Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1277

post #19141 of 21374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nec3 View Post
 


Because maybe it's a cheaper solution than just buying an entirely new headphone.

I bought the T50rp's in hopes to mod it and get a frequency response chart like the M100's.
I finished my modding, didn't like the results and just pulled the trigger on a new pair of headphones.

 

 

I mean more like the fact that the M100s have a pretty well known sound signature. Buying them and then trying to tone the bass down makes me wonder what it was about them that inspired a person to purchase them in the first place, y'know? If I wasn't looking for substantial bass I'm not sure these would have even been on my radar.

post #19142 of 21374
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

I mean more like the fact that the M100s have a pretty well known sound signature. Buying them and then trying to tone the bass down makes me wonder what it was about them that inspired a person to purchase them in the first place, y'know? If I wasn't looking for substantial bass I'm not sure these would have even been on my radar.

I bought them because I'm not made of money. My primary purpose for headphones is out hillwalking with my dogs. However I liked wearing the V-Moda's so much (not to mention my wife appreciating the quieter house when I'm wearing cans) that I started trying to tune them for the kind of music I listen to when chilling out indoors. I soon realized that the V-Moda's don't do that so well. I'm talking about folk/Americana, instrumental, that kind of thing. Enter AKG.

*edit* - Plus, I've always loved the AKG 6/7 series styling but could never justify the cost. These were a gift.
Edited by Zorrofox - 3/12/14 at 4:49pm
post #19143 of 21374
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

Just out of curiosity, why do people get the M100's if they want to mod/EQ them to flatten the response out? I'd imagine there are far more suitable products.

Why do people mod their cars with massive sub-woofers to increase the bass response? Aren't there more suitable cars that already have glass-shattering bass?

Well, no, there aren't.

Turns out there aren't many good, portable, closed headphones out there, either.
post #19144 of 21374
I'll tell you something strange though. Many people refer to the M-100's as basshead cans. We all know that's not true. You should hear the bass on the Q701's. Awesome quality. Their only problem, and it's a biggie, is they'd be disastrous outside. They'd sound great but you'd look ridiculous. One of the reasons I went with V-Moda in the first place was their discrete styling (at least in matt black).
post #19145 of 21374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrofox View Post


I bought them because I'm not made of money. My primary purpose for headphones is out hillwalking with my dogs. However I liked wearing the V-Moda's so much (not to mention my wife appreciating the quieter house when I'm wearing cans) that I started trying to tune them for the kind of music I listen to when chilling out indoors. I soon realized that the V-Moda's don't do that so well. I'm talking about folk/Americana, instrumental, that kind of thing. Enter AKG.

*edit* - Plus, I've always loved the AKG 6/7 series styling but could never justify the cost. These were a gift.

 

I was just curious because, yeah, I wondered what it was about the M100s that made you get them over the other options. They're not ultra pricy, but $300+tax sure isn't chump change. 


Edited by SomeGuyDude - 3/12/14 at 4:58pm
post #19146 of 21374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrofox View Post

I'll tell you something strange though. Many people refer to the M-100's as basshead cans. We all know that's not true. You should hear the bass on the Q701's. Awesome quality. Their only problem, and it's a biggie, is they'd be disastrous outside. They'd sound great but you'd look ridiculous. One of the reasons I went with V-Moda in the first place was their discrete styling (at least in matt black).



Whooooa there, let's not get ahead of ourselves :P

True, the Q701's have a more solid punchy extended bass. Although there's no beating the M-100's in bass boosting quantities with the added bass extension.

I use the M-100's for deep bass impact like drum n bass and any sibilant recordings I want any fun out of.

Edit: I took a stroll outside while it was 0 degrees celcius outside. I got some looks, but that's how much I fell in love with the Q701's as well.


Edited by Nec3 - 3/12/14 at 5:05pm
post #19147 of 21374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrofox View Post

I'll tell you something strange though. Many people refer to the M-100's as basshead cans. We all know that's not true. You should hear the bass on the Q701's. Awesome quality. Their only problem, and it's a biggie, is they'd be disastrous outside. They'd sound great but you'd look ridiculous. One of the reasons I went with V-Moda in the first place was their discrete styling (at least in matt black).

 

Uh, what?

 

I'm not sure you understand what "basshead" means, LOL. 

post #19148 of 21374
That's why I qualified my statement with the word "quality". Nowhere near as much quantity granted, but a beautiful texture.
post #19149 of 21374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrofox View Post

That's why I qualified my statement with the word "quality". Nowhere near as much quantity granted, but a beautiful texture.

 

Yep, referring to my previous statement. This is not what "basshead" means, haha. Basshead headphones are things like the Beats Mixrs, JVC HAMR line, Skullcandy Crushers, Monster NTunes, etc etc etc. 

post #19150 of 21374
Of course I know what bass-head means. I'm running two 12" Alpine Type-R subs powered by one mono Alpine 840W amp each. As well as Type-R components in the front and Type-G in the rear. In other words, I get it.
post #19151 of 21374
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

 

Yep, referring to my previous statement. This is not what "basshead" means, haha. Basshead headphones are things like the Beats Mixrs, JVC HAMR line, Skullcandy Crushers, Monster NTunes, etc etc etc. 


Picking one out from that list, I'd pick the SkullCandy Crushers. I heard that headphone spews out gobbles of bass. I wonder if it's better than a +40db bass boosted M100?

Edit:

I noticed there's holes in the M100's that exposes the foam inside the pads.. I'm going to hope that these don't absorb my body odor too bad..


Edited by Nec3 - 3/12/14 at 5:14pm
post #19152 of 21374
What I said was that OTHER people often refer to them as. I merely pointed out that we know this to be untrue.
post #19153 of 21374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrofox View Post

What I said was that OTHER people often refer to them as. I merely pointed out that we know this to be untrue.

 

Then you followed it up by saying "you should hear the Bass on the Q701!" when those don't have nearly as much. It was a perplexing statement because it sounded like you were claiming the AKG's are more of a basshead headphone than the M100's.

post #19154 of 21374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nec3 View Post
 


Picking one out from that list, I'd pick the SkullCandy Crushers. I heard that headphone spews out gobbles of bass. I wonder if it's better than a +40db bass boosted M100?

 

In the interest of science, I plugged in my e11 with the Bass Boost on +2 (highest setting) and turned up this song very loud:

 

 

I was a little nervous because I didn't want to hurt the drivers, but chanced it anyway.

 

My jawline was literally vibrating.

 

The M100s laughed at me and my piddly amplifier.

 

Wow.

post #19155 of 21374
Seriously mate, is English your first language? I made four statements concerning bass. The second addressed the first and the fourth (in a new sentence) addressed the third. That is the correct use of language; you merely mis-interpreted it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.