- 10,338 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Audio Club - UW Seattle
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 7/3/14
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1297
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Unless there's something about V-MODA's construction that you hate then get the V-MODA cable. It costs 1/3 as much, is lighter, has more flex around the strain reliefs, and a 45 degree plug.
That's good enough for me, LOL. Ordering now.
EDIT: My main thing was avoiding the higher impedance that the speakeasy cable has, and I wasn't sure if it was a problem with VMODA in general or just that cable due to the inline mic (and yes, I've seen it measured).
Edited by SomeGuyDude - 3/19/14 at 5:26pm
It's one input with two in-line jacks. That is, it's single-ended, dual entry. A simpler way to think of it is a Y splitter, or rather a Y joiner. If you connect different sources to each jack then you'll hear both sources through both cups. To make them balanced you need to remove the connections between the cups and complete the circuits on each side and then run monaural left and right pairs.
ok thanks for the clarification :)
Everyone kinda forgets that the dual-diaphragm of the M100 really enables it to have the hefty bass output without sacrificing the mids and highs. Yeah, the mids are recessed, but it's the tuning, not because the bass takes away from it the way it often does on single driver speakers.
Many cans have come and gone just check my SIG,
and these solidly hold their own with the best and you would spend a lot of money just to find out this truth..
It is. I use a black/grey one with my M-100's and a purple/black one with my Paradox T50RP. (LFF ships his modded Fostex with one.) I also used them with my NAD Viso HP50 and Focal Spirit Pro. They incredibly durable and sound great. The angled jack is perfect for both strain relief on mobile inputs and for connecting to the side of the Fostex.
Pretty well a no brainer at the low price they sell them at.
Edited by AustinValentine - 3/19/14 at 6:55pm
If you ask nicely I will send u one assuming you're in the US. I've got three. Haha.
LOL well I did order the VMODA but hell I'll snag one of the NuForce off you while I'm at it. Because why not, right? How much? :P
I was actually talking about the V-MODA one...so I guess I'm too late. Haha.
Hahaha sumbitch. Well what do you think of it? Avoids the impedance issue from the mic cable? Seems like everyone's saying it does, just looking for further justification for my purchase, LOL
Yeah like I said a page or so back...all of the cables are different. The audio only is obviously the best of the bunch because it doesn't throw in any variables like mics or buttons. So yeah...your 12 bucks is justified. No doubt.
Yeah, I doubt "cable impedance" is what hurts the SharePlay cable, in general all y-splitter cables I've used have crosstalk and grounding issues, and the SharePlay is basically a big Y-Splitter.
1.4 ohms on the SharePlay, 0.16 ohms for the Fiio. That's not chump change.
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › -The Discovery of the New Ivery IS-1 (or Liberty 1’s) -Believe the... 16 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (Impressions of DN-2000,... 31 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 40 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › New to Full size headphones and need helpful advice on choosing a... 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)