or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1303

post #19531 of 22829
No, it's a perfectly legal practise as long as it's documented somewhere the consumer has access to. I'm also not sure I would blame them either.

I am sure I wouldn't shop there though. I'd go online and buy via credit card. Distance selling rules would then apply. Job done.
post #19532 of 22829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post
 

 

FWIW, Best Buy US allows returns on headphones, open or not, with no restocking fee.  I don't see this changing any time soon.  

 

One reason I happily shop there. And since I bought a bunch on Black Friday last year I have 45 days to return anything I buy. Convenient!

post #19533 of 22829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

I'm sure that Best Buy displays their policy in the store and prints it on the back of their receipt.  They would not be required to verbally inform you at the time of purchase though.  I don't know that I blame them.  Return rates on $199+ headphones are rather high.  Since they can't resell them, they are forced to return them to the manufacturer.  Obviously, there are back-end agreements that allow this, but the store does share in some loss in other ways.  

FWIW, Best Buy US allows returns on headphones, open or not, with no restocking fee.  I don't see this changing any time soon.  

A lot of them are beats, and i heard rumors that when fake beats surfaced that people swap them out. Since its hard to see a difference unless u really know what ur looking at. Most employees dont care enough to really look. Beats basically dominant the 100$+ for headphones
post #19534 of 22829
@ someguydude

I'm going to make a joke here. Please don't take offence, I'm trying to lighten the mood. The joke fits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post

A lot of them are beats, and i heard rumors that when fake beats surfaced that people swap them out. Since its hard to see a difference unless u really know what ur looking at. Most employees dont care enough to really look. Beats basically dominant the 100$+ for headphones

That's because their names are Joe; and they are Canadian!
post #19535 of 22829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrofox View Post

@ someguydude

I'm going to make a joke here. Please don't take offence, I'm trying to lighten the mood. The joke fits.
That's because their names are Joe; and they are Canadian!

 

Okay usually when I say LOL it's just to, like, acknowledge that something was funny and amused me. This time? Honest Laugh Out Loud. 

post #19536 of 22829

So has anyone tried the AUVIO radioshack cable or am I better of just getting the one from V-Moda instead.

post #19537 of 22829
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

Okay usually when I say LOL it's just to, like, acknowledge that something was funny and amused me. This time? Honest Laugh Out Loud. 

I shouldn't really have said that since I am also Canadian; that was a long time ago in a different life. My real name's not Joe though.
post #19538 of 22829

 

 

 

guess who went to yorkdale today?! i have never worn so much black in my life even the cables are black...

 

they only had the matte black but i had to see what the hype was all about

 

the stock actually fit me ( the outer part of my ears just slightly rub the the edge of the memory foam) but in terms of depth its fine, my ears don't touch the drivers

 

wow i guess thats why you gotta try ( i woulda thought i needed the xl pads for sure)

 

a/bing them atm with my iem collection (don't have any over ears (closest is my noontec zoros)

 

but its hard to a/b them. these are just too much fun to concentrate lol

 

i actually thought the bass would have been soo massive (since basshead is often attached to it) i actually find my monster turbines to have more bass (subbass) but in terms of mid bass the m100s are amazing!!! (i usually don't like more midbass>subbass

 

but despite this theres quite a lot of bass anyway >mades my gr07 be sound really bass light which would probably make my re400s sound bass anemic  (still tight but never wooly sounding) quite impressive

 

the mids are recessed for sure but still pretty clear but when listening on my vsonic gr07be its pretty dam evident

 

but the treble is exciting on the m100s. its actually pretty natural sounding despite being emphasized i don't really see any artificial element to it. no siblance what so ever (my jvc fxd80 is brighter though)

 

in terms of soundstage tbh honest i think its on par with my gr07be except my gr07be sounds more diffuse, or thin > the m100s which carries a thicker sound 

 

only been listening to simple catchy pop songs so far but its really good

 

now mind you i only got these to test, i have no intention of actually keeping them (at least no the matte black) if i do get the m100s i will order the white pearls from vmoda myself.

 

 

i will have to listen to a more genres to really see how these fair.

post #19539 of 22829
And what's the problem with black exactly? Johnny Cash, Lou Reed, The Stranglers, Me!

Haha, got ya. I'm not sure if it's maybe a lack of burn-in or maybe because I'm older (a lot, sadly) and therefore have hearing loss, but your description of the sound is completely at odds with my own experience.

To my ears the low bass is distinctly present, mids slightly recessed & treble pretty much non-existent. At least that's how they were out of the box. Burn-in - both driver & brain - may account for some of the difference, I'm not sure. I will say that out of all the headphones I own, the M-100's are by far the most responsive to EQ adjustments. That bass can go very low & the treble can sparkle.

I've been listening to my pair most of the day (and am now, in bed though) and these are turning into my favourite headphones.

Black is best mate, perhaps with some highlights, in black. Cool.
post #19540 of 22829
I've had these a few days and are becoming one of favorites. I did buy the XL pads which help in comfort. I wanted to buy the matte black plain cable from Vmoda and there all sold out, I settled for the black/gray cable which should still look great.
post #19541 of 22829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrofox View Post

Black is best mate, perhaps with some highlights, in black. Cool.

 

As the saying goes: color doesn't matter. As long as its black.

 

I have to add that I do hear nice, sparkly treble on the M-100. Its what makes them interesting to me... a well structured bass alone won't do. There's a reason why I own a lot of Beyerdynamic models ;-)

post #19542 of 22829
Quote:
Originally Posted by plakat View Post

As the saying goes: color doesn't matter. As long as its black.

I have to add that I do hear nice, sparkly treble on the M-100. Its what makes them interesting to me... a well structured bass alone won't do. There's a reason why I own a lot of Beyerdynamic models ;-)

Aye, I know. I just felt that straight of the box with a flat EQ the treble was reticent. Burn-in & EQ fixes it for me and makes these my daily driver.

However, now that they are my go-to headphones comfort is becoming more of an issue. This is why I ordered a pair of the XL pads last week. Incidentally, as far as colour is concerned, you've no idea how close I came to ordering gray XL pads to go with my matt black M-100's. On my mind it could work but I bottled it and went for black 😊
post #19543 of 22829
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

Oh stop. That's so ridiculously elitist and snobby it's angering. Joe Consumer wants something that sounds great.

I disagree. Most people who buy Beats buy them because they're fashionable, not because they sound good -- because they don't. Most people who buy Skull Candy buy them because they're fashionable and cheap, not because they sound good -- because they don't. I could go on and on but I don't really see the need. Joe Consumer has voted with his wallet and that vote says style over substance.
Edited by ratinox - 3/23/14 at 7:21am
post #19544 of 22829
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratinox View Post
 
I disagree. Most people who buy Beats buy them because they're fashionable, not because they sound good -- because they don't. Most people who buy Skull Candy buy them because they're fashionable and cheap, not because they sound good -- because they don't. I could go on and on but I don't really see the need. Joe Consumer has voted with his wallet and that vote says style over substance.

 

As someone who has friends and family who own Skullcandy, none of them give a crap about the fashion. They're cheap and sound "good enough" for them. Simple as that. No one who owns a pair of Skullcandy who is older than 14 thinks they're "stylish".

 

As someone who has friends who own Beats and who used to own Beats, none of them say "I don't care how they sound, they just look nice". They're under the impression that Beats sounds the best because of the incredibly effective ad campaign. Beats are presented to people as the Cadillac of headphones. I've had a friend actually surprised that headphones even EXISTED that were more expensive and better than Beats because the Beats image is that they're top tier. It's no different from how many people think Bose are as good as audio gets (and frankly Beats sounds better than Bose).

 

Yes, they're stylish, but it's that people ASSOCIATE that style with a perceived quality. And once again, Beats aren't terrible. They're not even bad. They're pretty good. Look up reviews from people who are neither Beats sycophants or Beats haters and you'll see they're pretty frequently rated "pretty good". And in comparison to the cheap crap you get at Best Buy or Walmart, Beats is a HUGE step up. So people think Beats are primo.

 

Once again, this is arrogant nonsense. It's self-proclaimed audiophiles who want to believe that they're better than others and say that "unlike those stupid Beats owners, I bought MY headphones because of how they SOUND!" Meanwhile there's a giant thread on this board about what the best looking headphones are and every single review takes design into account. You'd almost think everyone DOES care about how they look...

post #19545 of 22829
If you ask Tyll, Siullcandy headphones aren't that bad anymore. They've improved quite a bit since they got a new audio engineer in to tune the headphones. Kinda like what happened with Marshall headphones.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.