Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1118

post #16756 of 21041

The M100 with XL pads is extremely comfy.  There is still some clamp, but the force is much better dispersed on the head, particularly on the back of the cheek in front of the ear.  They are definitely now more comfortable than any on-ear headphones I've worn extensively, such as the B&W P5, the AT ATH-ESW9, and the M80.  Bigger over-ear sealed headphones like the AT A900X are still more comfortable around the ear, but the bigger over-ear sealed headphones are usually heavier, and can cause some discomfort on the top of my head.  The M100 doesn't feel as heavy when worn.  The only issue I can see right now is of course heat buildup -- they will serve as amazing earmuffs in December!

post #16757 of 21041
Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post

In my experience, it's variable. Sometimes it'll be super quick (as in multiple replies within the same day), and sometimes it takes a couple attempts over the course of a week or two to get a response. Not that I'm emailing them all the time or anything...I just had a few back-and-forths with customer support when cracks started appearing in different parts of my M-100s.

Hmm, thanka for your side of the story. I just emailed them, and I got a returning email stating that it had been received and I got a ticket number. Hopefully, they'll get back to me soon, within today if possible, instead of making me wait a week or two..

I ordered faceplates with the XL Pads, and I was wondering if it had been shipped yet. Because I want a design on my plates if they have yet to ship it.
post #16758 of 21041

I just contacted V-MODA support inquiring about my now missing XL pads. To say that I am perturbed about this whole situation would be an understatement. This should have been a first come first serve situation but for whatever reason V-MODA doesn't believe in that.

post #16759 of 21041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman5293 View Post

I just contacted V-MODA support inquiring about my now missing XL pads. To say that I am perturbed about this whole situation would be an understatement. This should have been a first come first serve situation but for whatever reason V-MODA doesn't believe in that.
+1
post #16760 of 21041

i got my status shipped probably gonna receive it tomorrow, but i didnt know they have colours (grey)

post #16761 of 21041
I took the cheapest shipping option...did that include tracking?
post #16762 of 21041

You guys are giving me the itch to buy a set of the XL pads. I wonder how the grey pads would look on the matte black m-100's.

post #16763 of 21041
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

I took the cheapest shipping option...did that include tracking?

 

Even I took the same.. nope that does not include tracking. 

 

I also ordered immediately when they went live with the VTF.. still awaiting shipment.. :(

post #16764 of 21041
Quote:
Originally Posted by fade2blak View Post
 

 

Even I took the same.. nope that does not include tracking. 

 

I also ordered immediately when they went live with the VTF.. still awaiting shipment.. :(

 

Well, we will have to wait an extra week or so:) Nevertheless, it's on its way!

post #16765 of 21041
Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
 

 

In my experience, it's variable. Sometimes it'll be super quick (as in multiple replies within the same day), and sometimes it takes a couple attempts over the course of a week or two to get a response. Not that I'm emailing them all the time or anything...I just had a few back-and-forths with customer support when cracks started appearing in different parts of my M-100s.

+1- fast response on amp issues, but waiting two months for a replacement cracked wingplate.

post #16766 of 21041
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT A-hole View Post
 

You guys are giving me the itch to buy a set of the XL pads. I wonder how the grey pads would look on the matte black m-100's.

I only waited for gray because I own the white and I felt there would be too much contrast with black pads.  If I owned matte black, I would want black pads, but that's just me.

post #16767 of 21041
Yeah that's kinda what i'm thinking too. Black it is. I'll probably wait until shipping times are shorter though.
post #16768 of 21041
Does anyone know of any customs fees on these to England? Will the method/speed of delivery make any difference?
post #16769 of 21041
Quote:
Originally Posted by adman164 View Post

Does anyone know of any customs fees on these to England? Will the method/speed of delivery make any difference?

If you bought the pads and nothing else, they should be under the allowed limit for duty (£18 I believe) as the exchange rate should make them around £12-13 and you won't be charged anything.

I bought custom shields and a spare cable with mine, so I might get fees if customs decides to have a look at the package. The annoying thing is that the duty won't be very much, but they tack on a handling charge for collecting the fees which is often more than what you owe the taxman!

I paid for the tracked priority international shipping and it looks like my package is on its way to the UK now. Hope yours arrive soon.
post #16770 of 21041

I received a reply from V-MODA on the status of my XL pads. They aren't shipping the next batch till next Thursday or Friday. Also, the people who have theirs shipped are picked at random it seems. 

 

This is absolutely ridiculous! :mad:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.