Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1129

post #16921 of 20968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post
 

Regarding the XL pads, I just realized I installed seam up.  Does it matter?  I feel like I pressed my luck regarding potential damage just switching out once and prefer not to reverse the position if there is no need.  The thickness seems symmetrical, so I'm thinking the difference is only cosmetic.

 

I doubt it matters, outside of it being a pain to get them on upside down.  There's a little flat spot on the plastic shell of the pad (on the inside), that you have to match up on the bottom of the headphone...so it probably should be the correct way (with the seam down).  Otherwise it would just be universal and wouldn't have that indentation.

post #16922 of 20968
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post
 

 

I doubt it matters, outside of it being a pain to get them on upside down.  There's a little flat spot on the plastic shell of the pad (on the inside), that you have to match up on the bottom of the headphone...so it probably should be the correct way (with the seam down).  Otherwise it would just be universal and wouldn't have that indentation.

Thanks, a single sheet instruction page would have been nice for V-Moda to include.

post #16923 of 20968
Would you recommend getting the XL Pads if you have little to no comfort issues, but would like to have a more balanced sound? I feel as though at some points the bass can be overwhelming (depending on the song)
post #16924 of 20968
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanfisher5 View Post

Would you recommend getting the XL Pads if you have little to no comfort issues, but would like to have a more balanced sound? I feel as though at some points the bass can be overwhelming (depending on the song)

 

Yes.

post #16925 of 20968

Just got my XL pads and they're extremely comfortable :). The sound has changed, but I'm not sure how to describe the change. The only disappointment is that the XL pads didn't come in a box :( missing out on that great feeling of opening the box to something brand new and awesome ....


Edited by Rangen4life4 - 10/3/13 at 6:59pm
post #16926 of 20968

LPs with XL pads...  Might be thinking on this for a while.

 

As an aside, is there any chance someone has a spare LP case?  Mine officially went bust two days ago, and I am not too keen on bringing the LPs without them or the $23 price tag.

post #16927 of 20968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

Thanks, a single sheet instruction page would have been nice for V-Moda to include.

Totally agree. I didn't even notice until after I put them both on...the opposite of each other. Then I took the one off w the seam up and noticed it was the one that was harder to get on and the indentation was at the bottom. They should definitely include something.
post #16928 of 20968
XL pads with the Faders is pretty not uncomfortable. Though the treble is pretty much gone, the midrange pretty recessed, and the bass is bloated, there's a ton of noise isolation. I could pretty much only hear the hum of the bus engine and a few people talking nearby (I couldn't understand them though). I think the combo would be great for airplane trips!
post #16929 of 20968
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

XL pads with the Faders is pretty not uncomfortable. Though the treble is pretty much gone, the midrange pretty recessed, and the bass is bloated, there's a ton of noise isolation. I could pretty much only hear the hum of the bus engine and a few people talking nearby (I couldn't understand them though). I think the combo would be great for airplane trips!

 

Even though the sound is not great, for an airplane is recommendable, specially for movies and things like that. I enjoyed it in my last flights to Spain (10-14hr depending on the route). In fact, I now use it as isolation with other cans. :D

 

I´ve been considering these guys for long now:

 

http://www.amazon.com/Etymotic-Research-ETY-Plugs-Protection-Earplugs/dp/B0044DEESS

 

Apparently the reduction of noise is equally distributed along all the spectrum.


Edited by Ashade - 10/3/13 at 8:48pm
post #16930 of 20968
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post


Totally agree. I didn't even notice until after I put them both on...the opposite of each other. Then I took the one off w the seam up and noticed it was the one that was harder to get on and the indentation was at the bottom. They should definitely include something.

While V-Moda does many things right, they seem to be dropping the ball on details.  I have been waiting for over two months for a replacement of a cracked wingplate.  In a few weeks I plan to attend the Philly headphone meet with my M-100 and when everyone asks about the tape holding my wingplate together, I will need to explain to others who may be considering the M-100 that the wingplates are fragile and I have been waiting for months for a replacement.  I would rather focus on the sound.

post #16931 of 20968
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanfisher5 View Post

Would you recommend getting the XL Pads if you have little to no comfort issues, but would like to have a more balanced sound? I feel as though at some points the bass can be overwhelming (depending on the song)

Yes, with the XL pads, the M-100 sounds uncannily similar to the PSB M4U line and the NAD HP50.  However, bassheads should avoid the XL pads since the M-100 loses a bit of the mid-bass punch.


Edited by Craigster75 - 10/4/13 at 5:04am
post #16932 of 20968
Just got the xl pads. I'm new to the game, how do I change them without breaking something. Thx
post #16933 of 20968
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post


Yeah, he's right. I think any headphones with your usage would break the poor thing.

 

So how you treat yours? Are you treating it like a baby? I was just using mine normally. It's not like Im throwing it here and there.

 

Could you give a scenario for extreme listener?

post #16934 of 20968
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveTurboLag View Post
 

 

But, but…music doesn't break headphones, extreme listeners do!

 

So how you treat yours? Are you treating it like a baby? I was just using mine normally. It's not like Im throwing it here and there.

 

Could you give a scenario for extreme listener?

post #16935 of 20968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutch1979 View Post

Just got the xl pads. I'm new to the game, how do I change them without breaking something. Thx

Here is a video demo.  Install with the seam at the bottom.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjhiMq9GPx4

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.