- 715 Posts. Joined 1/2005
- Location: Dundee, Scotland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I just got a pair of AKG K712s, so I needed an amp. It came down to choosing between ALO Audio's The National, and the International which were both being sold by the Headphone Bar in Vancouver....
First off- I got these for $130 from Newegg, and for that price they are a bargain. The $400 list price is way too expensive. Th fit and finish are beautiful on these, my only complaint would be...
I must admit It's been quite the journey with the company T-PEOS since I tried their H-100 going way back to October - 2012. Since then I've heard most of T-PEOS mid tier line up including H-200...
This card is really great if you're looking to power higher impedance cans at a bargain price. Another really great thing about this is that it's microphone input is vastly superior to that of most...
I've used most of the old-school brands (Grado, AKG, Sennheiser, Sony, Koss, David Clark, ...) and have tried several of the Jonny-come-latelys, and the HD700s are simply the best for comfort and...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1247post #18691 of 192422/20/14 at 6:20pmThis is why I was initially looking at the E18, the best of both worlds. The JDS Labs C5D sounds undoubtedly better but it's a fair chunk more expensive and much more difficult to find in the UK.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18692 of 192422/20/14 at 6:35pmI just had a look and I'd pay £120 for next day delivery of a Fiio E18. A JDS Labs C5D would cost $250 before delivery of at least another $50. You guys don't know how lucky you are. Those amps should be direct competitors but not here they're not :-(post #18693 of 192422/20/14 at 6:36pmQuote:
An e18 is $160 in the US, the C5D is $250, both before shipping. Where are they direct competitors?post #18694 of 192422/20/14 at 6:52pmWell I was originally talking about the E12 but then started thinking about the E18 and that's when folks chipped in about the JDS and AlO and I made an assumption they were all in the same ball park. Clearly they're not. I just want to know if an E18 is going to deliver improvements, that's all.post #18695 of 192422/20/14 at 6:57pmpost #18696 of 192422/20/14 at 7:32pm
Hi everyone. :)
I just bought the M-100 in ' white silver ' from their website shortly ago... and I was wondering which city/state do they ship from?
Also, which portable amp would pair up nicely with M-100 that cost <100?
Thank you! :3
Edited by Miss Roxy - 2/20/14 at 7:36pmpost #18697 of 192422/20/14 at 7:35pmQuote:Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet!
The C&C BH or BH2 pair really well with the M-100. I tried the BH during a local Head-Fi meet last year and I was pleasantly surprised at how it sounded with the M-100. I recently tried the BH2 at a super mini-meet yesterday with the iBasso DX50 portable media player and I was again impressed by how it sounds considering its price.post #18698 of 192422/20/14 at 7:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by miceblue
Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet!
The C&C BH or BH2 pair really well with the M-100. I tried the BH during a local Head-Fi meet last year and I was pleasantly surprised at how it sounded with the M-100. I recently tried the BH2 at a super mini-meet yesterday with the iBasso DX50 portable media player and I was again impressed by how it sounds considering its price.
Thank you for the welcome & suggestion! Yeah... the headphone is so damn expensive that I can't afford to spend more than $100 on the amp atm. XD
Is the amp only available from China?
post #18699 of 192422/20/14 at 8:03pmQuote:
If you want thumping bass, skip the LP's and go for the LP2's. The bass is cleaner and tighter, plus they have an extra year warranty. Between that and the better sound, they're a far better deal than the LP's. IMHO, the og LP's should be discontinued.Quote:
Los Angeles, CA.post #18700 of 192422/20/14 at 8:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by NiteWalker
If you want thumping bass, skip the LP's and go for the LP2's. The bass is cleaner and tighter, plus they have an extra year warranty. Between that and the better sound, they're a far better deal than the LP's. IMHO, the og LP's should be discontinued.
Los Angeles, CA.
Ah okay, thank you!
If that's the case, I should receive the headphone within a day even though I chose free shipping. :D
Edited by Miss Roxy - 2/20/14 at 8:29pmpost #18701 of 192422/20/14 at 8:46pmpost #18702 of 192422/20/14 at 9:14pmQuote:
I'm with you. This is part of the reason I sent my shadows back. I bought them brand new from amazon, but they sent me a used pair. The ribbon wasn't on the box and the shields didn't have the protective plastic on them. Nothing like cutting the ribbon.post #18703 of 192422/20/14 at 9:19pmQuote:
Way too many people have had that happen on Amazon. I'm thinking headphones shouldn't be purchased there at all.post #18704 of 192422/20/14 at 9:26pmI bought T90s from Amazon and it came with another dude's result. I was pissed! That is just deceitful. There should be no way a used pair of headphones would ever be mistakenly sent as new unless it's being done on purpose.post #18705 of 192422/20/14 at 9:31pmQuote:
Amazon sent me used stuff in the past, too... ( even though it's supposed to be new )
My problem wasn't a headphone that I bought from amazon... but it was a rice cooker, hamster wheel, and breville tea maker.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › So what do I need? 8 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › What song drops the deepest bass? 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › What the f... 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › What difference should I expect? AK120->RWAK120 + SE846 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › WESTONE Um pro50 vs W40 5 minutes ago
- › Differences between tube amps and solid-state amps - How do I know... 5 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › Schiit Mjolnir by tamleo
- › Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones by Kadano
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by KT66
- › Noontec ZOROHDBLK ZORO HD True Sound Headphones with Inline Mic and... by BillsonChang007
- › Hisoundaudio BA100 by Jazmanaut
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude