^^What he said^^
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1153
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17282 of 1909910/25/13 at 7:46pm
I went to the store the next day, they don't offer outright replacement and I don't understand why. They told me to contact the distributor here in Singapore instead. Too inconvenient as it is only open during weekdays, which mean I need to apply for leave at work also. I tried to contact V-Moda support online but they also told me to contact V-Moda China if I want a replacement. Is this really their policy or has anyone experience the same?post #17283 of 1909910/25/13 at 8:57pmQuote:Just fill up the warranty form in V-Moda's website. They will give you instructions. I had mine shipped from Malaysia directly to their HQ in LA.Originally Posted by mrbranch
I went to the store the next day, they don't offer outright replacement and I don't understand why. They told me to contact the distributor here in Singapore instead. Too inconvenient as it is only open during weekdays, which mean I need to apply for leave at work also. I tried to contact V-Moda support online but they also told me to contact V-Moda China if I want a replacement. Is this really their policy or has anyone experience the same?post #17284 of 1909910/26/13 at 12:34amQuote:
Thanks TJ. Seems like I have no choice but to send it back to V-Moda. But lesson learned, when buying at the store esp for items that are so called "controlled" as there are fake items out there, open it right away, inspect and test. Ask how to claim warranty, replacement and return policy too.post #17285 of 1909910/26/13 at 1:22ampost #17286 of 1909910/26/13 at 8:34am
I believed credit should be given when it is due. Great Job V-Moda on releasing the XL pads to addressing comfort issue and thank you for taking into consideration of our comments and ideas . Well done Val .
To sum it all up not much changes in terms of sound quality apart from what have been mentioned here . Sounded a ted bit airy ... and I mean just a slight bit which to me is ignorable . Which can be a good or bad depends on personal preference . I personally think its a plus.
Also would like to thank miceblue for the youtube video and comments .
Edited by grandmike - 10/26/13 at 8:35ampost #17287 of 1909910/26/13 at 9:31amQuote:
Did the place where you got it happen to send it in a Casio box?
Anyway, there's a SN sticker on the inner side of the headband, above the left cup.post #17288 of 1909910/26/13 at 10:58amQuote:Originally Posted by mrbranch
I went to the store the next day, they don't offer outright replacement and I don't understand why. They told me to contact the distributor here in Singapore instead. Too inconvenient as it is only open during weekdays, which mean I need to apply for leave at work also. I tried to contact V-Moda support online but they also told me to contact V-Moda China if I want a replacement. Is this really their policy or has anyone experience the same?
So they don't allow returns period? I would probably avoid shopping there in the future. I would also send the details of your experience to V-MODA so that they are aware of the practices of their dealers.post #17289 of 1909910/26/13 at 11:34ampost #17290 of 1909910/26/13 at 11:39am
I was wondering if anyone came across an IEM with similar sound qualities of the M-100? I'm using and iPod w/ Verza listening to ALAC files. I love my M-100 but sometimes I just gotta travel light. Thanks!post #17291 of 1909910/26/13 at 12:34pm
Yay! My package arrived. The pads are incredible, very comfortable and the different acoustics improve the sound by my tastes. I use these headphones ALOT, every day for several hours, and my ears were too big for the previous pads so this was an enormous improvement for me. There is an added punchyness for the upper bass range and the sub-bass is less "rumbly" feeling, which was slightly uncomfortable over long periods of time before the XL pads. The highs feel a little brighter and the mids a tad less recessed now. Also, the soundstage feels quite larger, and the pads isolate sound a tad less than the previous ones. I like the new sound alot, and the comfort is a world apart from the previous pads, for me.
I got new shields to boot, and this time I've made a very complicated, dithered, double sided design for them. I chose aqua blue, but it wasn't available, so I went for the darker blue which turned out to look WAY better than the aqua blue by my tastes. I should note that my M-100's are white, yet my XL pads are black, and I was afraid this might clash in the beginning, but it turned out to look incredible with my new shields. Check it:
Close up of the shield design:
I also got the new Boom Mic and the free Faders, which I would like to add are surprisingly high quality, and do a very good job of blocking sound. I'm going to start using them at the range :)
I play online games and have a really crappy microphone at home, and use my default laptop microphone when I'm playing at my base, so the new Boom Mic I got will replace those. Very happy about that.
I'm very satisfied with all this new stuff, I even recommended my M-100's to a good friend of mine, and he bought them when he was in Hong Kong. He got the default Shadow ones so I was all showing off the new stuff I got to him.
If only there was an option to buy the case as I lost it on the train :(
PGX out ;D
Edited by PsychoGenetiX - 10/26/13 at 12:38pmpost #17292 of 1909910/26/13 at 12:34pmQuote:
yea lol. In Asia, most stores do NOT allow return for anything. just different shopping practices.post #17293 of 1909910/26/13 at 12:43pmQuote:
It didn't come with a product registration card. Could you elaborate on that SN sticker on the inner side of the headband? I don't see it on mine :(post #17294 of 1909910/26/13 at 1:04pmQuote:
On the inside of the headband, above the left cup, there should be an L and text that says crossfade M-100. Above that should be a silver sticker that has the SN.post #17295 of 1909910/26/13 at 1:11pmQuote:
lol... it's totally not there....
So the fact I don't have a sticker with the SN, a product registration card, and I got it from a 3rd party on Amazon (totally didn't realize that until now)... probably means I have a fake right? I guess the price of $269 was too good to be true lol.
Edited by money4me247 - 10/26/13 at 1:16pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 second ago
- › Vsonic are working on two SHURE like IEMs 10 seconds ago
- › Audeze Headphones Available For Demonstration | London, UK 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 1 minute ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 6 minutes ago
- › Dark Voice 339 7 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › External DAC instead of sound card? 9 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 9 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - HiFiman visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.084! pg. 1 9 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude