Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1144

post #17146 of 20972

After a week of using the XL pads on my daily commute I've decided that I'm switching back to stock. I'm a little bummed about it, since I like the way they look and their comfort with glasses is much improved, but the sound just isn't as engaging as it used to be. I found that some genres did improve, such as rock, jazz and electronic music, but my main genres, pop and kpop, suffered. Thanks for the experiement, Val, but you got it right the first time.

post #17147 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post
 

After a week of using the XL pads on my daily commute I've decided that I'm switching back to stock. I'm a little bummed about it, since I like the way they look and their comfort with glasses is much improved, but the sound just isn't as engaging as it used to be. I found that some genres did improve, such as rock, jazz and electronic music, but my main genres, pop and kpop, suffered. Thanks for the experiement, Val, but you got it right the first time.

 

Well, Val pretty much called it from the get-go. This is why I think V-MODA's next circumaural headphones should be designed around the XL pads...If the much-comfier XLs were a part of the tuning from the outset, I think we could get both a sound and comfort master -- with no compromises on either end.

post #17148 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
 

 

Well, Val pretty much called it from the get-go. This is why I think V-MODA's next circumaural headphones should be designed around the XL pads...If the much-comfier XLs were a part of the tuning from the outset, I think we could get both a sound and comfort master -- with no compromises on either end.

 

You need to think more outside the box. The next over ear headphones from V-MODA should have much larger driver enclosures. Something roughly the size of the HifiMAN HE-500/400 or Sennheiser HD 600/650 driver enclosures. The pads should be at least as thick as the XL pads if not thicker. I would love to see them scale up the M-100 all the way around: larger driver enclosures, thicker and wider headband, velour ear pads, and open back air breathing drivers. I'm sure Val could make an awesome headphone along these lines and then sell it for roughly $500.

post #17149 of 20972

V-MODA's designs have always focused on portability, and DJ-friendly functionality. A bigger, open-backed headphone in the V-MODA style would be awesome, but I don't think that is part of their MO. I think the next headphone is codenamed Milan, or maybe it's the now legendary Revolver with rotating cups, which again leads me to believe they will be small, portable and close-backed. Modiophile does mean Mobile-audiophile, right?

post #17150 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post
 

After a week of using the XL pads on my daily commute I've decided that I'm switching back to stock. I'm a little bummed about it, since I like the way they look and their comfort with glasses is much improved, but the sound just isn't as engaging as it used to be. I found that some genres did improve, such as rock, jazz and electronic music, but my main genres, pop and kpop, suffered. Thanks for the experiement, Val, but you got it right the first time.

I agree. To me, the sound of the M100s took a major hit with the XLs. If the headphones originally came with the XLs, I doubt I would have bought them.

post #17151 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Lawn View Post
 

I agree. To me, the sound of the M100s took a major hit with the XLs. If the headphones originally came with the XLs, I doubt I would have bought them.

Well, but again it should have been tuned differently.

post #17152 of 20972

just curious for any m100 users (probably mostly everyone here) how has the hinge held up over time? is it still as amazing as it is on the first day? (only seen youtube videos but still

 

how is its long term longevity?

post #17153 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post
 

Well, but again it should have been tuned differently.

I tried EQing the mids to get it to sound like the stock pads, but something was just off. I can't quite put my finger on it, but my music was just less "fun." I even tried pushing the earcups closer to my head with XL pads on to see if correcting the distance would change the sound back, but it still wasn't right. Now I'm back to stock and I'm happy again, though I do get a little soreness from my glasses after an hour, but I'll live with that. Even my KSC75 gets uncomfortable eventually.

post #17154 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post
 

just curious for any m100 users (probably mostly everyone here) how has the hinge held up over time? is it still as amazing as it is on the first day? (only seen youtube videos but still

 

how is its long term longevity?

I've had mine for almost a year and no problems here. Still clicky and still satisfying.

post #17155 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post
 

just curious for any m100 users (probably mostly everyone here) how has the hinge held up over time? is it still as amazing as it is on the first day? (only seen youtube videos but still

 

how is its long term longevity?


Works as well today as when I purchased over a year ago.

post #17156 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

"Aw yeah!"-ing at the song with the M-100s. XD

I don't know how to type this line break:
while using mobile Head-Fi.
It's five or more minuses. Or, apparently, rule inside brackets (I see it in my quote to you).

I personally don't like SHE... unless it's a different Chinese band of the same name than the SHE my first girlfriend re gifted me one of their albums for me for my birthday. I liked her, tried to like the music, but it was kinda like Chinese "Spice Girls" and not for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post

V-MODA's designs have always focused on portability, and DJ-friendly functionality. A bigger, open-backed headphone in the V-MODA style would be awesome, but I don't think that is part of their MO. I think the next headphone is codenamed Milan, or maybe it's the now legendary Revolver with rotating cups, which again leads me to believe they will be small, portable and close-backed. Modiophile does mean Mobile-audiophile, right?

I thought it was Modern-Audiophile.
post #17157 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post
 

 

V-MODA fans, don't worry about it as a gamble.  It is a sick product we built for ourselves to use and the elite that get to enjoy it will.   It is by no means meant to be a "mass consumer" targeted product.  It does, however, give us a lot of R&D, vital feedback and proves that V-MODA is gunning to be the most innovative mobile audiophile in the world from all angles.

 

Trust me, it is a sick product to own and we all LOVE ours dearly.  But we understand it is not a V-MODA product that is for the public pool (I was thinking of an analogy but that is first that came to my head).


[edited out] - Nhan
 

Cheers,


Val 

 

Yes, it stands for modern audiophile as well.

post #17158 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post
 


Works as well today as when I purchased over a year ago.

nice thats a huge plus! everything else on the market i see, the hinge is so weak or the area around it

 

*ahem* beats monster

 

they get very loose over time

and the plastic around it breaks

 

don't own beats but saw a couple of my buddies 

post #17159 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

"Aw yeah!"-ing at the song with the M-100s. XD

I don't know how to type this line break:
while using mobile Head-Fi.
It's five or more minuses. Or, apparently, rule inside brackets (I see it in my quote to you).

I personally don't like SHE... unless it's a different Chinese band of the same name than the SHE my first girlfriend re gifted me one of their albums for me for my birthday. I liked her, tried to like the music, but it was kinda like Chinese "Spice Girls" and not for me.

Ha, she [the electronic artist] ≠ S.H.E [the Mandopop group], although I like some of their songs too.

 

 

A lot of Chinese pop is kind of the same. I tend to prefer Cantopop more though.

 

 

 

 

Or some of the Taiwanese rock artists.


Edited by miceblue - 10/18/13 at 2:13pm
post #17160 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman5293 View Post
 

You need to think more outside the box. The next over ear headphones from V-MODA should have much larger driver enclosures. Something roughly the size of the HifiMAN HE-500/400 or Sennheiser HD 600/650 driver enclosures. The pads should be at least as thick as the XL pads if not thicker. I would love to see them scale up the M-100 all the way around: larger driver enclosures, thicker and wider headband, velour ear pads, and open back air breathing drivers. I'm sure Val could make an awesome headphone along these lines and then sell it for roughly $500.

 

That's so far out of the box it's in a different warehouse. :p If V-MODA made a giant, $500, open-backed, velour-padded monstrosity, I know I would be last in line to order one...considering none of those specifications appeal to me or fit my use patterns (I'm not a big "sitting inert, anchored to my home headphone station" type of person). ;) What I should have said, I guess, was that V-MODA's M-100 replacement (of the kind focused, as SpiderNhan stated, on portability and DJ-friendly functionality) should be built around the XL pads and tuned with them in mind.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.