or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1073

post #16081 of 22939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashade View Post

It's not my case, and that's why I disagree. But it's fine if you don't want to flash the phone. No problem with that.

If I buy a phone is because of the hardware on it and because I can modify the software to my preferences, and a Nexus allows you to do it the best, but there's other options out there, and a Nexus is not always the best option (although usually is).

Side development is the main reason for me to have android usually. Some people can be fine with stock, I'm usually not in any device. A nexus is usually the device with the highest amount of side development. In fact I barely debloat my phones as I find that software useful most of the time (as is the case in the note II).

There are many reasons to flash a device, one of them being get full control over the DAC, and not the only one.

I don't conceive the idea of buying an iPhone and not jailbreak it, and the same goes with android, but that is just my opinion.

Yup. This was my point too.

That said its tough to be the GE of the HTC One. I need LTE. Haha. And the headphone amp is quite a bit better than the Nexus 4 as long as beats is off tho sometimes it's good.
Edited by dbdynsty25 - 8/11/13 at 3:40pm
post #16082 of 22939
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post


Yup. This was my point too.

That said its tough to be the GE of the HTC One. I need LTE. Haha. And the headphone amp is quite a bit better than the Nexus 4 as long as beats is off tho sometimes it's good.

 

See, we're talking about a Nexus device though, or Google Edition, not a standard manufacturer edition (which becomes limited by carrier/manufacturer).  There is a difference there.  You specifically stated to flash a Nexus device, not a non-GE device.  If you had stated non-GE, I would agree with you.  But you said to flash the Nexus.  I don't agree that there really is that strong of a need to do that.  There obviously is reason to, but not as compelling of reasons. 

post #16083 of 22939
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

 

See, we're talking about a Nexus device though, or Google Edition, not a standard manufacturer edition (which becomes limited by carrier/manufacturer).  There is a difference there.  You specifically stated to flash a Nexus device, not a non-GE device.  If you had stated non-GE, I would agree with you.  But you said to flash the Nexus.  I don't agree that there really is that strong of a need to do that.  There obviously is reason to, but not as compelling of reasons. 

 

When you buy a Samsung device that is not attached to a carrier, you might like as well Touchwiz or the interface it comes with the phone better than naked Android, as is my case. The reason for flashing is always to add features to the phone that you didn´t have before, and it doesn´t matter if it´s HTC, Samsung, or a Nexus device. Not everybody is a lover of pure stock Android, but you might like better the technology or the hardware on that device, and definitely not everybody flashes just to get rid of the software that comes with the device either. Look around at XDA developers in the Note II section and count how many ROMs are based on TouchWiz. All the special features of the S-Pen come on the stock ROM, and not in pure android. If you want to get rid of those apps, you just need to get root, you don´t even need to flash a custom ROM, neither it has to be based on stock android.

 

The nice thing of a Nexus device is that you are always going to be getting the latest updates (with the latest drivers). I miss some nice features of my Note on my Nexus, like the possibility to split the screen to run two apps at the same time, the s-pen, the radio, the sd-card... You cannot get them in a Nexus because that comes with the development from Samsung. The bar in the bottom is absolute nonsense and ugly and there´s no need for it either, and so on.

 

There is reasons not to root your device? As many in a Nexus as in any other device. There is not such a big difference to be honest. Now, is there advantages in rooting and flashing? Of course there are, in every device. Is it worth to void your warranty? It is something that depends on you. Getting a hard brick is really difficult and in any case most of the manufacturers cover it although they say they don´t (I know this first hand and third hand), because most of the time if you get a hard brick is usually a bug on the device itself (and it´s usually impossible to know where it came from). In fact I know many cases with people getting hard bricks just with OTA updates in non rooted Nexus devices...


Edited by Ashade - 8/11/13 at 4:28pm
post #16084 of 22939

slightly offtopic here :p

post #16085 of 22939

Two people at work ordered some M-100s with the employee discount. Another ordered some LP2s. My friend got his M-100s today too. I've started a V-Moda following.

post #16086 of 22939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformatron View Post

Two people at work ordered some M-100s with the employee discount. Another ordered some LP2s. My friend got his M-100s today too. I've started a V-Moda following.

:).  Welcome.

post #16087 of 22939
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

smily_headphones1.gif.  Welcome.
Thanks, but I've been here for a while. 😄 Just letting you guys know how forcing people to listen to you talk about headphones actually works!
Edited by Transformatron - 8/11/13 at 8:19pm
post #16088 of 22939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformatron View Post

Th
Thanks, but I've been here for a while. 😄 Just letting you guys know how forcing people to listen to you talk about headphones actually works!

Anything we do here to buck the beats trend is a good thing.

post #16089 of 22939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformatron View Post

Th
Thanks, but I've been here for a while. 😄 Just letting you guys know how forcing people to listen to you talk about headphones actually works!

Good to hear!  It's a thankless mission, but someone has to make the sacrifice.  I've converted a few "b's" myself around the office!

post #16090 of 22939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawgun View Post

Well. This is just awful. I was bought a pair of V-moda M-100 and what's now? Left side of headphones doesn't work. It's can sound only when I randomly 
bend the 
headband. I spent 310 dollars for "
indestructible" 
headphones and they just broke after 4 months of 
caring attitude. All my previous headphones were cheap but they worked minimum for a year. I saying about Audio Technica ES7 and even Pioneer MJ5. 
I am very disappointed.


P.S. Somebody who has used already M100 please advise me which headphones I can take as worthy replacement of these? I need balanced (with more mids than in M100) headphones with strong construction and durable (and it would be nice - replaceable) wire.

I'm having the same problem, on Friday my M100 were working beautifully. Now on Monday morning the left speaker doesn't work, and I thought I was getting an indestructible pair of headphones. What really pisses me off is I take awesome care of my stuff. Expecially when it costs me over $300. Think I'm just going to return them, to bad really likes them
post #16091 of 22939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Guardian698 View Post


I'm having the same problem, on Friday my M100 were working beautifully. Now on Monday morning the left speaker doesn't work, and I thought I was getting an indestructible pair of headphones. What really pisses me off is I take awesome care of my stuff. Expecially when it costs me over $300. Think I'm just going to return them, to bad really likes them

Make sure your cable is completely clicked into place.

post #16092 of 22939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Guardian698 View Post

I'm having the same problem, on Friday my M100 were working beautifully. Now on Monday morning the left speaker doesn't work, and I thought I was getting an indestructible pair of headphones. What really pisses me off is I take awesome care of my stuff. Expecially when it costs me over $300. Think I'm just going to return them, to bad really likes them

Have you tried the other 3.5mm ports?
post #16093 of 22939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Guardian698 View Post


I'm having the same problem, on Friday my M100 were working beautifully. Now on Monday morning the left speaker doesn't work, and I thought I was getting an indestructible pair of headphones. What really pisses me off is I take awesome care of my stuff. Expecially when it costs me over $300. Think I'm just going to return them, to bad really likes them

 

Try inserting the cable into the other earcup. Also try different cables.
post #16094 of 22939

There was supposed to be a sale today right?

post #16095 of 22939
Quote:
Originally Posted by fade2blak View Post

There was supposed to be a sale today right?

The Twitter teaser (try to say that 10 times fast) says this week, but didn't mention a specific day.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.