or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1072

post #16066 of 22881
Quote:
Originally Posted by x838nwy View Post


This sort of thing can lead to people owning what would be to others an unreasonable number of headphones.


This is why I would suggest going for broke on the best pair of headphones that checks most, if not all, of one's boxes instead of  ending up spending the same or more money on 3 or 4 headphones with their own unique combinations of strengths and shortcomings.

post #16067 of 22881
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post

 

We sell in Singapore and Malaysia in retail, we are updating the store list this week as we added a lot of retail stores internationally lately (Dubai/Singapore/Malaysia/Italy/Australia/Taiwan/Germany/France).

 

(EDIT)

 

MALAYSIA STORES:

Rock Corner

Harvey Norman

Mac Studio

Foto Flash

Jaben

 

there may be more...

Oh ya I definetely won't be buying from there, I will probably get it from sales forums which I could get roughly aboit RM950 = $300

 

If I were to get from the stores as you stated : It will cost $100 more : RM1250 = $390

post #16068 of 22881

hummel, you said you had a Nexus phone, right? I tried my M-100 with my friend's Nexus 4 and it didn't get that loud either. Even at full volume, which is slightly louder than I prefer, it would have been too quiet for a noisy environment. Compared to my Galaxy Note and Infuse 4G, full volume on the nexus was about 65-70 percent volume on my phones. That's a limitation of the phone and not your headphone.

I'm not telling you which headphone to choose since you clearly enjoy both, but if you do choose the M-100, then I say put some of that Beats Pro money toward an amp or a dedicated player like a Sansa Clip. If you don't want an amp or another player to lug around, then I think you have your answer.

post #16069 of 22881
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post

hummel, you said you had a Nexus phone, right? I tried my M-100 with my friend's Nexus 4 and it didn't get that loud either. Even at full volume, which is slightly louder than I prefer, it would have been too quiet for a noisy environment. Compared to my Galaxy Note and Infuse 4G, full volume on the nexus was about 65-70 percent volume on my phones. That's a limitation of the phone and not your headphone.

I'm not telling you which headphone to choose since you clearly enjoy both, but if you do choose the M-100, then I say put some of that Beats Pro money toward an amp or a dedicated player like a Sansa Clip. If you don't want an amp or another player to lug around, then I think you have your answer.

If I were able to get the M-100 and a used good condition Beats Pro at the same price, which would be a better deal? I use it mainly for portable, is the beats pro somewhat like the UE6000? does it fall when your moving your head around or gives that a feeling to you?

post #16070 of 22881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdropped111 View Post

If I were able to get the M-100 and a used good condition Beats Pro at the same price, which would be a better deal? I use it mainly for portable, is the beats pro somewhat like the UE6000? does it fall when your moving your head around or gives that a feeling to you?

If you look at my signature, you'll know I'm a V-MODA fanboy.

 

With that said, I haven't spent much time listening to the Beats Pro or the UE6000, so I can't really comment on that. It just seemed like everyone was quick to say, "Drop the Beats," and "You shouldn't be listening to music that loudly." I just wanted to let hummel and everyone else know that the Nexus 4 doesn't go very loud compared to other smartphones like the iPhone or Samsung Galaxy series. I know that for a fact. A quick Google search of "Nexus audio volume" will verify this.

My point was if hummel is unwilling to get a portable amp or a better music player, than the Beats will suit his needs better as it gets him the volume he needs. However, the volume issue is with his phone and not the M-100. I think the consensus among everyone here is that the Beats Pro sound is either comparable or inferior to the M-100 and, given that it's $100 more, is the lesser value of the two. Even hummel says the M-100 sound clearer and while the Beats Pro has more of the bass he wants they also sound fatiguing.


Edited by SpiderNhan - 8/11/13 at 10:07am
post #16071 of 22881
After a fast Google search...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2025486

I'm pretty sure there's other mods as well. It's well worth trying it.
post #16072 of 22881

I don't think it matters anymore as all signs pointing to him going deaf soon...

post #16073 of 22881

im going for the m100. after listening some rock music i made my decision. the beats pro can get harsh while listening rock music while the m100 is more controlled and the voices come through more clear.

The beats pro dont fall of ur head, unless u bent over, u have the feeling its gonna fall of ur head because its a heavy headphone. on the go i maybe think the pro looks a little weird because its so big. The pro is easier to drive through an mp3 player than the m100.

And i dont always listen my music so loud, but for house music i like the bass to really kick. Than again the pro gives u this, but after some songs u get the feeling uve been in a disco with the music just a little too loud .. its because the pro has that little bit of 'harshness' in it.

btw the bass on the m100 can get the speakers to rumble, thats not the case with the beats

 

 

and thx for the turorial on how to get louder sound out of my nexus, but i dont want to flash another rom on it just for the sound


Edited by hummel - 8/11/13 at 11:07am
post #16074 of 22881
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

I don't think it matters anymore as all signs pointing to him going deaf soon...

I was thinking the same thing.

post #16075 of 22881
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummel View Post

and thx for the turorial on how to get louder sound out of my nexus, but i dont want to flash another rom on it just for the sound

Why'd you buy a Nexus if you don't wanna flash the thing? It couldn't be easier and that's the whole point of them! Haha.
post #16076 of 22881
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post


Why'd you buy a Nexus if you don't wanna flash the thing? It couldn't be easier and that's the whole point of them! Haha.

