- 36 Posts. Joined 2/2014
- Location: West Linn OR
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1253post #18781 of 229902/23/14 at 8:31pmCan someone who owns the m100s help me out. I'm wondering how detailed pianos sound with these. (Not classical music) Kind of an odd question but if you could help that would be appreciated.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18782 of 229902/23/14 at 8:36pmQuote:
I can tell you The Dresden Dolls sound AMAZING. I admit there's a lot of percussion going on with them, but the piano sings and shimmers, on the low notes you can hear the wobble of the thick strings, dynamics are all present. Fired up Aerith's Theme from FF7 covered by Dagmar Krug and I can't imagine needing any more out of 'em.post #18783 of 229902/23/14 at 8:48pmQuote:
+1 to someguydude's comments about the dresden dolls, they sound amazing. Warren Zevon also sounds amazing. I think you'll be happy with the m-100.post #18784 of 229902/23/14 at 9:13pm
Being an owner of both the M80s and M100, I'd like to mention that the M80s don't have the same sound signature. They're lighter on bass, and (perhaps therefore) better at mids imo. I love them both though!post #18785 of 229902/24/14 at 12:02amQuote:
Agreed...quite a bit different overall.post #18786 of 229902/24/14 at 3:09amTry the m100s on 2019kps or 1900kps with a DAC. Sounds amazing.
wow very flac
imho 941kps flac / alac sounds more realistic since 2000kps flac is sprouting sounds that humans can't hear. I can hear the difference between 941kps flac and 320kps.
Don't even talk to me about 256kps mp3. I have it but ignore the quality.
Try Phonat - Never (Asa & Sorrow Remix) on FLAC with a DAC with M100s. Oh damn that bass so titanius
Edited by Allucid - 2/24/14 at 3:13ampost #18787 of 229902/24/14 at 3:14amQuote:I have the Remix Remote from V-MODA and surprisingly they sound very good. Sound nothing like the M100s really, but they sound good for small earphones.Originally Posted by Red Jacket Mike
My girlfriend loves the sound of the M-100s with her iPhone 5, but she thinks they are too large. Does anyone here know of any on-ear headphones with a similar sound signature, but slightly smaller, thinner, and less noticeable? She can't wear IEMs or any type of earbuds, but wants something that is not so visible.
Thanks for any suggestions anyone can give.post #18788 of 229902/24/14 at 7:21amQuote:
After a little under a year of usage, I started noticing tears in my White M-100 headband and I repaired them with liquid leather. I used to toss my headphones into my backpack without using the case and I think the shuffling around inside my bag started to wear on them. Use the case if you throw them inside a bag. Otherwise, regular around the head/neck usage shouldn't be a problem.post #18789 of 229902/24/14 at 7:24ampost #18790 of 229902/24/14 at 8:14amQuote:
Detail is remarkably good for what's supposed to be a fun headphone. Savatage makes extensive use of grand piano in their music including several songs that are mostly piano solos. They sound fine on my M-100's. That is, the piano sounds like a piano and not a violin or a synthesizer or something. Maybe I'd notice a difference side by side with a live grand piano but listening on my commute? Nah.
Along those lines, Apocalyptica + Crossfade M-100 = magnificent.post #18791 of 229902/24/14 at 5:17pmpost #18792 of 229902/24/14 at 6:27pmpost #18793 of 229902/24/14 at 6:29pmpost #18794 of 229902/24/14 at 6:32pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO In-Ear Monitors EX1 2nd gen is on the market now ! 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - Introducing KAISER ENCORE and SAGE 4 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Returning to CANS.... researching is a pain...$600-$1600 4 minutes ago
- › Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android |... 6 minutes ago
- › ZMF Ori and Eikon Pad Sale on MassDrop 7 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear