Does the 80/100db cap apply to bass? Sometimes I like to have fun for 10-15 minutes and max out the bass <150hz while retaining quiet/muddled highs/mids.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1266post #18976 of 229903/4/14 at 11:45am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18977 of 229903/4/14 at 11:59amQuote:
It's not the frequency. It's the amplitude, which is to say the energy or impulse of the sound waves. Sustained exposure to sound over about 85 dB SPL regardless of frequency will eventually damage your hearing and may cause permanent hearing loss.post #18978 of 229903/4/14 at 12:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude
I'll tell you what's funny: listening to music in bed and the dog wants to go for a walk, so you pause the music, take the dog out, and pop the headphones on and HOLY CRAP THE MUSIC IS VERY LOUD.
Time of day also matters. In the morning and late evening you need less volume because the ears are just more sensitive.
Very true, lol. Actually, the only times I really wear my cans outside are when I'm with my dogs.post #18979 of 229903/4/14 at 12:38pmpost #18980 of 229903/4/14 at 1:20pmQuote:
I wear mine... pretty much all day long, LOL. I have no doubts I'm gonna hurt my hearing from it. Gradually though, I hope.post #18981 of 229903/4/14 at 3:24pmQuote:
Ok i tried that and it worked, it was still hard but i got them off. Now to wait for my XL pads to arrive. I have to say im a bit of a basshead when it comes to car sound systems and my home theatre setup but ive always prefered a flatter frequency response with my HP's. I think the M-100's have finally changed my mind, when i put my HE0400's back on they sounded flat and quite boring until i EQ'd 4db of bass into them lolpost #18982 of 229903/4/14 at 3:41pmQuote:
Well... Seeing as my only decent set of cans are m100s and one of my music sources is the iPhone 5, a source many people have, I was curious what levels they listen to and what people think it's too loud with m100 to iPhone 5. From there it got a little off topic I suppose.post #18983 of 229903/4/14 at 4:02pmWhat changes (if any) do you guys think I can expect to hear when I put the Fiio E18 into the loop?
FLAC > Samsung Galaxy Note 3 > Neutron > Fiio E18 > V-Moda M-100's.
Edited by Solrighal - 3/4/14 at 4:03pmpost #18984 of 229903/4/14 at 4:22pmQuote:
In principle? Not a thing. E18 is supposed to be transparent so if you hear any changes then something is wrong.post #18985 of 229903/4/14 at 4:32pmpost #18986 of 229903/4/14 at 4:49pm
It seems like the sub bass is a little improved but I'd say it's probably my imagination. Nothing really changes but I still like having the amp because it's a finer volume control.
If you check the impedance chart on HeadRoom, it's completely flat at around 45 ohms.post #18987 of 229903/4/14 at 4:59pmpost #18988 of 229903/4/14 at 5:15pm
"Better DAC chip" doesn't mean much. What matters is the implementation of the whole circuit. If the implementation is transparent then it will be indistinguishable from every other transparent circuit.
In a vain attempt to keep this relevant, M-100 isn't the best headphone to gauge transparency of different DAC and amplifier circuits but it is good enough to catch the more egregious flaws that might exist in any of them.post #18989 of 229903/4/14 at 5:21pmpost #18990 of 229903/4/14 at 5:30pmI'll just have to wait and see I guess. I'd be srprised though if the audio circuitry in my phone is as good as something built specifically with sound quality in mind. I do have other headphones too of course. It might turn out good with the Shures.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 5 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 21 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 53 seconds ago
- › More durable pads for ATH M50 1 minute ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - Introducing KATANA 5 minutes ago
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear