Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 109

post #1621 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiR3D View Post

Thought I would post this here for others to see

2e8b7e26_3f7784c1_V-Moda.png

 

Its for the Recycle promo. Its a revolver built from 2xheadphones and 6+ xIEMs over 5 days, using glue and only the related parts.

Concept and construction and art direction by me.

photography by Jarryd Cox

Modelled by my Girlfriend.

 

Here are the:

Build and construction of the Revolver

Highish res select photos from the shoot and closeups of the revolver

Although I also entered a picture, I think you just won the game. Very Impressive !!!

Here's my submission :

IMG_0088.jpg

post #1622 of 20874

post #1623 of 20874

$600 is ALOT for me.

post #1624 of 20874
That's ok. I'm not ready to spend that much on an amp yet either. However, I HAVE greatly appreciated the difference my FiiO amp made, to the point where I don't want to go back, and now that my FiiO e5 won't hold a charge anymore I feel like its upgrade time. It tightened up my Crossfade LPs considerably, car stereo and other headphones too. I definitely want a synergistic amp for the M-100 that has my name on it once they're released.

So maybe I can't afford a VAMP or other flagship product in my immediate future, but I could see it being important enough in my future.
post #1625 of 20874

Aside from the BOM, part of the Vamp's pricing goes to Apple's license fee for bypassing the internal DAC, that's what I recall from reading this thread.

 

I hope the non-Apple V-MODA amps come out way cheaper....

post #1626 of 20874

The m100 is $300? Was wondering because i was about to get the LP2 because i wanted a super bassy pair of headphones with a $200 price point, but if the m100 is $300 i'll buy the LP2, if it's cheaper then i'll wait.

post #1627 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by 054k4 View Post

Although I also entered a picture, I think you just won the game. Very Impressive !!!

Here's my submission :

IMG_0088.jpg

Both are absolutly brilliant although I could see yours being used in advertisement more tbh 

post #1628 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by uEih View Post

The m100 is $300? Was wondering because i was about to get the LP2 because i wanted a super bassy pair of headphones with a $200 price point, but if the m100 is $300 i'll buy the LP2, if it's cheaper then i'll wait.

 

If it's super bassy you want, you can't go wrong with the LP2. They are very well made, and are pretty much one of the biggest bass monsters around. You'll love them, I reckon.

post #1629 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by uEih View Post

The m100 is $300? Was wondering because i was about to get the LP2 because i wanted a super bassy pair of headphones with a $200 price point, but if the m100 is $300 i'll buy the LP2, if it's cheaper then i'll wait.

 

Quote from Val on M-100 pricing:

 

We calculate MSRP based on our BOM price (bill of materials).  In fact, I don't know M-100's final MSRP until it finishes final validation and we lock it down.  It'll definitely be less than or equal to $300.

 


As much as I would love great bassy headphones today,  IMO the M-100 should be worth the wait.  I love bass as much as anyone but it is almost meaningless if the mid, highs, vocals, etc don't have excellent clarity and detail (have not heard the LP2, just going by reviews; have heard the M-80 and love the sound).  I am holding out hope that the M-100 will be the best of every  headphone in its price range in one which would actually make it a great value at $300 and worth waiting for.


Edited by Craigster75 - 6/4/12 at 11:16am
post #1630 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

As much as I would love great bassy headphones today,  IMO the M-100 should be worth the wait.  I love bass as much as anyone but it is almost meaningless if the mid, highs, vocals, etc don't have excellent clarity and detail (have not heard the LP2, just going by reviews; have heard the M-80 and love the sound).  I am holding out hope that the M-100 will be the best of every  headphone in its price range in one which would actually make it a great value at $300 and worth waiting for.

 

Yup. The LP2 isn't renowned for its clarity; in fact, it has a very muddy sound relative to a PRO700MK2, for example. The M-80 on the other hand seems like an M50 - good for most genres, has good detail and clarity, and comes with decent bass extension. I would have gone for the M-80 myself, but as it stands, the M-100 is already on the horizon, so no harm in just waiting a bit. :)

post #1631 of 20874

at 600 bucks i can buy a DB2 + PB2 combo....

post #1632 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post

 

Yup. The LP2 isn't renowned for its clarity; in fact, it has a very muddy sound relative to a PRO700MK2, for example. The M-80 on the other hand seems like an M50 - good for most genres, has good detail and clarity, and comes with decent bass extension. I would have gone for the M-80 myself, but as it stands, the M-100 is already on the horizon, so no harm in just waiting a bit. :)


I'm curious about the PRO700MK2- is it so dark that the high end sounds muffled or veiled or is it just not accentuated like Ultrasones?

post #1633 of 20874

Really getting restless to hear and/or purchase the M-100.  With the Amperior about to hit stores and reviews starting to appear on Head-fi, I hope Val can get some pre-production M-100's out there for review and have them available for purchase ASAP.   I need want the best sounding new headphones for portable use and can only afford to purchase one pair of headphones in this price range.
 


Edited by Craigster75 - 6/4/12 at 10:47pm
post #1634 of 20874

I think i remember reading from Val that head-fiers might get a chance to purchase or pre-order M-100's 2 weeks prior to the official release.

post #1635 of 20874
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmau5y View Post

I think i remember reading from Val that head-fiers might get a chance to purchase or pre-order M-100's 2 weeks prior to the official release.


I hope so since I am up at 2:00 a.m. thinking about headphones :)  Listening to my B&W C5 in-ears which are really nice, but I am looking for a great pair of circumaurals. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.