Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1309

post #19621 of 21043

Not a lot of info is given on the site.  Even if you click on 'add to cart' there are no options for color, etc.  No details at all.  But they are available to ship right away.

post #19622 of 21043

Ahaha, the current price is set to $10 000 001. xD 

post #19623 of 21043
Created a thread to talk about the XS a while ago. All the info you need is there too smily_headphones1.gif
http://www.head-fi.org/t/695104/v-moda-xs-v-moda-m-80s-upgraded-new-v-moda-product-pictures-and-more
post #19624 of 21043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Existence View Post

Created a thread to talk about the XS a while ago. All the info you need is there too smily_headphones1.gif
http://www.head-fi.org/t/695104/v-moda-xs-v-moda-m-80s-upgraded-new-v-moda-product-pictures-and-more


False! It doesn't tell anything about the sound which is the deciding factor, if it's just the same as M80, not interested, if it's a tweaked M80, maybe. :p

post #19625 of 21043

I'd be interested if it was a smaller M-100.

post #19626 of 21043
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post
 

And it begins.

 

http://v-moda.com/xs/

 

I got all excited, haha. That page has been up for a while, unfortunately. 

post #19627 of 21043
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

 

It will not. Tried it once. No Audioquest cables fit. 

Yeah I even tried their Pipeline ET-4 that they have in Radioshack and just won't fit...but I am thinking on shaving it to make it fit since I like the looks and thickness :D

post #19628 of 21043
Someone should buy a pair for $10m just to get a funny email back from vmoda saying 'WTF are you doing'?
post #19629 of 21043
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post

Yeah I even tried their Pipeline ET-4 that they have in Radioshack and just won't fit...but I am thinking on shaving it to make it fit since I like the looks and thickness biggrin.gif

I'm curious. Why do you want a thick cable? Do you think it will sound better? Because it won't. Do you intend to use these headphones as portables? A thick cable will be a PITA in that scenario. Is it because they will look cool? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCImes View Post

Someone should buy a pair for $10m just to get a funny email back from vmoda saying 'WTF are you doing'?

Where's my wallet?
post #19630 of 21043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrofox View Post


I'm curious. Why do you want a thick cable? Do you think it will sound better? Because it won't. Do you intend to use these headphones as portables? A thick cable will be a PITA in that scenario. Is it because they will look cool? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
 

Oh no! Dont you remember my debate with you about the value of a "highend cable" before where I was all against snake oil sellers? LOL
Is all pure looks here..we are not talking about a computer cord thickness but something that looks nicer than the super thin Auvio one for example.
The Pipeline is basically the same as the V-Moda, just a tiny bit thicker. Its all for looks..I mean, there is a reason we change the plates with custom ones on the V-Modas so the cable is part of the overall look.

post #19631 of 21043
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post
 


Wonder what's the "goal" with "XS". More refined M80? More fun? 

 

Everything so far hints that it's an M80 with the cliqfold hinges. 

post #19632 of 21043
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post

Oh no! Dont you remember my debate with you about the value of a "highend cable" before where I was all against snake oil sellers? LOL

Is all pure looks here..we are not talking about a computer cord thickness but something that looks nicer than the super thin Auvio one for example.

The Pipeline is basically the same as the V-Moda, just a tiny bit thicker. Its all for looks..I mean, there is a reason we change the plates with custom ones on the V-Modas so the cable is part of the overall look.

Me? Remember things? My mind is buzzing with the sheer amount of gadgets I've bought over the last 6 weeks. I should though and I do now. It's a shame Nuforce don't have their Transition cable over there because it's a great match. It's odd because, correct me if I'm wrong, I think Nuforce is a US company. Maybe they've got something new up their sleeve for you guys. 😉

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

Everything so far hints that it's an M80 with the cliqfold hinges. 

Dude! Wrong thread. 😜
post #19633 of 21043

So out of the Verza, the difference between stock and audio only is noticeable, but not enormous.

 

Straight out of the Macbook Pro? It is IMMENSE. I went from listening straight out of the MBP at 75-80% and not thinking it was as loud as I'd like to 50% being a little too much. Same is true out of the phone. The Verza helps with clarity and quality and that's why I'm glad I have it, but in terms of volume? Good effing god, it's night and day. When they talk about not needing an amp on the M100s, try it with the audio-only cable. I mean, we're not talking anything REMOTELY like a psychosomatic effect. I'm talking I put it at a comfortable volume with the stock mic cable, then switched to the audio only and had to pull the things off my head because it hurt my ears. 

 

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE out there who got the M100s and was a little underwhelmed by the output? Spend the $12 and get the VMODA audio-only cable. It will change your experience 100%. 

post #19634 of 21043
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

So out of the Verza, the difference between stock and audio only is noticeable, but not enormous.

 

Straight out of the Macbook Pro? It is IMMENSE. I went from listening straight out of the MBP at 75-80% and not thinking it was as loud as I'd like to 50% being a little too much. Same is true out of the phone. The Verza helps with clarity and quality and that's why I'm glad I have it, but in terms of volume? Good effing god, it's night and day. When they talk about not needing an amp on the M100s, try it with the audio-only cable. I mean, we're not talking anything REMOTELY like a psychosomatic effect. I'm talking I put it at a comfortable volume with the stock mic cable, then switched to the audio only and had to pull the things off my head because it hurt my ears. 

 

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE out there who got the M100s and was a little underwhelmed by the output? Spend the $12 and get the VMODA audio-only cable. It will change your experience 100%. 

I have the Speakeasy and the Shareplay cable and notice almost no difference in volume when I switch between them. Same goes for the Skullcandy Aviator cable. However, there is a 25-30% volume decrease when using the BoomPro mic, although I have pre-production unit and not the official release. I don't have any audio only cables in which to test.

post #19635 of 21043
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post
 

I have the Speakeasy and the Shareplay cable and notice almost no difference in volume when I switch between them. Same goes for the Skullcandy Aviator cable. However, there is a 25-30% volume decrease when using the BoomPro mic, although I have pre-production unit and not the official release. I don't have any audio only cables in which to test.

 

Does the aviator cable have a mic in it? I'm telling you, the difference is enormous. Like, not some little subtle thing that you have to listen for. I'm talking "oh god get these off of my head it hurts" different.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.