Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1091post #16351 of 230008/26/13 at 2:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16352 of 230008/26/13 at 7:07pmpost #16353 of 230008/26/13 at 9:38pm
E17 make them sound night and day better. I run them at two levels reduced bass (-4) and they shine. Without reduced bass the bass is too overpowering, messing up with the mids. I would recommend E17 or any other good DAC.post #16354 of 230008/27/13 at 6:00amSo I bought the XL Pads last week, and I also bought other stuff with it, such as a cable and faceplates.
Will my cable and plates be arriving in 6-8 weeks time with my XL Pads, or will they come first, and then the XL pads later on in the weeks to come?post #16355 of 230008/27/13 at 6:18amQuote:
No idea but I think they will be shipped together to save postage.post #16356 of 230008/27/13 at 6:19ampost #16357 of 230008/27/13 at 6:20ampost #16358 of 230008/27/13 at 6:26amQuote:
That actually might work, but not sure how well. The port can be either output or input at the same time, so there is nothing to stop this kind of setup. However, I am hoping that they splite into mono right and left and not just duplicate the stereo to both sides.post #16359 of 230008/27/13 at 6:30amQuote:
Right/Left would be a cool feature that might make the cable work exceptionally well, as opposed to just two stereos.
The cable is pricier than the price I paid for my M-100's at $275 USD.post #16360 of 230008/27/13 at 6:34amQuote:
The caption of the pic from Moon-Audio is for the hardwired version, so yeah... But I think the regular kind is just a single plug version.
p.s. it will be cool for the M-100 to go balanced with XLR, but I think that's overkill and not worth the cost.
Edited by DrSheep - 8/27/13 at 6:35ampost #16361 of 230008/27/13 at 6:41amQuote:
Oh...hardwired edition...ahh well!
Haha, XLRs for M-100's would look totally kick arse, even though its a major overkill.post #16362 of 230008/27/13 at 7:32amQuote:
Seriously, it would look sick, but be a hassle with the case I think.post #16363 of 230008/27/13 at 7:34ampost #16364 of 230008/27/13 at 7:37amQuote:
I don't think the case should be considered anymore. With the new XL Pads coming out, I'm pretty sure that'll already render our cases useless.post #16365 of 230008/27/13 at 8:11am
I was tempted to buy one of the NuForce Transient cables since my attempt at removing frayed fabric with a lighter resulted in my M-100 cable getting these pointy nubs that would stick to my clothes. Then I noticed that beneath the fabric of the M-100 cable is just a plain black rubber cable. A pair of scissors and 10 minutes later yielded this:
It looks tackier in the picture that it does in person. Now, no more microphonics, and no more clothing stickiness.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 21 seconds ago
- › Trinity Audio Q & A 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Oppo Sonica DAC (an affordable ES9038PRO Sabre DAC) 3 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker 4 minutes ago
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear