- 4,112 Posts. Joined 1/2005
- Location: Provence, France
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1300post #19486 of 228213/21/14 at 1:11amXL pads ordered.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #19487 of 228213/21/14 at 1:17amQuote:
They took 9 days to arrive.post #19488 of 228213/21/14 at 1:30ampost #19489 of 228213/21/14 at 3:06ampost #19490 of 228213/21/14 at 3:45ampost #19491 of 228213/21/14 at 3:50ampost #19492 of 228213/21/14 at 5:37ampost #19493 of 228213/21/14 at 6:26am
Found this with Google Search:
On Monday, July 28, 2008, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for REVOLVER by V-Moda, LLC, Los Angeles, CA 90028. The USPTO has given the REVOLVER trademark serial number of 77532851. The current federal status of this trademark filing is ABANDONED - NO STATEMENT OF USE FILED. The correspondent listed for REVOLVER is Edwin Tarver of LAUSON & TARVER LLP, 880 Apollo Street, Suite 301, El Segundo CA 90245 . The REVOLVER trademark is filed in the category of Computer & Software Products & Electrical & Scientific Products . The description provided to the USPTO for REVOLVER is Earphones and headphones; microphones.
Edited by BB 808 - 3/21/14 at 6:28ampost #19494 of 228213/21/14 at 9:43ampost #19495 of 228213/21/14 at 10:00amQuote:
Open back maybe? Although the name more suits bullet shaped IEM'S I think.post #19496 of 228213/21/14 at 10:04ampost #19497 of 228213/21/14 at 12:25pmQuote:
Substitute "reference sound" for "audiophile sound" and you probably have something close to the intent.post #19498 of 228213/21/14 at 12:33pmQuote:Val has been working on the Revolver for years. The name is supposed to allude to the headphone's swiveling ear cups. I may have these percentages wrong so correct me if that's the case, but Val said that out of the headphones he has created:
M-80 has achieved 94% of his ultimate sound
M-100 has achieved 96%
M-100+Verza has achieved 98%
Revolver is supposed to be his 100% so it's not coming out until it's done.post #19499 of 228213/21/14 at 12:43pmpost #19500 of 228213/21/14 at 12:54pmQuote:Hmm.Did the Microsoft store at Yorkdale have the V Mods M100 in stock? Because you could of bought them and tested them in the mall and if you didn't like them you could of returned them right away.I'm sure there would be no problem with that.Originally Posted by Tom22
I was listening to the audio technica ws99s which thr store owner said was close ro the vmoda m100 sound. With bass reducer it sound prettyy good , decentl clear. but once turn off the bass was too strong. I guess im not a "basshead".
I was gonna do the same for the m100s use bass reducer at home, where i dont need that extra bass, and turn off the eq when im on the go.
I usually hate using eq but as stated before, the m100 ticks basically all the box for a portable. And with the xl pads it really seems like the perfect all rounder. Now its the sound im questioning.
I couldnt end up demoing a unit in toronto, yorkdale no longer has a demo unit ( glad i called ahead or i made the trip for nothing).
Tried the athm50s that some recommend was close in terms of sound sig for an easily accessible headphone u can demo.
Used bass reducer again off my ipod but with the fiio (e6) no eq so some bass bump i its vanilla mode. .
The lower midss felt really scooped and cold sounding and in comparison this made the treble overly bright.
Now i didnt grt to try it without the bass reducer but it seems (with the bass reducer eq setting whic i was intending for home use doesnt cut it on the athm50s which would mean the same for the m100s)
Any thoughtss? Soo close yet so far! I was so close to dropping the money on itReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › The Dishonesty of Sighted Listening Tests 25 seconds ago
- › FiiO releases the new amplifier A5 that strives for perfection 1 minute ago
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia - NEW Products + Flagship Upgrade Program! 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 4 minutes ago
- › Official X7 beta firmware (Android 5.1) download and discussion... 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear