- 36 Posts. Joined 2/2014
- Location: West Linn OR
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
I would like to thank Ken from Campfire Audio for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Introduction ALO Audio has been an established name in the industry for...
Introduction The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) is a company that I am very fond of. I absolutely loved their previous flagship, the TFZ Series 5 and praised it with very high word. It became one of my...
From the Doukaudio website: "Shenzheng Cavins Technology Co.,LTD has been established since 2014.. We are devoted to design and research of hi-end level of audio equipments under our own brand...
Brainwavz Intro ABOUT US Brainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range...
Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD A Serious Common Denominator | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION Angles of Approach There’s always been a certain connotation...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1253post #18781 of 228362/23/14 at 8:31pmCan someone who owns the m100s help me out. I'm wondering how detailed pianos sound with these. (Not classical music) Kind of an odd question but if you could help that would be appreciated.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18782 of 228362/23/14 at 8:36pmQuote:
I can tell you The Dresden Dolls sound AMAZING. I admit there's a lot of percussion going on with them, but the piano sings and shimmers, on the low notes you can hear the wobble of the thick strings, dynamics are all present. Fired up Aerith's Theme from FF7 covered by Dagmar Krug and I can't imagine needing any more out of 'em.post #18783 of 228362/23/14 at 8:48pmQuote:
+1 to someguydude's comments about the dresden dolls, they sound amazing. Warren Zevon also sounds amazing. I think you'll be happy with the m-100.post #18784 of 228362/23/14 at 9:13pm
Being an owner of both the M80s and M100, I'd like to mention that the M80s don't have the same sound signature. They're lighter on bass, and (perhaps therefore) better at mids imo. I love them both though!post #18785 of 228362/24/14 at 12:02amQuote:
Agreed...quite a bit different overall.post #18786 of 228362/24/14 at 3:09amTry the m100s on 2019kps or 1900kps with a DAC. Sounds amazing.
wow very flac
imho 941kps flac / alac sounds more realistic since 2000kps flac is sprouting sounds that humans can't hear. I can hear the difference between 941kps flac and 320kps.
Don't even talk to me about 256kps mp3. I have it but ignore the quality.
Try Phonat - Never (Asa & Sorrow Remix) on FLAC with a DAC with M100s. Oh damn that bass so titanius
Edited by Allucid - 2/24/14 at 3:13ampost #18787 of 228362/24/14 at 3:14amQuote:I have the Remix Remote from V-MODA and surprisingly they sound very good. Sound nothing like the M100s really, but they sound good for small earphones.Originally Posted by Red Jacket Mike
My girlfriend loves the sound of the M-100s with her iPhone 5, but she thinks they are too large. Does anyone here know of any on-ear headphones with a similar sound signature, but slightly smaller, thinner, and less noticeable? She can't wear IEMs or any type of earbuds, but wants something that is not so visible.
Thanks for any suggestions anyone can give.post #18788 of 228362/24/14 at 7:21amQuote:
After a little under a year of usage, I started noticing tears in my White M-100 headband and I repaired them with liquid leather. I used to toss my headphones into my backpack without using the case and I think the shuffling around inside my bag started to wear on them. Use the case if you throw them inside a bag. Otherwise, regular around the head/neck usage shouldn't be a problem.post #18789 of 228362/24/14 at 7:24ampost #18790 of 228362/24/14 at 8:14amQuote:
Detail is remarkably good for what's supposed to be a fun headphone. Savatage makes extensive use of grand piano in their music including several songs that are mostly piano solos. They sound fine on my M-100's. That is, the piano sounds like a piano and not a violin or a synthesizer or something. Maybe I'd notice a difference side by side with a live grand piano but listening on my commute? Nah.
Along those lines, Apocalyptica + Crossfade M-100 = magnificent.post #18791 of 228362/24/14 at 5:17pmpost #18792 of 228362/24/14 at 6:27pmpost #18793 of 228362/24/14 at 6:29pmpost #18794 of 228362/24/14 at 6:32pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 36 seconds ago
- › Ranking the stars - Flinkenick's Flagship 16 IEM shootout 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › [Trade] AK100 + phones/iem + £s (wtd: dac or phones) [GBP/UK] 2 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 3 minutes ago
- › RME Babyface good as a DAC? 4 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 4 minutes ago
- › Neutral IEM's 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 5 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by flinkenick
- › TFZ Balance 2M by ustinj
- › Nobsound NS-01E Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo HiFi Amp Audio... by crabdog
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Etymotic ER4XR by leaky74
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear