Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/28/14
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again. small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1091post #16351 of 212328/26/13 at 2:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16352 of 212328/26/13 at 7:07pmpost #16353 of 212328/26/13 at 9:38pm
E17 make them sound night and day better. I run them at two levels reduced bass (-4) and they shine. Without reduced bass the bass is too overpowering, messing up with the mids. I would recommend E17 or any other good DAC.post #16354 of 212328/27/13 at 6:00amSo I bought the XL Pads last week, and I also bought other stuff with it, such as a cable and faceplates.
Will my cable and plates be arriving in 6-8 weeks time with my XL Pads, or will they come first, and then the XL pads later on in the weeks to come?post #16355 of 212328/27/13 at 6:18amQuote:
No idea but I think they will be shipped together to save postage.post #16356 of 212328/27/13 at 6:19ampost #16357 of 212328/27/13 at 6:20ampost #16358 of 212328/27/13 at 6:26amQuote:
That actually might work, but not sure how well. The port can be either output or input at the same time, so there is nothing to stop this kind of setup. However, I am hoping that they splite into mono right and left and not just duplicate the stereo to both sides.post #16359 of 212328/27/13 at 6:30amQuote:
Right/Left would be a cool feature that might make the cable work exceptionally well, as opposed to just two stereos.
The cable is pricier than the price I paid for my M-100's at $275 USD.post #16360 of 212328/27/13 at 6:34amQuote:
The caption of the pic from Moon-Audio is for the hardwired version, so yeah... But I think the regular kind is just a single plug version.
p.s. it will be cool for the M-100 to go balanced with XLR, but I think that's overkill and not worth the cost.
Edited by DrSheep - 8/27/13 at 6:35ampost #16361 of 212328/27/13 at 6:41amQuote:
Oh...hardwired edition...ahh well!
Haha, XLRs for M-100's would look totally kick arse, even though its a major overkill.post #16362 of 212328/27/13 at 7:32amQuote:
Seriously, it would look sick, but be a hassle with the case I think.post #16363 of 212328/27/13 at 7:34ampost #16364 of 212328/27/13 at 7:37amQuote:
I don't think the case should be considered anymore. With the new XL Pads coming out, I'm pretty sure that'll already render our cases useless.post #16365 of 212328/27/13 at 8:11am
I was tempted to buy one of the NuForce Transient cables since my attempt at removing frayed fabric with a lighter resulted in my M-100 cable getting these pointy nubs that would stick to my clothes. Then I noticed that beneath the fabric of the M-100 cable is just a plain black rubber cable. A pair of scissors and 10 minutes later yielded this:
It looks tackier in the picture that it does in person. Now, no more microphonics, and no more clothing stickiness.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 28 seconds ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 36 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 53 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Auralic Gemini 2 minutes ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Prime MINT 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)