- 12,356 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: 西雅圖
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/28/14
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1297post #19441 of 212323/19/14 at 5:14pmQuote:I'm not sure how wiring works for a dual input. Maybe you can? Usually you hard-wire leads from both drivers of the headphone to the balanced cable. Should you do this, I'm not sure if you can still have unbalanced connections from the driver to the other input port.Originally Posted by indieman
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #19442 of 212323/19/14 at 5:19pmQuote:
Unless there's something about V-MODA's construction that you hate then get the V-MODA cable. It costs 1/3 as much, is lighter, has more flex around the strain reliefs, and a 45 degree plug.post #19443 of 212323/19/14 at 5:22pmQuote:
That's good enough for me, LOL. Ordering now.
EDIT: My main thing was avoiding the higher impedance that the speakeasy cable has, and I wasn't sure if it was a problem with VMODA in general or just that cable due to the inline mic (and yes, I've seen it measured).
Edited by SomeGuyDude - 3/19/14 at 5:26pmpost #19444 of 212323/19/14 at 5:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by ratinox
It's one input with two in-line jacks. That is, it's single-ended, dual entry. A simpler way to think of it is a Y splitter, or rather a Y joiner. If you connect different sources to each jack then you'll hear both sources through both cups. To make them balanced you need to remove the connections between the cups and complete the circuits on each side and then run monaural left and right pairs.
ok thanks for the clarification :)post #19445 of 212323/19/14 at 5:47pmJust to clarify, I bought the Nuforce cable because I hate the button and mic on the orange cable and it was just a tad microphonic. And it was orange. Any change in sound was just by the by.post #19446 of 212323/19/14 at 6:34pmpost #19447 of 212323/19/14 at 6:45pmQuote:I have to say these cans don't have anything missing and tic all the boxes for being one of the most musical cans just alive and liquid with nice treble spit lol.Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude
Everyone kinda forgets that the dual-diaphragm of the M100 really enables it to have the hefty bass output without sacrificing the mids and highs. Yeah, the mids are recessed, but it's the tuning, not because the bass takes away from it the way it often does on single driver speakers.
Many cans have come and gone just check my SIG,
and these solidly hold their own with the best and you would spend a lot of money just to find out this truth..post #19448 of 212323/19/14 at 6:53pmQuote:
It is. I use a black/grey one with my M-100's and a purple/black one with my Paradox T50RP. (LFF ships his modded Fostex with one.) I also used them with my NAD Viso HP50 and Focal Spirit Pro. They incredibly durable and sound great. The angled jack is perfect for both strain relief on mobile inputs and for connecting to the side of the Fostex.
Pretty well a no brainer at the low price they sell them at.
Edited by AustinValentine - 3/19/14 at 6:55pmpost #19449 of 212323/19/14 at 7:45pmQuote:
If you ask nicely I will send u one assuming you're in the US. I've got three. Haha.post #19450 of 212323/19/14 at 8:26pmQuote:
LOL well I did order the VMODA but hell I'll snag one of the NuForce off you while I'm at it. Because why not, right? How much? :Ppost #19451 of 212323/19/14 at 8:54pmQuote:
I was actually talking about the V-MODA one...so I guess I'm too late. Haha.post #19452 of 212323/19/14 at 8:56pmQuote:
Hahaha sumbitch. Well what do you think of it? Avoids the impedance issue from the mic cable? Seems like everyone's saying it does, just looking for further justification for my purchase, LOLpost #19453 of 212323/19/14 at 8:57pmQuote:
Yeah like I said a page or so back...all of the cables are different. The audio only is obviously the best of the bunch because it doesn't throw in any variables like mics or buttons. So yeah...your 12 bucks is justified. No doubt.post #19454 of 212323/19/14 at 9:19pmQuote:
Yeah, I doubt "cable impedance" is what hurts the SharePlay cable, in general all y-splitter cables I've used have crosstalk and grounding issues, and the SharePlay is basically a big Y-Splitter.post #19455 of 212323/19/14 at 9:27pmQuote:
1.4 ohms on the SharePlay, 0.16 ohms for the Fiio. That's not chump change.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › New supraaural headphones from Thinksound: On1. 20 seconds ago
- › X5 firmware 2.36beta--folder jump, true random shuffle, more custom... 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH... 7 minutes ago
- › PS Audio Dectet ? 8 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 8 minutes ago
- › Centrance Mini-M8 9 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX850 iem. Woody 9 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 9 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)