products coz its just so easy for you especially the m100! Lol.

Cheers to all who believed on our M100s!
post #19703 of 22821
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppu08 View Post


TBH, all the time im reading your thoughts, i always get a smile on my face. Its really a happy read.

Maybe you can ask Val to sign you as a marketing staff, endorsing and promoting VMODA products coz its just so easy for you especially the m100! Lol.

Cheers to all who believed on our M100s!

 

Hahaha you know I wouldn't even object to that. 

 

See, I'm new to Head Fi but I've always been someone who felt passionate about headphones. Even when I was a teenager in the late 90's and early 00's when all a kid had access to was what they sold at department stores and Radio Shack. I was never big on speakers because I love the idea of sound being just wrapped around MY head for ME to hear and totally sink into. I have a lot of money sunk into a car stereo, and I actually would rather listen to my M100s than that unless I'm in the mood to bump rap that makes the whole interior vibrate from the bass.

 

There's a good advertisement, huh? Just imagine it

 

(I had a thing here. It's gone now).

 

Bang. There's a commercial to play on Cartoon Network or Comedy Central late at night. The 18-30 male demographic will gobble that up. 


Edited by SomeGuyDude - 3/26/14 at 5:15pm
post #19704 of 22821
Gotta say dude, you should delete that post immediately and copyright that concept. Seriously good marketing.
post #19705 of 22821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrofox View Post

Gotta say dude, you should delete that post immediately and copyright that concept. Seriously good marketing.

 

You think? Well, I pulled that part of the post out, though I feel like I'm massively overestimating how good of an idea it was, haha. But yeah, saved in a text file. What should I do now? Send it to Val? I have no clue how this works.

post #19706 of 22821
That depends on whether you have enough money to live right now. If you do I'd sit on the idea (after claiming intellectual rights, you can do that in Europe but I'm not so sure in the claim capital of the world, lol).

Personally I'd suggest to someone you trusted that they listen to your idea and see how they would pitch it. We have a thing called citizens advice over here who would help for free. It would appear the rules are different depending where you are but I would start here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_property
post #19707 of 22821

Yeah, I work in the oil and gas industry. Not exactly hurting for cash at the moment. I'll poke around and see what steps to take. Thanks for the heads up, man! Who knows, maybe you'll see that silly little idea on the telly. 

 

That's what you guys call a TV, right? The telly?

post #19708 of 22821
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

Yeah, I work in the oil and gas industry. Not exactly hurting for cash at the moment. I'll poke around and see what steps to take. Thanks for the heads up, man! Who knows, maybe you'll see that silly little idea on the telly. 

That's what you guys call a TV, right? The telly?

No, I'm afraid not. In Scotland we call it the Electronic Vendor of Britnat Propaganda Machine!
post #19709 of 22821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrofox View Post


No, I'm afraid not. In Scotland we call it the Electronic Vendor of Britnat Propaganda Machine!

 

My god I love Scotland.

post #19710 of 22821
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

My god I love Scotland.

Really?

You'd be surprised how many Scots apparently don't share your sentiment right now. We're having a referendum in September and this place is poison right now. Some of us are really beginning to understand how jews, gypsies, gays, whatever must have felt in 1938 Germany. It's appalling.

We're winning though. They don't like that.

Saor Alba gu Brath.
Edited by Solrighal - 3/26/14 at 7:16pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.