Does the 80/100db cap apply to bass? Sometimes I like to have fun for 10-15 minutes and max out the bass <150hz while retaining quiet/muddled highs/mids.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1266post #18976 of 228213/4/14 at 11:45am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18977 of 228213/4/14 at 11:59amQuote:
It's not the frequency. It's the amplitude, which is to say the energy or impulse of the sound waves. Sustained exposure to sound over about 85 dB SPL regardless of frequency will eventually damage your hearing and may cause permanent hearing loss.post #18978 of 228213/4/14 at 12:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude
I'll tell you what's funny: listening to music in bed and the dog wants to go for a walk, so you pause the music, take the dog out, and pop the headphones on and HOLY CRAP THE MUSIC IS VERY LOUD.
Time of day also matters. In the morning and late evening you need less volume because the ears are just more sensitive.
Very true, lol. Actually, the only times I really wear my cans outside are when I'm with my dogs.post #18979 of 228213/4/14 at 12:38pmpost #18980 of 228213/4/14 at 1:20pmQuote:
I wear mine... pretty much all day long, LOL. I have no doubts I'm gonna hurt my hearing from it. Gradually though, I hope.post #18981 of 228213/4/14 at 3:24pmQuote:
Ok i tried that and it worked, it was still hard but i got them off. Now to wait for my XL pads to arrive. I have to say im a bit of a basshead when it comes to car sound systems and my home theatre setup but ive always prefered a flatter frequency response with my HP's. I think the M-100's have finally changed my mind, when i put my HE0400's back on they sounded flat and quite boring until i EQ'd 4db of bass into them lolpost #18982 of 228213/4/14 at 3:41pmQuote:
Well... Seeing as my only decent set of cans are m100s and one of my music sources is the iPhone 5, a source many people have, I was curious what levels they listen to and what people think it's too loud with m100 to iPhone 5. From there it got a little off topic I suppose.post #18983 of 228213/4/14 at 4:02pmWhat changes (if any) do you guys think I can expect to hear when I put the Fiio E18 into the loop?
FLAC > Samsung Galaxy Note 3 > Neutron > Fiio E18 > V-Moda M-100's.
Edited by Solrighal - 3/4/14 at 4:03pmpost #18984 of 228213/4/14 at 4:22pmQuote:
In principle? Not a thing. E18 is supposed to be transparent so if you hear any changes then something is wrong.post #18985 of 228213/4/14 at 4:32pmpost #18986 of 228213/4/14 at 4:49pm
It seems like the sub bass is a little improved but I'd say it's probably my imagination. Nothing really changes but I still like having the amp because it's a finer volume control.
If you check the impedance chart on HeadRoom, it's completely flat at around 45 ohms.post #18987 of 228213/4/14 at 4:59pmpost #18988 of 228213/4/14 at 5:15pm
"Better DAC chip" doesn't mean much. What matters is the implementation of the whole circuit. If the implementation is transparent then it will be indistinguishable from every other transparent circuit.
In a vain attempt to keep this relevant, M-100 isn't the best headphone to gauge transparency of different DAC and amplifier circuits but it is good enough to catch the more egregious flaws that might exist in any of them.post #18989 of 228213/4/14 at 5:21pmpost #18990 of 228213/4/14 at 5:30pmI'll just have to wait and see I guess. I'd be srprised though if the audio circuitry in my phone is as good as something built specifically with sound quality in mind. I do have other headphones too of course. It might turn out good with the Shures.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 18 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 35 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 1 minute ago
- › iCAN micro SE – (thanks to Meze - you guys are great!) Things are... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › IEM for pc Use <100 euro 4 minutes ago
- › Headphone suggestions for my office. 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear