Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1092

post #16366 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post

I was tempted to buy one of the NuForce Transient cables since my attempt at removing frayed fabric with a lighter resulted in my M-100 cable getting these pointy nubs that would stick to my clothes. Then I noticed that beneath the fabric of the M-100 cable is just a plain black rubber cable. A pair of scissors and 10 minutes later yielded this:

It looks tackier in the picture that it does in person. Now, no more microphonics, and no more clothing stickiness.

O_o', if I knew you are going to do this, I might just as well give you my new 3 button cable...

post #16367 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post

XLR would kinda defeat the portability factor, requiring a balanced amp and all :p

But come to think of it, going balance with RSA might still work.

post #16368 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

But come to think of it, going balance with RSA might still work.

I emailed Drew of Moon Audio about this and it is only doable if you hard-wire them. Note the cables only go into the earcups with none going into them from the headband. So a lot of work involved certainly.
post #16369 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by x838nwy View Post


I emailed Drew of Moon Audio about this and it is only doable if you hard-wire them. Note the cables only go into the earcups with none going into them from the headband. So a lot of work involved certainly.

Yeah, I figured as such...

post #16370 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

O_o', if I knew you are going to do this, I might just as well give you my new 3 button cable...

Thanks, DrSheep, but I have no need for a 3-button cable since I don't have any Apple products. I'm sure you can find someone on these forums who'll love it.

post #16371 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post

Thanks, DrSheep, but I have no need for a 3-button cable since I don't have any Apple products. I'm sure you can find someone on these forums who'll love it.

It's too late already, I already mailed it out to someone last week, whom has yet to pay me back...

post #16372 of 20874

A hint for all Europeans in this thread:

Amazon.es is selling the black M-100s for only EUR 197,84 - http://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00A39PPDK/

 

That is a real bargain, IMO.

post #16373 of 20874
I've heard about comfort issues with the m100...how does it compare with the momentum in this aspect???And is the m100 good only for bassheads?? I don't like too much bass...
Edited by AN94Master - 8/28/13 at 8:11am
post #16374 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by AN94Master View Post

I've heard about comfort issues with the m100...how does it compare with the momentum in this aspect???And is the m100 good only for bassheads?? I don't like too much bass...

Comfort issues will vary from person to person. If you have larger ears, you may encounter some comfort issues while you should have no problem with the headband, as it is easily adjustable and problems are easy to fix. I have no experience with the Momentum, so I am unable to offer a valid comparison.

I like to have a strong bass presence in my music and (to my relatively untrained ear) the M-100 does a very good job with the amount of bass it incorporates. As has been noted in many reviews, the mids are slightly recessed, but one simply needs to EQ their music to their liking.
post #16375 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by AN94Master View Post

I've heard about comfort issues with the m100...how does it compare with the momentum in this aspect???And is the m100 good only for bassheads?? I don't like too much bass...

 

To MY ears, the Momentums were less comfortable than the M100s.

Also, if you don't like TOO much bass, DON'T get the M100s.

 

 

Thanks.

post #16376 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

 

To MY ears, the Momentums were less comfortable than the M100s.

Also, if you don't like TOO much bass, DON'T get the M100s.

 

 

Thanks.

 

Between m-100 and momentums I think that momentum is defintely the more comfortable. Momentum are lighter, clamp less and ears don't become hot. For me momentum become more comfortable after some break in time...

post #16377 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdonati84 View Post

 

Between m-100 and momentums I think that momentum is defintely the more comfortable. Momentum are lighter, clamp less and ears don't become hot. For me momentum become more comfortable after some break in time...

It always baffles me why anyone would honestly thinks that the Momentum can be more comfortable than the M-100 when 1, it has a smaller ear pads with even smaller inner dimensions; 2, cloth instead of leather for the inner piece; 3, M-100 hand band can be bended over much more than the Momentum; 4, XL pad is out for the M-100.

post #16378 of 20874

I don't know if anyone noticed an update on the XL pads on the V-Moda website,

 

http://v-moda.com/xl-memory-cushions/

 

~ Now ships in 3-4 weeks

~ A set of two cushions

~ Actual size and specs

 

Excited :)

post #16379 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by fade2blak View Post

I don't know if anyone noticed an update on the XL pads on the V-Moda website,

 

http://v-moda.com/xl-memory-cushions/

 

~ Now ships in 3-4 weeks

~ A set of two cushions

~ Actual size and specs

 

Excited :)

We sure did, and it was listed under VTF for a little bit.

post #16380 of 20874
Has anyone gone though the exchange process? How long does it usually take?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.