Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 6/26/15
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1312post #19666 of 220223/25/14 at 9:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #19667 of 220223/25/14 at 9:42pmpost #19668 of 220223/25/14 at 10:30pmpost #19669 of 220223/25/14 at 10:38pmQuote:Indeed it is good stuff. I have it on my iPhone too. Yay for being able to read things in the dark without burning my eyes out.
What am I measuring for the driver wires? I don't quite understand what I'm supposed to measure. XDpost #19670 of 220223/26/14 at 1:18amQuote:Quote:Quote:
Flux?post #19671 of 220223/26/14 at 1:38amQuote:It basically applies a red color filter on your screen to reduce eye fatigue. Blue light has shorter wavelengths closer to the UV region, and is usually harder on the eyes at night. That's probably why most cars have red/orange lighting for buttons/dials, and why tail lights are red, and why street lamps are sodium-based to emit the orange/yellow glow.Originally Posted by ZorrofoxQuote:Quote:Quote:
Edited by miceblue - 3/26/14 at 1:49ampost #19672 of 220223/26/14 at 1:59amQuote:Originally Posted by SpiderNhan
SGD, do you have any other audio cables lying around that you can test with the M-100? Your impressions with the volume on the audio only cable have left me perplexed and I've been thinking about ordering one even though I have no need for it. I extend this inquiry to everyone who is using non-standard audio cables with your M-100. Is there a difference in volume between the SpeakEasy and your no-frills audio cable? Zorrofox?
The main ones in question are:
That eBay one that's been mentioned
Any other that happens to fit
Sorry for the delay. Yes, the Nuforce Transient is slightly louder but it's definitely leaner and quicker the attack on drums in particular is definitely different - to my ears it's quite a bit better. I'll be honest here, it was only typing this message just now that I put two and two together and realised the clue is in the name. Transient.Quote:Originally Posted by miceblue
It basically applies a red color filter on your screen to reduce eye fatigue. Blue light has shorter wavelengths closer to the UV region, and is usually harder on the eyes at night. That's probably why most cars have red/orange lighting for buttons/dials, and why tail lights are red, and why street lamps are sodium-based to emit the orange/yellow glow.
Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. I will download that for my Mac ASAP.
At the moment I'm currently building a dedicated headphone listening station. I very got a Mac mini, along with two LaCie Porsche 2TB USB3 drives, Head'n'fi ODAC XL and O2 Desktop (currently en route from Switzerland). It should sound excellent to my ears. To think, just two months ago my go-to headphones were a pair of Sennheiser PX100II's.post #19673 of 220223/26/14 at 6:11ampost #19674 of 220223/26/14 at 6:16ampost #19675 of 220223/26/14 at 6:46amQuote:
wow the difference is very easy to tell unlike my test with the Auvio cable...a return might be happening but darn it why cant V-moda have like a 4 foot cable at most lolpost #19676 of 220223/26/14 at 9:04ampost #19677 of 220223/26/14 at 9:10amQuote:
That's my guess. I've heard the speakeasy cable has a very high resistance, and this proves it IMO.post #19678 of 220223/26/14 at 10:04ampost #19679 of 220223/26/14 at 10:05ampost #19680 of 220223/26/14 at 10:13amQuote:
Well I am not a metal guy but I do listen to some Quite Riot..does that count? :DReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 4 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 vs Stax 507 with Chord Hugo 22 seconds ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 50 seconds ago
- › Audioquest Dragonfly 1.2 1 minute ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › A Brief Guide to Audio for the Skeptical Consumer 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Rolls PM57 Headphone Tap by BeatsWork
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2