Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Looking down at the vast landscape of Head-Fi and audio technology in general, I have noticed quite a few things over the past two years. Firstly, the crazy products,...
Introduction – It can be hard to find a rational reason to purchase a set of bookshelf speakers when there are so many fantastic computer out there that offer more features and similar sound...
Gear references Favourite: D2000 (balanced with sub-bass and upper-midrange emphasis) Neutrality: SRH940 (though with a slight treble emphasis) IEM reference: Aurisonics...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1312post #19666 of 227973/25/14 at 9:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #19667 of 227973/25/14 at 9:42pmpost #19668 of 227973/25/14 at 10:30pmpost #19669 of 227973/25/14 at 10:38pmQuote:Indeed it is good stuff. I have it on my iPhone too. Yay for being able to read things in the dark without burning my eyes out.
What am I measuring for the driver wires? I don't quite understand what I'm supposed to measure. XDpost #19670 of 227973/26/14 at 1:18amQuote:Quote:Quote:
Flux?post #19671 of 227973/26/14 at 1:38amQuote:It basically applies a red color filter on your screen to reduce eye fatigue. Blue light has shorter wavelengths closer to the UV region, and is usually harder on the eyes at night. That's probably why most cars have red/orange lighting for buttons/dials, and why tail lights are red, and why street lamps are sodium-based to emit the orange/yellow glow.Originally Posted by ZorrofoxQuote:Quote:Quote:
Edited by miceblue - 3/26/14 at 1:49ampost #19672 of 227973/26/14 at 1:59amQuote:Originally Posted by SpiderNhan
SGD, do you have any other audio cables lying around that you can test with the M-100? Your impressions with the volume on the audio only cable have left me perplexed and I've been thinking about ordering one even though I have no need for it. I extend this inquiry to everyone who is using non-standard audio cables with your M-100. Is there a difference in volume between the SpeakEasy and your no-frills audio cable? Zorrofox?
The main ones in question are:
That eBay one that's been mentioned
Any other that happens to fit
Sorry for the delay. Yes, the Nuforce Transient is slightly louder but it's definitely leaner and quicker the attack on drums in particular is definitely different - to my ears it's quite a bit better. I'll be honest here, it was only typing this message just now that I put two and two together and realised the clue is in the name. Transient.Quote:Originally Posted by miceblue
It basically applies a red color filter on your screen to reduce eye fatigue. Blue light has shorter wavelengths closer to the UV region, and is usually harder on the eyes at night. That's probably why most cars have red/orange lighting for buttons/dials, and why tail lights are red, and why street lamps are sodium-based to emit the orange/yellow glow.
Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. I will download that for my Mac ASAP.
At the moment I'm currently building a dedicated headphone listening station. I very got a Mac mini, along with two LaCie Porsche 2TB USB3 drives, Head'n'fi ODAC XL and O2 Desktop (currently en route from Switzerland). It should sound excellent to my ears. To think, just two months ago my go-to headphones were a pair of Sennheiser PX100II's.post #19673 of 227973/26/14 at 6:11ampost #19674 of 227973/26/14 at 6:16ampost #19675 of 227973/26/14 at 6:46amQuote:
wow the difference is very easy to tell unlike my test with the Auvio cable...a return might be happening but darn it why cant V-moda have like a 4 foot cable at most lolpost #19676 of 227973/26/14 at 9:04ampost #19677 of 227973/26/14 at 9:10amQuote:
That's my guess. I've heard the speakeasy cable has a very high resistance, and this proves it IMO.post #19678 of 227973/26/14 at 10:04ampost #19679 of 227973/26/14 at 10:05ampost #19680 of 227973/26/14 at 10:13amQuote:
Well I am not a metal guy but I do listen to some Quite Riot..does that count? :DReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › iPhone 6s Sound Quality 4 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 17 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Orange County, California -- Get-Togethers / 1-on-1 Auditions /... 1 minute ago
- › Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › π Audio - "Pai Audio" 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › DT 990 Premium 600 Ohm + Fiio E10K 3 minutes ago
- › AUS Geek Out V2A 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792 / Dual Mono / 24-192 / DSD128 / SACD ISO... 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Gigaset Earphones by B9Scrambler
- › OPPO HA-2 by ryanjsoo
- › TFZ Series 1 by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...