or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1267

post #18991 of 22931
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

I think $65 for a cable is a waste.

Hmm.. Possibly.. That's why im also wondering, is there any significant change when you use other 'special' cables..

I was just thinking of getting one because i just like a plain cable without the mic or the share play. And if there will really be a change.


O.T.
Is the bass of the m100 really not that noticeable when playing it in slightly low volume? Feeling like its rolled off.. Or it also depends on the file format of the music?
post #18992 of 22931
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppu08 View Post

I was just thinking of getting one because i just like a plain cable without the mic or the share play. And if there will really be a change.

There won't be. I went on a moderate length a week back on just what a super-expensive "premium" cable gets you (short version: proof that you were a sucker to have paid so much).
Quote:
Is the bass of the m100 really not that noticeable when playing it in slightly low volume? Feeling like its rolled off.. Or it also depends on the file format of the music?

Not the headphones or the format or the player or any of those things. It's just how human hearing works. We have a hard time hearing soft, low frequency sounds. Look up Fletcher-Munson Equal Loudness if you're curious about the details.
post #18993 of 22931
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratinox View Post

Not the headphones or the format or the player or any of those things. It's just how human hearing works. We have a hard time hearing soft, low frequency sounds. Look up Fletcher-Munson Equal Loudness if you're curious about the details.

 

It's also an old axiom in choral singing: the lower the pitch, the louder you have to sing to be audible.

post #18994 of 22931
^Ah.. Thanks for the feedback guys..

Just really wondering.. Hmm maybe will just stay with the one touch and mic cable for on the go..
post #18995 of 22931

Can anyone here tell me if the Fiio X3 works well with the m100? Would it be worth it for 160? I'm thinking of getting it.

post #18996 of 22931
post #18997 of 22931
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachharpo View Post

Can anyone here tell me if the Fiio X3 works well with the m100? Would it be worth it for 160? I'm thinking of getting it.

I personally didn't like the combo. Seemed to thin out and make the m100s less exciting. I actually like the iPod touch 5g better even without my c5d connected. The x3 disappointed me.
post #18998 of 22931
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachharpo View Post

Can anyone here tell me if the Fiio X3 works well with the m100? Would it be worth it for 160? I'm thinking of getting it.

Well , i haven't tried x3. Only had ipod classic , sandisk clip+ and dx50.But since i got the dx50 iam not using the others.
But as far as money is a concern, i think a rockboxed clip + cant be beaten to drive sensitive iems and headphones, it is awesome with my m100s.I actually think that a dap as the clip + specially at this price tag, quality and portability is a must have, beside any other dap you own or prefer let it be dx50, x3 or whatever.

Clip + rockboxed +6db bass + m100 and WOOAAAAAH !!!
post #18999 of 22931
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachharpo View Post

Can anyone here tell me if the Fiio X3 works well with the m100? Would it be worth it for 160? I'm thinking of getting it.

That is the setup I use and I like it a lot. There is just one thing you should take into account. The cables that come with the M100 all have TRRS connectors on the device side. TRRS connectors and the X3 don't play nice together, even the slightest movement of the connector can trigger the headphone disconnect detection on the X3, which automatically pauses the music. It's ok for stationery use, but for portable I recommend replacing the cable (or connector if you know how) for something with a regular TRS connector.
post #19000 of 22931

Thanks for all the answers, very helpful. I think I will hold off on the X3.

post #19001 of 22931

How do these compare to the Audio-Technica WS99 ?  I'm looking for some bass-heavy headphones to replace my ATH-M50s.  I listen to mainly rap and rock.

post #19002 of 22931
Quote:
Originally Posted by bth87 View Post
 

How do these compare to the Audio-Technica WS99 ?  I'm looking for some bass-heavy headphones to replace my ATH-M50s.  I listen to mainly rap and rock.

 

Well how much bass do you want? These are very thick on the bass, yes, but it's not on the level of "bass headphones" a la Monster DNA or Sony X05. What these do is give you an excellent response and powerful bass along the way. If you're looking for something that'll shake your skull, these won't do it (without EQ'ing that is, they absolutely CAN do it if you amp and tweak). 

post #19003 of 22931
Quote:
Originally Posted by bth87 View Post
 

How do these compare to the Audio-Technica WS99 ?  I'm looking for some bass-heavy headphones to replace my ATH-M50s.  I listen to mainly rap and rock.

 

The M100s are better for rap.  Built better, better seal because of a stronger clamp force, and just a thicker and more sub bass extention in their presentation.  The WS99s are probably my third favorite bass-centric headphones (behind the M100s and the 7520s) so if your budget is ~200 instead of 3 or 4 hundred, then they are a nice upgrade to the M50s.

post #19004 of 22931
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

 

Well how much bass do you want? These are very thick on the bass, yes, but it's not on the level of "bass headphones" a la Monster DNA or Sony X05. What these do is give you an excellent response and powerful bass along the way. If you're looking for something that'll shake your skull, these won't do it (without EQ'ing that is, they absolutely CAN do it if you amp and tweak). 


i actually dont find the monster dna "bassy", they are north of neutral but nothing like real bassy headphones ala beats studios, or even monster inspiration.

 

its bass is  pretty close aligned with the mids and treble. treble rolls off a bit quick for me but still more of a darker sound

post #19005 of 22931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post
 


i actually dont find the monster dna "bassy", they are north of neutral but nothing like real bassy headphones ala beats studios, or even monster inspiration.

 

its bass is  pretty close aligned with the mids and treble. treble rolls off a bit quick for me but still more of a darker sound

 

Are you talking about the DNA Pro or the DNA on-ear? The on-ear are SIGNIFICANTLY bassier than the Pro. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.