 

The whole point of getting a Nexus is so you don't have to flash the ROM to get a Google-only OS.  One of the main reasons why people flash their ROMs and root/jailbreak (same thing) is so they can get rid of the manufacturer addons that have already been installed on the device, and can't be taken off.  The Nexus series of devices are designed with the specific purpose that they don't have any of these, thus removing that reason to flash.  The other main reason is so they can stay up to date.  Again, the Nexus devices are designed to be running straight Google, and since Google has full control over the software, and hardware (sort of), they can push out updates to them in a timely fashion. 

 

The point of a Nexus device is to run straight Google software without any addons or bloatware preinstalled (which allows you to stay up to date as well). 

 

Now, that's not to say there isn't reason to flash the device, but two of the main reasons for flashing have basically been removed.  Then there's the deal with warranty. 

 

There has only been one (actually 2) phones that have been released publicly where the manufacturer set a reason to buy them was to root/jailbreak them.  They are the Palm phones that run WebOS where the directions on how to root/jailbreak was given in the instruction manual. 


Edited by tinyman392 - 8/11/13 at 11:35am
post #16077 of 22881
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

The whole point of getting a Nexus is so you don't have to flash the ROM to get a Google-only OS.  One of the main reasons why people flash their ROMs and root/jailbreak (same thing) is so they can get rid of the manufacturer addons that have already been installed on the device, and can't be taken off.  The Nexus series of devices are designed with the specific purpose that they don't have any of these, thus removing that reason to flash.  The other main reason is so they can stay up to date.  Again, the Nexus devices are designed to be running straight Google, and since Google has full control over the software, and hardware (sort of), they can push out updates to them in a timely fashion. 

The point of a Nexus device is to run straight Google software without any addons or bloatware preinstalled (which allows you to stay up to date as well). 

Now, that's not to say there isn't reason to flash the device, but two of the main reasons for flashing have basically been removed.  Then there's the deal with warranty. 

There has only been one (actually 2) phones that have been released publicly where the manufacturer set a reason to buy them was to root/jailbreak them.  They are the Palm phones that run WebOS where the directions on how to root/jailbreak was given in the instruction manual. 

Respectfully disagree.
post #16078 of 22881

thats why i buy nexus phones idd, for the stock android thats on it. No reason to flash for me ;)

post #16079 of 22881
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummel View Post

thats why i buy nexus phones idd, for the stock android thats on it. No reason to flash for me wink.gif

It's not my case, and that's why I disagree. But it's fine if you don't want to flash the phone. No problem with that.

If I buy a phone is because of the hardware on it and because I can modify the software to my preferences, and a Nexus allows you to do it the best, but there's other options out there, and a Nexus is not always the best option (although usually is).

Side development is the main reason for me to have android usually. Some people can be fine with stock, I'm usually not in any device. A nexus is usually the device with the highest amount of side development. In fact I barely debloat my phones as I find that software useful most of the time (as is the case in the note II).

There are many reasons to flash a device, one of them being get full control over the DAC, and not the only one.

I don't conceive the idea of buying an iPhone and not jailbreak it, and the same goes with android, but that is just my opinion.
Edited by Ashade - 8/11/13 at 1:06pm
post #16080 of 22881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashade View Post


It's not my case, and that's why I disagree. But it's fine if you don't want to flash the phone. No problem with that.

If I buy a phone is because of the hardware on it and because I can modify the software to my preferences, and a Nexus allows you to do it the best, but there's other options out there, and a Nexus is not always the best option (although usually is).

Side development is the main reason for me to have android usually. Some people can be fine with stock, I'm usually not in any device. A nexus is usually the device with the highest amount of side development. In fact I barely debloat my phones as I find that software useful most of the time (as is the case in the note II).

There are many reasons to flash a device, one of them being get full control over the DAC, and not the only one.

I don't conceive the idea of buying an iPhone and not jailbreak it, and the same goes with android, but that is just my opinion.

 

I made my statement because the main reasons to flash your phone, given by the majority of the population that owns Android, was to either get stock Android or to stay up to date.  Nexus devices make those reasons invalid.  I did make the statement that there are others, you pointed out the DAC being one, but the main two have been taken care of, which is the reason you don't see Nexus devices getting flashed as much as others. 

 

As stated, I'll say it again, there is a reason still to flash it, the question becomes, is it worth the risk of voiding warranty to do (in case you run into a problem that doesn't allow you to revert for whatever reason). 

 

As for comparing reasons to jailbreak an iPhone and root an Android, we're dealing with two completely different worlds here.  There is lots of reasons to jailbreak an iPhone, it's closed by nature.  Android is actually pretty open by nature (straight out on its own), there actually is less reason to root an Android as opposed to jailbreaking an iPhone.  The majority of people who jailbreak an iPhone is to run unauthorized (3rd party) code on it.  Android already allows this BTW as well as allowing customization options (second reason why iOS is jailbroken). 

 

There obviously are other reasons why people root, but the main two are stated above and covered by all Nexus devices. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.