Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
Introduction: One of my favorite parts of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
I have to say I was very impressed with this little beauty. For my 63 yr. young ears after being subjected to some of the most ferocious live hard rock and heavy metal it really does justice to...
Setup I got my pair on sale for $150 USD. I have had a few lower end AKG headphones and have never been disappointed with the value and sound signature they offered. It's been a long time...
This is my first review. Honestly I am quite new to head-fi although I have tried and bought and sold a lot of headphones and earphones lately. I bought a pair of MA750 a week ago for 108USD in...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1091post #16351 of 216258/26/13 at 2:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16352 of 216258/26/13 at 7:07pmpost #16353 of 216258/26/13 at 9:38pm
E17 make them sound night and day better. I run them at two levels reduced bass (-4) and they shine. Without reduced bass the bass is too overpowering, messing up with the mids. I would recommend E17 or any other good DAC.post #16354 of 216258/27/13 at 6:00amSo I bought the XL Pads last week, and I also bought other stuff with it, such as a cable and faceplates.
Will my cable and plates be arriving in 6-8 weeks time with my XL Pads, or will they come first, and then the XL pads later on in the weeks to come?post #16355 of 216258/27/13 at 6:18amQuote:
No idea but I think they will be shipped together to save postage.post #16356 of 216258/27/13 at 6:19ampost #16357 of 216258/27/13 at 6:20ampost #16358 of 216258/27/13 at 6:26amQuote:
That actually might work, but not sure how well. The port can be either output or input at the same time, so there is nothing to stop this kind of setup. However, I am hoping that they splite into mono right and left and not just duplicate the stereo to both sides.post #16359 of 216258/27/13 at 6:30amQuote:
Right/Left would be a cool feature that might make the cable work exceptionally well, as opposed to just two stereos.
The cable is pricier than the price I paid for my M-100's at $275 USD.post #16360 of 216258/27/13 at 6:34amQuote:
The caption of the pic from Moon-Audio is for the hardwired version, so yeah... But I think the regular kind is just a single plug version.
p.s. it will be cool for the M-100 to go balanced with XLR, but I think that's overkill and not worth the cost.
Edited by DrSheep - 8/27/13 at 6:35ampost #16361 of 216258/27/13 at 6:41amQuote:
Oh...hardwired edition...ahh well!
Haha, XLRs for M-100's would look totally kick arse, even though its a major overkill.post #16362 of 216258/27/13 at 7:32amQuote:
Seriously, it would look sick, but be a hassle with the case I think.post #16363 of 216258/27/13 at 7:34ampost #16364 of 216258/27/13 at 7:37amQuote:
I don't think the case should be considered anymore. With the new XL Pads coming out, I'm pretty sure that'll already render our cases useless.post #16365 of 216258/27/13 at 8:11am
I was tempted to buy one of the NuForce Transient cables since my attempt at removing frayed fabric with a lighter resulted in my M-100 cable getting these pointy nubs that would stick to my clothes. Then I noticed that beneath the fabric of the M-100 cable is just a plain black rubber cable. A pair of scissors and 10 minutes later yielded this:
It looks tackier in the picture that it does in person. Now, no more microphonics, and no more clothing stickiness.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Destiny 30 seconds ago
- › OnePlus One 3 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 5 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 5 minutes ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 6 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 8 minutes ago
- › The Custom Art's Flagship - Harmony 8 and 8pro CIEM - discussion... 9 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2