Spending money on power is fine as long as it needs it, but the m-100 was made for mobile devices so getting such a high power amp just confuses me
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
I know a lot of people say a DAC is a DAC is a DAC, but I’m not one of them. A DAC’s chipset and its implementation, among other things, play a very real role in determining how it sounds....
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1065post #15961 of 229908/9/13 at 6:45am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15962 of 229908/9/13 at 6:46amQuote:
The best reason to do it is to fix the recess mid. It's not a total fix but it does help a great deal.post #15963 of 229908/9/13 at 6:54ampost #15964 of 229908/9/13 at 6:55ampost #15965 of 229908/9/13 at 7:02ampost #15966 of 229908/9/13 at 7:18amQuote:
The DAC/amp combo is really what sets Verza apart. Verza takes M-100 and most other capable headphones to another level in the sense that I perceive the sound with greater clarity and resolution. There are subtle sounds and tones as well as a natural spaciousness that come through with Verza vs. my Iphone direct. It is especially apparent with vocals. There is also a bass boost button as an added bonus which I rarely use because Verza seems to fill out the low end by bringing out the sound that is already on the track as opposed to having a default boost.
As with all high-end gear, the cost/benefit ratio is subjective, but there is a noticeable difference for portable audiophiles.post #15967 of 229908/9/13 at 7:44ampost #15968 of 229908/9/13 at 7:47amQuote:
Sadly, no.post #15969 of 229908/9/13 at 8:53amQuote:Originally Posted by DrSheep
Wait, you don't need to spend $600 to do that. O.opost #15970 of 229908/9/13 at 9:13ampost #15971 of 229908/9/13 at 9:21amQuote:
Overall, we're talking about a improvement in sound. I think most of us believe that they do sound good, right out of the box but they really reach their true potential with additional clean power that most mobile devices dont provide.
Currently I'm running the M100's on The National from ALO Audio and the sound is really amazing. Mids are more forward, getting even more quake from the lows and the highs are more clear without being too bright.
The M100s are very efficient in terms of power so an amp isnt totally necessary but with a good amp, even a novice will notice a clear improvement.post #15972 of 229908/9/13 at 9:25amQuote:
I think some of us wonder (myself included), if the verza is truly worth the price in comparison to similar amp/dac combos on the market today. I think you'd be hard presed to see it win in a comparison test against the ALO, Pico, RSA or some others in the same price range.post #15973 of 229908/9/13 at 9:29amQuote:Originally Posted by martybm5
I think some of us wonder (myself included), if the verza is truly worth the price in comparison to similar amp/dac combos on the market today. I think you'd be hard presed to see it win in a comparison test against the ALO, Pico, RSA or some others in the same price range.
That's very true, but remember that the VERZA is pretty much the only one that supports both iOS and a majority of Android devices out there (and Windows RT, if you care.) Of course for $600 amp only, then I will get the ones you mentioned anytime. In fact, I am very likely to pick up a ReMK3-B+ or HiFi M8 in the future.
Edited by DrSheep - 8/9/13 at 9:31ampost #15974 of 229908/9/13 at 10:37ampost #15975 of 229908/9/13 at 11:05amReturned my M-100s to Amazon. Contacted V-Moda support and they told me that they don't cover shipping for replacements, which is understandable, but disappointing to say the least. 2 pairs hit with the same problem, very unlucky. Made one side of my $300 headphones feel like a Chinese knockoff. Maybe Amazon got a bad batch with damaged hinges.
Anyways, if V-Moda's Monday sale is decent and possible includes the XL pads, I'll order the M-100s again, but otherwise, my HA-S500s will be my portable fix until something else blows over. Sad though, since I really enjoyed the M-100 sound signature, how low-profile it was and its portability.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... just now
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 18 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 36 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic iDX 200 iE impressions? 1 minute ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Are you a console or PC gamer? 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 7 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 7 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear