- 4,177 Posts. Joined 1/2005
- Location: Provence, France
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1300post #19486 of 229993/21/14 at 1:11amXL pads ordered.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #19487 of 229993/21/14 at 1:17amQuote:
They took 9 days to arrive.post #19488 of 229993/21/14 at 1:30ampost #19489 of 229993/21/14 at 3:06ampost #19490 of 229993/21/14 at 3:45ampost #19491 of 229993/21/14 at 3:50ampost #19492 of 229993/21/14 at 5:37ampost #19493 of 229993/21/14 at 6:26am
Found this with Google Search:
On Monday, July 28, 2008, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for REVOLVER by V-Moda, LLC, Los Angeles, CA 90028. The USPTO has given the REVOLVER trademark serial number of 77532851. The current federal status of this trademark filing is ABANDONED - NO STATEMENT OF USE FILED. The correspondent listed for REVOLVER is Edwin Tarver of LAUSON & TARVER LLP, 880 Apollo Street, Suite 301, El Segundo CA 90245 . The REVOLVER trademark is filed in the category of Computer & Software Products & Electrical & Scientific Products . The description provided to the USPTO for REVOLVER is Earphones and headphones; microphones.
Edited by BB 808 - 3/21/14 at 6:28ampost #19494 of 229993/21/14 at 9:43ampost #19495 of 229993/21/14 at 10:00amQuote:
Open back maybe? Although the name more suits bullet shaped IEM'S I think.post #19496 of 229993/21/14 at 10:04ampost #19497 of 229993/21/14 at 12:25pmQuote:
Substitute "reference sound" for "audiophile sound" and you probably have something close to the intent.post #19498 of 229993/21/14 at 12:33pmQuote:Val has been working on the Revolver for years. The name is supposed to allude to the headphone's swiveling ear cups. I may have these percentages wrong so correct me if that's the case, but Val said that out of the headphones he has created:
M-80 has achieved 94% of his ultimate sound
M-100 has achieved 96%
M-100+Verza has achieved 98%
Revolver is supposed to be his 100% so it's not coming out until it's done.post #19499 of 229993/21/14 at 12:43pmpost #19500 of 229993/21/14 at 12:54pmQuote:Hmm.Did the Microsoft store at Yorkdale have the V Mods M100 in stock? Because you could of bought them and tested them in the mall and if you didn't like them you could of returned them right away.I'm sure there would be no problem with that.Originally Posted by Tom22
I was listening to the audio technica ws99s which thr store owner said was close ro the vmoda m100 sound. With bass reducer it sound prettyy good , decentl clear. but once turn off the bass was too strong. I guess im not a "basshead".
I was gonna do the same for the m100s use bass reducer at home, where i dont need that extra bass, and turn off the eq when im on the go.
I usually hate using eq but as stated before, the m100 ticks basically all the box for a portable. And with the xl pads it really seems like the perfect all rounder. Now its the sound im questioning.
I couldnt end up demoing a unit in toronto, yorkdale no longer has a demo unit ( glad i called ahead or i made the trip for nothing).
Tried the athm50s that some recommend was close in terms of sound sig for an easily accessible headphone u can demo.
Used bass reducer again off my ipod but with the fiio (e6) no eq so some bass bump i its vanilla mode. .
The lower midss felt really scooped and cold sounding and in comparison this made the treble overly bright.
Now i didnt grt to try it without the bass reducer but it seems (with the bass reducer eq setting whic i was intending for home use doesnt cut it on the athm50s which would mean the same for the m100s)
Any thoughtss? Soo close yet so far! I was so close to dropping the money on itReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 3 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 36 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO In-Ear Monitors EX1 2nd gen is on the market now ! 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Singularity 19 4 minutes ago
- › Westone W80 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 CS Closed Back 6 minutes ago
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear