Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1062
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15917 of 229948/8/13 at 3:15pmpost #15918 of 229948/8/13 at 3:35pmpost #15919 of 229948/8/13 at 5:25pmOne of my hinges seemed to have crapped out on me. I exchanged my first pair with Amazon because of a bad hinge and the replacement I got was fine up until now. Now, the hinge rarely snaps into place anymore (both ways) and most of the time, it doesn't click when I extend it from it's folded position anymore. Was there a bad batch of hinges or something or was I just seriously unlucky? Anyone know what I can do to fix it? On another note, does V-Moda send out replacement hinges so we can repair them ourselves, since it seems like it's pretty easy to do? The 30 day period is up so I can't go through Amazon anymore :/post #15920 of 229948/8/13 at 5:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by synergic
One of my hinges seemed to have crapped out on me. I exchanged my first pair with Amazon because of a bad hinge and the replacement I got was fine up until now. Now, the hinge rarely snaps into place anymore (both ways) and most of the time, it doesn't click when I extend it from it's folded position anymore. Was there a bad batch of hinges or something or was I just seriously unlucky? Anyone know what I can do to fix it? On another note, does V-Moda send out replacement hinges so we can repair them ourselves, since it seems like it's pretty easy to do? The 30 day period is up so I can't go through Amazon anymore :/
The easy thing to do is take a pair of needle nose pliers and tighten the bolt that is on the inside part of the hinges. For some reason, sometimes that bolt gets loose. That bolt is the part that controls the clicking sound and tightness of the fold.post #15921 of 229948/8/13 at 6:03pmQuote:Thanks for the reply. I tried doing what you suggested and it only seemed to increase the folding resistance and didn't seem to help fix the click and snap issue I'm having. I played around with it some more and I found that I can make it click more often if I quickly and forcefully snap it back into place manually, but there's a bit too much force required and makes it feel like I'll eventually break the hinge completely. Nothing I can do about the no-snapping thing though.
I rechecked my Amazon order and it seems I actually have until next week to return or exchange it. I've already exchanged a pair once at Amazon and it was a headache that costed me ~$40 in currency exchange fees. Would it be advisable to go through V-Moda directly?post #15922 of 229948/8/13 at 7:11pmQuote:
Yes.post #15923 of 229948/8/13 at 7:33pmpost #15924 of 229948/8/13 at 7:52pmQuote:
Bassiest? No. You should try Ultrasone Pro or the new Skullcandy Crusher.post #15925 of 229948/8/13 at 7:59pmpost #15926 of 229948/8/13 at 8:03pmQuote:
Been hearing about the ultrasone pros for a while but the skullcrushers are garbage! Is that even a serious response or are you just trolling on account of being sick of bass related inquiries?post #15927 of 229948/8/13 at 8:18pmQuote:
You mean the bassiest headphone period? Heck no.post #15928 of 229948/8/13 at 8:23pmpost #15929 of 229948/8/13 at 8:30pmQuote:
You asked what headphones were the "bassiest", not which ones would have great sound. Maybe try listing all of your preferences and you'll get a more tailored response. What I would try to avoid is asking questions and then criticizing the responses you get. Doesn't really encourage the sharing of opinions.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Micro-Driver Madness!! (AAW Q and BYZ K17 added) 51 seconds ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 4 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB... 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear