Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1130

post #16936 of 20902
T__T why don't Vmoda allow shipping to Malaysia. I want to get the XL earpad:triportsad: I contact the local authorised reseller but they say they have still yet to get any feedback from vmoda. Is there any other ways i can get the XL earpad for my m100. X.X of course don't expect me to fly to US to get the earpad TT.
post #16937 of 20902

Hey guys, 

 

I'm quite new to head-fi but i wanted to know if anybody knew of anywhere in the UK that sell replacement pads for the M100s?

 

I bought these about 2 months ago, however i have hardly used them. I love the way they sound however they are so uncomfortable!

After about 20 mins of use, i can't stand them. The pressure on the ears get painful. ( I may need to stretch out the headband).

 

Any advise would be great :) 

post #16938 of 20902
Quote:
Originally Posted by qmc1001 View Post
 

Hey guys, 

 

I'm quite new to head-fi but i wanted to know if anybody knew of anywhere in the UK that sell replacement pads for the M100s?

 

I bought these about 2 months ago, however i have hardly used them. I love the way they sound however they are so uncomfortable!

After about 20 mins of use, i can't stand them. The pressure on the ears get painful. ( I may need to stretch out the headband).

 

Any advise would be great :) 

 

Get XL pads from V-MODA.com, it's the only way.

post #16939 of 20902
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSeiryu View Post

T__T why don't Vmoda allow shipping to Malaysia. I want to get the XL earpad:triportsad: I contact the local authorised reseller but they say they have still yet to get any feedback from vmoda. Is there any other ways i can get the XL earpad for my m100. X.X of course don't expect me to fly to US to get the earpad TT.
I'm from Malaysia and I ordered the XL pads directly from V Moda's website.
post #16940 of 20902
Seriously? But according to their shipping policy they don't ship to Malaysia x.x
post #16941 of 20902
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSeiryu View Post

Seriously? But according to their shipping policy they don't ship to Malaysia x.x

 

If you proceed to checkout, there are shipping options to Malaysia

post #16942 of 20902
Thanks for the info and tjcheong too redface.gif can't wait to try the XL earpad.
Edited by LordSeiryu - 10/4/13 at 11:32pm
post #16943 of 20902
Quote:
Originally Posted by qmc1001 View Post

Hey guys, 

I'm quite new to head-fi but i wanted to know if anybody knew of anywhere in the UK that sell replacement pads for the M100s?

I bought these about 2 months ago, however i have hardly used them. I love the way they sound however they are so uncomfortable!
After about 20 mins of use, i can't stand them. The pressure on the ears get painful. ( I may need to stretch out the headband).

Any advise would be great smily_headphones1.gif 

I imagine Amazon will have them at some point, but we are probably talking months away unfortunately.

I'm in the UK and ordered mine direct from V-MODA. I paid for priority shipping at $30, so with the current exchange rate you're looking at about £30 for pads and shipping. I bought other stuff at the same time, so my package got stopped and charged at customs. All still arrived within 2 weeks from despatch though.
post #16944 of 20902

Got my XL pads installed.  Damn, these are a MUST have for comfort alone.  I need to spend some time with them before making any sound comments.

 


Edited by HiFiGuy528 - 10/5/13 at 8:08am
Reply
post #16945 of 20902

SWEET! The XL pads are out! I am going to order some, I have the White M100. Should I get the black pads or the grey? I currently have the Gold Shields with them. Also is there any difference in sound with the black pad vs the grey?  I believe Val had mentioned something about that. Yay Mike! Can't wait for the vid!

post #16946 of 20902

After 9 months I am very happy to have the XL pads! This is how the stock pads turned out:

 

post #16947 of 20902

I recently got the M-100 ( absolutely love them and probably the best 300 dollars I could spend on headphones for me) and while the Regular pads don't hurt at all... Is it still worth getting the XL pads ?

post #16948 of 20902
Sorry to break from all the XL Pads talk, but I was just wandering if anyone does anything as far as preventative maintenance for their m-100's. With talk on here about rusting hinges on some folks's m-100's. I was wandering if it would be beneficial to apply some sort of lubricant or rust protectant to keep them from rusting or would this just hinder the hinge mechanism. I personally haven't had any issues with my headphones and take extra measures in keeping them clean and good condition, only listening to them in home, office or travels; always kept in case and never worn while sweating. But I feel you can never be too safe.

I haven't applied anything to the hinges, yet, as I don't want to hinder there performance. Just wanted to see what you guys think?
post #16949 of 20902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
 

I recently got the M-100 ( absolutely love them and probably the best 300 dollars I could spend on headphones for me) and while the Regular pads don't hurt at all... Is it still worth getting the XL pads ?

 

If you want a more balanced sound (based on the experiences from people in this thread who have the XL pads) from your M-100s or want even more comfort, sure. If you prefer the original V-shaped sound signature then no.

 

While I knew changing pads would change the sound signature, I'm a bit disappointed that the XL pads make them more balanced, since I specifically bought the M-100s for their fun sound. If the regular pads didn't cause me any discomfort, I personally wouldn't change, but then again, I have Momentums for a balanced portable so that probably influences my judgment.

post #16950 of 20902

These headphones with the xl pads are absolutely incredible. Listened for three hours straight with zero comfort issues. Well worth the wait. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.