Does anyone have experience with prior pre-releases? Does it really take 6-8 weeks to get your ordered item(in this case xl pads). Seems like with all the work Val put into developing these he wouldn't offer them on pre-release until they were almost ready to ship and he had some to sell.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
Deep, Dark but not Handsome?! Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank Pandora for sending these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from an objective...
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Acknowledgment It’s always a privilege to check out new gear in exchange for your honest opinion. Thanks, iFi, for letting me in on this particular party. I’ve been borrowing this unit...
Introduction I have recently had the good fortune to review 1More’s excellent Triple Driver 1001 In Ear Monitors and their MK802 Bluetooth full-sized headphone and was left extremely impressed...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1083
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16232 of 228508/18/13 at 4:24pmpost #16233 of 228508/19/13 at 12:49ampost #16234 of 228508/19/13 at 5:49ampost #16235 of 228508/19/13 at 8:31amQuote:
At $20, they're under the allowance which is currently £15, so you shouldn't get stung for any extra charges.
I've ordered some custom shields and a cable at the same time as the pads though, so I'll be over the limit if they check the package at customs. What really irks me isn't the VAT I'll have to pay, but the greedy handling charge that gets added on. It's at least £8 even if the actual VAT due is tiny.post #16236 of 228508/19/13 at 8:32amQuote:
Even though they are closed headphones, they aren't not that great for isolation. I've never had the K518s so I can't compare directly, but it's pretty easy to hear what's going on around you with the music off and the M100s on my head compared to something like my GR07 IEMs. Neither are particularly good at isolation really...not one of my priorities I guess.post #16237 of 228508/19/13 at 9:26ampost #16238 of 228508/19/13 at 9:30ampost #16239 of 228508/19/13 at 9:39ampost #16240 of 228508/19/13 at 10:06amQuote:
Read the rest of the statement and your confusion should be cleared up.post #16241 of 228508/19/13 at 10:58amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by dbdynsty25
Even though they are closed headphones, they aren't not that great for isolation. I've never had the K518s so I can't compare directly, but it's pretty easy to hear what's going on around you with the music off and the M100s on my head compared to something like my GR07 IEMs. Neither are particularly good at isolation really...not one of my priorities I guess.
So does that mean that the M-100 are not suitable for bus-commuting purposes?
and walking around busy streets?
will the volume have to be pumped up to a dangerous level?post #16242 of 228508/19/13 at 11:03amQuote:
Not good for buses at all. Most headphones, in my experience, don't isolate very well from the low drone of a bus engine, especially if you're sitting at the very backpost #16243 of 228508/19/13 at 11:07ampost #16244 of 228508/19/13 at 11:10ampost #16245 of 228508/19/13 at 11:12amQuote:
Careful my friend, hearing damage lasts a lifetime and cannot be reversed.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 22 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 27 seconds ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 31 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Ocharaku 音茶楽 thread 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 3 minutes ago
- › B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear