- 15,652 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: ¿You Es Si?
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1297post #19441 of 228503/19/14 at 5:14pmQuote:I'm not sure how wiring works for a dual input. Maybe you can? Usually you hard-wire leads from both drivers of the headphone to the balanced cable. Should you do this, I'm not sure if you can still have unbalanced connections from the driver to the other input port.Originally Posted by indieman
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #19442 of 228503/19/14 at 5:19pmQuote:
Unless there's something about V-MODA's construction that you hate then get the V-MODA cable. It costs 1/3 as much, is lighter, has more flex around the strain reliefs, and a 45 degree plug.post #19443 of 228503/19/14 at 5:22pmQuote:
That's good enough for me, LOL. Ordering now.
EDIT: My main thing was avoiding the higher impedance that the speakeasy cable has, and I wasn't sure if it was a problem with VMODA in general or just that cable due to the inline mic (and yes, I've seen it measured).
Edited by SomeGuyDude - 3/19/14 at 5:26pmpost #19444 of 228503/19/14 at 5:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by ratinox
It's one input with two in-line jacks. That is, it's single-ended, dual entry. A simpler way to think of it is a Y splitter, or rather a Y joiner. If you connect different sources to each jack then you'll hear both sources through both cups. To make them balanced you need to remove the connections between the cups and complete the circuits on each side and then run monaural left and right pairs.
ok thanks for the clarification :)post #19445 of 228503/19/14 at 5:47pmJust to clarify, I bought the Nuforce cable because I hate the button and mic on the orange cable and it was just a tad microphonic. And it was orange. Any change in sound was just by the by.post #19446 of 228503/19/14 at 6:34pmpost #19447 of 228503/19/14 at 6:45pmQuote:I have to say these cans don't have anything missing and tic all the boxes for being one of the most musical cans just alive and liquid with nice treble spit lol.Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude
Everyone kinda forgets that the dual-diaphragm of the M100 really enables it to have the hefty bass output without sacrificing the mids and highs. Yeah, the mids are recessed, but it's the tuning, not because the bass takes away from it the way it often does on single driver speakers.
Many cans have come and gone just check my SIG,
and these solidly hold their own with the best and you would spend a lot of money just to find out this truth..post #19448 of 228503/19/14 at 6:53pmQuote:
It is. I use a black/grey one with my M-100's and a purple/black one with my Paradox T50RP. (LFF ships his modded Fostex with one.) I also used them with my NAD Viso HP50 and Focal Spirit Pro. They incredibly durable and sound great. The angled jack is perfect for both strain relief on mobile inputs and for connecting to the side of the Fostex.
Pretty well a no brainer at the low price they sell them at.
Edited by AustinValentine - 3/19/14 at 6:55pmpost #19449 of 228503/19/14 at 7:45pmQuote:
If you ask nicely I will send u one assuming you're in the US. I've got three. Haha.post #19450 of 228503/19/14 at 8:26pmQuote:
LOL well I did order the VMODA but hell I'll snag one of the NuForce off you while I'm at it. Because why not, right? How much? :Ppost #19451 of 228503/19/14 at 8:54pmQuote:
I was actually talking about the V-MODA one...so I guess I'm too late. Haha.post #19452 of 228503/19/14 at 8:56pmQuote:
Hahaha sumbitch. Well what do you think of it? Avoids the impedance issue from the mic cable? Seems like everyone's saying it does, just looking for further justification for my purchase, LOLpost #19453 of 228503/19/14 at 8:57pmQuote:
Yeah like I said a page or so back...all of the cables are different. The audio only is obviously the best of the bunch because it doesn't throw in any variables like mics or buttons. So yeah...your 12 bucks is justified. No doubt.post #19454 of 228503/19/14 at 9:19pmQuote:
Yeah, I doubt "cable impedance" is what hurts the SharePlay cable, in general all y-splitter cables I've used have crosstalk and grounding issues, and the SharePlay is basically a big Y-Splitter.post #19455 of 228503/19/14 at 9:27pmQuote:
1.4 ohms on the SharePlay, 0.16 ohms for the Fiio. That's not chump change.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 1 second ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 6 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 7 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 8 minutes ago
- › Cyberdrive Clarity Feather DAC 10 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear