- 2,662 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: CONUS
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1091post #16351 of 191098/26/13 at 2:20pmQuote:
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16352 of 191098/26/13 at 2:23pmQuote:
That's 3.5mm to RCA.post #16353 of 191098/26/13 at 2:33pmpost #16354 of 191098/26/13 at 7:07pmpost #16355 of 191098/26/13 at 9:38pm
E17 make them sound night and day better. I run them at two levels reduced bass (-4) and they shine. Without reduced bass the bass is too overpowering, messing up with the mids. I would recommend E17 or any other good DAC.post #16356 of 191098/27/13 at 6:00amSo I bought the XL Pads last week, and I also bought other stuff with it, such as a cable and faceplates.
Will my cable and plates be arriving in 6-8 weeks time with my XL Pads, or will they come first, and then the XL pads later on in the weeks to come?post #16357 of 191098/27/13 at 6:18amQuote:
No idea but I think they will be shipped together to save postage.post #16358 of 191098/27/13 at 6:19ampost #16359 of 191098/27/13 at 6:20ampost #16360 of 191098/27/13 at 6:26amQuote:
That actually might work, but not sure how well. The port can be either output or input at the same time, so there is nothing to stop this kind of setup. However, I am hoping that they splite into mono right and left and not just duplicate the stereo to both sides.post #16361 of 191098/27/13 at 6:30amQuote:
Right/Left would be a cool feature that might make the cable work exceptionally well, as opposed to just two stereos.
The cable is pricier than the price I paid for my M-100's at $275 USD.post #16362 of 191098/27/13 at 6:34amQuote:
The caption of the pic from Moon-Audio is for the hardwired version, so yeah... But I think the regular kind is just a single plug version.
p.s. it will be cool for the M-100 to go balanced with XLR, but I think that's overkill and not worth the cost.
Edited by DrSheep - 8/27/13 at 6:35ampost #16363 of 191098/27/13 at 6:41amQuote:
Oh...hardwired edition...ahh well!
Haha, XLRs for M-100's would look totally kick arse, even though its a major overkill.post #16364 of 191098/27/13 at 7:32amQuote:
Seriously, it would look sick, but be a hassle with the case I think.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Music Game IX 6 seconds ago
- › Dsnuts Garage sale II 21 seconds ago
- › Grado PS1000 Owner's List 39 seconds ago
- › Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › PS Audio GCHA Headphone Amplifier + DAC 2 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here! 2 minutes ago
- › Best settings for the Xonar STX? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 5 minutes ago
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude