- 13,900 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1297post #19441 of 215993/19/14 at 5:14pmQuote:I'm not sure how wiring works for a dual input. Maybe you can? Usually you hard-wire leads from both drivers of the headphone to the balanced cable. Should you do this, I'm not sure if you can still have unbalanced connections from the driver to the other input port.Originally Posted by indieman
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #19442 of 215993/19/14 at 5:19pmQuote:
Unless there's something about V-MODA's construction that you hate then get the V-MODA cable. It costs 1/3 as much, is lighter, has more flex around the strain reliefs, and a 45 degree plug.post #19443 of 215993/19/14 at 5:22pmQuote:
That's good enough for me, LOL. Ordering now.
EDIT: My main thing was avoiding the higher impedance that the speakeasy cable has, and I wasn't sure if it was a problem with VMODA in general or just that cable due to the inline mic (and yes, I've seen it measured).
Edited by SomeGuyDude - 3/19/14 at 5:26pmpost #19444 of 215993/19/14 at 5:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by ratinox
It's one input with two in-line jacks. That is, it's single-ended, dual entry. A simpler way to think of it is a Y splitter, or rather a Y joiner. If you connect different sources to each jack then you'll hear both sources through both cups. To make them balanced you need to remove the connections between the cups and complete the circuits on each side and then run monaural left and right pairs.
ok thanks for the clarification :)post #19445 of 215993/19/14 at 5:47pmJust to clarify, I bought the Nuforce cable because I hate the button and mic on the orange cable and it was just a tad microphonic. And it was orange. Any change in sound was just by the by.post #19446 of 215993/19/14 at 6:34pmpost #19447 of 215993/19/14 at 6:45pmQuote:I have to say these cans don't have anything missing and tic all the boxes for being one of the most musical cans just alive and liquid with nice treble spit lol.Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude
Everyone kinda forgets that the dual-diaphragm of the M100 really enables it to have the hefty bass output without sacrificing the mids and highs. Yeah, the mids are recessed, but it's the tuning, not because the bass takes away from it the way it often does on single driver speakers.
Many cans have come and gone just check my SIG,
and these solidly hold their own with the best and you would spend a lot of money just to find out this truth..post #19448 of 215993/19/14 at 6:53pmQuote:
It is. I use a black/grey one with my M-100's and a purple/black one with my Paradox T50RP. (LFF ships his modded Fostex with one.) I also used them with my NAD Viso HP50 and Focal Spirit Pro. They incredibly durable and sound great. The angled jack is perfect for both strain relief on mobile inputs and for connecting to the side of the Fostex.
Pretty well a no brainer at the low price they sell them at.
Edited by AustinValentine - 3/19/14 at 6:55pmpost #19449 of 215993/19/14 at 7:45pmQuote:
If you ask nicely I will send u one assuming you're in the US. I've got three. Haha.post #19450 of 215993/19/14 at 8:26pmQuote:
LOL well I did order the VMODA but hell I'll snag one of the NuForce off you while I'm at it. Because why not, right? How much? :Ppost #19451 of 215993/19/14 at 8:54pmQuote:
I was actually talking about the V-MODA one...so I guess I'm too late. Haha.post #19452 of 215993/19/14 at 8:56pmQuote:
Hahaha sumbitch. Well what do you think of it? Avoids the impedance issue from the mic cable? Seems like everyone's saying it does, just looking for further justification for my purchase, LOLpost #19453 of 215993/19/14 at 8:57pmQuote:
Yeah like I said a page or so back...all of the cables are different. The audio only is obviously the best of the bunch because it doesn't throw in any variables like mics or buttons. So yeah...your 12 bucks is justified. No doubt.post #19454 of 215993/19/14 at 9:19pmQuote:
Yeah, I doubt "cable impedance" is what hurts the SharePlay cable, in general all y-splitter cables I've used have crosstalk and grounding issues, and the SharePlay is basically a big Y-Splitter.post #19455 of 215993/19/14 at 9:27pmQuote:
1.4 ohms on the SharePlay, 0.16 ohms for the Fiio. That's not chump change.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › "The Lab" 4 seconds ago
- › Size Matters - Earpad hole measurements for Over-ear Headphones.... 8 seconds ago
- › Magni 2 and the Sennheiser HD 800? 9 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears 59 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2