Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1110

post #16636 of 20235
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGeldMann View Post
 

Has anybody received their XL Pads yet?

 

They aren't shipping till October most likely. Don't expect to get them for at least the next two weeks.

post #16637 of 20235

Hey guys I'm new to the personal audio gig and wanted to ask a couple quick questions. I own a set of matte black m-100's and just ordered a Fiio E17 (non-alpen). I will primarily be using this set up with my SGS4 and my laptop, ASUS G75vw. I was wondering what the difference was between the E17 and E17 Alpen. Also if the E17 would provide a worthwhile difference to the M-100's. Thanks in advance

post #16638 of 20235
As far as I know, the E17 is alpen yes or yes. I might be wrong, but I think Fiio gives all its models a mountain nickname. This way the E07K is Andes and there is no non-Andes version out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT A-hole View Post

Hey guys I'm new to the personal audio gig and wanted to ask a couple quick questions. I own a set of matte black m-100's and just ordered a Fiio E17 (non-alpen). I will primarily be using this set up with my SGS4 and my laptop, ASUS G75vw. I was wondering what the difference was between the E17 and E17 Alpen. Also if the E17 would provide a worthwhile difference to the M-100's. Thanks in advance
post #16639 of 20235
Is the E7 the non-Andes version?

I hate all of these mountain names....Alpen, Andes, Kilimanjaro, Montblanc...
post #16640 of 20235
Well, the E7 is the E7. It might not have a nickname but it's definitely not the E07K. But I am not aware of any upgrade to the E17 keeping the same name. I might be wrong though.

BTW, for real you don't like the names? I think those mountain names are neat!!
Edited by Ashade - 9/19/13 at 10:23am
post #16641 of 20235

No one calls the equipment by their "mountain names" and it just makes it all the more confusing.

 

People say:

E6

E06

E7

E17

E07K

E11

E12

 

But never:

Fujiyama

Andes

Alpen

Kilimanjaro

Mont Blanc

 

"Aww yiss...the Alpen is so good!" No, people say: "Aww yiss...the E17 is so good!"

post #16642 of 20235
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post
 

No one calls the equipment by their "mountain names" and it just makes it all the more confusing.

 

People say:

E6

E06

E7

E17

E07K

E11

E12

 

But never:

Fujiyama

Andes

Alpen

Kilimanjaro

Mont Blanc

 

"Aww yiss...the Alpen is so good!" No, people say: "Aww yiss...the E17 is so good!"

 

:D

post #16643 of 20235

People say... people say... It looks like a big deal to you... Well, I am sorry for that. I have to disagree and I would rather say there is a bigger tendecy to use the model names instead of the mountains, but I've seen people using the mountains.

 

Anyway, not trying to get into controversy, although it looks like you are always searching for it but eah, you are the guru here. I thought the point was to try to clarify if there were two or one "E17".


Edited by Ashade - 9/19/13 at 12:22pm
post #16644 of 20235

There is only one E17.

 

Sadly mine has stopped working but I'll be sending it in for the warranty so I can try it with my new m100.

I plan to order the XL pads if they get good reviews and snag a pair of shields once I make up my damn mind on the design. :dt880smile: 

 

Maybe the thicker pads will offer better sound isolation.

post #16645 of 20235

Thanks for the clarification. I was also wondering if the E17 will provide a noticeable improvement to my M-100's?

post #16646 of 20235
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT A-hole View Post
 

Thanks for the clarification. I was also wondering if the E17 will provide a noticeable improvement to my M-100's?

 

Noticeable? Yes, but from my limited experience with amps I think that whatever differences you're expecting to hear will probably be no where near as dramatic. The amp "cleans up" the sound a bit. Tighter bass, more control, a bit more clarity and a wider soundstage but the differences are very nuanced like an ice-cold bottle of Coke compared to a glass of Coke with ice in it and a straw.

post #16647 of 20235
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post
 

 

Noticeable? Yes, but from my limited experience with amps I think that whatever differences you're expecting to hear will probably be no where near as dramatic. The amp "cleans up" the sound a bit. Tighter bass, more control, a bit more clarity and a wider soundstage but the differences are very nuanced like an ice-cold bottle of Coke compared to a glass of Coke with ice in it and a straw.

 

I wasn't really expecting a night and day difference really. I just want to take them one step further. Whenever I feel I want a huge gain in performance I will probably pony up and buy a more expensive set of cans.

post #16648 of 20235
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT A-hole View Post
 

 

I wasn't really expecting a night and day difference really. I just want to take them one step further. Whenever I feel I want a huge gain in performance I will probably pony up and buy a more expensive set of cans.

 

The E17 will be great, then. It's a little tricky getting it to play nicely with Windows 7, but it's leaps and bounds over my on board sound card and it synergizes well with the M-100.

post #16649 of 20235
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post
 

 

The E17 will be great, then. It's a little tricky getting it to play nicely with Windows 7, but it's leaps and bounds over my on board sound card and it synergizes well with the M-100.

 

What about usability with Windows 8?

post #16650 of 20235
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT A-hole View Post
 

 

What about usability with Windows 8?

 

Just plug it in and it should work. Shouldn't need any help. Plug and play. Both my E07K and Modi work automatically without any special drivers on Windows 8.


Edited by Tman5293 - 9/19/13 at 10:50pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.