or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1187

post #17791 of 22850
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo View Post
 

Has anyone used their M-100's with the Astell & Kern AK100 ?  Did they pair well?  Is an external amp needed?  I posted similar question over in the AK100 Thread, thought I might get more responses here.

 

Thanks for any input?

No amp need, but again I have the AK120 but amp wise should be the same.

post #17792 of 22850

Thanks, Dr. Sheep.

post #17793 of 22850

NP, FYI there is a second version of the AK100 coming out.

post #17794 of 22850
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post
 

NP, FYI there is a second version of the AK100 coming out.

Should be out already.  It's really just one with a lower headphone output impedance I believe.  Some links for your reference.

 

www.aloaudio.com/ak100-mk2

http://www.head-fi.org/t/688879/astell-kern-ak-100-mk2

post #17795 of 22850

Yeah, I new about the AK100 MK2, but don't want to spend the extra $100 if not needed.  I don't use super sensitive IEM's, for that matter, I don't use IEM's period.

 

Thanks.

post #17796 of 22850
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo View Post
 

Yeah, I new about the AK100 MK2, but don't want to spend the extra $100 if not needed.  I don't use super sensitive IEM's, for that matter, I don't use IEM's period.

 

Thanks.

In this case you do, as the old one has a 21 ohms input impedance, which is too high for the M-100.

post #17797 of 22850

Just spotted the M-100 in White Silver at the beginning of the Gay Pride Parade scene in "Blue is the Warmest Color."

post #17798 of 22850

I messed up when I bought my m100's. I got the pearl white with red shields.  I should go back to the stock shields but there kind of a pain to take out and put another set of shields on.  The red and white aren't very manly looking.

post #17799 of 22850
Quote:
Originally Posted by golferbrad6664 View Post
 

I messed up when I bought my m100's. I got the pearl white with red shields.  I should go back to the stock shields but there kind of a pain to take out and put another set of shields on.  The red and white aren't very manly looking.

STOP CRYING ABOUT IT AND BE A MAN AND SPORT THOSE BAD BOYS!!!

post #17800 of 22850

I still where em just not in public much. I might put the stock shields back on or buy some black shadow ones

post #17801 of 22850
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

In this case you do, as the old one has a 21 ohms input impedance, which is too high for the M-100.

Thanks, again, DrSheep. That was more the answer I was looking for. I knew there was some issues between the AK100 and low impedance earphones/headphones; just wasn't sure if 32ohm was too low. I think I will just pocket my holiday bonus and stick with my iBasso DX50, which has served me well with no issues. Just kinda wanted to try the AK100.
post #17802 of 22850
post #17803 of 22850
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo View Post


Thanks, again, DrSheep. That was more the answer I was looking for. I knew there was some issues between the AK100 and low impedance earphones/headphones; just wasn't sure if 32ohm was too low. I think I will just pocket my holiday bonus and stick with my iBasso DX50, which has served me well with no issues. Just kinda wanted to try the AK100.

Wait for used AK120 when CES2014 rolls around when they announced the new AK140 or whatever.

post #17804 of 22850
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo View Post


Thanks, again, DrSheep. That was more the answer I was looking for. I knew there was some issues between the AK100 and low impedance earphones/headphones; just wasn't sure if 32ohm was too low. I think I will just pocket my holiday bonus and stick with my iBasso DX50, which has served me well with no issues. Just kinda wanted to try the AK100.

Personally, I feel like there is a lot of room for improvement in the usability department for the AK100/AK120.  They sound great, but the screen sucks and software is nothing to write home about.  They are also excessively priced, IMO, even for an audiophile part.  Consider a 64GB iPod touch as a competitive product.  I wouldn't expect it to be nearly twice the price.  Sure, there are benefits from an audio quality standpoint, but there are also many drawbacks.  I feel like they are charging for those benefits, and ignoring the obvious shortcomings.  I think $500 for the AK100 would be reasonable.  Maybe $700 for the AK120.  The current pricing is just too aggressive, in a bad way.  This is especially true when you consider that the company making them is known for their VERY inexpensive players.  

 

Sorry for the OT rant.  I really love the fact that someone is putting together a quality iPod alternative for audiophiles.  I just hope they develop a desire to actually compete.  :) 

post #17805 of 22850

Remember, the EXACT same thing can be said about any Ferrari, but there are no shortage of people lining up to buy the 458.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.