- 11,661 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Audio Club - UW Seattle
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 7/3/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1297post #19441 of 211653/19/14 at 5:14pmQuote:I'm not sure how wiring works for a dual input. Maybe you can? Usually you hard-wire leads from both drivers of the headphone to the balanced cable. Should you do this, I'm not sure if you can still have unbalanced connections from the driver to the other input port.Originally Posted by indieman
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #19442 of 211653/19/14 at 5:19pmQuote:
Unless there's something about V-MODA's construction that you hate then get the V-MODA cable. It costs 1/3 as much, is lighter, has more flex around the strain reliefs, and a 45 degree plug.post #19443 of 211653/19/14 at 5:22pmQuote:
That's good enough for me, LOL. Ordering now.
EDIT: My main thing was avoiding the higher impedance that the speakeasy cable has, and I wasn't sure if it was a problem with VMODA in general or just that cable due to the inline mic (and yes, I've seen it measured).
Edited by SomeGuyDude - 3/19/14 at 5:26pmpost #19444 of 211653/19/14 at 5:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by ratinox
It's one input with two in-line jacks. That is, it's single-ended, dual entry. A simpler way to think of it is a Y splitter, or rather a Y joiner. If you connect different sources to each jack then you'll hear both sources through both cups. To make them balanced you need to remove the connections between the cups and complete the circuits on each side and then run monaural left and right pairs.
ok thanks for the clarification :)post #19445 of 211653/19/14 at 5:47pmJust to clarify, I bought the Nuforce cable because I hate the button and mic on the orange cable and it was just a tad microphonic. And it was orange. Any change in sound was just by the by.post #19446 of 211653/19/14 at 6:34pmpost #19447 of 211653/19/14 at 6:45pmQuote:I have to say these cans don't have anything missing and tic all the boxes for being one of the most musical cans just alive and liquid with nice treble spit lol.Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude
Everyone kinda forgets that the dual-diaphragm of the M100 really enables it to have the hefty bass output without sacrificing the mids and highs. Yeah, the mids are recessed, but it's the tuning, not because the bass takes away from it the way it often does on single driver speakers.
Many cans have come and gone just check my SIG,
and these solidly hold their own with the best and you would spend a lot of money just to find out this truth..post #19448 of 211653/19/14 at 6:53pmQuote:
It is. I use a black/grey one with my M-100's and a purple/black one with my Paradox T50RP. (LFF ships his modded Fostex with one.) I also used them with my NAD Viso HP50 and Focal Spirit Pro. They incredibly durable and sound great. The angled jack is perfect for both strain relief on mobile inputs and for connecting to the side of the Fostex.
Pretty well a no brainer at the low price they sell them at.
Edited by AustinValentine - 3/19/14 at 6:55pmpost #19449 of 211653/19/14 at 7:45pmQuote:
If you ask nicely I will send u one assuming you're in the US. I've got three. Haha.post #19450 of 211653/19/14 at 8:26pmQuote:
LOL well I did order the VMODA but hell I'll snag one of the NuForce off you while I'm at it. Because why not, right? How much? :Ppost #19451 of 211653/19/14 at 8:54pmQuote:
I was actually talking about the V-MODA one...so I guess I'm too late. Haha.post #19452 of 211653/19/14 at 8:56pmQuote:
Hahaha sumbitch. Well what do you think of it? Avoids the impedance issue from the mic cable? Seems like everyone's saying it does, just looking for further justification for my purchase, LOLpost #19453 of 211653/19/14 at 8:57pmQuote:
Yeah like I said a page or so back...all of the cables are different. The audio only is obviously the best of the bunch because it doesn't throw in any variables like mics or buttons. So yeah...your 12 bucks is justified. No doubt.post #19454 of 211653/19/14 at 9:19pmQuote:
Yeah, I doubt "cable impedance" is what hurts the SharePlay cable, in general all y-splitter cables I've used have crosstalk and grounding issues, and the SharePlay is basically a big Y-Splitter.post #19455 of 211653/19/14 at 9:27pmQuote:
1.4 ohms on the SharePlay, 0.16 ohms for the Fiio. That's not chump change.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › WIN Sennheiser HD 800 and a year worth of HDtracks downloads! 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 3 minutes ago
- › Passive Speaker/Amp Questions 3 minutes ago
- › DAP Recommendation 4 minutes ago
- › SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page FW download & general... 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)