Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 6/26/15
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1312post #19666 of 219533/25/14 at 9:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #19667 of 219533/25/14 at 9:42pmpost #19668 of 219533/25/14 at 10:30pmpost #19669 of 219533/25/14 at 10:38pmQuote:Indeed it is good stuff. I have it on my iPhone too. Yay for being able to read things in the dark without burning my eyes out.
What am I measuring for the driver wires? I don't quite understand what I'm supposed to measure. XDpost #19670 of 219533/26/14 at 1:18amQuote:Quote:Quote:
Flux?post #19671 of 219533/26/14 at 1:38amQuote:It basically applies a red color filter on your screen to reduce eye fatigue. Blue light has shorter wavelengths closer to the UV region, and is usually harder on the eyes at night. That's probably why most cars have red/orange lighting for buttons/dials, and why tail lights are red, and why street lamps are sodium-based to emit the orange/yellow glow.Originally Posted by ZorrofoxQuote:Quote:Quote:
Edited by miceblue - 3/26/14 at 1:49ampost #19672 of 219533/26/14 at 1:59amQuote:Originally Posted by SpiderNhan
SGD, do you have any other audio cables lying around that you can test with the M-100? Your impressions with the volume on the audio only cable have left me perplexed and I've been thinking about ordering one even though I have no need for it. I extend this inquiry to everyone who is using non-standard audio cables with your M-100. Is there a difference in volume between the SpeakEasy and your no-frills audio cable? Zorrofox?
The main ones in question are:
That eBay one that's been mentioned
Any other that happens to fit
Sorry for the delay. Yes, the Nuforce Transient is slightly louder but it's definitely leaner and quicker the attack on drums in particular is definitely different - to my ears it's quite a bit better. I'll be honest here, it was only typing this message just now that I put two and two together and realised the clue is in the name. Transient.Quote:Originally Posted by miceblue
It basically applies a red color filter on your screen to reduce eye fatigue. Blue light has shorter wavelengths closer to the UV region, and is usually harder on the eyes at night. That's probably why most cars have red/orange lighting for buttons/dials, and why tail lights are red, and why street lamps are sodium-based to emit the orange/yellow glow.
Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. I will download that for my Mac ASAP.
At the moment I'm currently building a dedicated headphone listening station. I very got a Mac mini, along with two LaCie Porsche 2TB USB3 drives, Head'n'fi ODAC XL and O2 Desktop (currently en route from Switzerland). It should sound excellent to my ears. To think, just two months ago my go-to headphones were a pair of Sennheiser PX100II's.post #19673 of 219533/26/14 at 6:11ampost #19674 of 219533/26/14 at 6:16ampost #19675 of 219533/26/14 at 6:46amQuote:
wow the difference is very easy to tell unlike my test with the Auvio cable...a return might be happening but darn it why cant V-moda have like a 4 foot cable at most lolpost #19676 of 219533/26/14 at 9:04ampost #19677 of 219533/26/14 at 9:10amQuote:
That's my guess. I've heard the speakeasy cable has a very high resistance, and this proves it IMO.post #19678 of 219533/26/14 at 10:04ampost #19679 of 219533/26/14 at 10:05ampost #19680 of 219533/26/14 at 10:13amQuote:
Well I am not a metal guy but I do listen to some Quite Riot..does that count? :DReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning] 27 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 57 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Looking for ~$60 headphones for home use on a PC without a... 1 minute ago
- › Advice on opamp for xonar stx with ath-m50x headphone 1 minute ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Rational reasons to love vinyl 3 minutes ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2