Does anyone have experience with prior pre-releases? Does it really take 6-8 weeks to get your ordered item(in this case xl pads). Seems like with all the work Val put into developing these he wouldn't offer them on pre-release until they were almost ready to ship and he had some to sell.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
Why I love iFi and their products iFi have been known, reputably for their amazing amplifiers and DAC. Ranging from Nano to Micro to Retro and the most recent addition, the Pro line, iFi have an...
Build/Accessories: The Earsonics SM3 is a triple balanced armature IEM, with one driver for the lows, one for the mids, and one for the treble region. the shell is clear acryllic on the...
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1083
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16232 of 230028/18/13 at 4:24pmpost #16233 of 230028/19/13 at 12:49ampost #16234 of 230028/19/13 at 5:49ampost #16235 of 230028/19/13 at 8:31amQuote:
At $20, they're under the allowance which is currently £15, so you shouldn't get stung for any extra charges.
I've ordered some custom shields and a cable at the same time as the pads though, so I'll be over the limit if they check the package at customs. What really irks me isn't the VAT I'll have to pay, but the greedy handling charge that gets added on. It's at least £8 even if the actual VAT due is tiny.post #16236 of 230028/19/13 at 8:32amQuote:
Even though they are closed headphones, they aren't not that great for isolation. I've never had the K518s so I can't compare directly, but it's pretty easy to hear what's going on around you with the music off and the M100s on my head compared to something like my GR07 IEMs. Neither are particularly good at isolation really...not one of my priorities I guess.post #16237 of 230028/19/13 at 9:26ampost #16238 of 230028/19/13 at 9:30ampost #16239 of 230028/19/13 at 9:39ampost #16240 of 230028/19/13 at 10:06amQuote:
Read the rest of the statement and your confusion should be cleared up.post #16241 of 230028/19/13 at 10:58amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by dbdynsty25
Even though they are closed headphones, they aren't not that great for isolation. I've never had the K518s so I can't compare directly, but it's pretty easy to hear what's going on around you with the music off and the M100s on my head compared to something like my GR07 IEMs. Neither are particularly good at isolation really...not one of my priorities I guess.
So does that mean that the M-100 are not suitable for bus-commuting purposes?
and walking around busy streets?
will the volume have to be pumped up to a dangerous level?post #16242 of 230028/19/13 at 11:03amQuote:
Not good for buses at all. Most headphones, in my experience, don't isolate very well from the low drone of a bus engine, especially if you're sitting at the very backpost #16243 of 230028/19/13 at 11:07ampost #16244 of 230028/19/13 at 11:10ampost #16245 of 230028/19/13 at 11:12amQuote:
Careful my friend, hearing damage lasts a lifetime and cannot be reversed.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › The custom art Harmony 8.2 European demo tour 36 seconds ago
- › B&O Beoplay H4 announced 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Electrostatic Prototype Listening Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet Sat June 10 2017 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear