Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1123

post #16831 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealRice View Post
 

i heard alot of good things about the B&O H6, did you just try the model in the apple store, it could have been defective or something wrong with it, i just dont wanna buy something and return it because i dont have alot of time in my schedule

 

I've tried them here in Australia for a brief few minutes, and they sound pretty standard to me...

post #16832 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post
 

 

I've tried them here in Australia for a brief few minutes, and they sound pretty standard to me...

crap i forgot to respond to dr, sheep, standard in meaning what??

post #16833 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealRice View Post
 

crap i forgot to respond to dr, sheep, standard in meaning what??

 

Standard, in general, to me, is "ehh"..

 

I didn't listen to them for long enough I guess, since 5 minutes is a pretty short time period, for around one song and a half. 

 

They were slightly bright, not so much dark/warm sounding, but overall kinda neutral. I won't go into specifics with them since like I said, I didn't use them for long enough, but all I can say is that they have quality detailing and micro-detailing, but weren't full-sounding. 

 

Anyone who has heard them for longer than I have, can justify their findings, but that's all I picked up in the short time span of using them.


Edited by SkyBleu - 9/28/13 at 8:38pm
post #16834 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealRice View Post
 

i heard alot of good things about the B&O H6, did you just try the model in the apple store, it could have been defective or something wrong with it, i just dont wanna buy something and return it because i dont have alot of time in my schedule

 

I went to the B&O store and demo it for over 30 mins with my iPhone 4S with the V-MODA VAMP.  The store was decently quiet so overall testing wise it was decent.  I almost bought the H6 twice, but because of my test, I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  I suggest you get the Mr. Speakers Alpha Dog for a little more instead.

post #16835 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman5293 View Post

I'd just like to say that the M-100 pairs beautifully with the Schiit Lyr. Sounds absolutely incredible. Everything is so smooth, clear, and detailed.
Really? I would think the lyr is way to powerful for the M-100. The lyr puts out something like 6 watts into 32 ohms. Have you heard the M-100 with the M&M stack? I'm still very interested in reading some opinions on the M-100 with it.
post #16836 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckle490 View Post


Really? I would think the lyr is way to powerful for the M-100. The lyr puts out something like 6 watts into 32 ohms. Have you heard the M-100 with the M&M stack? I'm still very interested in reading some opinions on the M-100 with it.

 

Actually I usually have the Lyr at about 11 o'clock with my M-100. Yes it is a powerful amp but only if you need to it to be. It's perfectly capable of running lower ohm headphones. 

 

Also, yes I have used the M&M stack. I have it. Sounds very good for the money. I'm currently using the Modi with the Lyr though. There's no comparison between the Lyr and the Magni. The Magni just can't compete. However, the Magni is by far the best amp you can get for the money. 

post #16837 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealRice View Post
 

i heard alot of good things about the B&O H6, did you just try the model in the apple store, it could have been defective or something wrong with it, i just dont wanna buy something and return it because i dont have alot of time in my schedule

 

Like I said in your M-100 vs H6 thread, I liked it because it's different than the M-100. As a V-MODA fan (I have the M-80 also) it's nice to hear a different sound signature than what I'm used to. However, in regards to your question of getting both, I think it may be better to pick up a closed headphone and an open one instead of two closed headphones. That way you've got your bases covered. For the same price as the H6 you can pick up a HE-400 which sounds incredible.

post #16838 of 20972
Just demoed these out at the Microsoft store with just some lossless tracks on my iPhone and It wasn't bad. Definitely bass heavy but i agree with what Tyll said that there isn't any major peaks so you don't feel like your missing anything. Still way too much bass than what I like but as a basshead can, these are great!
post #16839 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioKyle View Post

Just demoed these out at the Microsoft store with just some lossless tracks on my iPhone and It wasn't bad. Definitely bass heavy but i agree with what Tyll said that there isn't any major peaks so you don't feel like your missing anything. Still way too much bass than what I like but as a basshead can, these are great!

If you like the overall sound of M-100 but find them too bassy, I recommend the NAD HP50.

post #16840 of 20972

I can't wait for the XL pads to arrive whenever that day is. I'm at home too lazy to get my K 701 upstairs and these pads are killing my ears. >.>

post #16841 of 20972

has any one else noticed that the noise isolation appears lower with the XL pads?

post #16842 of 20972

To me, the seal felt higher with the XL pads, and they are definitely warmer to wear.  I really hope Tyll at innerfidelity tests the new pads, as he does isolation curves too.  

post #16843 of 20972

My order shipped out today, I ordered the VTF XL's on 8/19....

post #16844 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove audioguy View Post

Hey guys i am gonna get the m100s but i have a problem choosing between matte black or shadow
I have both and I love shadow all the way.
post #16845 of 20972
I just got the shipping notification for my XL Pads. Hopefully they get here quickly.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.